Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 370.
#5701 9 years ago

It's amazing that of all the people who had these emails, not a single one decided to post. A simple disclaimer allowing me to make my own mind up regarding the validity would've been fine imo.

#5702 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Dude, no point. I tried to explain my thoughts on this whole thing "NOT" being a scam but really a mismanaged project. Still yields the "victim" responses...

face-palm-star-trek.jpg

From Webster: Scam = a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

Did Kevin deceive his buyers by claiming that Predator was licensed in an attempt to receive pre-order money. Yes he did. Did he continue during the course of the project deceive his buyers and suppliers into thinking he had a license for Predator when in fact he did not? Yes he did.

SCAM....End of Story

#5703 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...a few tee shirts?

for the record I paid in full and didn't get any of the extra stuff... not that it matters anymore...

#5704 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Did Kevin deceive his buyers by claiming that Predator was licensed in an attempt to receive pre-order money. Yes he did. Did he continue during the course of the project deceive his buyers and suppliers into thinking he had a license for Predator when in fact he did not? Yes he did.
SCAM....End of Story

Right, and Webster continues to say that "A scam is a a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people".

How did Kevin make money if he's refunding everyone?

NO SCAM....End of drama.

#5705 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

SCAM....End of Story

So clear.

#5706 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Right, and Webster continues to say that "A scam is a a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people".
NO SCAM....End of drama.

Oh. Who got a refund today?

#5707 9 years ago

Remember this? Seems like ages ago. Wonder if they'll let Kevin finish them in prison??

e14b3cd365657ff1382a72a5bfd1cc2a49cb4f2f.jpge14b3cd365657ff1382a72a5bfd1cc2a49cb4f2f.jpg
#5708 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

159 posts in this thread since I last opened it up at lunch time. Nothing but the same folks bitching back and forth between one another on was it a scam or wasn't it. Blah, blah, blah. I've come to the point of not even reading people's follow-ups because its been the same BS for 10 pages now. Bottom line agree to disagree..... group hug.
I'm simply looking for a post that says "i got my refund!"
Everything else yall are bitching about is point less in this thread anymore until we see refunds are being issued.
P.S. I got the mysterious emails from Greg Wells as well. I didn't post them as I was concerned the information within that email was true or not. I did send them to anyone that asked, as well as my close friends that were on the pre-order.I figured since Martin was working on a story and he is reputable in our hobby it would best to let him annouce the facts in bis story as he had gathered them. That's not to say that I have kept my mouth shut on this. I was one of the first in here that brought my concerns to the table about this project back in the fall of 2014. To some it was eye opening, to others I was considered a hater with no faith in Kevin and the project. That was never the case. I never wanted this to fail, I have several friends that were in on the game and at this point are hopelessly waiting on their refunds.

As quoted: There is not enough money to refund...

#5709 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

for the record I paid in full and didn't get any of the extra stuff... not that it matters anymore...

I just hope you get your refund....

#5710 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Oh. Who got a refund today?

Refund today? Who talked about getting a refund today?

From the lion's mouth:

"The sad truth of the matter is that we are forced to cancel the project and refund the money to everyone regardless if they still want a game or not. The refund process is expected to be swift and completed very soon. You all will start to see those balances reflecting in your accounts in a few short days.

-Kevin"

virtue.jpgvirtue.jpg
#5712 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Refund today? Who talked about getting a refund today?
From the lion's mouth:
"The sad truth of the matter is that we are forced to cancel the project and refund the money to everyone regardless if they still want a game or not. The refund process is expected to be swift and completed very soon. You all will start to see those balances reflecting in your accounts in a few short days.
-Kevin"

virtue.jpg

Oh. I suppose there is every reason to believe him at this point.... He's pretty honest so far.....,

#5713 9 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

It's amazing that of all the people who had these emails, not a single one decided to post. A simple disclaimer allowing me to make my own mind up regarding the validity would've been fine imo.

Even after plenty of evidence that he clearly didn't know WTF he was doing, Kevin still was given well beyond the benefit of the doubt on these forums.

The emails would have been scoffed at, like all rational concern has been the last few years.

It took them, Aaron's accounts and finally Martin's articles for people to take the issues seriously.

I've said this before but even without licensing issues this game would have trickled out at best, and run out of money long before all owners got their games.

#5714 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

NO SCAM....End of drama.

No doubt! Hopefully the court uses the dictionary instead of the law!

#5715 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Oh. I suppose there is every reason to believe him at this point.... He's pretty honest so far.....,

If you believed him enough to put down a $4750 deposit, I guess you have no choice

#5716 9 years ago

You sick basturd!

#5717 9 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

No doubt! Hopefully the court uses the dictionary instead of the law!

Pretty much what will happen if he doesn't refund everyone .

#5718 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

As quoted: There is not enough money to refund...

so whose actually confirmed that ??

#5720 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

NO SCAM....End of drama.

Why I waste my breath, I'll never know....That is NOT what Webster's says:

Full Definition of SCAM (NOUN)

: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>

Full Definition of SCAM (VERB)

1: deceive, defraud
2: to obtain (as money) by a scam

So my goodness, he fits all three> He committed a deceptive act, he deceived and he obtained money through deception. Doesn't matter that he 'may' give some portion of the money back....He obtained money via a SCAM and he SCAMMED pinsiders into sending him money under the pretense of a licensed game.

Was Bernie Madoff a scammer? He was forced to pay restitution once he was caught. So by virtue of some people getting refunds they weren't scammed by Mr. Madoff? C'mon.....

I don't know how much clearer I can make it...So I won't.

#5721 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Full Definition of SCAM (NOUN)
: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation <an insurance scam>
Full Definition of SCAM (VERB)
1: deceive, defraud
2: to obtain (as money) by a scam
So my goodness, he fits all three> He committed a deceptive act, he deceived and he obtained money through deception. Doesn't matter that he 'may' give some portion of the money back....He obtained money via a SCAM and he SCAMMED pinsiders into sending him money under the pretense of a licensed game.
I don't know how much clearer I can make it...So I won't.

The law will totally understand your point of view, regardless of what Nintendo seems to say..

#5722 9 years ago

Holy sh**, I literally pissed my pants

#5723 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Holy sh**, I literally pissed my pants

Lets hope you don't continue sitting at the computer in piss pants. That would be uncomfortable.

#5724 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Right, so now you're going to come up with some conspiracy theory saying that I'm Kevin right? Lol

Yup, I like making things up on my spare time.

scam.pngscam.png
#5725 9 years ago

If you rob a bank but return the money before you are arrested, did you still rob a bank?

#5726 9 years ago

Someone start a new thread if there's any news, I can't take reading this back and forth bickering anymore.

#5727 9 years ago

The fact that some of you are still debating whether this was a scam or not, it shows that some of you are easy to swindle, you would have never seen it coming, no matter how many signs. Even now when it's official that Kevin lied through his teeth, some of you still sound like apologists.

The pinball community reminds me of that future setting in the movie Demolition Man. A criminally minded person who glorifies his behaviour as "punk rock" had a field day with some of you, stand-up for yourselves!

"but he's a nice guy, let him break the law with our money"

And the mods' silly zealotry over naughty words that are just synonyms for sex or feces is also like Demolition Man.

FSCKUzkv5-2_GeZ_GeZXIMYxb7Df9buOU_L9VywBxVLAHaM_wvnuNsvC08Ws1SKpsz6YMZWY5Qo0rkN1MxeVxqKzgTxjSWNjT4sHXGmcOFvm5qnfgsE.jpegFSCKUzkv5-2_GeZ_GeZXIMYxb7Df9buOU_L9VywBxVLAHaM_wvnuNsvC08Ws1SKpsz6YMZWY5Qo0rkN1MxeVxqKzgTxjSWNjT4sHXGmcOFvm5qnfgsE.jpeg

#5728 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Right, so now you're going to come up with some conspiracy theory saying that I'm Kevin right? Lol

No, no, it's not that. Maybe it's just you've never been to court. Webster won't be there.

webster.jpgwebster.jpg
#5729 9 years ago

I'm just not sure what Nintendo hopes to gain by arguing the semantics of the word "scam". It comes off poorly. But hey, it's your rep. Carry on.

#5730 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm just not sure what Nintendo hopes to gain by arguing the semantics of the word "scam". It comes off poorly. But hey, it's your rep. Carry on.

I can see you're definitely a role model on Pinside.

#5731 9 years ago

Wonder how Kev will split these up amongst all his Predator victims?

http://www.skitbpinball.com/#!store/c1cfx

#5732 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Even after plenty of evidence that he clearly didn't know WTF he was doing, Kevin still was given well beyond the benefit of the doubt on these forums.
The emails would have been scoffed at, like all rational concern has been the last few years.
It took them, Aaron's accounts and finally Martin's articles for people to take the issues seriously.
I've said this before but even without licensing issues this game would have trickled out at best, and run out of money long before all owners got their games.

I would have liked to read them to decide for myself if I wanted to "scoff" at them or not. I was not afforded that right and now I sit with no refund and 3 years waiting for this turd to come to a conclusion.

#5733 9 years ago

Ordered 1 with Paypal (funded by Amex) If my wife can drop $60 on t-shirts for a crummy B-52s concert, I feel entitled ......

Thanks Matt!

#5734 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ya, I really don't understand what he has to gain from this senseless bickering. Kevin shit the bed and hopefully everyone gets their money back.

#5735 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I think those will be very popular at the Wicca conventions

#5736 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why I waste my breath, I'll never know....

because i needed a break from beating my head up against the wall, so you took over and bloodied your forehead for awhile...

#5737 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Someone start a new thread if there's any news, I can't take reading this back and forth bickering anymore.

I'm confused why there is still bickering going on.. I mean.. the facts have been revealed, right?

#5738 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

scam.png (Click image to enlarge)

And by your definition how do you know if Kevin made any money off this scam? Youre saying he didn't scam any money because he/kevin is refunding people by his own words in a few days. I asked for a refund about 6 weeks ago. Still no money. Still no proof of all funds accounted for, just hollow statements by Kevin.

The guy absolutely deceived me, and as long as he is sitting on my money he scammed me. Was that his original intention? Imo no, but it is what happened. A court of law will prove that if it happens to go that route.

#5739 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't read it then.

#5740 9 years ago

The OP should add a poll here. Of the folks who have money tied up in this how many are interested in pursuing legal action if 100% of their money is not refunded?

OR, a poll for what percentage of funds people think will be refunded of what is left? 50-60%? 60%-70%?

Because I'm just waiting for the first "refund" to gauge just how truly bad this is.

#5741 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

I hope he sells them all to recoup money invested in those.

#5742 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

The OP should add a poll here. Of the folks who have money tied up in this ... how many are interested in pursuing legal action if 100% of their money is not refunded?
OR ...a poll for what percentage of funds people think will be refunded of what is left? 50-60%? 60%-70%?
Because I'm just waiting for the first "refund" to gauge just how truly bad this is.

I think he is having trouble with paypal releasing funds since im sure paypal has been bombarded with claims in the last 48 hours.

#5743 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm confused why there is still bickering going on.. I mean.. the facts have been revealed, right?

It's an elaborate diversion to allow Kevin more time to get out of town.

#5744 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

It's an elaborate diversion to allow Kevin more time to get out of town.

Oh! Well, okay then!

#5745 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I think he is having trouble with paypal releasing funds since im sure paypal has been bombarded with claims in the last 48 hours.

That may very well be true but I still do not believe there is any way that 100% of the people with money in this will get a 100% refund. No way. So then what happens? What percentage do you think folks will get? Will there be legal action? Nothing?

#5746 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think some people are confused. Infringing a patent or other IPR is not a crime

This was posted an eternity ago, so I'm thinking others have corrected you by now, but if not, http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#506 Yes, you can go to PMITAFP for copying stuff illegally.

#5747 9 years ago

Kevin needs to do the right thing and pull that hat down over his face, cut 2 eyeholes in it and go get everyone there money back

#5748 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I don't want to argue with WhySnow or anyone else anymore. This thread has brought out so much venom... and hate.

That dude pretty much disappeared from this thread. No one's arguing with him here anymore, so why bring it back up?

#5749 9 years ago

Does no one who got in on this not live near this Kevin? If he lived here in Kentucky I would drive to his house and knock on his door and demand he give me the EXACT time frame of refunding and how much money is left in whatever account. Short of him calling the police, I would stay there making my demands. I'm not talking vigilante justice, I just mean calling on him and have him show me where the money is and get a grasp of how much is left. I would hound the SOB to death if he lived close to me here! So no one in on this lives in Minnesota, or where ever the hell he lives?

#5750 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Does no one who got in on this not live near this Kevin? If he lived here in Kentucky I would drive to his house and knock on his door and demand he give me the EXACT time frame of refunding and how much money is left in whatever account. Short of him calling the police, I would stay there making my demands. I'm not talking vigilante justice, I just mean calling on him and have him show me where the money is and get a grasp of how much is left. I would hound the SOB to death if he lived close to me here! So no one in on this lives in Minnesota, or where ever the hell he lives?

Plenty of us pinheads live in Michigan. But showing up at his front door (or suggesting anyone should) is not a good idea. He does have a wife and young kids. Showing up in a threatening manner is not an answer. Allow Kevin to refund what he can and then consider using the legal avenues available to recoup the rest of your money (IF you have money involved in this.)

This has hurt everyone who loves and supports pinball. It's a sad chapter in the rebirth of pinball. But let's not get carried away here. He is human. Maybe he made some terrible decisions but I'm confident he is suffering right now from the extreme stress and reality of his decisions.

Although, I really wish he had the guts to just admit that he knew what he was doing was deceptive and illegal. To pretend he was just confused or there was a miscommunication on the limits of the "license" (that never existed) is very insulting to everyone. That part is as infuriating as how the project itself has been managed.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.