Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 367.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If you went through a credit card, the credit card company can override PayPal.

Yes, but what will the credit card company do if the money is gone? Deny the claim of the buyer, or allow the claim and go after the seller through legal means?

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I just received an email stating all moneys collected will be refunded in a few days

He has one chance to do this, but if this proves to be more 'Kevin-speak' I'm escalating as far as I can take it with local PD, IC3, and any other outlet to make sure the money does not benefit him or anyone in his immediate family that could have taken/received from the account.

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Yes, but what will the credit card company do if the money is gone? Deny the claim of the buyer, or allow the claim and go after the seller through legal means?

Oh, ok. I thought someone said the funds were still in PayPal...

#4954 4 years ago

On a side note, when's the next pinball expo? If JJP or Stern going to be there, someone should ask them if they'd be willing to take on the Predator project.

#4955 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, ok. I thought someone said the funds were still in PayPal...

Aurich said they should be based on past experience. But I am not holding this as an absolute. With the amount of fraud already committed, anything is possible at this point.

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

On a side note, when's the next pinball expo? If JJP or Stern going to be there, someone should ask them if they'd be willing to take on the Predator project.

dead dead deadski
tumblr_ly4obxllUn1qjic1lo1_500.gif

#4957 4 years ago

Man, this has to be the fastest moving thread we've ever seen. It's a full time job trying to keep up with it.

#4958 4 years ago

Oof....all money refunded in a "few days"?

That seems crazy-optimistic.

I already told my wife that there was a good shot that I wouldn't see any of the money I put in. She took it much better than I expected.

Pete

#4959 4 years ago

EmailFromKevin.png

Get him to message that via paypal arbitration/communication and it might be believable. If he refuses, I think you won't have to wait a few days to know the answer.

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

dead dead deadski

no.jpeg
#4961 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Man, this has to be the fastest moving thread we've ever seen. It's a full time job trying to keep up with it.

I rang work and told them a relative died. Well, its sure does feel like it right now.

I now have a whole week to concentrate on this matter

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I already told my wife that there was a good shot that I wouldn't see any of the money I put in.

:shhh:Shhhhh! If you get it back, she'll never know...

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So - when "one of us" builds a Predator game and says it's officially licensed - why wouldn't people have trusted him?

Some of us trust people we have never met only as far as we can throw them.

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of us trust people we have never met only as far as we can throw them.

True, but to the hundreds of hardcore Predator fans in the pinball world, no sh*t people would trust this kid for their chance to have their own Predator Pinball machine. I'd give my left nut for video game themed pin

#4966 4 years ago

EmailFromKevin.png

We need more of this type of open communication.

Thanks!

#4967 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've now proven yourself to be on the same level as Whysnow.
Congrats!

Wow, sad what this proves. Sad..

But to be clear the issue of pinsiders with self serving agendas sucks but in NO way is it anywhere close to what Kevin has done.

Kevin is a criminal and defrauded the hobby, These guys got caught up in their game and it pisses me off but it should not be a distraction from Kevin. This is his shitestorm.

Rob, because I read what others have read as well puts me in his sandbox? I am not happy that he also dragged this out for buyers but your group did the same. Its you who are on his level, not me.

#4968 4 years ago

OH man I advise to NOt press that noooooo.com link button. It feels like your soul is being sucked dry......

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

True, but to the hundreds of hardcore Predator fans in the pinball world, no sh*t people would trust this kid for their chance to have their own Predator Pinball machine. I'd give my left nut for video game themed pin

one would hope that if you were gonna sacrifice a nut, you'd do the proper due diligence...

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

CAN i GET A HITLER VIDEO OR WHAT?

I think this problem may be beyond any kind of joking. If I just ate thousands of dollars, I wouldn't want to see a video making light of it.

Quoted from spfxted:

Everyone knows there's no Insanity Clause...

Chico Marx in A Night at the Opera. Classic stuff! (Although my personal favorite is Horse Feathers...)

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

And herein lies the problem. People want something so badly they are willing to throw money on the table, even if the product doesn't exist. I would feel similar if a Metroid pin was announced. Sometimes you let your emotional attachment to something cloud your judgement.

#4972 4 years ago

I spoke to my CC company today and they can't do anything after 6 months. Not sure if anyone got the same or different response but Kevin will have to move quickly or I will be looking into legal action and before someone steals from me, I will spend a shit load more to make sure they suffer, only way I could sleep at night.

#4973 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not sure if any of you guys have ever taken someone to court who owes you money.
You win the case, the judge orders the defendant to pay you $3000, the defendant ignores the order and never pays you.
The person does not go to jail because they never paid you....there is no debtors prison.
-
Now if a criminal case is brought against Kevin, then there could be jail time involved, but then Kevin will certainly spend any money he has left on the retainer for a federal criminal attorney.

Friend...there is another possibility and it stinks. You receive a judgment for "x" amount of dollars and the defendant claims personal BK afterwards. I had this happen to me for $15k 30 years ago

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I already told my wife that there was a good shot that I wouldn't see any of the money I put in. She took it much better than I expected.
Pete

Thank GOD he didnt say "2 weeks"....

Man I hope its true.... I was thinking 75 or 80% back would be considered a a HUGE win for the investors, but 100% seems almost too good to be true?

#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

Mine is goose stepping around the house, barking orders and spitting feathers. Ying and yang I guess.

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

one would hope that if you were gonna sacrifice a nut, you'd do the proper due diligence...

or at least save up for a neuticle first.

#4977 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.

sniffing glue.png

on a more serious note, I hope that people who put down money will see at least a [good] portion of their money refunded, although I wouldn't get my hopes up.

If kevin was wise, he would be smart to avoid any pinball related events (eg. the upcoming michigan pinball expo) until this is sorted out.

#4978 4 years ago

If I get my refund I will gladly donate a little to Kevin to get a forehead tattoo that said 'Refunds are hard'......

#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I spoke to my CC company today and they can't do anything after 6 months. Not sure if anyone got the same or different response but Kevin will have to move quickly or I will be looking into legal action and before someone steals from me, I will spend a shit load more to make sure they suffer, only way I could sleep at night.

I thought some CC's allowed up to a year? (Although, some of us paid over a year ago...so it may not matter).

Which CC company do you use?

Pete

#4980 4 years ago

How do we know "mr x" wasn't someone from JJP or Stern? It's sort of akin to people trying to route pinballs without tax stickers (because they want to slip under the radar and make more profit), and the other person routing pinballs in the area pays his taxes and narcs on the other router because why should he have to pay while someone else doesn't.

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I was thinking 75 or 80% back would be considered a a HUGE win for the investors, but 100% seems almost too good to be true?

Same thinking. Or he is actually taking a loan to cover the difference? Only him knows much much money has already been spent on Predator.

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

And herein lies the problem. People want something so badly they are willing to throw money on the table, even if the product doesn't exist. I would feel similar if a Metroid pin was announced. Sometimes you let your emotional attachment to something cloud your judgement.

Absolutely. Who knows what Kevin's true intentions were, but the best scam artists in the world know to target people's emotions. Predator for sure would be a hot seller which is maybe why he choose it? 80% of the stuff we own are useless and bought on emotions/impulse. But honestly don't think Kevin started this project to scam people. Fan of the movie/arcade technician so he just envisioned an awesome Predator game. He also just wanted to make quick coin by not paying ridiculous licensing fee's to Fox which means more profit for him. I believe he did want to make Predator for the pinheads out there that believed in him. But in the situation he's in now (being caught by Fox) he's screwed which in turn screwed everyone else.

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I thought some CC's allowed up to a year? (Although, some of us paid over a year ago...so it may not matter).
Which CC company do you use?
Pete

Some do.

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thank GOD he didnt say "2 weeks"....
Man I hope its true.... I was thinking 75 or 80% back would be considered a a HUGE win for the investors, but 100% seems almost too good to be true?

My thoughts, too.

Quoted from Russo121:

Mine is goose stepping around the house, barking orders and spitting feathers. Ying and yang I guess.

Well, I've been collecting for a long time. I guess I'm allowed one complete eff-up...

(Although, there was that time that I got a racing game stuck in my staircase. We jammed it in so good...couldn't get it out (up or down). Had to break out a window, and eventually had to hook up a truck with a winch and strap to pull it out. She was....unhappy).

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Who knows what Kevin's true intentions were, but the best scam artists in the world know to target people's emotions. Predator for sure would be a hot seller which is maybe why he choose it?

Said this before but it started as a one-off, they shared it on Pinside, buzz generated and it snowballed with no forethought of whether it COULD get done.

#4986 4 years ago
simpson-mr-x.jpg
#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

How do we know "mr x" wasn't someone from JJP or Stern?

Highly unlikely IMO. Why would they care? SkitB were never the 'competition' to them.

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

People want something so badly they are willing to throw money on the table, even if the product doesn't exist. I would feel similar if a Metroid pin was announced. Sometimes you let your emotional attachment to something cloud your judgement.

It was also a very different time in the hobby three years ago. People had never seen a project implode like this before, so they were completely unprepared for something like this to happen. It was a small hobby, and there was a feeling of comradery among us. Pinball was exploding in popularity, and everyone wanted to be a part of the renaissance. Looking back, it was truly a time of innocence.

#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Highly unlikely IMO. Why would they care? SkitB were never the 'competition' to them.

Exactly. It was such a small run....I don't think they would consider Sh$t-B a real threat

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Ever tried to pet a dog while he's eating? I'm pretty sure it's the same with the big boys JJP and Stern, don't piss on their territory lol. Obviously that's a little far-fetched but how funny would it be if it was an inside job in the industry.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

but how funny would it be if it was an inside job in the industry.

Hilarious...

#4992 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Some CC companies will allow it if the delivery date is within a certain window. Did you explain the delivery date to them?

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It was also a very different time in the hobby three years ago. People had never seen a project implode like this before

Uh wut?

#4994 4 years ago

Think about it. We all have this preconceived notion that the top dogs are all professional and handle things in the up-most professional manner, but behind the scenes it's like a school playground with little kids pulling each other's hairs. Man, that would be totally messed up...

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It was also a very different time in the hobby three years ago. People had never seen a project implode like this before, so they were completely unprepared for something like this to happen. It was a small hobby, and there was a feeling of comradery among us. Pinball was exploding in popularity, and everyone wanted to be a part of the renaissance. Looking back, it was truly a time of innocence.

Right? Plus, Kevin had everything going for him:

Awesome theme
Community backing "He's a great guy, etc etc" (that is not a knock on anyone, I believe he had good intentions in the beginning)
Lower Price/when everyone was getting upset about higher price
Proto type that was advancing...it was a thrill to follow the progress
Rooting for the little guy to make a big splash

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

How do we know "mr x" wasn't someone from JJP or Stern? It's sort of akin to people trying to route pinballs without tax stickers (because they want to slip under the radar and make more profit), and the other person routing pinballs in the area pays his taxes and narcs on the other router because why should he have to pay while someone else doesn't.

yea, and it could be an alien from mars too...

neither gary nor jack gave two shits about kevin...

geez... COME ON PEOPLE!!! stop grasping at straws and focus...

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I'm pretty sure it's the same with the big boys JJP and Stern, don't piss on their territory lol

And get embroiled in this mess? I've already seen the flak Martin has been taking after people decided to 'shoot the messenger'. JJP or Stern probably took one look at it, laughed as they realised how much sh*t Kevin was in and moved on.

#4998 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm anything? I am so confused. Is it proven that the license was pulled or never received from FOX?

This,TBL, and the JJP delay is why I probably will never pre order a pin.

#4999 4 years ago

sh!t-b

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm going to have to disagree fully on this one. Do we forget the original medieval madness remake from Australia? That snowballed into a scam in a hurry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 299.00
$ 248.85
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 218.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside