A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 7 years ago

I find Turner Classics has been showing a lot of great movies lately. They really always have. Many I never had a chance to see before.

Last night I watched Scrarecrow with Al Pacino and Gene Hackman and it was great.

Scarecrow 2 (resized).jpgScarecrow 2 (resized).jpg

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Never heard of this one, but looks like something I'd like. Thanks!

I never heard of it either, but that's what I like about Turner Classics. They play everything.

2 weeks later
#207 7 years ago

I watched another great movie on Turner the other night called Convicts 4 starring Ben Gazarra as convicted killer John Renko. Great story if you've never heard it or seen it.

3 weeks later
#292 7 years ago

There was one at the local auction not long ago. Joust is a $300 game folks!

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Personally, I am partial to Four Million B.C. gameplay wise(due to the way the balls lock) over Fireball

I was partial to Capersville when I had it. But somebody ended up wanting it more than I did.

Or it was my usual way of thinking. I better sell this while I've actually got a buyer. But it was a solid game.

9 months later
#734 6 years ago

Saturday night was double feature night as I was playing pinball in the garage. Two great movies I had never seen before.

The Big Empty- I don't know how I missed seeing this classic all these years, but will be worth watching again.

The Lone Ranger- Action packed rendition of the classic TV show I grew up with, and Johnny Depp as Tonto may be my favorite roll he has ever played. Classic!

I din't get much pinball in while either of these was on.

#737 6 years ago

"mom"

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#750 6 years ago

Has any body else seen The Fast and the Furious?

I'm watching it right now for the first time.

F+F (resized).jpgF+F (resized).jpg

#752 6 years ago

OK, my review of the original The Fast and the Furious from 1955 is that it was great! 50 years ahead of it's time. No wonder they paid good money for the licence when they remade it in 2001.

2 months later
#847 6 years ago

Phantasm Ravager

Eight popcorns and a bong rip.

3 months later
#909 6 years ago

The Flight of the Phoenix. An incredible survival story..

#911 6 years ago

I didn't even know they remade that one. Original for sure. Watched it the other night. Classic!

4 months later
#1113 5 years ago

Zardoz. 15 popcorns!

zardoz_has_spoken_by_bopchara-d3hubc8 (resized).jpgzardoz_has_spoken_by_bopchara-d3hubc8 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1141 5 years ago

Sniper 3 and Sniper Reloaded. Tom Berenger and Billy Zane carrying the torch. Ten popcorns.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

why are movie bombs always made with coloured wire? Surely, if you were making a bomb, you'd go to your local Frys and say "one roll of economical black wire please! Or whatever is on special ..." ... instead, terrorists are going into Frys and saying "may I please have one roll of red wire, one roll of green, maybe some black, hmmm ..."

Probably so they don't blow themselves up.

I know when I do a remote battery holder I always use one red and one black wire so at least there is a chance the next guy won't blow himself up, or worse yet, the machine blows up.

#1144 5 years ago

Green means go, red means stop, so of course you want to cut the red, I mean the green one.

See there was no mystery of the Sniper movies I watched this weekend. You bring a drunken, slightly heavier Berenger back for one, and a balding but much more seasoned, confident Billy Zane back for the other. All in all a great three to four hours of entertainment.

What I like about Berenger in this series, is he looks like a dude who might have a short fuse, but he's as cool as a cucumber, and the nicest guy to everybody except those he shoots. I remember watching the first one when it came out. Some girl I was hanging with rented it on VHS. lol. Many moons ago. Looks like I still have three more to watch to complete the series

#1150 5 years ago

That's where the #1 rule of pinside came from.

roadhouse (resized).jpgroadhouse (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1155 5 years ago

Exterminator 2 from 1984 was on one of the HD Channels last night so we watched it. Had only seen the first Exterminator years ago.

Robert Ginty and Mario Van Peebles picking up right where they left off. Lots of great action and a good soundtrack. 8 popcorns.

1 month later
#1180 5 years ago

I finally watched the eighth installment of the F+F series "The Fate of the Furious"

They have turned this series into James Bond meets The Road Warrior. Although some of it is getting less and less believable, it is still a highly entertaining and action packed way to spend a couple hours with over the top stunts and special effects.

8 popcorns.

1 month later
#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You know how it goes - I’ll get to the movies to see it - oh shit, it’s finished - ok, I’ll rent the DVD - oh, it’s out - I’ll get it next time - what movie was that again? - oh, have you seen the new ___? - etc etc

I know how it goes, but I usually end up watching movies I had never considered watching before because they happen to come on some HBO or other channel that I am currently getting for free.

Case in point, I took in The People Vs. Larry Flynt the other night and it was pretty entertaining.

Another was "Captain Fantastic" from 2016 that had nothing to do with Elton John or the pinball game, but was a great story with Vigo Mortensen raising his children out in the wild until his wife dies and they have to take a road trip to attend her funeral and make things right.

Very entertaining, and well done. 8 popcorns

MV5BMjMxNjM3MjcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTcwNTkzOTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,666,500_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjMxNjM3MjcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTcwNTkzOTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,666,500_AL_ (resized).jpg

#1216 5 years ago

The classics keep on coming on Showtime and HBO. No wonder I don't pay for that service.

Last night it was "Sphere" from the 90s. It came on at a time I had nothing better to do. I think I took a short nap halfway thru it.

5 popcornies.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I remember when Sphere was on KTLA some years back. I'd never had seen it, so i started watching it. Watched it all the way through. Why?
It was such a train wreck that I just couldn't look away.

When it first started I was so hyped up I was about to start a Dustin Hoffman Vs. Al Pacino thread. By the time it ended, I was over that and ready to hit the bottle again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.