A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigduke6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1138 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ready Player One - 2 Popcorns
I was a fan of the book (I listenedd to the audiobook) and I was looking forward to the movie when I first heard it was happening. I was really excited when I heard that Speilberg would be directing. I announced to my wife that we would be seeing it in the theater - a rarity for us. When I saw the previews I was much less excited. I decided to skip the theater experience, but I liked the book enough that I thought I'd check out it out as soon as it was released to video. I rented the 4k UHD movie over the weekend, and I'm glad I didn't spend any more than $3 for the experience (thanks, Family Video!).
The whole movie just felt like it was made for tweens. I felt silly watching it. We started it late on Saturday night, and I actually fell asleep during the climax. We finished it on Sunday from where I started to doze off. I wanted to like this one, but it took a pretty inventive book and forced it into a form you've seen countless times.
John Papaduik is in it, so that's something.
Skip this one.

Exactly my experience. The audiobook was great. The crazy deep 80s trivia brought me back more than once. They watered it down so much it was like a bad cartoon, or much worse a boring cartoon. Sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigduke6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=bigduke6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.