Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 366.
#5251 4 years ago

Kevin is going to end up being charged criminally with this. As an example I will relate this factual event:
Less than 20 years ago we had a councilman for the city of Sterling Heights, Mi who worked in a manufacturing facility as his day job. He made a bunch of keychains with Detroit Red Wings logos on the side at work and sold them to friends. There was not a lot of money involved, and everyone got their product. He might have been trying to work up to a larger scale of distribution when he got found out but we do not know that as fact. Well, he got charged with a felony. He lost his job at the shop, and got kicked off of the city council. He ended up taking a plea to a misdemeanor with a lot of probation involved to stay out of jail. The "criminal intent" required to charge him with the felony was simply the fact that he did NOT have a license and knew it, but took people's money for the product.

Kevin is WAY past this stage. His simple denial via electronic media of not having his licensing when confronted about it is enough proof of "intent" for a criminal charge of fraud. He has violations for interstate financial transactions for the purpose of committing fraud. And there are a whole slew of other criminal charges that would result from using an electronic device, computer etc for the purpose of committing fraud. And of course....we do have victims. Even if everyone were to get their cash back tomorrow he is screwed.

If indeed he does not have licensing there is nothing he can do at this point to avoid a criminal charge unless he can convince Fox to not make a complaint, and give everyone back their funds. Otherwise the only way to guarantee he will not be charged with a criminal offense is if he produces evidence that he has licensing and Fox agrees that they finally found it in their records.

This will be a long process of investigation for the authorities. They will want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row before they proceed with authorizing criminal warrants. I feel sorry for all of you who got sucked into this and its going to be a long ride before its over.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Ok, so I get that. Again, that doesn't mean he wasn't going to produce the games and ship.
He would obviously be sued by Fox at that point, but still not a scam perse to the end user.
We haven't ruled out that Kevin is literally that dumb/ignorant to ignore and continue to produce lol/
I get what you are saying, and do agree to a point, but Im just saying maybe he really did have the anticipation of thinking Fox would simply let this go? Obviously an ignorant stance of his if he took that, but not unlikely.

you still don't understand... scamming fox IS scamming the end user... he took money for something he had no right to produce...

whether or not he thought fox would "simply let it go" does not make it any less of a scam... news flash: even if fox hadn't caught on, and by some miracle everyone got a machine, it would not make it any less of a scam... it would merely mean he got away with it...

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

And what if they went public but Kevin got a license in the end and then fox and kevin went after anonymous for costing them sales? What if Kevin did a runner and Fox went after anonymous?

How in any way, shape or form could Fox or Kevin go after someone simply because they chose to enlighten the community about what was really going on. They were under no obligation to stay silent, even if Fox asked them to.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

There's so much wrong with this entire shit thread. Why aren't you all ringing his phone off the hook to get an answer? The forum approach and the email approach everyone has been attempting isn't even worth a try, so why even bother. I really want a Predator pin, but it's looking more and more like it ain't gonna happen.
I'm going to call Kevin tomorrow and ask him what's up. I want straight answers. Is the machine going to be built or not? If so, when? I hope I can at least get a call through.
I'm going to mail him a certified letter, receipt signature required, summarizing the details of our conversation and my expectations. In that letter, if a refund is requested (this of course depends on the outcome of the call or the inability to complete the call), I will insist upon $4,750. Otherwise, legal action will be taken.
After my call to Kevin, should anything other than a Predator pin or a full refund be his response, I'm going to engage an attorney. Now that will at least cost me a several hundred dollars, but that's probably less than what I'd lose on a prorated refund, if any.
Hell, what about a lien on his property? I've been patient, but no more. If this entire project has been a lie based on bad business decisions (or lack of any business decisions), then I want to get my cash back. He can eat his losses since his wounds were self inflicted.
Sorry, Kevin. But your time is up as far as I'm concerned.
We need the best. That's why you're here.

I called Kevin last Friday and left a voicemail message. Didn't hear back from him so this morning I sent a reply to his email from the wee hours of this morning. I told him that I need to get some additional information from him that I would like to have should I find it necessary to start litigation in order to receive my refund. Then I made contact with two attorneys in Michigan to determine my options and costs involved in pursuing this. (I have not received responses from them yet.)
Kevin replied to my email this morning although I was unaware of it.
In response to the pending litigation he replied "I assure you that none of that will be necessary. We are cancelling the project and returning all of the money we received to those who sent it in, including yourself. That being said, I will reach out to you, as you've asked."

I called him again this afternoon and had a good long conversation with him. Life lessons learned here. His partners/vendors have taken a loss and he is by far taking the lion share of the loss. It will take years to recover, but he agreed that refunding everyone in full is to be done and would be less expensive than going the litigation route. Regarding the amount of the refund, he stated that the refunds would be in full.

I specifically questioned if he had an EIN, corporation charter, LLC. No. This is all on his SSN. So, from that we can conclude that recourse could even include property liens against Kevin. So, he has a mess to clean up and it is all on him.

So, next is the certified letter stating that he has 30 days to comply.

Now, about the Mr. X and the secret team. What did they do wrong? They would have either confirmed that the licence was valid or that it did not exist. Either way they accomplished what they set out to do. (LICENCE CONFIRMATION) So, they bailed out and got their money back? I'm bailing out and intend on getting my money back, even if it requires litigation. I personally am grateful that they were helpful in stopping this runaway train from creating more damage than has already been done.

Now, my thoughts about Fox going after him. Did Kevin actually sell any IP property? I don't think so. So, there may not be too much to go after now that he has complied with the C&D. I sure hope they drop it at this point.

Kevin has clearly made a terrible business decision and is liable for compensating everyone for their losses. I won't rule out the legal recourse until 30 days are up. At that point we'll go swinging at it.

In the meantime, Kevin, fund your checking account and start writing checks.

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

I have spoken with various individuals today, and Kevin still contends he has/had a license to produce these machines

But you already knew that because you vetted him, and you've seen it, right...?

You never saw it before you made the cabinets. What was it that convinced you to use FOX's IP on Kevin's behalf without seeing permission on paper then? I bet it was cash.

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

How in any way, shape or form could Fox or Kevin go after someone simply because they chose to enlighten the community about what was really going on. They were under no obligation to stay silent, even if Fox asked them to.

Imagine if they went public, everyone pulled out demanded refunds got out their pitchforks, then Kevin did secure a license and with Fox now in his corner deny they never had a problem, who would be blamed then for the failure of the project? There's a lot of factors involved.

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Just out of curiosity does anyone here work on manufacturing licensed products and do you ask to see 100% proof before working on something every time?

Yes it is common sense to request to see the license. What normally happens is a copy is made. Then sensitive information like price is struck through with a thick black marker. You then make a copy of the copy so no bleed through can be detected. Many times this copy is just given away for you to keep as you manufacture others I. P.

Oh yeah, you always check the date and the duration to make sure you are not potentially outside of them. In other words whatever contract you enter into make sure it is not outside the terms of the I.P. contract.

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I specifically questioned if he had an EIN, corporation charter, LLC. No. This is all on his SSN.

Just thinking about his tax situation alone operating like that makes me want to cry. Talk about a babe in the woods.

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

I specifically questioned if he had an EIN, corporation charter, LLC. No. This is all on his SSN.

ouch. what a mess.

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Lol can't wait. Fox is one of the worst companies in the TV world of all time. He can thumbs that down too while watching Fox news

Rarehero works in Hollywood and you pegged him as watching fox news?? Did you also guess Hannibal Lecter was a vegetarian??

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It seems a few people have gotten a "temporary funds will be put back into your account" comment...

That's standard procedure. It's called a conditional credit, and most CC companies issue it to you immediately when you file the dispute. If the dispute is found in your favor, that's the end of it. You have already been instantly refunded when you filed the dispute, and when they find in your favor it's case closed.

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Didn't it also say they were specifically told by the lawyer not to say anything? Sure they could have said, they didn't sign an NDA, but at the same time I don't think it's a simple thing to place blame on them when it was Kevin who chose to take money knowing full well he was being taken down by Fox at the same time.

But they could say something to PBN and others they sent emails to? The logic fails. The lawyer asked as a courtesy not to say anything. So a lawyer from Fox got a bigger courtesy than the community at large.

Kevin gets full blame on this one - agreed. But anonymous, while I'm very thankful they found out this info, communicated it poorly. Again, just like Lebron James and "The Decision".

#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So what about us paid in full 4750 and used our bank with paypal? Guess we are at the mercy of kevin?

Unfortunately, yes that is more likely :/ You have much less protections as a buyer when paying through a bank account than with a credit card. That's the unfortunate truth, and also why almost 100% of my purchases are on credit cards.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Imagine if they went public, everyone pulled out demanded refunds got out their pitchforks, then Kevin did secure a license and with Fox now in his corner deny they never had a problem, who would be blamed then for the failure of the project? There's a lot of factors involved.

Sure, there were many possible outcomes at that point, but one fact was indisputable ... Kevin built his company on a lie. Once this lie was exposed, I would argue that everyone who was in on the game had a right to know. Don't keep that information a secret. Share it with the community and let the chips fall where they may.

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

lol...please don't waste your money...

But it looks like senseless T&A, which i'm all for. Plus netflix doesn't cost me any money. Just a choice in the mail.

#5266 4 years ago

I'm still blown away. It would make sense the license expired or some other legalese; getting approval and they were trying to get an extension or whatever ironed out.. but... never was a license.. unbelievable. I guess I had rose colored glasses on the whole thing, blinded by the sweet theme.

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just thinking about his tax situation alone operating like that makes me want to cry. Talk about a babe in the woods.

Quoted from frolic:

ouch. what a mess.

yea, that can't be pretty...

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Rarehero works in Hollywood and you pegged him as watching fox news?? Did you also guess Hannibal Lecter was a vegetarian??

I work in milwaukee, but that doesn't mean I know how beer is made.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I work in milwaukee, but that doesn't mean I know how beer is made.

Well you would be the one.

And I don't believe you Laverne

#5270 4 years ago

So the guy lied the whole time about everything, and now people are going to take his word that he'll be paying each of you back in full. If you believe that, I'll sell you my spot in the Predator payback line for $50. In the spirit of the Predator pin thread, I don't actually have a spot, but hey apparently there was never a pin that was going to be made either.

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

now I have to go to netflix and see if this exists. Thanks for that.

This is all I could find for you guys

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

heckled Whysnow in many of the notes gloating

I doubt that very much.

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

4 red flags were ignored period. All 4 red flags were brought up here and never did a civil conversation result...never. People fell in love with the pin and the concept. I can see why, it was appealing. I was even in until 18 months ago. Red flags are red flags.
1) Was here almost every day when it was funding time. After piggy bank was full, bye bye.
2) ALL Predator information, videos and references removed from web site, you tube and emails.
3) Delay after delay. Touting a second pin while delaying and stealth silence for 1st pin.
4) Promised manufacturing building never executed. 2 years in the making to lease, then did not.
Red flags. Hopefully if this ever happens again...people can discuss it in a civil manner.
1)

I think price has to be in there too. When Spooky came out with their pricing, it should have been a red flag. How was Skit-B producing a licensed table for $1200 less than Spooky?

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from Btrader:

Let's be clear, when a company raises funds from investors for business purposes they have a well vetted prospectus (public offering document), in this document they outline all the risks of their business, plan of action, managers backgrounds, and all material information - so that investors can make INFORMED decisions. Depending on the type of offering, it is registered with the SEC and various states (in the USA, I know laws vary internationally).
Taking a deposit on a pinball machine under FALSE pretenses is not analogous to an investment of risk capital after being properly disclosed.
To compare TESLA to SKIT-B is beyond ludicrous.

Please stop. If you read my post you see that the comparison of Tesla was only to show that a company can solicit funds for a project and then find out it is not enough to actually manufacture. This happened with Tesla. The point of my post and what Neo was saying is that it is possible that Skit b would be in the same situation. The end of my post said that it would not surprise me if people end up having one more decision to make (like Tesla) and that is whether to give more money to Kevin to finish this thing (so he can pay Fox if they are willing to license).

That is exactly what I said so please do not twist it up and call it ludicrous!

#5275 4 years ago

One point that I don't think has been touched on is that Kevin's "I don't really need a license" attitude can be partially traced back to his "I can make 250 pinball machines because I built some MAME cabinets and multicade cocktails" bio as described by pinball news. As we all know, MAME and 60in1 multicades are literally illegal and copyright infringement, and yet get bought and sold all the time by "legit" businesses.

#5276 4 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

I doubt that very much.

If you didn't read my emails link here's how the anonymous group first approached me:

Aurich,

Hilton isn't being entirely genuine in the portrayal of the information he NOW KNOWS FOR SURE, and we can already see he is going to remain a blind cheerleader for Kevin Kulek no matter how this all goes down. Very unfortunate.

Hilton was told the entire story (below) only last week, for the first time. While it's normal to be upset over this information, we are perplexed to see him still cheerleading Predator, while at the same time forming an obvious defensive position of some kind - in Skit-B's corner. Not the hobby's, or the other (soon to be) empty handed customers.

Hilton is already using terminology that the bad guys are a few of us PinSiders who looked into Skit-B's claims many months ago. WE are the bad guys. Sick fucks, allegedly. Because we could see Skit-B was pulling a gigantic million-dollar stunt, was lying his ass off, and purposely hiding the entire Predator project... and there had to be a reason. We were called conspiracists. We were called assholes. We were considered "sick fucks who want to end Skit-B"

Nothing could be farther from the truth. We wanted THE TRUTH. So we went and found it.

Since this story is soon going to be coming out for ALL to know, we started making small steps to plant the initial pre-release seeds of this coming story into the hands of (what we thought) were pillars in the Predator community. Hilton being the first and most obvious one. What we failed to realize is that Hilton was not capable of becoming an adult in this situation that we hoped for, and he has hunkered down in what seems to be a state of delusional denial.

So now we're going to inform YOU. We're going to give you the exact email we sent to Hilton a week ago (below). We will EQUALLY ask that you keep this under your hat for now. There will be plenty of time to debate this once the story is launched completely public.

Just remember, Kevin made his own bed. He decided to run the project the way he did. His absolutely INSANE gamble just didn't work out the way he had planned. Now he's going to face the biggest crash & burn (financially, criminally, and reputationally) that anybody could ever imagine. That's what happens to gamblers, sneaks and liars.

So it's pretty obvious that in their first attempt to talk to Whysnow things went acrimonious from the get go.

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

One point that I don't think has been touched on is that Kevin's "I don't really need a license" attitude can be partially traced back to his "I can make 250 pinball machines because I built some MAME cabinets and multicade cocktails" bio as described by pinball news. As we all know, MAME and 60in1 multicades are literally illegal and copyright infringement, and yet get bought and sold all the time by "legit" businesses.

Maybe thats why he felt a kindred spirit with VirtuaPin supplying the cabinets?

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

So the guy lied the whole time about everything, and now people are going to take his word that he'll be paying each of you back in full. If you believe that, I'll sell you my spot in the Predator payback line for $50. In the spirit of the Predator pin thread, I don't actually have a spot, but hey apparently there was never a pin that was going to be made either.

I do believe "some" folks will see money returned. Unfortunately, there is NO way everyone gets a full refund. I'll donate $50 to Pinside if it happens. Promise. Kevin has clearly spent a LARGE sum of money and I just do not believe he could cover anywhere near the total owed out of his own savings. Sorry. Good luck all involved.

#5279 4 years ago

do paypal transfer fees apply in all this?

#5280 4 years ago

not-in-Kansas.gif

#5281 4 years ago

Okay, forget the possibility that some of the Predator preorder money went toward personal finances. I'm wondering how much went into funding the next project? Good lord, what a mess.

And the people talking about toppers and alternate translites being illegal; that's all true, but they weren't funding their products with other peoples' money obtained on false information.

#5282 4 years ago

No skin in the game, but I'd like to congratulate all the Mr X's out there for putting an end to this.

Any one of you other pre-order guys could have/SHOULD HAVE done whatever needed to be done to confirm that there was a license. I'm not saying that I would have, had I pre-ordered, so don't take this as "How could you be so stupid!?!", but rather: "Some of you have pretty big balls, blaming the people who finally brought this fraudulent train wreck of a project to an end."

Wanna know what it would be like if they hadn't stepped up? Go read any of Kevin's recent posts, tell yourself you're still getting a Predator pinball machine, and sleep well... tonight.

If you're honestly disputing how they handled it, and how long they took to let you all know, why don't you ask yourself: "Why wasn't I involved in proving this outfit to be a fake?"

Well done boys!

#5283 4 years ago

Man I have read more this week than I have in my whole life, wish I could get back the 2 years I spent following this project. I bailed after spending $250 and got a refund after he asked for the first half, to me something didn't feel right. I really hope everyone gets there money back, hopefully he makes good on one promise (paying everyone back) because taking him to court will cost everyone more damn money and even if you win you still have to collect the money from him and that is a feat in itself.

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sure, there were many possible outcomes at that point, but one fact was indisputable ... Kevin built his company on a lie. Once this lie was exposed, I would argue that everyone who was in on the game had a right to know. Don't keep that information a secret. Share it with the community and let the chips fall where they may.

I suppose you could look at it that, I guess they could have also just leaked the info anonymously again to the buyers. I guess I'm always wary of laying blame on people when I don't know the full circumstances but you guys do have good points.

#5285 4 years ago

Just got a email from kevin to only my email addressed to me personally saying a refund is coming in the next couple days.

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

Yes it is common sense to request to see the license. What normally happens is a copy is made. Then sensitive information like price is struck through with a thick black marker. You then make a copy of the copy so no bleed through can be detected. Many times this copy is just given away for you to keep as you manufacture others I. P.
Oh yeah, you always check the date and the duration to make sure you are not potentially outside of them. In other words whatever contract you enter into make sure it is not outside the terms of the I.P. contract.

Thanks, I've never worked with IPs before and was just curious as to how it's usually handled.

#5287 4 years ago

I heard (take with a grain of salt, because who knows what's true anymore) that Kevin spent $70k of the money he collected. And that 180 people were still in. I don't know who paid all the way in full from that number, but you can do some basic math and figure that people could possibly get back around 90% of their investment. That would be great if it's true.

Quoted from belairjoe:

Good question. Normally yes, you can't do a refund after I think 60 days. But I have no experience with defrauding people, so I can't say if there's flexibility there.

PayPal fees are going to be 3%, so I guess worst case you gotta take that 3% hit too.

I don't want anyone to lose a dime. But if you have to pay a 10% "pre-order lesson fee" and get the rest of your money back that seems like as good a happy ending as we'll see.

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard (take with a grain of salt, because who knows what's true anymore) that Kevin spent $70k of the money he collected. And that 180 people were still in. I don't know who paid all the way in full from that number, but you can do some basic math and figure that people could possibly get back around 90% of their investment. That would be great if it's true.

Good question. Normally yes, you can't do a refund after I think 60 days. But I have no experience with defrauding people, so I can't say if there's flexibility there.
PayPal fees are going to be 3%, so I guess worst case you gotta take that 3% hit too.
I don't want anyone to lose a dime. But if you have to pay a 10% "pre-order lesson fee" and get the rest of your money back that seems like as good a happy ending as we'll see.

Best believe I would be taking Kevin to small claims for any remainder after even a 90% refund. The only way he can get out of that is by filing bankruptcy. In that case, you may be out any remaining (if any) cash you paid in.

#5289 4 years ago

The Euro guys will actually make a big profit if their money is ever returned (assuming it is returned before the dollar weakens again).

Coming out ~$1,000 ahead would rock, yes?

#5290 4 years ago

If you ask the judge in small claims court how to collect money in a judgement, I have heard he will say something like "hmmmm..somebody wrote a book on that once."

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

In the cases of claims and true refunds, no, fees are not taken out. You are made whole. However if the person "refunds" you by sending you money, and does not do it as a "Friends and Family", you will be charged a fee, roughly 3%.

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Euro guys will actually make a big profit if their money is ever returned (assuming it is returned before the dollar weakens again).
Coming out ~$1,000 ahead would rock, yes?

Pinball is an investment after all.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you're honestly disputing how they handled it, and how long they took to let you all know, why don't you ask yourself: "Why wasn't I involved in proving this outfit to be a fake?"

#5294 4 years ago

Rule number 1 of forming a company: form a company

#5295 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Take it for what it's worth, but I paid the original $250 (via PayPal) on 12/7/2012. I paid the remaining $4500 (via PayPal) on 12/27/2013.

On May 19th, 2014 I requested a refund from Kevin via email. It took until 7/2/2014 to get my refunds (over 180 days for both transactions). He told me at the time that it was taking longer to process because of the prepay arrangement that he had with PayPal and that he had to prove cause to refund. But that the benefit was that I would get back the full amount and not lose the 3% PayPal fee.

I was fully expecting to have to eat the 3% PayPal fee so I was pleasantly surprised that on 7/2/2014 I had two return Transactions from PayPal (1 for $250 and the other for $4500).

Below is specifically what he wrote describing the PayPal arrangement:

"Since we are operating somewhat outside of PayPal's policies about deposits and pre-ordering, we have some special rules that we follow for them to allow us to use their services. From working so closely with them, we actually do get a few benefits, as well, such as the ability to use the refund feature far further back than 60 days, which is really nice in this case since you will receive the fees back on the hefty $4750 that you've sent in. The unfortunate rule we have to follow is that we need to show cause to get any money released to us, then it has to go through their system to actually GET released, which takes a few days, sometimes a little more."

As I said, take it for what it's worth, but trying to add a spec of hope if there is any truth to him submitting full refunds to everyone. Perhaps they won't have to eat the PayPal fees.

I feel bad for everyone caught up in this fiasco.

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

As I said, take it for what it's worth, but trying to add a spec of hope if there is any truth to him submitting full refunds to everyone. Perhaps they won't have to eat the PayPal fees.

I dunno what to believe as far as what Kevin says, but you're right, that is encouraging. Shows it's at least possible to still get a fee-less refund outside of the normal 60 day window.

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Poor paypal. It sounds like they will be the ones taking it in the shorts. No profit.

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno what to believe as far as what Kevin says, but you're right, that is encouraging. Shows it's at least possible to still get a fee-less refund outside of the normal 60 day window.

What?? Seriously Aurich? You believe people have a chance of getting a 100% refund? If anyONE does, it will be at the expense of another. I cannot see any possible way Kevin (and "Skit-B" in general) spent any less than $50,000. I also cannot see ANY way Kevin can afford to cover this out of his own pocket. SOMEONE is going to get screwed. Sorry. I really am. This is disgusting. But it's reality. EVERYONE who is sickened by this needs to realize the true depth of the situation. There will not be a refund for everyone. There is no quick resolution. EVERYONE should be disgusted with Skit-B. Not just Kevin ... but everyone ever involved. Each owes an explanation. Back Alley!!! Speak. Spooky, speak!!! Everyone! What did you know and when. What money did you take from Skit-B??? Speak up NOW! This is your chance.

#5299 4 years ago

He is definitely responding. I've been quite on this since I had my deposit in. Was looking forward to having this on route at my location where I run all my tournaments and events. Was going to be a great addition.

Who knows what to believe anymore but he stated in his email to me the project must be canceled and ALL money refunded and he did not think it would take long. I think what he has been pulling right up to last week finally has hit him in the reality department and is truly starting to regret things. Doesn't excuse him but if he rights this ship and refunds everyone and in the end no one but himself is truly hurt by all this I can forgive him. (Not saying I would trust him in anything like this of course)

-Jim

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you ask the judge in small claims court how to collect money in a judgement, I have heard he will say something like "hmmmm..somebody wrote a book on that once."

Small claims court sure is a bummer sometimes. I won $15k 25 years ago. 3 weeks after I won the person filed BK. It seems that most of the people that end up as defendants in small claims are the type of people with few assets and it is pretty much routine that they file bk if they lose any significant amount.

Someone said they received an email from Kevin promising full refunds. That would be cool. Then he can regroup and come out fighting again on something else in life. Everyone wins in that scenario Some else mentioned he would take a refund minus the $250 initial deposit...that is pretty cool too. Perhaps Kevin would be quicker with refunds if he thought some would accept slightly less? Some of you could group up and discuss it and then propose it to him. It seems he is backed into a corner pretty tight right now. I know what he did was wrong about the license but if he had a glimmer of hope, of getting this issue closed, maybe he would process things faster? Just a thought.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 18.95
$ 27.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside