Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 370.
#6001 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Ditto. I have most of my monthly bills on one CC. Dish, Verizon, Consumers Power, Netflix......etc....They give me 2 points for every dollar spent. I know have enough to fly to Europe for free. Never carry a balance.

I do the same thing, never have a balance, and I am getting lots of frequent flyer miles. However, this is only a good idea if you are wired a certain way. For some folks it can be a slippery slope to heavy high interest debt.

It's not a judgement on anybody, but you have to take an honest look at yourself and see if it is a dangerous move for you or not. I know it sounds weird, but I have a real sense of accomplishment each month when I pay the cc balance in full. I know that I am living within my plan.

#6002 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I do the same thing, never have a balance, and I am getting lots of frequent flyer miles. However, this is only a good idea if you are wired a certain way. For some folks it can be a slippery slope to heavy high interest debt.
It's not a judgement on anybody, but you have to take an honest look at yourself and see if it is a dangerous move for you or not. I know it sounds weird, but I have a real sense of accomplishment each month when I pay the cc balance in full. I know that I am living within my plan.

Honestly....my wife handles the day to day finances. Without her to keep me in check I'd probably get into trouble

That being said I am the long term planner and handle all of the retirement plans and major purchases like cars/home etc....

#6003 9 years ago

My CC tip...and I use it to get to pin shows.

Amex SPG, First year free...25,000 issued when you use....
Thats good enough for 8 free hotel nights at the Texas show! Great Hotels...
$99/year afterward....pretty easy to put electric, cable, etc, and get a weeks free hotel around the country, and overseas.

Then a Southwest Card. $99 for the year, but they give you enough mileage to kinda get
2 free round trip tickets in the US.

Even if you use both for just one year and cancel....$99, 2 free round trip tickets and up to 8 nights free Sheraton/Aloft other hotels...

If possible put everything you can on a CC, always pay it off, and get points for cash, hotel or air.

But also Amex is good for Predator protection!

#6004 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My CC tip...and I use it to get to pin shows.
Amex SPG, First year free...25,000 issued when you use....

Also if you transfer 20k points to an airline (including AA, despite the Platinum snub) they credit you 25k. I <3 my SPG amex!

#6005 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Yeah this is kind of where im going with it. I know my limitations and don't trust myself with credit cards.

#6006 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

huh?
using credit cards ≠ living outside ones means
for those lacking self control. yes, they can be dangerous, but dont lump us all into that category.
I probably spend $6-$8K per month on my credit card.
And I pay zero interest
And I accumulate far better perks than if I used a debit card
And, my purchases are far better protected.

Which CC do you use? Zero interest... Nice! What about the annual fees, etc?

Nevermind just saw your post listing them.

#6007 9 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

I think the point flynnibus is trying to make (and it's a good one) is that purchasing with a CC gives you an extra layer of protection that paying with cash/debit card, etc does not. That layer is the CC company who, in my experience will go to bat for the customer.
It doesn't mean you buy big ticket items with money you haven't got. By all means make sure the cash is in the bank to pay the CC bill before making the purchase. Then immediately pay the bill when it comes in to avoid the interest. Virtually everyone in my family does this. It's come in handy more than once.

yes definately, totally agree. if used correctly, and sensibly, a credit card is extremely beneficial and does offer the security as you mentioned.

#6008 9 years ago

Guess I can have a blowout sale on my Predator art prints now....

10258410_1443736439206600_8910939926783962076_o.png10258410_1443736439206600_8910939926783962076_o.png
#6009 9 years ago

CC's can be a huge downfall if you let it. I learned my lesson after my 20's. Never again will I have an outstanding balance on any credit card. The interest and fees will kill you.

I use my Discover for everything as I get 1.25% Cash back. Pay it off every month and no annual charges.

#6010 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

CC's can be a huge downfall if you let it. I learned my lesson after my 20's. Never again will I have an outstanding balance on any credit card. The interest and fees will kill you.
I use my Discover for everything as I get 1.25% Cash back. Pay it off every month and no annual charges.

Yep it's free money if you are paying off on time. No brainer, and if you use a debit card and a store has a security breach then your real money is exposed not the credit cards'.

#6011 9 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

Guess I can have a blowout sale on my Predator art prints now....

And the UV light never worked! (Nice pics!)

#6012 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or, and I'm just spitballin' here, we could all live within our means. Example: I use my debit card, PayPal uses my 'pp' savings account so they can't screw up my primary accounts.
I have a 10 grand CC, never use it unless traveling, which I do very rarely.
Debit cards are a great way to live well without worrying about paying interest at the next billing cycle if your late with payments.

You don't pay interest on a credit card unless you don't pay your balance.
You don't worry about being late if you live within your means. You shouldn't need a hard limit like 'card declined' to know how to do that.
By using the credit card you can manage your cash flow in and out much better.. AND get paid to do it (1-2% right off the top).

Using credit cards does not mean 'spend more' - it means manage your cash flow better. There is no reason to pay cash for everything as a consumer when they are willing to take credit at their expense.

Debit cards are getting better with CC-like 'fraud protection' but you still have to deal with your actual cash being out or locked up... when you don't with Credit Cards.

#6013 9 years ago

Diners club all the way..........!

#6014 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

not when it can get out of hand. do u realise how many million people, mismanage their credit>?
if its there, use it kinda thing...

If you really are at that kind of risk.. is buy $5-$8k toys really that smart of an idea?

If you can't control yourself.. then face the problem and put reasonable limits on your cards to force yourself to stay within them.

Debt Visa cards were great for people not old enough to get credit cards, or those who need a secured version due to past credit (or no credit) issues. Anyone using them long term really need to face the music and start their own financial coaching/practice.

I can't help myself with spending.. and "i'm buying predator" from the same people... is damn scary.

#6015 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Got out and got my deposit back after TPF last year. Left this mess behind long ago.
And it is 80 degrees and sunny here today. Glorious.

Looks like TPF will be good this year if that weather holds.

#6016 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Players club, VIP treatment baby.

players club.jpgplayers club.jpg

#6017 9 years ago

One of my favorites from Living Color.

#6018 9 years ago

^haha, I was wondering if anyone would get the reference. I should be going to sleep, but have been watching the old skits on youtube for the past 15 min XD

edit: another gem

#6019 9 years ago

^^ 6000 ^^

#6020 9 years ago

Remember this one? Stupid, but always made me laugh.....

#6021 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^haha, I was wondering if anyone would get the reference. I should be going to sleep, but have been watching the old skits on youtube for the past 15 min XD
edit: another gem » YouTube video

We have similar taste, thats another of my favorites. I remember the early 90's as a young teen and the greatness it offered, watched alot of living colour and yes Martin. There was a better feeling then with regards to music and films and well everything else, although I was smoking hash joints and doing alot of other things including not going to school and living in arcades but man was it fun.

#6022 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

^^ 6000 ^^

Juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside!

#6023 9 years ago

Someone doesn't like in living color and hash joints...

In all fairness though, hash in a joint is a bit impractical from a thermodynamic standpoint

Screenshot_2015-03-26-01-42-11.pngScreenshot_2015-03-26-01-42-11.png
#6024 9 years ago

Is it safe yet?

#6025 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If you really are at that kind of risk.. is buy $5-$8k toys really that smart of an idea?
If you can't control yourself.. then face the problem and put reasonable limits on your cards to force yourself to stay within them.
Debt Visa cards were great for people not old enough to get credit cards, or those who need a secured version due to past credit (or no credit) issues. Anyone using them long term really need to face the music and start their own financial coaching/practice.
I can't help myself with spending.. and "i'm buying predator" from the same people... is damn scary.

Give me a break. What I do with my money is my business and I definitely don't need people preaching to me about it. You handle your money your way and let me worry about myself. This whole financial judgement is a waste of time. I bought into predator with entertainment funds how I chose to buy in with my own cash, not some banks credit card is my business. I've always lived by cash is king and credit cards are just trouble to me. My wife handles the finances so im not going through the trouble of juggling credit cards. Predator was also the only machine ive ever bought through paypal so Ill chalk it up to a learning experience. The fact that people are getting chargebacks does not guarantee they will hold onto those funds if lawsuits are filed and money that kevin is sitting on has to be distributed evenly.

#6026 9 years ago

Yeah, chargebacks don't mean shit if the coffers are empty, and you could dig yourself a hole if you go spending your (their) money

#6027 9 years ago
legendary_thread.jpglegendary_thread.jpg
#6028 9 years ago

I personally prefer conductive thread. I sew like a blind amish housewife, but I've made some cool stuff. I've got some sheets that illuminate like a star-filled sky when you lay down on them

#6029 9 years ago

There is a zero percent chance that anyone gets a refund anytime soon. Why would you think that he has the money to refund everybody? If he knows that he can't refund everybody, he knows that he will be going bankrupt. He has probably talked to a bankruptcy lawyer already. The FIRST thing a bankruptcy lawyer will tell him is, DON'T GIVE ANYTHING TO ANYBODY. The court will sort it out. This is written in stone advice from bankruptcy lawyers. The next advice is, don't file for bankruptcy until you receive the first lawsuit. From then, he has 30 days to file. All the while, whatever money is left, IS STILL AVAILABLE TO HIM.

My guess is that your pre-order money is now paying for his lawyers' retainers. If you paid by check, you may have to actually show up to the bankruptcy proceedings to get your money back.

#6030 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't pay interest on a credit card unless you don't pay your balance.
You don't worry about being late if you live within your means. You shouldn't need a hard limit like 'card declined' to know how to do that.
By using the credit card you can manage your cash flow in and out much better.. AND get paid to do it (1-2% right off the top).
Using credit cards does not mean 'spend more' - it means manage your cash flow better. There is no reason to pay cash for everything as a consumer when they are willing to take credit at their expense.
Debit cards are getting better with CC-like 'fraud protection' but you still have to deal with your actual cash being out or locked up... when you don't with Credit Cards.

I learned all this when I was 17.

My issue was back in 08 when I was living on paying off my Amex every month, interest free. Almost never used my debit card. When my bills kept being mailed out later and later ( post marked), finally, they whacked me for fees and late charges ( I paid online, same day I got my bill!), they fixed it, but then next month I got my bill 3 days after it was due! Finally cancelled it, and resumed using my debit card.

My wife ran into trouble in 01, was barely making minimum payments, she tried to hide it from me, turned into 10,500 bill with 28% interest! I paid it off, but they treated ME like an asshole during negotiations, and I told them the whole story, they couldve cared less. I paid full interest, ended up being about $12000 by the time I closed the account.
When I cancelled the card, 2 months later they were asking me to come back. Soured me BAD on cc's.

I've always had 740 and up credit and live well within my larger means. You'd be surprised how the money adds up when all you do is work and sleep ( when I can!).

Just like that 12 grand fiasco, this $4750 is considered gone, gone, gone! I couldn't take time out of work to chase after it anyways! My garage would collapse into a black hole without me there!!

#6031 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Give me a break. What I do with my money is my business and I definitely don't need people preaching to me about it. You handle your money your way and let me worry about myself. This whole financial judgement is a waste of time. I bought into predator with entertainment funds how I chose to buy in with my own cash, not some banks credit card is my business. I've always lived by cash is king and credit cards are just trouble to me. My wife handles the finances so im not going through the trouble of juggling credit cards. Predator was also the only machine ive ever bought through paypal so Ill chalk it up to a learning experience. The fact that people are getting chargebacks does not guarantee they will hold onto those funds if lawsuits are filed and money that kevin is sitting on has to be distributed evenly.

KC, I think you may be seeing insults where not intended. We'd be shocked at how many folks juggle hobbies and bills as if they are all the same. I know a few who make a bit less than me but are broke all the time.

Flynnbus could've presented better, but meh.

#6032 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

PlanesTrainsAutomobiles[1].jpgPlanesTrainsAutomobiles[1].jpg

#6033 9 years ago

Is this thread ever going to close?

#6034 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I hope not

#6035 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Story ain't over yet. No ones gotten any refunds afaik.

#6036 9 years ago

I am surprised....that every one is surprised.

#6037 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Story ain't over yet. No ones gotten any refunds afaik.

Agreed. But this thread went too far off topic. Stupid pictures have nothing to do with refunds.

#6038 9 years ago

I sincerely hope you get 100% of your deposits refunded and they start happening today !

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/embed/fQaavQNGsMY?autoplay=1&rel=0

#6039 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Agreed. But this thread went too far off topic. Stupid pictures have nothing to do with refunds.

Like this one for example

Quoted from lowepg:

Oh.... I wouldn't say that.
I think there's a good chance Kevin could have some of his assets infringed upon...
Dropped+soap+prison+bad+time+_926f3aa1254e37d988e80c39cf16449a.jpg

#6040 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

No, they don't. But a little humor can help keep this powder keg from exploding while people wait to see if refunds actually get delivered.

If not, this thread is certain to get pretty dark, quickly.

#6041 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Remember this one? Stupid, but always made me laugh.....
» YouTube video

I remember that one, funny they mention my town in it. Could it have something to do with the ratio of hunters & hicks in this area?

#6042 9 years ago

Dear Kevin, why do you keep using the word "swiftly" (such as "refunds will be swiftly") in your communications??

anigo.jpganigo.jpg

#6043 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I don't think so. Boob pics, complaining, venting, discussing, it's all part of the process.

Can't be just on topic ALL the time. Not possible with so many personalities.

#6044 9 years ago

So is there new spots in line available to preorder it ?

#6045 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No, they don't. But a little humor can help keep this powder keg from exploding while people wait to see if refunds actually get delivered.
If not, this thread is certain to get pretty dark, quickly.

As I'm sure everyone is aware, the mod team has plenty of sets of eyes on this thread. We are watching and doing our best to balance keeping tempers in check with everything else. This thread, we all agree, is pretty badly derailed, but it's staying open for now until the issues get resolved.

#6046 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

So is there new spots in line available to preorder it ?

Yeah, you can buy mine. 10k by Xmas, I promise! But pay me swiftly!!!

#6047 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Dear Kevin, why do you keep using the word "swiftly" (such as "refunds will be swiftly") in your communications??
anigo.jpg

At work we jokingly refer to people that speak like that as "quasi-professional". They break their natural speech patterns to try and sound more professional.

If they just acted like themselves they would come off as more knowledgeable and confident.

#6048 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

As I'm sure everyone is aware, the mod team has plenty of sets of eyes on this thread. We are watching and doing our best to balance keeping tempers in check with everything else. This thread, we all agree, is pretty badly derailed, but it's staying open for now until the issues get resolved.

FWIW, I think you all are doing a great job with this so far. It's almost gotten out of hand a couple of times, but one of you reeled it back in.

#6049 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

FWIW, I think you all are doing a great job with this so far. It's almost gotten out of hand a couple of times, but one of you reeled it back in.

Much appreciated. This is definitely the most "all hands on deck" thread that's come up. It's a hot potato that we are all juggling. Balancing the need to do some extra moderation to douse the sparks with over moderating is keeping us on our toes to be sure!

#6050 9 years ago

I'm crossing my fingers that Pinball News puts out an update story today with Kevin's official response to all outstanding concerns. Seems like 4 days should have been enough time to write up his responses to these questions:

-How much money was spent?
-Do you have an official accounting of where every penny was spent?
-What percentage of money collected is remaining?
-Are the funds in your personal bank account(s), PayPal, or both?
-Are there any hurdles to refunding the money that is left? (i.e. PayPal freezing funds, CC co's chargebacks, etc.)
-Did you ever actually form a legal business entity and if so, where was it registered?
-Will you now admit there was never a license? If not, please tell folks the name of even one person at Fox you were working with to approve artwork as you suggested numerous times.
-What will become of all the parts that have been purchased to build the "10 games" you noted?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.