Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 366.
#5751 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Does no one who got in on this not live near this Kevin? If he lived here in Kentucky I would drive to his house and knock on his door and demand he give me the EXACT time frame of refunding and how much money is left in whatever account. Short of him calling the police, I would stay there making my demands. I'm not talking vigilante justice, I just mean calling on him and have him show me where the money is and get a grasp of how much is left. I would hound the SOB to death if he lived close to me here! So no one in on this lives in Minnesota, or where ever the hell he lives?

He lives in Michigan, im sure there are people in this close by. I know I've thought about driving out there but im a long way away and im not so sure what knocking on his door will accomplish. Im giving him this last deadline to refund my money and if it doesn't happen Ill proceed with a suit.

#5752 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I can see you're definitely a role model on Pinside.

Nope. Just able to see someone imploding. At any rate, that's all you're going to get out of me.

#5753 4 years ago

SNN2502GX3-532_1459446a.jpg

#5754 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

What would you have spent the money on, had Skit-B never announced Predator? Another pin? A motorcycle? A trip to the West Indies? A Vietnam-era Gatling gun in near-mint condition?

This image got 4 "unsafe" tags and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidehillary-clinton-shrug-ap.jpg 4

Only one gatling gun in the registry sadly so pretty sure he wouldn't be buying it even if he were bill gates.

#5755 4 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

And the mods' silly zealotry over naughty words that are just synonyms for sex or feces is also like Demolition Man.

That was a well earned fine for violating the verbal morality statute.
RHlGWye.png

#5756 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Wonder how Kev will split these up amongst all his Predator victims?

http://www.skitbpinball.com/#!store/c1cfx

Maybe those and the virtuapin cabs can be auctioned off.

virtuapin-predator-cabs.jpg
#5757 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

He lives in Michigan, im sure there are people in this close by. I know I've thought about driving out there but im a long way away and im not so sure what knocking on his door will accomplish. Im giving him this last deadline to refund my money and if it doesn't happen Ill proceed with a suit.

I asked this question a few times, and at least once on pinside. So far one Mi. pinhead admitted to buying in. I suspect that those closest to the fire backed away because it was to hot.

#5758 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Showing up in a threatening manner is not an answer.

Well . . . knocking on the door and asking him questions is not all that threatening to me. If I got scammed by someone who lived here close to me I wouldn't go there to knock the door down and beat the hell out of him, I would feel ENTITLED to go there and ask questions. I am not advocating getting 'carried away' as you said. I see no harm in being frank and firm with this guy though, in PERSON. I would be compelled to 'act' because I couldn't stand the suspense of either getting my money back, or not.

Remember, the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. Show up on his door step and he might just decide to get rid of you by giving you your refund right then and there . . . with the cash he has squirreled away under his mattress. Also, the 'visit' wouldn't be designed to embarrass him in front of his wife and kids, but . . . if I did something like this and people started knocking on my door wanting their money back, perhaps my wife would need to know what kind of shit I was doing wrong! And from all that I've read, his wife is already in on this too, so why would she be embarrassed?!

And no, I didn't have any money in on this, but I've read this entire thread each and every day and I have ached and grovelled over this along with all you guys who DID have money in on it, and with great empathy. Sad for all of you guys (and gals) and I wish you good luck. Just don't give up!
Mike

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

virtuapin-predator-cabs.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Those are gonna have to be destroyed, or the decals removed.

#5760 4 years ago

I think it would be worth a drive by just to see if he got the hell out of Dodge. I will be really surprised if he stayed put. He's lost his hobby. He didn't have a real job. He faces the possibility of prison time no matter what. He's sitting on a pile of cash. He makes bad decisions.

What's that guy gonna do? He's gonna try to disappear. I hope I'm wrong.

#5761 4 years ago

This thread needs more arguing of definitions.

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

virtuapin-predator-cabs.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Notice the back box art is another straight rip-off of dvd art. How did this stuff not bother you guys at the time??

#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

This thread needs more arguing of definitions.

how do you define "definitions" ?

#5764 4 years ago

I would have liked to read them to decide for myself if I wanted to "scoff" at them or not. I was not afforded that right and now I sit with no refund and 3 years waiting for this turd to come to a conclusion.

The emails only appeared 3 weeks ago. Their contents are mirrored here https://predatorpinball.wordpress.com/

I didn't take it too seriously it was written very conspiracy nut-like manner.

#5765 4 years ago

The only difference is fraud/scam in spirit/intent vs fraud/scam in fact/legal. Fine i can agree Kevin didn't fraud/scam people "in sprit" (instead is a naive, delusional boob) but the fact is he committed fraud due to his actions

#5766 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I have no idea. Personally, I feel as though I've been bamboozled, shanghaied, and hoodwinked. But I haven't had time to look them up in Webster's, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to feel that way.

#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm just not sure what Nintendo hopes to gain by arguing the semantics of the word "scam". It comes off poorly. But hey, it's your rep. Carry on.

Mentally, it's very hard for some people to accept or admit they got scammed. Good old fashioned denial. Notice how he's also talking like the refunds are a guarantee?

"I didn't get scammed, I just didn't get my game. There's a huge difference. But I talked with them and it's all cool. Big misunderstanding. Outside forces, man. Naysayers. Non-believers. Industrial sabotage. Fluoride in the water supply. Bigfoot. Aliens. Tsunami. Global Warming. The check is in the mail. The dog ate my homework. Like real X-files shit in play, man." (Takes bong rip).

#5768 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The only difference is fraud/scam in spirit/intent vs fraud/scam in fact/legal. Fine i can agree Kevin didn't fraud/scam people "in sprit" (instead is a naive, delusional boob) but the fact is he committed fraud due to his actions

How do we know this? It is likely a mixture of internal issues. Cryptic opinion....Because I don't know, and I'm not a Doctor.

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Notice the back box art is another straight rip-off of dvd art. How did this stuff not bother you guys at the time??

Try these on and take another look. Pic shamelessly lifted from PurpleDrillMonkey.....

skitbgoggles.PNG
#5770 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Virtuapin is probably the only vendor out there that would turn a blind eye to the copyright violations. Hell, look at vpforums.com (owned by virtuapin). Nothing but copyright violations there.

#5771 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Try these on and take another look. Pic shamelessly lifted from PurpleDrillMonkey.....

skitbgoggles.PNG

Ok thats funny shit

#5772 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Virtuapin is probably the only vendor out there that would turn a blind eye to the copyright violations. Hell, look at vpforums.com (owned by virtuapin). Nothing but copyright violations there.

Except, the product that most virtual pin sellers are selling is just a computer. If there are no decals on the game that violate and its up to you what is on the computer then it is a bit different. just saying.

#5774 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Nope. Just able to see someone imploding. At any rate, that's all you're going to get out of me.

Trying to pick fights on pinside with someone isn't exactly very "model-like", hence my first comment. Stick to the subject please.

#5775 4 years ago

Ok, all of you who are still screaming scam, quitting griping about it on here and file a fraud report with the FBI. The issue crossed state lines so that makes it a federal offense. I'm sure all of you have your proof in hand or at least nearby. Scamming someone out of money is against the law, so report it. I've even included the link below. Please rid us of this heinous criminal mastermind.

https://tips.fbi.gov

P.S. Please also remember that libel (the act of publishing a false statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone) is also a crime.

P.P.S The wife and I paid in full a year ago so yes, I do have skin in this situation.

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Webster anyone?

#5777 4 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I have no idea. Personally, I feel as though I've been bamboozled, shanghaied, and hoodwinked. But I haven't had time to look them up in Webster's, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to feel that way.

#5778 4 years ago

Quick question. For those that are in denial that it was a scam.

Will your mind change when you don't receive a refund?

#5779 4 years ago

OK folks...we are really trying to keep this reasonable-ish. It's totally derailed, and we get that. We are hoping to see info from Kevin or updates or something.
We all understand tempers are high and on the verge of boiling over. But, that said, this thread is bringing out the absolute worst in people. There is a ton of bickering, arguments, and general petty and nasty behavior between pinsiders that have nothing to do with anything remotely relevant.
We need to keep this from devolving into an angry mob with pitchforks and torches that's as eager to go after Kevin as it is to devour itself.

Please cut out the back and forth, arguments on definitions, all of the high school macho posturing.

The mod team is watching this thread very carefully and doing anything possible to keep the powder keg from exploding so keep it above board.

#5780 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Quick question. For those that are in denial that it was a scam.
Will your mind change when you don't receive a refund?

100%

#5781 4 years ago

i bet that Kevin tries to take the money and run!
image.jpg

#5782 4 years ago

I'll reduce my refund amount to $4650 if he sends along a complete set of the skull/body/claw being offered for sale on his website.
Nice little keepsake to remind myself NEVER AGAIN.

#5783 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

We need to keep this from devolving into an angry mob with pitchforks and torches...

Everyone knows pitchforks and torches are just so passé. Mobs now use selfie sticks and smartphones. And then live tweet and blog about it. And leave a Yelp review of their mob experience.

#5784 4 years ago

a follow up "open letter to kevin" from the ag... scroll past the initial story...

https://predatorpinball.wordpress.com

#5785 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Well . . . knocking on the door and asking him questions is not all that threatening to me. If I got scammed by someone who lived here close to me I wouldn't go there to knock the door down and beat the hell out of him, I would feel ENTITLED to go there and ask questions. I am not advocating getting 'carried away' as you said. I see no harm in being frank and firm with this guy though, in PERSON. I would be compelled to 'act' because I couldn't stand the suspense of either getting my money back, or not.
Remember, the squeakiest wheel gets the oil. Show up on his door step and he might just decide to get rid of you by giving you your refund right then and there . . . with the cash he has squirreled away under his mattress. Also, the 'visit' wouldn't be designed to embarrass him in front of his wife and kids, but . . . if I did something like this and people started knocking on my door wanting their money back, perhaps my wife would need to know what kind of shit I was doing wrong! And from all that I've read, his wife is already in on this too, so why would she be embarrassed?!
And no, I didn't have any money in on this, but I've read this entire thread each and every day and I have ached and grovelled over this along with all you guys who DID have money in on it, and with great empathy. Sad for all of you guys (and gals) and I wish you good luck. Just don't give up!
Mike

Holy smokes, be smart man. I don't even want anyone to come close to suggesting this right now.

Do NOT go to his house.

Do NOT suggest others go there. Period.

He knows everyone is super-peeved. He probably feels threatened already, and could be concerned about his safety, or that of his family. If someone shows up unannounced on his doorstep, that's just insanely stupid...no matter WHAT your intentions may be.

Be safe, be smart. YOU may not think it would be "threatening", but I'm not going to assume HE feels the same way.

In short, don't advocate for this kind of behavior. We can't let it happen....and it's not just to protect Kevin, it's to protect everyone.

Pete

#5786 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

a follow up "open letter to kevin" from the ag... scroll past the initial story...

“The Real Story” – An Open Letter to Kevin
MARCH 24, 2015 ~ LEAVE A COMMENT

Kevin Kulek stated in email tonight:
For those of you interested, there will be a follow-up article posted on Pinball News with the real story.

Here is an open letter to Kevin Kulek.
Kevin, read closely:

If your intent is to come clean, admit to the facts found, and own things – great. Even better (as Nate described in Coast2Coast #147) tell the whole story, and go over the top with “as dirty as it truly is”. If so, would be a good sign of true penance. Penance right now is a good thing. Would bode well for you.

On the other hand, if your intent is to bandage everything up, patch & crackfill, and maintain any of the storylines of the past… you’ll end up digging yourself deeper. If you DARE go down ANY road of trying to uphold any inkling of a fiction of working with Fox, following rules they laid out, and any kind of ongoing process of submission/approval you claimed before… you have to realize that just saying it won’t be good enough. Don’t say anything unless you are ready to back it up.

OK, you likely (we hope) won’t claim you had a license anymore… BUT:

PLEASE DON’T have a stupid fallback position/fiction planned in your head, thinking you’re going to win sympathy by going down the “Sorry guys, I thought…” road.

If you claim you had ANY kind of setup with Fox, we will maintain you are a liar.
Otherwise, prove us (and Fox IP’s senior attorney) wrong:

Name the “IP dude who was a cool pinhead” person, state his position, his phone number, and/or his email address. We will verify the story.

Name the person(s) who were your alleged Fox liasons the last couple years. The ones who you allegedly communicated with on a regular basis, and worked with your approvals through. Again – name(s), position(s), phone numbers or email addresses. We will verify the story.

Heck, just the “Long Tall Sally” claim alone: Please name the agency, date, contact name, arrangement details, cost… We will verify the story.

Show the hobby (have Martin post them) past emails for SOMETHING…. ANYTHING… with complete headers (nothing redacted in the contact info) and showing communication on ANY matters related to IP on your machine. We will verify the story with those people at those email addresses.

And a final note, Kevin: Be aware that your “Real Story” will be forwarded to Mr. Coughlin, the Fox senior attorney on your case. He will be interested in seeing another official update on what your position is on the Predator matter, and it’s backstory. Kevin, it had better be iron clad. It’s going to literally be taken-in as a public statement for their case notes.

Sorry to all if this sounds “mean”, but we’ve simply had it with Kevin and his ring-around-the-rosies. If that is what he’s going to attempt again. Kevin’s dancing is what delayed Martin from publishing for 3+ months. Kevin ALWAYS kept things appearing hopeful / fixable / active. Martin didn’t want to sink the ship, and tried his best to coach Kevin toward solutions. That burned up a lot of time. We feel bad for poor Martin, who is professionally obligated to provide an equal platform for Kevin to speak (in a spirit of fairness of the press). We encourage Martin to stay strong with the “courtroom” type verifications that he had in place for us. We had to get Martin to the level of actual phone conversations with Fox in order to verify our claims. We expect the same will be required of Kevin.

Maybe Kevin will just come clean, and tell a story of refunds, ending the project, and his hopes for another way the machine could get made in the future. Maybe it will be as benign as that.

But this “real story” inference sounds like Kevin has got some alternate story to tell, or corrections to make to what we found… Kevin, don’t go there. Mea Culpa. Mea Culpa. Keep it simple.

#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

This whole thing is bullshit. The dedicated website and "penance" and more questions about licensing. The only thing that matters is when are refunds going out.

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This whole thing is bullshit. The dedicated website and "penance" and more questions about licensing. The only thing that matters is when are refunds going out.

Agreed. Antagonising the situation is not wise when buyers still have their money on the line.

#5789 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Actually, the VP forums and the downloaded material has been ok'd by Stern, as it's not direct competition for their sales. It has been discussed with Stern, and they have no problems with it, as long as they don't make tables for the boardset they currently are making.

#5790 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Wow these f*ckers don't have the decency to stop till we at least find out if the refunds will come or not. Pffft...Losers, lt's like high school with mustaches.

#5791 4 years ago

Predator pinball for sale on Craigslist! Good deal?

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

lt's like high school with mustaches.

Exhibit A for Fox's lawyer:

high-school-mustache.jpg
#5793 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Exhibit A for Fox's lawyer

Right? I wish their Moms would call them out of the basement for dinner....unreal.

#5794 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually, the VP forums and the downloaded material has been ok'd by Stern, as it's not direct competition for their sales. It has been discussed with Stern, and they have no problems with it, as long as they don't make tables for the boardset they currently are making.

yes, but Stern isn't the only IP owner in pinball.

The B/W IP, for example, is completely ripped off...

just saying....

So Id agree with the previous poster, VP isnt exactly the poster child for protecting IP. But since I own a mame machine and a virtualpin- lol- perhaps im not either!

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

But what about pinsiders? How is it no pinsider went "Hmm, that backbox art is DIRECTLY taken from the Predators [2010] theatrical one-sheet. Does skit-b really have the license to ALL the Predator movies now?"

I mean it's bad enough that the art was just copies from these other sources even if he did have magical licenses to every Predator movie, comic, dvd, trading card, etc ever made. But to not be like "huh, that's weird..."

#5796 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

“The Real Story” – An Open Letter to Kev
Here is an open letter to Kevin Kulek.
Kevin, read closely:

I was OK with their big expose (though wish it came sooner), but this last email feels like they want to go beyond exposing Kevin and want to rub his nose in it.

It's just not needed... especially since Kevin hasnt refuted and of the allegations since the article.

Now IF he comes out and spins a new web of shit, well , that different. But right now, this feels like they are just "spiking the football"

#5797 4 years ago

This letter confirms their intent over concern for the purchasers. Sad

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I was OK with their big expose (though wish it came sooner), but this last email feels like they want to go beyond exposing Kevin and want to rub his nose in it.
It's just not needed... especially since Kevin hasnt refuted and of the allegations since the article.
Now IF he comes out and spins a new web of shit, well , that different. But right now, this feels like they are just "spiking the football"

Agreed.

The guys made the point.

2nd volley should be reserved for if/when he does not refund.

He has said he would asap. So... give him a chance?

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

But what about pinsiders? How is it no pinsider went "Hmm, that backbox art is DIRECTLY taken from the Predators [2010] theatrical one-sheet. Does skit-b really have the license to ALL the Predator movies now?"
I mean it's bad enough that the art was just copies from these other sources even if he did have magical licenses to every Predator movie, comic, dvd, trading card, etc ever made. But to not be like "huh, that's weird..."

Ain't hindsight grand...

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Show up on his door step and he might just decide to get rid of you by giving you your refund right then and there . . .

And that might be when he shows you his shotgun.

Never underestimate a man in this position.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 244.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.95
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 269.99
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside