A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#435 7 years ago

I am an animation nut from the old school. (Who cannot use the quote feature for the life of me)

I think one of the first movies or animated movies I ever saw was this one

https://www.google.com/search?q=fantastic+planet+movie&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Fantastic planet 1973 I was six when my mom brought me. You can imagine the way the rest of my life went.

Fantastically!

3 months later
#611 6 years ago

alien the original has fully stood the test of time for me.

I saw alien when it came out. I convinced my grandmother to take me and my brother. The poster helped. Vague but r rated. I was in 5th grade going into sixth. My friend had seen it but no spoilers from him. He just said beyond everything else. I needed to see it.

Then grandma took us me and my brother. He was in like 1st grade awesome.

The movie was like no other instantly, then that thing in the guy's face. The speed began.

When the chest burster scene occured it was cinema magic.

My grandma said Michael why did you take me to this?

My brother had his eyes covered.

I watched with my fingers gripping the chair. Until the end. And the lights came on.

That is movie magic. I don't think it will happen again. But who knows.

#616 6 years ago

For me the creature was the epitome of universal monsters. As a young child the others did not even remotely interest me. The suit is still amazing. What a creature.

#617 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#618 6 years ago

That creature, just look at his moves.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Speaking of '50s 3D movies, anyone else ever see It Came from Outer Space?

At a deadly pace it came from outer space.

#631 6 years ago

Children of men. Fewer movies have been made that good recently. You are in for a great movie. I envy you.

#632 6 years ago

I think I'll pop it in today later and watch it too. Children of men should not be missed.

#640 6 years ago

House of wax is awesome, the original.

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I have mixed emotions. I love the original and if it is like most re-bakes it will be a reason to use CGI.

Gosh I hope this Logan's run doesn't suck.

#648 6 years ago

I mean the original is so good, why bother even remaking it. That's my opinion.

#649 6 years ago

i remember being so excited as a child that the movie kept going.

So epic.

#650 6 years ago

This guy.

#652 6 years ago

Really they should try to make the new one hokey. But good.

Like with Simon peg as the friend. Who comes after him. It could be good.

#653 6 years ago

Sorry about the image? The high evolutionary. Why I'm not sure.

#655 6 years ago

Sorry the reason I placed the high evolutionary was that box from Logan's run was like a poor mans high evolutionary. My mind is all over the place.

#672 6 years ago

I think snl is pretty damn good right now. I have been watching since the 70s.

There is no apples to oranges here. But snl. Now is pretty good. For exactly what it is. I think they have a great thing right now. Looking forward to next season.

Plus these crazy ass times.

#673 6 years ago

I have never been on snl, has anyone else?

1 week later
#682 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I see what you're saying...it had its moments.
It was a huge flop in the US, but doing well overseas. When the smoke clears, it may cost Universal $90+ million. Hopefully Bride of Frankenstein (next up) and The Invisible Man will be better. Thankfully, Creature is down the line....

I'm going to catch the mummy at a theatre near me this week, Why not.

I need amusement, and they have a kiss in the lobby.

2 weeks later
#717 6 years ago

I thought children of men was stunning when I saw it several years ago. It just struck me correctly.

Apparently not just me it was nominated for 75 awards and won more than 40. Including oscars.

Then the director made gravity which I like but not as much. Im not sure what's next but I will watch.

I felt like children of men was hard to watch. At times. Not a happy place to be that future...

#724 6 years ago

Ten year old spoiler alert - I like that.

#725 6 years ago

Valerian 3 d is on the radar.

#732 6 years ago

Ok so last night. I had to watch the notebook instead of the new game of thrones. With my girlfriend.

I had never seen the notebook. I wanted to see the game of thrones.

(I'm going to watch that now, this morning.)

Note book was an epic love story eclipsed only by my own love stories.

right now, as we speak. My epic love story is unfolding.

As for the notebook, it was good. I kept thinking about how I will film what I write In my love story. Later.

I just thought I would share. I got to watch notebook instead of game of thrones. I made the best of it.

#748 6 years ago

Gif made me think of gojira the band which is playing somewhere small nearby in early August. Gojira would be cool.

#749 6 years ago

What great song. Ocean planet gojira

1 week later
#772 6 years ago

Movies. They no longer hold the appeal they once did. After my stroke and 3 brain surgeries. My entertainment tastes have changed.

I can't watch a bunch of movies like I once did. I don't even want to. Cycles.

Anyways the movie club. Maybe I can come back, someday. I hope.

8 months later
#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Saw A Quiet Place. OMG...it was just an extended version of my film The Deadly Spawn! Monsters from space with teeth can't see, but only react to sound. People in the basement. Sheesh!

I saw deadly spawn when it came out and loved it.

These too.

#1056 6 years ago

1 week later
#1064 5 years ago

So many great superman comics but far fewer good movies.

You should read this if you haven't.

#1072 5 years ago

If you are a horror fan I give this 9 pop corns. It may be a ten to me. I can't say anything more about the plot period.

This is not campy horror.

5 months later
#1196 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ouch, that sounds painful. I do hate talking something up, only to realize it hasn't aged well. That happened to me pretty recently, but I can't remember what it was.

Thanks for pointing out he had done all 3 of those. I've seen both Arrival and Sicario and loved them. The only reason I haven't seen 2049 is because I'm still waiting on my wife to watch the original. It's nice to know that there's a common force behind them that I can explore a little further!

My fiancée Veronika can’t really enjoy any of my favorite horror movies.

She would feel the same about dune I’m sure.

Like phantasm. Or re animator.

She didn’t like them I love them.

1 week later
#1198 5 years ago

Side note, I had the fortune of seeing queen live on the hammer to fall tour.

It was very good, billy squire opened up on his biggest album.

Good times.

1 year later
#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anyone see the Cube trilogy? Any good?
[quoted image]

The first cube, just turn that on now. You will like it I’m sure.

2 months later
#1343 3 years ago

We just watched "Us".
I wasnt over the moon about Get Out, probably mostly because a friend recommended it, and then compared it to another movie I had seen, completely ruining it for me... the movie itself was well done, it just didnt really shock me since I had a pretty good idea about what I was watching.
Us on the other hand, I had no idea what to expect. The premise as portrayed in the trailers confused me. How are they going to explain this? The movie just never really answered important questions for me. It tried to address some of them, but enjoy that only made it worse.
I saw this movie has a 93 on rotten tomatoes. I really have no idea how. I give it 2 popcorns. It would be a 1 if it weren't at least well produced. But in my mind its still just a well produced horrible movie..

I did not enjoy "us". I did enjoy "get out".

There was something about it. There was an early point where the whole thing went south for me.

It was pretty and ambitious. But I would have made it more of a real bloodbath, myself...

1 year later
#1368 2 years ago

Get out was decent. Us? Awful.

Me too. Us started great IMO but became lost to me very quickly.

I just did not like the direction they took. I would have made the doppelgängers more evil. In action on the screen…

Those others would have annihilated the family. IMO. You can have my blu ray.

I am excited about candy man.

4 months later
#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

A fitting end to the Daniel Craig Era. Good villains, characters had proper motivations. A fine James Bond movie. Worth your time.

Accurate. Definitely top half of Bond films. Any list that has Skyfall out of the top five is a bad list.

7.5 popcorns outta 10. Worth your time if you like James Bond.

I really enjoyed the film and I saw it at the theater, which was the way to go.

But it really seems like they ended the franchise as we know it. I don’t mind change but I this seems more like finality. Or inevitable finality. I guess reboot is next? Reframing the whole thing?

I would remake live and let die if I could.

Just for fun.

Digression over.

785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg
#1438 2 years ago

Agree. Right down to perhaps the most memorable theme. IMO.

5 months later
#1498 1 year ago

Slightly off topic about going to the actual theater…

So I went with some friends to see Jurassic park dominion recently.
I have never experienced such a loud crowd. Kids not told to be quiet. Part of a 25-30 person family party.

I was friendly to the manager, but I told him, I’ll need a refund or something. 4 passes then given.

It was pretty bad to the point I am not going back to any theater for a very long time. I will use the passes, but I’m buying a new sound bar and then staying home for about a year.

Rant almost over.
It’s too bad, but I had never heard a more rude crowd. Never want to again.

I’m 54 and been going to theaters since I was five. I think my very first film was 2001 a space odyssey at five years old. I was somehow able to be quiet. Shake the magic eight ball and try again later…

3 months later
#1501 1 year ago

Good stuff. I have learned that I personally have many things in common with Chris gore. And I like that.

One interesting thing is seeing 2001 a space oddity at five years old in the theater.
As well as Star Wars and some others.

I didn’t understand what I was watching at the time, but I have since realized this was a significant event in my life. Cinema itself had become significant. And then repeated itself.

So important film. I digress. Take care all.

2 weeks later
#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Been watching a fair share of horror this holiday season but this one takes the cake.[quoted image]

Tomorrow night I’m seeing barberian.

#1516 1 year ago

I’ve started giving away certain dvd titles as gifts as I replace them with blu ray.

#1517 1 year ago

Recently, trick r treat and zombi.

1 year later
#1559 4 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

"Ecstacy of Order: The Tetris Masters"
Caught this streaming on Documentary+
Having watched the Tetris World Championships live at PRGE, it was really interesting hearing the stories behind some of the masters. This documentary brings together all the world record holders for a competition. The movie builds up Thor Aackerlund as a kind of protagonist. He won one of the original Nintendo World Championships in 1990 playing NES Tetris, but then disappeared from the scene. What happend? And after 20 years, will he show up for the competition? Will his old skills hold up against the new record holders? You have to watch to find out.
Other similar documentaries / If you liked these... The King of Kong, Free to Play

I felt “special when lit” had this vibe too.

It is my favorite pinball movie.

2 weeks later
#1568 3 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I watched "Leave the World Behind" over the holidays. The trailer made it look like an action-filled sci-fi, but it's actually mostly dialog and suspense. The suspense and story build up is good. But the ending is a lazy cop-out. None of the questions and suspense that is built up is answered. So if you want to watch an imagine-your-own ending movie, this might be for you. But I'm not a fan of these leaving-you-wonder. I'm rating this one "unsatisfying".
I caught another one that you can file under that rating too, "Z for Zachariah". It felt like a cheap made-for-TV / made-for-streaming movie, but I'm a bit of a sucker for the post-apocalyptic plot lines and it seemed like it was building up to something so I kept watching. But nope, not really: kind of ends in the middle just when something interesting happens. You can write your own ending for this one too, because the author's were too lazy again, ha.

I would enjoy my time added back into to my life that I used to watch this propaganda. for at least two reasons.
But I guess I’m glad I watched it so I can adequately discuss it.

1 month later
#1571 66 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If you are a fan of the classic Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart(10 out of 10 pops) then you may enjoy another Humphrey movie from the essential collection.
1951- The African Queen. I give this one 8 out of 10 pops for the suspense and classic plot. A memorable movie that leaves a lasting impression.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_African_Queen_(film)
[quoted image]

I am planning on watching that entire series on my new apartment complex private theater.
Very nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.