Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 366.
#501 4 years ago

Just goes to show you, you can whistle Dixie out of your ass and make people in la la land happy!

I really think you guys should pitch in another 1k each for poor Kevin and the extra time it's taking him and for all the abuse he's suffered!

You all should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of him

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Where do I send money to get in on "Experts of Dangerous"? That way I will be allowed to complain publicly when I don't receive any information on the progress of my game.

It's never been a requirement to buy before criticizing. Go ahead and tell us what bugs you about Experts?

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Go ahead and tell us what bugs you about Experts?

Or not

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Yeah Skit-B responded in the other thread. Congrats everybody, you can finally relax.

What other thread?

#508 4 years ago

He typed P R E D A T O R ... What's next oh great conspiracy theorists?

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

He typed P R E D A T O R ... What's next oh great conspiracy theorists?

Rommy are you really that blind?
First of all, I would say that the reply/update is great news for buyers and it should come as a surprise to no one that the games may take longer than originally scheduled. Welcome to pinball.
Secondly, despite only 1 pic and a bunch of words, I for one would take great comfort, fully expecting that games will be produced and received eventually.
That's the important take-away of course.

That being said, there's NOTHING in any of my previous posts that has been dispelled or proven inaccurate by this email. The only time he said Predator was as a reply, and was a 1 word answer only.

Do you not admit that the fact he never refers to the pin by name is UNIQUE? JJP uses the names, Stern uses the names... I think you get the point.

Once again, SOMETHING weird is going on behind the scenes, but fortunately, it does not appear to be a roadblock to having the pins produced.

Again, it appears as though all buyers can sleep easy, expecting new updates and their pins eventually.
Congrats to those of you "hanging in there" with money on the line.

#510 4 years ago

My problem is still the lack of info on the website? I just can't figure it out. I actually sent Kevin a PM regarding this and suggested that it would alleviate a lot of concerns. no offense but forget pinside for the most part and post some pics, video's and updates on the website. Why not? I just want the pin so whether he does anything about it or not I'm in.

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yep.

head-in-sand.jpg
#512 4 years ago

^For as much as you post that image BobT, you might have to start paying the photographer royalties

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^For as much as you post that image BobT, you might have to start paying the photographer royalties

Is BobT RobT's twin?

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I did nothing to you to warrant a personal attack or name calling. I get that you like to call names and that makes you look like a fool , but since everyone gets to see it here, I am fine with it.

troll today, saint tomorrow. pick a side.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

What makes you think that I didn't take that picture?

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What makes you think that I didn't take that picture?

Ahhhh, self-timer and a tripod. Clever!

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep.

head-in-sand.jpg 18 KB

Wow. Are you attacking me? Just for wanting a pinball machine? Sheesh, and I thought we were friends...

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

First of all, I would say that the reply/update is great news for buyers and it should come as a surprise to no one that the games may take longer than originally scheduled. Welcome to pinball.
Secondly, despite only 1 pic and a bunch of words, I for one would take great comfort, fully expecting that games will be produced and received eventually.
That's the important take-away of course.
That being said, there's NOTHING in any of my previous posts that has been dispelled or proven inaccurate by this email. The only time he said Predator was as a reply, and was a 1 word answer only.
Do you not admit that the fact he never refers to the pin by name is UNIQUE? JJP uses the names, Stern uses the names... I think you get the point.
Once again, SOMETHING weird is going on behind the scenes, but fortunately, it does not appear to be a roadblock to having the pins produced.
Again, it appears as though all buyers can sleep easy, expecting new updates and their pins eventually.
Congrats to those of you "hanging in there" with money on the line.

Was not talking about you. But...if you want to speculate and theorize ... Join RobT with his head in the sand! That pic is a great representative of the Predator haters club! You and Rob can be charter members! Hell, I bet y'all can be the head honchos! Go go PHC!

#519 4 years ago

Holy shit, NO ONE hates Predator. People want nothing but success for Skit B and hope every owner gets their game in a timely manner. This is not about the game, it is about how a company had seemingly abandoned their customers with no communication under odd circumstances.
Speculation was bred on the silence Skit B was unwilling to break and nothing more.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Holy shit, NO ONE hates Predator. People want nothing but success for Skit B and hope every owner gets their game in a timely manner. This is not about the game, it is about how a company had seemingly abandoned their customers with no communication under odd circumstances.
Speculation was bred on the silence Skit B was unwilling to break and nothing more.

I would agree, no one wants the game to fail or skitb to fail, but their business practices are being called out.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

To be more accurate, the speculation was bred on fear mongering people that like to jump to the worst case conclusion at all times and feed off drama while trying to create a story.

This copulation was merely allowed to go on due to the silence from SkitB. Now it is like a parent walked into the room and you are all quiet while trying to hide what you were doing

Better off to spend your time wanking else where.

p.s. don't take yourself so serious

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This copulation was merely allowed to go on due to the silence from SkitB. Now it is like a parent walked into the room and you are all quiet while trying to hide what you were doing

Like a "parent" walked into the room, gotta be kidding me. Like a kid walked in that has no business managing a million dollars of other people's money. It's a good thing that he DOESN'T post based on those responses, he's right, stick to making the pins and ignore everything else, he's not helping his cause blaming Pinside and everybody else for "pinball making being hard", which he seems to have just figured out, after 3 yrs and deposits collected, because the TIMELINE certainly changed several times this year.

That's why I said you need to help him Hilton, beyond the keyboard pounding rhetoric. Form a owners group to help manage him.

No one wants any game to fail, so you better jump in there and actually do something constructive.

Ps. Nobody should take themselves so seriously

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Wow. Are you attacking me? Just for wanting a pinball machine? Sheesh, and I thought we were friends...

Attacking you? By posting a funny picture? It was just a joke Rommy. It's all good.

#524 4 years ago

I applaud loudly Kev posting a message on pinside per our comments in here about the "silence is deafening". He even apologized on a public forum admitting to mistakes made and lessons learned. While admittedly very very late, I'm glad he did it. He listened. Aaron thank you - as I'm sure you gave him sound advice to post. We shouldn't condemn him on his post - he listened guys. We wanted to hear from him and he addressed the community. Is it everything everyone wanted to hear - no, of course not. But glad to see he's re-engaging and shared some reasons why - which we may not agree with - but non-owners don't have to.

What is key is if he follows through for owners and delivers on the bi-weekly email he promised months ago and now yet again. For owners sake, I sincerely hope he follows through on this. That will make it exciting for owners, re-engage them, and help address some questions they may have. For the rest of us non-owners (as I just recently exited) we get whatever crumbs he decides to throw to the community - hopefully major milestone announcements so we can applaud his contribution to pinball.

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't no win scenario. But, he did bring much of this on himself. Still, he's reaching back out from the abyss. Great news for owners, I sincerely hope it continues. If Kev was reading this - from a former pre-order owner - make the bi-weekly owner email a priority with a cup of coffee in the morning. You'll never make everyone happy but try to make some who invested in you happy. Jack even said for all the mess (self-imposed and not) with WoZ, the thing that helped keep his drive were the complimentary comments from kids, charity events, shows, or one off emails from owners who loved the game and shared their unique stories. You only have these if you engage with customers.

250 is a lot of games to build and those piles of parts looked daunting. Only last advice to Kev, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. One day at a time. Start cranking. I want Hilton to have his game by Xmas. Cheers.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like a "parent" walked into the room, gotta be kidding me. Like a kid walked in that has no business managing a million dollars of other people's money. It's a good thing that he DOESN'T post based on those responses, he's right, stick to making the pins and ignore everything else, he's not helping his cause blaming Pinside and everybody else for "pinball making being hard", which he seems to have just figured out, after 3 yrs and deposits collected, because the TIMELINE certainly changed several times this year.
That's why I said you need to help him Hilton, beyond the keyboard pounding rhetoric. Form a owners group to help manage him.
No one wants any game to fail, so you better jump in there and actually do something constructive.
Ps. Nobody should take themselves so seriously

He may or may not have any business managing other peoples money, time will tell. But, we encouraged him to take our money because we wanted a Predator machine and liked what we saw. We willingly invested in his vision even though he was just "Some Kid In The Basement".

I think those who hold Kevin to the fire for being way off on his timelines might as well hold themselves to the fire for expecting him to meet them. Both his timelines and their expectations come from a lack of experience.

I've mostly been impressed with Kevin's responses over the years and believe he is sincerely doing his best. He needs our encouragement, support and patience, not our doubt, insinuation and negative speculation.

I suspect it's very demoralizing to have people suggesting you're a con man and a liar if you are just working hard and honestly doing your best to overcome obstacles.

#526 4 years ago

man...
this would be great entertainment to set up a bunch of chairs (at like the Tex Pin Fest) in one of the halls, and put like 8-10 people up there, a moderator/facilitator to ask provocative questions about Predator and let the show begin. ...and of course, tell the people up there to be extreme, controversial, paranoid, fearful, supportive, argumentative, passionate, etc...

i'd pay to watch that show

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

man...
this would be great entertainment to set up a bunch of chairs (at like the Tex Pin Fest) in one of the halls, and put like 8-10 people up there, a moderator/facilitator to ask provocative questions about Predator and let the show begin. ...and of course, tell the people up there to be extreme, controversial, paranoid, fearful, supportive, argumentative, passionate, etc...

No need, watch it here 24/7.

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

man...

A lot of these posters wouldn't be as ballsy in person as they are online. They may not even be doing it consciously when they post.

#529 4 years ago

i bet we could pool a collection of dollars from the audience and pay them out to the panel at the end for like scoring $1 per zinger.
we'd need a score keeper
then present the scores at the end of the panel. think everyone would get a great laugh.

little motivation for them to be more extraverted in public than normal

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

man...
this would be great entertainment to set up a bunch of chairs (at like the Tex Pin Fest) in one of the halls, and put like 8-10 people up there, a moderator/facilitator to ask provocative questions about "THE MACHINE" and let the show begin. ...and of course, tell the people up there to be extreme, controversial, paranoid, fearful, supportive, argumentative, passionate, etc...

Fixed it for you.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A lot of these posters wouldn't be as ballsy in person as they are online.

Having met a few pinsiders & moderators in person, I can attest to this.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I suspect it's very demoralizing to have people suggesting you're a con man and a liar if you are just working hard and honestly doing your best to overcome obstacles.

Look, the facts are, in his own words, that it was "mission accomplished" and he was ready to start pumping out pins this past April at the rate of 40 per month. This was 9 months ago.

Then he realized he needed to raise the money and made people pony up by July 28th and said he would get pins out to people "in a few short months".

Then radio silence.

Ok, so shit happens and fast forward to now.

He obviously needs a LOT more help than he currently has and maybe some of you guys ought to pitch in. I'm not calling him a con man, I think he is in way over his head, that's all. Be honest with yourself, there is no shame in asking for help and admitting the truth, which I guess is partly what he did.

The whole timeline proclamations and collection of deposits looks "sketchy" to me but whatever, same stuff happens with Jpop and Jack, so its par for the course.

I hope it becomes a "business", where "money doesn't suck", and he treats it as such, for his own sake primarily.

So good luck to you guys, if I was nearby I'd put an offer in to help out if I was in on it.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

A lot of these posters wouldn't be as ballsy in person as they are online. They may not even be doing it consciously when they post.

I'd happily do it, Jpop too, Jack as well, if they would be willing to let me depose them!

I really don't think there is anything "ballsy" about it, here are the questions, what are the answers, then follow up on the answers. What's the problem? Part of the problem is too many people are afraid to ask the questions in fear of hurting somebody's feelings. No need to be a dick about it but just a simple Q & A.

Getting to the bottom of the issues, like with Jpop, can help provide solutions to what is going on. In his case, management/financial help. He took the criticism and is getting some help. Mind you, after 3 years of kissing ass and cheerleading!

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Look, the facts are, in his own words, that it was "mission accomplished" and he was ready to start pumping out pins this past April at the rate of 40 per month. This was 9 months ago.

Then he realized he needed to raise the money and made people pony up by July 28th and said he would get pins out to people "in a few short months".

All true and didn't he also estimate that games would take about 6 months to be ready for production when he first announced the games would be sold? How long ago was that, 3 years? So why expect the latest timelines to be accurate when there are bound to be unforeseen hurdles in production?

Problem with a timeline is that you can't factor in the correct time allotment for the things you don't know. There is also a tendency for optimists to grossly underestimate the time required for the things they do know.

I expect missed timelines to be par for the course when producing something as complex as a pinball machine for the first time.

I'm satisfied if Kevin is working hard to produce a quality game that meets his vision, even if every timeline continues to be missed.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Getting to the bottom of the issues, like with Jpop, can help provide solutions to what is going on. In his case, management/financial help. He took the criticism and is getting some help. Mind you, after 3 years of kissing ass and cheerleading!

I guess we all play our parts.

The cheerleaders keep SkitB's spirits up with encouragement and support and are most likely the reason they decided to manufacture the game.

Others kick them in the rear and hold them accountable. Edit: This motivates some people but it may demotivate instead.

#536 4 years ago

so you are saying that combined... we are the equivalent to the reach around?

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I guess we all play our parts.
The cheerleaders keep SkitB's spirits up with encouragement and support and are most likely the reason they decided to manufacture the game.
Others kick them in the rear and hold them accountable. Edit: This motivates some people but it may demotivate instead.

Very Well said. You got it! When I look back at the role I played on Woz for 3 years as the primary myopic kool aid drinker, and saying a lot of the same things supporters say to the questioning folks here, I've learned to keep an open mind about things.

I'm sure some might remember a few epic drunken state rants

It's all good, at the end of the day, we are all on the same side and I wish nothing but the best for Pinsiders.

Good luck to everybody, especially Kevin!

#538 4 years ago

Well, he can work on building games or he can hang out on the computer all day answering stupid questions and apologizing while everything comes to a standstill.

Which option does everyone prefer?

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Well, he can work on building games or he can hang out on the computer all day answering stupid questions and apologizing while everything comes to a standstill.

I don't get the either/or argument. They've got a facebook account, they can't post something once a week taking 2 minutes?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't get the either/or argument. They've got a facebook account, they can't post something once a week taking 2 minutes?

It's even simpler than that. The company removed all signs of the game. I think that's what sparked the torches and pitchforks. I believe everyone who knows anything about pinball understands that timing never goes according to plan.

#541 4 years ago

Clearly a false choice that you fabricated there.

#542 4 years ago

He sent an email awhile back which led us to believe he finally has someone TO answer these questions. Yet they are still not being answered.

Again. Zero excuse on that. I am sure the games are coming out "eventually" like with anything else. Heck a website with a blog on minimal progress would keep people from complaining. It's 2014 here and the excuses people have on here for why he is not communicating you would think it's 1955.

#543 4 years ago

The amount of hate that comes from some is astounding to me.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The amount of hate that comes from some is astounding to me.

No one is "hating" Skit-B. We just think they could have handheld things about 80% better than they have.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No one is "hating" Skit-B. We just think they could have handheld things about 80% better than they have.

^^^^^^^^^^^

#546 4 years ago

I want all to know that Skit B or Kevin did refund the amount my friend requested a few weeks ago due to her backing out of the project. I mentioned earlier in the forum she had not heard anything but the refund did happen so she is a happy person. Thank you Skit B.

#547 4 years ago

oh well, i was hoping to see a complet game, only 2 and a half weeks before x-mas.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I want all to know that Skit B or Kevin did refund the amount my friend requested a few weeks ago due to her backing out of the project. I mentioned earlier in the forum she had not heard anything but the refund did happen so she is a happy person. Thank you Skit B.

I wouldn't be happy if Kevin will refund my money for Predator but thanks for letting us know that good news.

#549 4 years ago

btw for you Predator owners who like to do mods. Was in Target store this past weekend and saw on a back end cap in the toy department retro predator action figures by Reaction. They are small enough to sprinkle on the play field in key locations. Have Predator with mask, without and cloaked. I'm not big on just adding action figures but for those who are - you're welcome for the tip.

predator-funko-3-75-inch-reaction-figure-predator-open-mouth-pre-order-ships-september-29.jpg

#550 4 years ago

Looks EXACTLY like the one on the card....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 64.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
RPGCor
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 30.00
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside