A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redman822.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I forgot. Valerian! Yikes! I didn't know anything about the book or comic....didn't know it was written for 12 year olds. Great special effects, terrible script! Dialogue even I would be embarrassed admitting to!

The real question is, would George Lucas be embarrassed to admit writing it? (Looking at SW EP I-II-III, in particular.)

#735 6 years ago

At our house we watched two movies on Saturday - we watched Hidden Figures, and we all loved it. Daughter's planning on being an engineer when she goes into college, so the science side was interesting to her.

Then my wife and I decided to show our daughter a classic film - Highlander. Wow. Our memories of that film were sooooo much better than it actually was. It was so painful to watch, we turned it off 40 minutes in. Even with us all doing our own version of MST3K, it was still unwatchable. Makes me shudder to even think of seeing 2&3 which, in my memory were even worse than the original...

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Blashpemer! The Queen soundtrack alone is worth 6 popcorns.....
Later,
EV

The soundtrack was great, but DAMN the writing, acting, cinematography, and the sound effects were painful...

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I agree. Saw this one Sunday and found Michael Keaton to be a very good, atypical villain and the movie overall better than expected. I was worried that the new actor's "teenagerness" from Civil War would be too annoying at feature length, but it ended up being a good balance.

Funny thing to note, Michael Keaton was Batman, Birdman, and The Vulture...

1 week later
#766 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I just saw jack reacher never go back did not like it the movie had a silly plot that made no sense I give 4 popcorns out of 10.

I read the books, and I understand movies are just fantasy, but I had such a difficult time accepting Cruise as Reacher. From the author's website ( http://www.leechild.com/jack-reacher.php ), Jack was 6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest. Tom Cruise is 5'7, 170....just a SLIGHT difference.

For example, here is a picture or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who is 6'4, 245#, he is with Mark Zuckerberg who is the same height (5'7") and build as Tom Cruise...

Rockand Zuck (resized).jpgRockand Zuck (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#804 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I liked when he threatens Peter in the car after figuring out that he's spiderman, even though he's older he nailed the crazy scary villain, also digging the hot aunt May

Quoted from EchoVictor:

While I concur about the scary, I disagree about the crazy. That's the thing I liked about Keaton's Vulture. I totally got where he was coming from as a regular guy that felt like he got screwed over, and was just trying to provide for his family, albeit in an illegal way. Seemed like a totally rational motivation to me.
The fact that I also have a teenage daughter doesn't hurt the fact that I totally empathized with that paternal protective instinct. Keaton's character just lets it go too far.
"You go in there and show my daughter a good time. Just not TOO good a time..."
Later,
EV

My interpretation of crlush's post was that MK was "Crazy scary" (i.e. majorly scary) not "Crazy and scary".... As the scene developed and we saw where it was going my daughter and I looked at each with the "ooooooo daaaamn" look on our faces...and then we laughed at the "not too good of a time" line. Which, thinking back on it, is one of the reasons why we liked the film , it had serious parts, and fun parts it was really well balanced and did a good job of showing the 'teenage kid' side of Peter while dealing with the side of Peter wanting to be 'more'.

We loved, loved, loved the final scene before the credits with Aunt May's line getting cut off. We laughed quite a lot at that.

2 weeks later
#814 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

dozens of crack assassins who can't shoot the heroes even with 10,000s of machine gun rounds.

Were they wearing white armor?

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

extra features that show Keanu training

He is one actor I can not stand, especially after meeting/working with him during the filming of "Hardball" in Chicago in the fall of 2000. I was a stand-in for a different actor and was on set for six nights (from 8p-4a, while also working my regular office job from 8a-5p). He had a hard time remembering his lines, was extremely arrogant, and during the last night I was on set, I asked for his autograph on my script call sheet (which I still have) he got all indignant saying, "Professionals don't ask for autographs on set." My response was, "I am an office worker who has no desire to be a professional actor, I was called by the casting company for this. Acting is fun for me, not a career." He still wouldn't sign.

Conversely, I absolutely fell for Diane Lane during the time I was on set. The Production Assistant (PA) knew that I was working my office job during the day and allowed me to find places to sleep when I wasn't needed, as long as I let him know where I was going to be. One night, it was raining and he allowed me to sleep in the makeup area, and lo and behold, Diane Lane comes in for makeup testing. She and I chatted for hours like we were old friends about everything, my life, her life, etc. She was as personable as she was (is) pretty. I was just so awestruck by her that I forgot to ask her for her autograph. (This was three nights before I tried asking Keanu.)

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...and Tom Cruise is a total dipshit in real life...I still like his movies.

True but at least tom Cruise wasn't a dipshit to me in person.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Have you ever watched the movie unfaithful? Thats when I fell for her.

Yep that was good, too. It came out after I met her. (2002)

1 month later
#866 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thor Ragnarok
I enjoyed it. Kiwi director Taika Waititi injects his brand of humour into the Marvel franchise. If you’ve seen any other Taika films (Boy, What we do in the Shadows, Hunt for the Wilderpeople) you’ll notice it straight away. He also dresses up as a large Rock Man and introduces Marvel fans to “Maori boy” talk.
I wonder how the traditional Marvel/Thor fan will view this movie. It’s a bit of a departure from the first two ...
Anyway, enjoyable way to spend two hours. 8 Popcorns.
rd

We saw Thor today. Very entertaining, nice humor moments (Banner dressed as Stark constantly adjusting his pants was one) and the music was good too...done by Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo. I'd give it a solid 8...

2 months later
#897 6 years ago

I just watched "Jim & Andy The Great Beyond" it is a documentary of the movie, "Man on the Moon" where Jim Carrey portrayed Andy Kaufman. Interspersed with current interview segments with Jim. It really have a great insight into how far her delved into Kaufman's persona and how the role affected him.

If you were a fan of the movie, it would be 9/10, but dramatically less if you didn't like/see the Man on the Moon.

2 weeks later
#914 6 years ago

Lego Batman Movie - 9/10 popcorns! - I went into it thinking, this could be bad, or awesome. Well, as my family all agreed, it was the best Batman movie of all the Batman movies. Hands down. The writing on this was great, it lampooned the other Batman fils, yet beat them all at their own game. That and they made fun of other DC films as well - "What am I gonna do, get a bunch of criminals together to fight the criminals? That's a stupid idea." LOL

Great film, a must see!

1 week later
#936 6 years ago

Last night we watched "A Monster Calls." It was a good film and we all enjoyed it, just be prepared, it is a solid kick in "the feels." I don't want to give anything else away, so I won't give any more of the plot away.

I would give it 6 out of 10 popcorns.

1 week later
#967 6 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I recently re-watched 'Animal Farm' (1954) - A charming animated film about life on the farm, as seen through the eyes of the animal inhabitants. If you liked either 'Babe the Pig' or 'Shaun the Sheep' but thought they were too preachy, you might enjoy this this film.
4 out of 5 slop buckets.

You do_ realize that this is the movie adaptation of George Orwell's book of the same name that was an allegory about the events running up to the Russian Revolution and Stalin...right? On top of it, this movie was financed by the CIA as a bit of Cold War propaganda.

Just saying...

1 month later
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ready Player One on Wednesday. Will report.

I have a major fear of anticipointment for RP1...I hope I'm wrong.

1 week later
#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I can't wait to get the bluray, so many things to take in.

You and millions of others... We will be freeze framing the heck out of the Blu-ray when it comes out.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'll even throw in What Happened to Monday. It's story is average or slightly above average at best.

I can agree with that - my daughter and I were not impressed with it either. Wasn't that thrilling and we had figured it out before the reveal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redman822.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=redman822 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.