A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-Bee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1148 5 years ago

Road House (1989)

I had never seen it before, so it was a blast to watch! Truly a time capsule back to the 80's, and entertaining from start to finish. Usually I'm not a big fan of fight scenes, but these were all great

8 popcorns

roadhousestill70 (resized).jpgroadhousestill70 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

One of the strangest movies ever. Really good though.

I dont get what people think is really good about the movie Under the Skin. Is it just the artsy visuals? Because story wise, nothing really happens until the very end. I dont mind slow burning movies, but this is taking it to a whole new level! At one third into the movie I realised that almost every scene would be stretched way too long.

Yes, the movie sticks in your mind after seeing it, but not in a good way! You can interpret everything the way you want to, because nothing is explained (or makes sense for that matter).

1 week later
#1194 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s how I sort of judge movies - if you’re still thinking about it a few days later, you were engaged somehow by the film.
Whereas most movies, you walk out of the cinema, you’ve had your 2 hours of entertainment, and never think about it again...
rd

I understand, but thinking about a movie because it has shocking scenes doesnt make a movie good imo.

2 weeks later
#1200 5 years ago

Just re-watched A Bridge Too Far (1977) and The Longest Day (1962). Hadnt seen them since I was 10, but im really impressed how well they hold up today! It took me by surprise just how exciting these movies still are. I expected to be a bit bored, but this was not at all the case.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-Bee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread?tu=G-Bee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.