Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 366.
#5401 4 years ago

Again guys, this is no one else's fault but Kevin. Stop trying to blame others, I understand it's a shit deal and you want some action, but blaming the messenger or the paper they wrote on is silly don't you think?

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Again guys, this is no one else's fault but Kevin. Stop trying to blame others, I understand its a short deal and you want some action, but blaming the messenger or the paper they wrote on is silly don't you think?

Did you really read what I said? I'm not blaming them. I'm saying "learn from this".

This is mostly Kevin's fault. I think any consumer in this day and age who chooses to say "well, I'm just going to trust him", bears at least a little responsibility as well. At least when it comes to sending thousands to a guy with no proven track record of producing anything.

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Maybe thats why he felt a kindred spirit with VirtuaPin supplying the cabinets?

So now virtual pinball machines that run visual pinball are bad as well? give me a fawking break.

#5404 4 years ago

Hopefully the law firm of "Dewey Screwem and Howe" can take my case ?

#5405 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Did you really read what I said? I'm not blaming them. I'm saying "learn from this".

If that's what you meant, I'd rephrase your reply. It's not mostly Kevin's fault it's all his fault, 100%.

#5406 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So now virtual pinball machines that run visual pinball are bad as well? give me a fawking break.

Paul came in here pretty cocksure that he had verified the existence of the license, and that anyone who knew him would know he would NEVER work on a project that wasn't licensed.

Except that he didn't verify the license, and he did work on an unlicensed project.

Paul isn't a bad guy, but his personal and professional assurance that the license was valid is one of the reasons people continued to stay in well past the point where they should have bailed.

Understanding this doesn't assume any facts not already in evidence.

#5407 4 years ago

If that's what you meant, I'd rephrase your reply.

Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't blame Pinside

I'm not sure how to make this any clearer?

#5408 4 years ago

His job

Quoted from tamoore:Paul came in here pretty cocksure that he had verified the existence of the license, and that anyone who knew him would know he would NEVER work on a project that wasn't licensed.
Except that he didn't verify the license, and he did work on an unlicensed project.
Paul isn't a bad guy, but his personal and professional assurance that the license was valid is one of the reasons people continued to stay in well past the point where they should have bailed.
Understanding this doesn't assume any facts not already in evidence.

His job is to make cabinets. If someone wants a cabinet for a project, he makes it, plain and simple. It's not his job to go around and background check every customer he has. Paul really has nothing to do with this shitfest.

#5409 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

His job

His job is to make cabinets. If someone wants a cabinet for a project, he makes it, plain and simple. It's not his job to go around and background check every customer he has. Paul really has nothing to do with this shitfest.

You continue to be as obtuse as possible.

He interjected himself into the damned issue when he came here and proclaimed loudly and professionally that he had seen the license, and he wouldn't be involved in any project that wasn't fully licensed.

He would have been way more helpful if he would have understood that his job was just to make cabinets and had not come here to do damage control for Kevin - with incorrect information.

His involvement in this certainly gave cover to Kevin to further engage in his fraud. It is irrelevant whether or not you understand this.

#5410 4 years ago

So, no one has had any refund from Kevin?

Anyone? anyone at all?

#5411 4 years ago

I did not see the post where Paul said he seen the license. I only saw where he said he had no reason to believe he didn't have a license. thats' all I saw.

But if you only make cabinets and put stickers on them, I don't think you have to worry about licensing anyway, unless the actual physical cabinet you're building is somehow copywritten.

#5412 4 years ago

They print the decals there too. (Illegal)

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did not see the post where Paul said he seen the license. I only saw where he said he had no reason to believe he didn't have a license. thats' all I saw.
But if you only make cabinets and put stickers on them, I don't think you have to worry about licensing anyway, unless the actual physical cabinet you're building is somehow copywritten.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#5414 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

He interjected himself into the damned issue when he came here and proclaimed loudly and professionally that he had seen the license, and he wouldn't be involved in any project that wasn't fully licensed.
He would have been way more helpful if he would have understood that his job was just to make cabinets and had not come here to do damage control for Kevin - with incorrect information.
His involvement in this certainly gave cover to Kevin to further engage in his fraud. It is irrelevant whether or not you understand this.

Maybe he saw Kevin's driver's license, instead of the Predator license.

#5415 4 years ago

It's a shame because I had hoped to use them to print a set of one-off bootleg decals

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

bingo... there's no grey area here... the posts from the person in question left no grey area... they were clear definitive statements...

i still can't wrap my head around the fact that not one "vendor person" actually saw an agreement, yet still made "stuff" for kevin...

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You're wasting your time on neo. Just let him flap his lips.

#5418 4 years ago

Neo,
"Speculation can now rest."

As a supplier to Skit-B, many trusted this endorsement. Sorry, Paul, you done goofed up.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

I talked with Kevin through the 'approval' process, and everything he said was very credible. Right down to submitting the new art, after changes, for approval.
I'm obviously not the only one that's been duped here. I stated I would not work on an unlicensed product, and I stand by that. I was 100% convinced this thing was licensed.

#5419 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

His involvement in this certainly gave cover to Kevin to further engage in his fraud.

I agree 100% with your assessment of the impact that his showing up in this thread had (and same goes for FAST). But he did not explicitly say he saw the license - he said he wouldn't do business with an unlicensed product. Of course many (reasonably) inferred from his post that he had seen the license, and the end effect of his confident statements was the same - reassured buyers and shut down discussion re: Kevin's odd behavior. I just think it's important to carefully describe his posts given the high stakes here.

#5420 4 years ago

I did not see those posts. Even tho the cabinets themselves are not under copywrite, nor is the act of applying stickers. Actually printing the stickers is another thing.

Hell, I couldn't even get a birthday cake made from the grocery store with art from video games. Even if it was art I physically drew, containing characters that would be under copywrite. That was a frustrating birthday cake.

Since no products went out the door, Paul would be safe from any lawsuits anyway. There were no products that hit the market. The real legal issue at this time, is the money taken as deposits.

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Do you just read one word from posts before reflexively responding?

lol

I responded about kindred spirits because the post above mentioned Kevin got his idea from the "free-wheeling" business of mame cabinets... and thats PRECISELY VirtuaPins business.

BTW, not that facts or logic will blunt your posting, but i actually OWN a virtual pinball machine, that, low and behold, I bought from VirtuaPin!

#5422 4 years ago

the way you worded it, it was sounding like you objected to virtuapin itself as a negative thing. It wasn't one word, that's how I took that statement.

#5423 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I did not see those posts.

Oh, so you didn't actually know the facts?

Don't let ignorance of the topic slow you down though (since it never has before).... keep on truckin' !

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

First of all, while I'm sure many of you feel like you've been lied to and taken advantage of, I can assure you all that no part of this project has been created or carried out with any sort of intent to deceive or defraud anyone.

above quote from kevin's email...

unless some type of miraculous discovery takes place that invalidates all the evidence that exists, this sentence indicates that he is either completely delusional, or he still thinks he can lie...

#5425 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

pubaw-1.png (Click image to enlarge)
Thanks for the advice
But, i didn't loose money on the Predator pin. i wanted one, but it sold out before i could get on the list.
I was not suggesting people chip in to help me get my money back.
I was suggesting ideas to try and help others who could end up getting financially screwed in this situation.
...and was willing to contribute my own time and stuff if possible to help them.
No good deed goes unpunished
ps. your own words seem to help with this.

I have no idea what the point of your post is. It all started with you trying to suggest to others to pay for their potential loss. Way out of line. Now posting this is just trying to argue like others here. You are looking for drama and freebies for others. Way to help out.

#5426 4 years ago

What is this communist Russia. All these posts now flagged by Moderators . What ever happened to free speech . Just a little overboard .

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

bingo... there's no grey area here... the posts from the person in question left no grey area... they were clear definitive statements...
i still can't wrap my head around the fact that not one "vendor person" actually saw an agreement, yet still made "stuff" for kevin...

I think you are casting too wide a net going after all the vendors. There is a big difference between taking someone's word that they had the license (like we all did here when we sent this guy money) and jumping up on a milk crate to assure all the doubters that everything is fine. LOTS of vendors sold goods and services to Skit-B, or entered into business arrangements with them in good faith, only 2 of them put their reputations on the line to promise things they did not know for sure was the truth. I have no ill will towards the first group, and no sympathy at all for the second group. If you want to put your neck on the line for something you haven't verified, you can't bitch when it gets cut off by the truth.

#5428 4 years ago

Let's get back to da hot chix pix plz k thx

#5429 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

As a supplier to Skit-B, many trusted this endorsement. Sorry, Paul, you done goofed up.

I sure did, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I was given every reason to believe it was fully licensed, as was every pre-owner and other vendor.

Kevin even let me stick my neck out there, just to get it cut off knowingly. For that, he will never be forgiven.

I'm just as pissed as every here, as I have a lot to lose over this fiasco, too.

#5430 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

What is this communist Russia. All these posts now flagged by Moderators . What ever happened to free speech . Just a little overboard .

I agree. They were not cussing each other out. Just a simple discussion of disagreeing opinions.

I will say that this thread has gone nuclear so behavior and discussion are highly monitored.
The mods are doing a good job of encouraging behavior so the nuclear thread doesn't go boom.

#5431 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I sure did, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I was given every reason to believe it was fully licensed, as was every pre-owner and other vendor.
Kevin even let me stick my neck out there, just to get it cut off knowingly. For that, he will never be forgiven.
I'm just as pissed as every here, as I have a lot to lose over this fiasco, too.

Thanks for showing up here to discuss things.

#5432 4 years ago

It's not mostly Kevin's fault it's all his fault, 100%.

You are standing in front of a large, deep pool of water. You don't know how to swim. A person you don't know tells you to jump in. You'll be fine they say. You jump in and after a few minutes drown. Who's fault is it?

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

"For those of you interested, there will be a follow-up article posted on Pinball News with the real story in a handful of days, so please keep your eyes open for that, as well.
Signing off,
-Kevin"

What the hell? This just shows you that Kevin really didn't have any business sense. Why you ask?

Because if I was Kevin, I'd put together a limited edition gold release book of the "Real Skit-B Predator Story" and sell them each for $14.99 limited to 2500 copies instead of giving it to PinballNews for free! 1st 500 copies are signed by Kevin and Aaron + you get two exclusive official Skit-B koozies with your purchase.

$14.99 x 2500 = $37, 475.

He can at least take that money and start paying you guys back

beer.PNG

#5434 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You are standing in front of a large, deep pool of water. You don't know how to swim. A person you don't know tells you to jump in. You'll be fine they say. You jump in and after a few minutes drown. Who's fault is it?

Yours...for not learning how to swim...

#5435 4 years ago

Tell me thats not a good idea!

#5436 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Oh man, you do not even want to know. Look at her public facebook page. She attends events with other "witches" in full dress and what not. God forbid you should ever say something religious around her because basically she (or Kevin for that matter) will try to talk well over your head with the history of religion and it all being BS. She is pagan (obviously) and to her it's the only "religion" that makes sense.

So it's like a every other religion then?

#5437 4 years ago

Predator MODS!

Anyone need a Neca Playfield Skull Set?

Too soon? Too Late?

pred.JPG
#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Tell me thats not a good idea!

He will probably at some point make out like a bandit selling the movie rights.

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Man, at this point he's gotta think of business ideas to try and get out of the hole. He screwed up his first business venture, who knows, maybe he second one will be a hit? A movie could be in the works with Fox!

#5440 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

...like all those OTHER blockbuster pinball movies...

#5441 4 years ago

What would be the name of his movie?

#5442 4 years ago

Skit-B Movie

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...like all those OTHER blockbuster pinball movies...

Far feebler stories have been sold. This story isn't even over. Hell, the movie doesn't even have to get made.

#5444 4 years ago

I fixed it for ya Ted.
Shit-B Movie.

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

What would be the name of his movie?

Tilt! The Battle to Save Pinball II: The botique years. There will be a scene where we try to blame Kevin's ISP for taking part in this, right after we yell at someone from the electric company for providing electricity for fraud.

Then we yell at the ISP and electric company for not informing us sooner. Damned if you don't, damned if you do!

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

I have no idea what the point of your post is. It all started with you trying to suggest to others to pay for their potential loss. Way out of line. Now posting this is just trying to argue like others here. You are looking for drama and freebies for others. Way to help out.

whatever.
if you had no idea what i was posting about, then get off your (incorrect) high-horse, dad !
an apology would have been the correct answer.

again... No good deed goes unpunished.

i think this sums you up...

yell-at-cloud-1.png

#5447 4 years ago

Calm Down! Calm Down!

Today we're announcing Predator as our next table. This game will be available in Pro, Premium, LE, and "The Pin" versions.

No pre-orders. Contact you local distributor.

images.jpg
#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Please list "every reason."

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I fixed it for ya Ted.
Shit-B Movie.

I dunno...I keep thinking and "The Shadow" seems to be an appropriate title for the movie...

shadowbg pinball.jpg

#5450 4 years ago

Don't forget to get the rights from FOX before making the movie. Or if it was made under the FOX label do you "assume" you automatically have the rights?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Haus
$ 25.50
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
€ 279.00
Displays
PINBALLSP
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside