Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 370.
#5051 9 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

art that looks like the weird kid from your high school shop class drew in his notebook?

Or stole from the front of a DVD cover:
http://www.covershut.com/DVD-Covers/58616-Predator-1987-Front.html

#5052 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

For sure Jack is a nice guy, I was just being an ass with my comment lol. I met Jack, he's totally genuine and treats you like gold.

He just has that Irish accent....

#5053 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I gave this a thumbs-down. Not because I disagree with that there should be more info put out, but because I disagree with the characterization and conclusions. As someone else noted, John may be slow and stubborn, but he knows the realities and details of the biz (having worked hands-on with B/W and Zizzle, etc.), and he is not lying or deceiving customers.

He worked as a game designer. Not a marketer, salesmen, operations manger or anything outside of design, right? That's the big problem. In my opinion, Jpop and others, have found its not too hard to design the game and thats pretty fun for them. However, manufacturing, selling and distributing it is a whole nother beast.

#5054 9 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

I do not understand why people thumbs you down. You are correct in what you are saying. Back before the desktop computer really phase took off (22 years ago) there were 3 companies and only 3 that wanted to make sound cards. All almost went bust before the craze finally took off. All needed more funding because on paper they were wrong. All are now out of business decades later but did make their product for awhile and had profits. Who were they?
SoundBlaster
Pro Audio Spectrum
ESST Technologies

Failure != fraud
Underestimating things with the correct intentions != fraud
Companies failing to execute != fraud

FUDGING the numbers intentional to deceive = FRAUD
LYING to your investors to deceive = FRAUD

I can't believe people don't know the #@$^ difference between criminal activity and companies failing.

#5055 9 years ago

So let me get this straight doc.... he built an unlicensed game AND he stole artwork?? That's just ruthless! I'm sure the KGB is reading this right now and looking to hire the guy as we speak!

#5056 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Failure != fraud
Underestimating things with the correct intentions != fraud
Companies failing to execute != fraud
FUDGING the numbers intentional to deceive = FRAUD
LYING to your investors to deceive = FRAUD

Doesn't matter what you say is fraud. It's what you can PROVE is fraud....

#5057 9 years ago

So if he does refund all the money and there is no scam then thats super lame of the folks who tattled to fox, right? This was a small 250 run with a prototype that went to shows. Perhaps insanely slow to develop etc. Not the issue. Now, because some "pinsiders on a crusade", or however they identified their self-rightesous selfs, fox wins and all 250 preorders get money back, but lose. Bummer!

#5058 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Enough man. Seriously.

#5059 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

yes kevin his wife is an practical witch..

I cant resist asking. How is she a witch? What can she do. Can she cast spells, curses, turn people into frogs?

#5060 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Under Michigan penal code

As used in this section, "false pretense" includes, but is not limited to, a false or fraudulent representation, writing, communication, statement, or message, communicated by any means to another person, that the maker of the representation, writing, communication, statement, or message knows is false or fraudulent. The false pretense may be a representation regarding a past or existing fact or circumstance or a representation regarding the intention to perform a future event or to have a future event performed.

#5061 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So if he does refund all the money and there is no scam then thats super lame of the folks who tattled to fox, right? This was a small 250 run with a prototype that went to shows. Perhaps insanely slow to develop etc. Not the issue. Now, because some "pinsiders on a crusade", or however they identified their self-rightesous selfs, fox wins and all 250 preorders get money back, but lose. Bummer!

It just doesn't make sense. There is no way all of the money is still there. And Kevin and family certainly do not appear to be wealthy by any means. Don't give up contacting your credit card companies and pursuing other avenues to get your money back.

#5062 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Umm, I don't think it will be too difficult for even a junior lawyer to prove. Numerous emails declaring in no uncertain terms "absolutely we have the license" compared to Fox's statement "we've never heard of the guy or his project and we've served him a C&D". Case closed.

#5063 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can she cast spells, curses, turn people into frogs?

I hear she is pretty good with the trust spell

#5064 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I cant resist asking. How is she a witch? What can she do. Can she cast spells, curses, turn people into frogs?

Oh man, you do not even want to know. Look at her public facebook page. She attends events with other "witches" in full dress and what not. God forbid you should ever say something religious around her because basically she (or Kevin for that matter) will try to talk well over your head with the history of religion and it all being BS. She is pagan (obviously) and to her it's the only "religion" that makes sense.

#5065 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Didn't she make Kevin? Isn't that considered a curse? BURRRRNNNNN j/k

#5066 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Umm, I don't think it will be too difficult for even a junior lawyer to prove.

Jeez! Do some of you just like to argue? I'm not saying it would be difficult...just that it's not automatic. If you're going to court you have to SHOW proof. No more, no less. You can't just go in with a good story.

#5067 9 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I guess we need to know what 'shut down' means....does it mean deleted, or frozen?

Usually frozen.

One thing Paypal is good at is.. is ensuring THEY get their money. You can't just close your paypal account and think you are home free. By linking to your bank account, they have a lot more hooks in you than you might think.

#5068 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Didn't she make Kevin? Isn't that considered a curse? BURRRRNNNNN

lol...I'll find the Monty Python gif!

#5069 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jeez! Do some of you just like to argue? I'm not saying it would be difficult...just that it's not automatic. If you're going to court you have to SHOW proof. No more, no less. You can't just go in with a good story.

Agreed. Not arguing. But there seems to be ample documented proof available. So again, good luck with that Kevin. I don't know who would initiate the prosecution (if anyone?) But if they do ... yikes.

#5070 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

But if they do ... yikes.

Yes...let's hope it never comes to this....

#5071 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It's a religion, just like any other. I don't think it's cool to bring his wife into the conversation at all.

Disclaimer: No, I'm not one of them. I'm atheist.

#5072 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

But I will say again, people TRIED to bring this information to light for months and they were criticized as "conspiracy nuts" or "just trying to bring a good man down", etc, etc. You need to ask yourself- how much more evidence would some of the zealots here believe?

But was that simply a broken clock is right twice a day?

We should be sure to differentiate between something someone KNEW vs what they were SPECULATING and happened to be right.

People had all kinds of theories and concerns... and no matter how right they might have been, if they started without references or research.. then they are still simply speculating.

Obviously some people were trying to do their dilligence before spewing half information or onesided stories. Kudos to that. The amount of people that are advocating you should be sharing unvetted information 'to save the buyers' is insane.

Floods of inaccurate information is even more damaging than the alternative.

#5073 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

He Never Had A License!

#5074 9 years ago

Here's hoping I get all my money back before Alletown so I can buy something to fill the place of Predator.

#5075 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

me too!!...and thank god!

#5076 9 years ago

There are more than enough grounds here for dozens of civil cases. There are also grounds for a criminal investigation, and possible charges if the vendor lied to the buyers and took their money under false pretences. All it would take is a single complaint to the agency with jurisdiction. Local, State or Federal depending on the laws you have in the US.
As far as showing proof, there seems to have been a fair bit of communication and financial transactions that took place, sounds like it is all out there, just needs to be put together. Strength in numbers, those out $ might want to consider approaching this as a unified group.

#5077 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't think it's cool to bring his wife into the conversation at all.

Unless she is also complicit, no? And I have a hard time believing she knew nothing at all and until everyone gets their money back and every cent is accounted for ... she's accountable too (along with her new photography studio and the new photography equipment.)

#5078 9 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Under Michigan penal code
As used in this section, "false pretense" includes, but is not limited to, a false or fraudulent representation, writing, communication, statement, or message, communicated by any means to another person, that the maker of the representation, writing, communication, statement, or message knows is false or fraudulent. The false pretense may be a representation regarding a past or existing fact or circumstance or a representation regarding the intention to perform a future event or to have a future event performed.

You do understand he committed these criminal actions in more than one state. Therefore he can be prosecuted in every state these actions took place.

#5079 9 years ago

Multiple state = federal charges

Wire Fraud/Mail Fraud.......it's not going to be pretty

I hope everyone gets their money back but this doesn't look promising.

#5080 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Multiple state = federal charges
Wire Fraud/Mail Fraud.......it's not going to be pretty
I hope everyone gets their money back but this doesn't look promising.

Man, doesn't look good for Kevin in front of a judge:

judge.jpgjudge.jpg
#5081 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

You do understand he committed these criminal actions in more than one state. Therefore he can be prosecuted in every state these actions took place.

interstate commerce makes it a federal case right?

#5082 9 years ago

Been thinking this about a few games, anyone else feel like I do, that Pinside shouldn't have games that really don't exist yet in the Archive?

#5083 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I'm not sure how that would play out, maybe straight to FBI? Anyway, the Michigan law has sentences up to 20 years, ouch!

#5084 9 years ago

AMH is available!!! The machine is being built as we speak. Just received my machine last week. A lot of fun. If you get your refund be sure to check out Spoky Pinball and AMH. Good luck!!

#5085 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hope to soon see people unboxing their refunds...

Wouldn't that be nice... But I don't see how it's gonna happen even IF Kevin wanted to send out refunds. At this point he's got pending credit card chargebacks, Paypal investigations, not to mention the criminal side of things with Fox, etc. that are all tangled up into a big mess. Who knows how long it will take to unwind it all. And I doubt it's all gonna get sorted out in a basement.

#5086 9 years ago

I was at the disappointing Chicago showing, I looked at my friend and said I love how excited they are about this project but this is just not going to happen. I am so sorry for those of you who are in. I was in a pre-order, and was up at all hours sometimes when it looked as if it would implode and I was going to be out more then I could afford to loose in a year.

#5087 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Usually frozen.
One thing Paypal is good at is.. is ensuring THEY get their money. You can't just close your paypal account and think you are home free. By linking to your bank account, they have a lot more hooks in you than you might think.

Yep - NEVER to link to your bank account particularly if you sell stuff on greed bay. If a buyer files a bogus claim against you Paypal can take the funds from your bank account even if you don't have a balance in your Paypal account. I honestly don't know how they get away with that as it seems borderline criminal. I've had two accounts for almost 15 years - one that is linked (that I never use anymore) and another that is not linked. They ask me to update my account with a bank account every time I log-on but fu@k that - I don't want anyone to have unauthorized access to my bank accounts. Its a pain because it adds an extra step to the log-in process but I'd rather suffer that minor annoyance than hand over the keys to the kitty.

#5088 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a religion, just like any other. I don't think it's cool to bring his wife into the conversation at all.

You don't pull shi* like this without your wife knowing, especially given what we know about family involvement.

Maybe it makes me a bad guy, but if I asked you for some background and you told me you and your wife were practicing pagans and intolerant of any other beliefs, no way in hell would I send you $5K to build me anything.

#5089 9 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

Yep - NEVER to link to your bank account particularly if you sell stuff on greed bay. If a buyer files a bogus claim against you Paypal can take the funds from your bank account even if you don't have a balance in your Paypal account. I honestly don't know how they get away with that as it seems borderline criminal. I've had two accounts for almost 15 years - one that is linked (that I never use anymore) and another that is not linked. They ask me to update my account with a bank account every time I log-on but fu@k that - I don't want anyone to have unauthorized access to my bank accounts. Its a pain because it adds an extra step to the log-in process but I'd rather suffer that minor annoyance than hand over the keys to the kitty.

Totally agree! I use PP for purchases only.

#5090 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Wow, sad what this proves. Sad..
But to be clear the issue of pinsiders with self serving agendas sucks but in NO way is it anywhere close to what Kevin has done.
Kevin is a criminal and defrauded the hobby, These guys got caught up in their game and it pisses me off but it should not be a distraction from Kevin. This is his shitestorm.
Rob, because I read what others have read as well puts me in his sandbox? I am not happy that he also dragged this out for buyers but your group did the same. Its you who are on his level, not me.

Don't you dare call it "my group" again. I had nothing to do with any of it. Zero. So stop making bullshit inferences, they are not appreciated.

The fact that you think I did tells me even more about you though, and the way you think.

This thread has been a true eye opener for me in many ways. Some of the idiocy and ignorance I've seen posted in this thread will forever kill the credibility of some people for me (no need to mention them by name).

#5091 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I told him that he needed to get me a detailed breakdown of all the money. What was in paypal. What was in other accounts. What was spent on parts he got. What was spent on stuff he was waiting for. All of it. I said if someone was going to help him sort it out or "invest", he needed to do the BARE MINIMUM and get his stuff in order. He was going to get right on it! I asked Doug if he would help and he said he would.

But can you guess if that detailed break down of the money was ever produced??? NOPE.

This, sadly, indicates a strong likelihood that a large portion of the money is gone.

#5092 9 years ago

**personal info removed by mod**

#5093 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes it would have been ok, because people got the game they wanted and paid for. Other than that, I think most wouldn't give a shit.
No morals? this is the self righteous shit I was talking about. So you don't have a Tron arcade mod, or any aftermarket toppers on your machines? None of those little lamp shades with the name of the game lasercut into it? You don't buy into unlicensed stuff ever? I call bullshit.
I look at it like this. If you make something cool and selling it, i'll buy it, licensed or not. If it saves me $50 because it's unlicensed, so much the better. I'm not afraid to admit it and most are in the same club. With Kevin making the predator pin, is he taking money out of the pocket of fox? Was fox planning on making the game themselves? Nope, they didn't give a shit and were not going to cash in on it in the slightest. So I don't look at it as all that bad if he would have pulled it off. buyers would have been happy. People got something for their money. Another pin would be floating around the community. Fox would keep on airing their shit reporting news show. Life goes on.

It doesn't matter and you're just making excuses for him, this is not a case of if he could have got away with it, he made a choice for the 250 and put our money at risk just to be "punk rock" and then lied about it when he could have just as easily aquired a license. I'm not on some moral high horse and very well may have bought a predator without license but not with $4750 on the line before it's even built, I'm not that big of a gambler. His intentions started good but turned terribly wrong after the C&D.

#5094 9 years ago

Speaking of Aaron from fast. An interesting thing he mentioned that got looked over when things went nuclear was Aaron said kevin was trying to get money back from the cabinet guy. I have my concerns about this cabinet guy too.

#5095 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Business do NOT ahve to be registered in the state of operation.

Many times, a lot of companies are registered in Delaware, due to cheaper incorporation fees and easier paperwork.

#5096 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RobT
Pinside immortal

Quoted from RobT:

The fact that you think I did tells me even more about you though

Did not until you started saying what you were and placing me on his level for being upset at someones intent. Lets be very clear you took my non generalized statement and A. Took it to heart and B decided to attack me. Mr High and mighty.You made it clear how you feel about me and your words made things clear to me. So we are on even ground. Only I dont do it at others expense ; )

Quoted from RobT:

Don't you dare call it "my group" again.

Your group Your group Your group Your group ...

#5097 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Ummm.... total creep factor man. Totally worthy of a down-vote...

#5098 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Speaking of Aaron from fast. An interesting thing he mentioned that got looked over when things went nuclear was Aaron said kevin was trying to get money back from the cabinet guy. I have my concerns about this cabinet guy too.

Is the cabinet guy the new "joe the plumber"?

#5099 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Ummm.... total creep factor man. Totally worthy of a down-vote...

Because why? I just find it interesting that only a few months she was on Facebook talking about completely remaking (or making?) her "new studio" and was getting all new equipment. I thought that might be relevant for folks wondering where their money might have went.

#5100 9 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

Been thinking this about a few games, anyone else feel like I do, that Pinside shouldn't have games that really don't exist yet in the Archive?

The games in archive are also tagged to threads and indexable by forum. For that purpose it is very helpful to have project games in the archive as it helps find threads.. Helpful even now finding the refund activity threads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/predator/forum

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.