A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Rifftrax MST3K reunion - 10/10 - I laughed so hard I cried. They must have saved their best stuff for this because very few jokes missed the mark. Shake Hands with Danger was the highlight. It may not play as well alone at home as it did in the theater.
Secret Life of Pets - 6/10 - Amusing but forgettable. Kevin Hart's bunny rabbit was the most memorable.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sausage Party, Hell or High Water, and Blood Father. Also I might go see Rifftrax Mothra.

I have to get back into the Rifftrax stuff. MST3K was a ritual.

Here is a blast from the past movie. 1977 Wizards - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizards_(film)

#44 7 years ago

For Sci-Fi give me the real classics and/or the ones I grew up on.

Forbidden Planet, Day The Earth Stood Still, The Thing from another Planet / Logan's Run, Rollerball, What's Up, Tiger Lily?

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Watched Logan's Run recently. Not as good as I remember when I was a kid. The best 2 things about that movie were Jessica-6's boobs.

Yes, it is just a quick side boob shot when changing in the Box scene but awesome as a kid. Also "The Love Shop" and Farrah Fawcett.

I thought it would be a great Pin. Re-theme a POTC. Use a New You shop at the Mix Master, Chapel for the ship and Box for the Chest. Final wizard mode is Renewal. The jewel symbol for inserts with color changing with aging.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

One of these things is not like the others......................

Just checking to see if people are reading what others post or just throwing there own stuff up.

I almost said Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Best is you recognize the movies the cut from. Real test of old school.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

KIs that before or after the new remake of The Magnificent Seven?

Isn't that a remake of Seven Samurai?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

No Hawkmoon, this is Sparta!
Speaking of Sparta I recently watched 300 again. 9/10 Popcorns. The sequel is not so great. 4/10 popcorns. It's something to have on in the background.

I can't do it. Every time I start to think about "The 300" images and scenes from the satire version "Meet the Spartans" flash in my head. The painted on abs are the best.

1 week later
#165 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Caddy shack
The good, the bad, & the ugly
Animal house
Young Frankenstein
Blazing saddles

If you are going to do the classic comedy you also need Stripes.

The Zucker movies also like Airplane and Naked Gun.

#173 7 years ago

Anyone into the old Woody Allen comedy movies like Zelig, Bananas, Take The Money and Run and rare but classic What's Up Tiger Lilly?

8 months later
#547 6 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Just watched the original Rollerball movie. Doesn't work as a sports/action movie (too slow), doesn't work as a social/political commentary (too unfocused), but bizarrely is kind of intriguing as a mix of both.
It's actually hilarious that it was made in the 70s and was supposed to be futuristic, yet the architecture has 70s kitsch written all over it.
6.5/10.

Wow do I disagree. It is easy to look back over 40 years and poke holes. But when it came out and I went with my father to the movie theater we walked out stunned. Corporations running the world, fluid based memory in computers back when people still were not convinced a computer would be needed in the home, TV screens in the home running personal movies. When it came out it was a 10/10 and still holds up pretty well.

1 week later
#571 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

I agree, I expected much more from this film. The dueling androids were predictable, and the visuals were OK but not great. The aliens themselves were like extra cast members. No rotating light beacons and no flame throwers. 5 Popcorns... Prometheus was better.

I get real pissed at the Spoilers in this thread without and clear SPOLIER ALERT separation.

3 weeks later
#644 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I read that they are remaking Logans Run. I can't wait.

I have mixed emotions. I love the original and if it is like most re-bakes it will be a reason to use CGI.

#645 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haven't watched that ... but if you want to see a shitter, watch Manos Hands Of Fate. Ohhhhhboy.
Pretty sure you can watch it on the net these days.
rd

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

But does make great fodder for the best episode of Mystery Science Theater 300.

I love the MST episode of Manos. But I can't imagine sitting through the actual movie without the crew.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

When Ghostbusters '16 came out, some people speculated that comedy today is different from the comedy of the original. Back then they crafted and molded a script, now comedy is mainly improv and adlibs.

and CGI. Everything is CGI - Comedy, horror, sci-fi, commercials. . . .

#671 6 years ago

Good conversation. Remember the original SCTV (Second City Television) improv crew? Heck, two are even Ghostbusters.

John Candy,Joe Flaherty,Eugene Levy,Andrea Martin,Rick Moranis,Catherine O'Hara,Harold Ramis,Martin Short,Dave Thomas

Loy of funny stuff there. I'll have to go watch dome of the old stuff and see how it has help up over time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.