Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 366.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Looks EXACTLY like the one on the card....

Looks like he is Smiling at me.

#552 4 years ago

Oh my God! That toy has the Predator logo but no TM symbol after it. Quick, check the sadnerdswholikeplastictoys forum, they must be going nuts.....

#553 4 years ago

Err, why does it also have an age rating of 17?

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Looks EXACTLY like the one on the card....

And what's with the Zoidberg sandals? Going to a beach party?

#555 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Oh my God! That toy has the Predator logo but no TM symbol after it. Quick, check the sadnerdswholikeplastictoys forum, they must be going nuts.....

you should see what they're saying about MMR on that forum. whew...

#556 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

btw for you Predator owners who like to do mods. Was in Target store this past weekend and saw on a back end cap in the toy department retro Predator action figures by Reaction. They are small enough to sprinkle on the play field in key locations. Have Predator with mask, without and cloaked. I'm not big on just adding action figures but for those who are - you're welcome for the tip.

predator-funko-3-75-inch-reactio... 112 KB

the actual toy doesnt look much like the pic next to it on the box. id be looking at better resembled predators out there... that one kinda looks too cute, not much nasty to it ...
just another thing. correct me if im wrong but there is zero reference on their official skitb pinball website to their predator pin ?.. at all .... unless im looking blindly, which i dont doubt sometimes.

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

the actual toy doesnt look much like the pic next to it on the box. id be looking at better resembled predators out there... that one kinda looks too cute, not much nasty to it ...
just another thing. correct me if im wrong but there is zero reference on their official skitb pinball website to their Predator pin ?.. at all .... unless im looking blindly, which i dont doubt sometimes.

oh boy...

#558 4 years ago

Predator-doll.jpg
#559 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

correct me if im wrong but there is zero reference on their official skitb pinball website to their Predator pin ?.. at all .... unless im looking blindly, which i dont doubt sometimes.

You have to view the website in a room lit by blacklight; then you will see Predator on the skitb website.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

correct me if im wrong but there is zero reference on their official skitb pinball website to their Predator pin

Here you go:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130620133813/http://skitbpinball.com/

They did have some alternative designs for the "new look" of their web site, but this option, for example, was thought to be a bit lacking:

skitb.jpg

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You have to view the website in a room lit by blacklight; then you will see Predator on the skitb website.

hahaha

#562 4 years ago

Most likely liability.

It also says "Adult Collectible - Not a Toy." Probably a way to not have to comply with toy laws (materials, testing and so on).

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Clearly a false choice that you fabricated there.

How so? He has no employees....so either he spends his time building games or spends his waking hours on the net finding out what peoples questions are and answering them in addition to running his life.

Put a timer on next time you go on pinside. You would be surprised how much time you spend here. Add answering emails and there is no chance he would have any time to build games, work a job, eat, sleep, cook, let the dog out, shop for food, see your kids etc. Its just reality Rob, not opinion.

Thats why I did not get into this project at all. It had no funding to start with and minimal human resources. I give him a lot of credit for how far he has come, but now its crunch time and the shit is hitting the fan as evidenced by so many people being pissed off. This project has been going on for how long now...3 years? So he has to decide if he is going to spend his time cutting bait or fishing. Either way he is going to have people pissed off at him.

I will not "crowd fund" anybody again after what we went thru with WOZ, and WOZ was done thru a guy who has spent his whole life in the industry both in manufacturing and sales and knew the ropes. And he still ran into a bunch of roadblocks. Its a good lesson for a lot of people hopefully. Don't expect immediate results from "boutique" pinball manufacturers.

I hope he gets a quality game done and everyone gets what they wanted. But its not going to happen overnight with the budget restrictions he has and everybody wanting to twist his ear for immediate answers.

Post edited by playernumber4

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Its just reality Rob, not opinion.

lol

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Here you go:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130620133813/http://skitbpinball.com/
They did have some alternative designs for the "new look" of their web site, but this option, for example, was thought to be a bit lacking:

skitb.jpg 49 KB

ha!

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Well, he can work on building games or he can hang out on the computer all day answering stupid questions and apologizing while everything comes to a standstill.
Which option does everyone prefer?

Actually, Rob is correct. It IS a false choice, because it implies that only one can happen or the other, and that the two options are mutually exclusive.

Charlie Emery seems to find time to build and ship games, communicate with customers (current and potential future customers), travel to trade shows, post on Pinside, listen to feedback, respond thoughtfully, with both words and actions, spend time with his wife and kids, and host a pinball podcast in his spare time.

Charlie has more than proven that you can both build games and communicate with stakeholders at the same time. Amazingly, he seems to be physically healthy and in pretty good spirits, too.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Charlie has more than proven that you can both build games and communicate with stakeholders at the same time. Amazingly, he seems to be physically healthy and in pretty good spirits, too.

Clearly Charlie has superhero type powers.

On a serious note, my favorite word for a long time has been 'balance'. When you think about it, it is the greatest challenge we all face. Finding balance in our lives between all of the demands placed on us (family, work, hobbies, health, etc.). We all have periods of time where things are in balance and all is right with the world, and there are those times when they are not. The more they are out of balance, the higher the stress level, which can then lead to being even more out of balance.

It would seem that Charlie has managed to maintain balance a good percentage of the time (I doubt he has always found balance over the last few years). It seems Kevin has fallen out of balance and is clearly trying to find it again, and I'm sure he will. I'm sure one of the reasons he avoids pinside a lot of the time is that it certainly won't help him find or maintain balance.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly Charlie has superhero type powers.
On a serious note, my favorite word for a long time has been 'balance'. When you think about it, it is the greatest challenge we all face. Finding balance in our lives between all of the demands placed on us (family, work, hobbies, health, etc.). We all have periods of time where things are in balance and all is right with the world, and there are those times when they are not. The more they are out of balance, the higher the stress level, which can then lead to being even more out of balance.
It would seem that Charlie has managed to maintain balance a good percentage of the time (I doubt he has always found balance over the last few years). It seems Kevin has fallen out of balance and is clearly trying to find it again, and I'm sure he will. I'm sure one of the reasons he avoids pinside a lot of the time is that it certainly won't help him find or maintain balance.

image.jpg
#569 4 years ago

Impressive, it was indeed The Karate Kid, where I first picked up on the concept of finding 'balance' in ones life.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It seems Kevin has fallen out of balance and is clearly trying to find it again, and I'm sure he will. I'm sure one of the reasons he avoids pinside a lot of the time is that it certainly won't help him find or maintain balance.

I appreciate your thoughts about "balance", but in a business context, engaging with stakeholders (e.g., investors, actual customers, potential customers, vendors, and employees) helps ensure a better balance in life.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating...

The Law of Information Flow -- "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance." If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.

The grapevine is a weed. It will never die. The best you can hope for is to contain it through proactive weed control. The "grapevine" surrounding Skit-B and the company's product is thriving BECAUSE OF Kevin's choices regarding information flow (e.g., removing all traces of Predator licensing information from the website, not responding to customer request for refunds, not promptly following up on emails to the "Support" team). Those very choices are actually further complicating his life, from a business perspective and a personal perspective, so if he truly wants to achieve better balance in life, he needs to change how he interacts with stakeholders.

Charlie Emery is managing information flow proactively. He is very good at "proactive weed control". Charlie appears to have achieved a pretty healthy life balance.

Kevin is managing information flow reactively, and only when it becomes a crisis. He's ignoring the weeds, and they are aggressively overtaking the lawn. Kevin has more than once alluded to the impact of this situation on his personal health (e.g., "it's simply not healthy for me", "This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here").

I don't think these two situations are purely coincidental.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I appreciate your thoughts about "balance", but in a business context, engaging with stakeholders (e.g., investors, actual customers, potential customers, vendors, and employees) helps ensure a better balance in life.

not sure of the need for the 'but', I think my point is you need to balance all of these things. Not just work vs personal, but in the case of a business, as you said, you have to balance the needs of customers, investors, etc. I think there is general agreement that Kevin and Skit-B are not in balance across all of these things right now. I do believe that Kevin recognizes that and is trying to find the balance, which is easier said then done, whether he succeeds, time will tell.

The more you have on your plate the tougher it is to balance it. He has a lot on his plate.

2 weeks later
#572 4 years ago

Another bi-weekly update yet?!

#573 4 years ago

Not Yet....Hoping for one today or early tomorrow. I am sure Kevin is busy building games.

#574 4 years ago

Sooo, 23 hours before dresses?

#575 4 years ago

Are we gonna get an update today? Looks like no predators finished or delivered before 2015 baring a Skit-B miracle.

#576 4 years ago

So I guess there goes that.

#577 4 years ago

Screw the update, at least let us know who won the bet!

#578 4 years ago

It's 2015! Quick, let's grab a noose and find WhySnow!!!

The good news is that it would appear Predator is moving forward.

#579 4 years ago

The winner of the bet is a very well known person in the pinball community and knows how to get back at people very well. Looking towards seeing the shirts that the non-winner and Skit-B personel will be wearing at MGC 2015.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Screw the update, at least let us know who won the bet!

Korn won the bet. I am sure he will come up with something creative for me (and I guess Kevin) to wear at MGC.

My guess is bronies and banger will be involved in some way.

I am sure it will not disappoint. Korn is creative and will surely find a way to completely humiliate while towing the line of not offending MGC folks.

I am more worried about where I have to take him for food (dinner was part of the bet also). I will suggest a titty bar but not sure if any in reasonable distance to the venue.

#581 4 years ago

I'd like an update to show Skit-B is working to improve communication, they are now past the 2 week deadline. If you are gonna tell folks you'll be giving biweekly updates then stick to your word and do it. This is yet another frustrating part of this preorder.

I'm sorry if this comes across as whining but a little communication goes a long way to ease fears and I don't think I'm out of line.

#582 4 years ago

I agree. I think today is exactly 2 weeks since the last update, correct?

They need to keep up on biweekly communication as promised.
As long as we get something over the weekend I am happy.

Hoping to see assemblies completed, populated pfs, wiring harnesses, etc... soon.

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree. I think today is exactly 2 weeks since the last update, correct?
They need to keep up on biweekly communication as promised.
As long as we get something over the weekend I am happy.
Hoping to see assemblies completed, populated pfs, wiring harnesses, etc... soon.

The last update we got was on the 16th that was 17 days ago.

#584 4 years ago

Pardon me, but we just went through a couple of holidays primarily thought of as "time with friends and family". Perhaps you've heard of them, Christmas and New Years. As far as I know, a large number of people in SkitB's and Kevin's home state take time to celebrate these holidays. So if he took some time off for them, give him a break.

On the other hand, if Kevin doesn't send out an update by the end of next week, then we can get out the pitchforks!

Phil
Predator #229

#585 4 years ago

Update email received and the website has been changed.....

www.skitbpinball.com

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Update email received and the website has been changed.....

Got it too, good to see our biweekly-ish update!

#588 4 years ago

It's comical that the "new" website (replacing the last one that was only a year old) still has no Predator on it, but funhouse and duckhunt are there.

Update also doesn't name the game or show anything that would identify it as a predator game.

Good luck to those waiting.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's comical that the "new" website (replacing the last one that was only a year old) still has no Predator on it, but Funhouse and duckhunt are there.
Update also doesn't name the game or show anything that would identify it as a Predator game.
Good luck to those waiting.

Hmmmm...

elephant-in-the-room-2.jpg
#590 4 years ago

I would like to see an update that shows more than a bunch of parts we already seen a year ago almost?? How about some production updates or maybe even when production is starting?

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's comical that the "new" website (replacing the last one that was only a year old) still has no Predator on it,

Hey Chicken Little, this has been put to rest already! The licence doesn't allow certain forms of advertising. Get over it

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I would like to see an update that shows more than a bunch of parts we already seen a year ago almost?? How about some production updates or maybe even when production is starting?

Or maybe the plastics, ya know, on top the game.

#593 4 years ago

Just give me a Damn pic of machines being built...

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Hey Chicken Little, this has been put to rest already! The licence doesn't allow certain forms of advertising. Get over it

Did SkitB/Kevin actually say that they aren't allowed to mention Predator on their website, or was that just Pinside speculation? I know Kevin has stated they have the license to make the game, but I didn't remember seeing any official explanation for its notable absence from the website.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did SkitB/Kevin actually say that they aren't allowed to mention Predator on their website, or was that just Pinside speculation? I know Kevin has stated they have the license to make the game, but I didn't remember seeing any official explanation for its notable absence from the website.

Not that I'm aware of, I believe it was just an assumption by everyone. He did say the license is fine so that would lead us to believe he is not allowed to market it.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Not that I'm aware of, I believe it was just an assumption by everyone. He did say the license is fine so that would lead us to believe he is not allowed to market it.

This seems like one possible explanation, though pretty odd when you think about it (why would a license holder demand that the end product not be advertised?) Not trying to rehash this topic. I know it's been discussed to death already, and since production seems to be going forward, not sure many buyers really care what the story is so long as they get their games.

But NinJaBooT's "Chicken Little"/ "this has been put to rest" post made me think that Kevin has actually explained somewhere that Fox won't let him put Predator on his website even though the game itself is still authorized. If that's the case, I'd be interested to read it!

#597 4 years ago

The license issue about skit b not being able to show the game or mention predator has been explained by a company working closely with skit b. Everyone can search and find it if you want or you can just keep whining and complaining and contributing nothing. From day one it was said the license was cheap because it was very limited. We are getting our updates regularly now. Kevin has explain the lighting upgrades. Why must people keep whining about the license. Why would he keep giving us updates if the game wasn't coming? What does he have to gain by it? If you worried about the license and your in on a game back out and get your money back. If your not in for a game just STFU. Don't you people have anything better to do then rehashing the same crap.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The license issue about skit b not being able to show the game or mention Predator has been explained by a company working closely with skit b. Everyone can search and find it if you want or you can just keep whining and complaining and contributing nothing. From day one it was said the license was cheap because it was very limited. We are getting our updates regularly now. Kevin has explain the lighting upgrades. Why must people keep whining about the license. Why would he keep giving us updates if the game wasn't coming? What does he have to gain by it? If you worried about the license and your in on a game back out and get your money back. If your not in for a game just STFU. Don't you people have anything better to do then rehashing the same crap.

Seriously dude? You should swing over to the JPOP thread sometime, you Predator guys have it easy!

Ps. Your on an Internet pinball chat forum, so if you are gunna tell people to "STFU" you might want to take your own advice.

#599 4 years ago

Ok the STFU might have been a little harsh but seriously people every time there is a update its always the same thing, a rehash of "what about the licensing " then quite for two weeks till the next update. Updates are a good thing. It's what all of us owners want so why the negativity every time? There is lots of talk about the license from skit b suppliers and a very good podcast awhile ago with Kevin explaining when and how he got the license. It's all lost somewhere in all the predator threads. See you all in 2 weeks when the update comes and more people ask the same old boring "what about the license.

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Ok the STFU might have been a little harsh but seriously people every time there is a update its always the same thing, a rehash of "what about the licensing " then quite for two weeks till the next update. Updates are a good thing. It's what all of us owners want so why the negativity every time? There is lots of talk about the license from skit b suppliers and a very good podcast awhile ago with Kevin explaining when and how he got the license. It's all lost somewhere in all the Predator threads. See you all in 2 weeks when the update comes and more people ask the same old boring "what about the license.

*sigh*

There's a very easy way to kill this issue, just by following Aurich's suggestion:

-----
"I'm ignorant of the legal situation Kevin is under, but I wish he could have just said this months ago:

“Hey guys, so we’re building this game, and it’s going great. To keep costs low we’re not allowed to specifically talk about the IP online. We don’t really know if that even means we can’t say the name of it in this message, but to prevent problems we’re going to play it safe. It’s the game you all know, nothing has changed, and the license is fine. But that’s why we pulled all the info, helps you get your game cheaper. Sorry for the confusion, carry on!”

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-few-words-from-skit-b-pinball/page/7#post-2112804
-----

In the meantime...

"Making pinball machines is HARD!!!" - Nate Shivers, Coast 2 Coast Pinball Podcast

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 229.99
$ 209.99
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside