D51B6809-6011-455D-A09D-90AE26916E62 (resized).png
A5BC2AD8-7905-49AD-ACB3-5BD2CBBA6BF8 (resized).jpeg
093D62DD-FD04-490B-A775-04E82E2FA3A1 (resized).jpeg
3CB6002D-27B1-4343-961D-4976B4B0723A (resized).jpeg
F1330ED4-4F23-426B-944C-110209CCA42F (resized).jpeg
4AB77CAB-476F-42DE-94A4-3026E1FDE685 (resized).jpeg
2872DAEA-BEEE-4E12-9DC3-392E1CA26112 (resized).jpeg
4A758490-D13D-4053-B1C8-DC4D3B811CA8 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,520 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 48 days ago

Good stuff. I have learned that I personally have many things in common with Chris gore. And I like that.

One interesting thing is seeing 2001 a space oddity at five years old in the theater.
As well as Star Wars and some others.

I didn’t understand what I was watching at the time, but I have since realized this was a significant event in my life. Cinema itself had become significant. And then repeated itself.

So important film. I digress. Take care all.

#1502 48 days ago

Watched Halloween Ends last night. At least I think it was a Halloween film….not impressed with the plot and gotta say it was quite underwhelming . Michael was barely in it. No spoilers, but what the hell did I just watch?

1 week later
#1503 35 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Michael was barely in it. No spoilers, but what the hell did I just watch?

Diddo-WTF? It was a hot mess and the Judith Myers writing a journal entry was agonizing. Michael was in the movie for like 5 minutes total? I was really disappointed and I give it a 1 out of 10 pops. Stick a fork in it-because it is officially done. "Evil changes shape" -serious? This is not a one palm face moment-but a two palm face moment.

Let's talk about some other great movies that I purchased on DVD recently...

First is Sean Connery and Catherine Zeta Jones in the movie Entrapment. The chemistry with these two has a great presence and the suspense keeps you interested until the very end. I give this one a 8 out of 10 pops

Second is L.A. Confidential. Wow what a great film! I usually do not rate a movie a 10 but this one deserves it. The cinematography, actors/actresses and plot were all fantastic. A true Hollywood film that can compete with some of the classics. Highly recommend-10 out of 10 pops!
Entrapment (resized).jpgL.A. Confidential (resized).jpg

#1504 35 days ago

DVD... now that's a word I haven't heard since.. oh, before you were born.

#1505 35 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Watched Halloween Ends last night. At least I think it was a Halloween film….not impressed with the plot and gotta say it was quite underwhelming . Michael was barely in it. No spoilers, but what the hell did I just watch?

Just watched it. As another Halloween/Slasher movie in the franchise, I thought it was fine. However, as the final chapter in the Michael Meyers story... what the hell were they thinking? It feels like they bought this script and were told to shove Michael Meyers into it in the final hour.

#1506 35 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

DVD... now that's a word I haven't heard since.. oh, before you were born

Yes I have a massive DVD collection and continue to grow my collection. I think I have every 80's movie ever made

People say why have DVD's when you can just stream? I laugh at them because often times you have to pay to stream or find a platform that has the movie I want to watch. Or I could just go to my movie cabinet and grab it to watch. I do not collect Blu-Ray-waste of money and I am unable to notice the difference in video/audio.

#1507 35 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I have a massive DVD collection and continue to grow my collection. I think I have every 80's movie ever made
People say why have DVD's when you can just stream? I laugh at them because often times you have to pay to stream or find a platform that has the movie I want to watch. Or I could just go to my movie cabinet and grab it to watch. I do not collect Blu-Ray-waste of money and I am unable to notice the difference in video/audio.

I agreed with your post up until you dismissed Blu Ray. The picture quality is much better. Maybe you need a better T.V. to watch them on.
Admittedly, when Blu Rays came out they weren't that great, but they're a lot better now. But then again I remember a lot of early DVD's I bought that were just awful (Artifacting, sound would drop out of sync, cropped wide screen movies). But I've held onto most of my DVD's. There are several that have never come out on other formats.

#1508 35 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Um, no. Blu-Ray is much better.

But I do enjoy my own collection too!

#1509 34 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Um, no. Blu-Ray is much better

I am a huge Sony fan and I got suckered into the whole Blu-Ray scheme when it was launched. Movies like Avatar and any super hero action film felt more immersive with bright fluidity and improved orchestrated sounds. Now this is back in the day when TV technology was just taking hold. Fast forward to today with the 4k, 120hz, etc. and I find that the quality of Blu-Ray DVDs are not as noticeable anymore to me like they used to be. Basically technology has caught up now.

I buy my DVD's mainly from a second hand reseller chain called Second and Charles. Most DVD's cost between $4-$7. We have a super hero section, a Disney movie section, a horror collection, 007 collection, 80's collection, TV-Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Curb your Enthusiasm, 24, CSI, LOST, GOT and too many to list. I enjoy collecting DVD's and hunting for certain titles to add to the collection.

#1510 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I had about a hundred dvd's/blu-rays on 2 vertical shelves, then I moved.. I got rid of most of them (only kept the blu-rays and hard to find dvds). With SO much media (theater movies, streaming service movies, massive amount of TV shows) I find that I rarely ever go back and re-watch stuff like I used to.

#1511 34 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

With SO much media (theater movies, streaming service movies, massive amount of TV shows) I find that I rarely ever go back and re-watch stuff like I used to.

I must be getting old because most of the media today does not entertain me much. I find myself watching Arrested Development and Seinfeld often. The last TV series to really get my juices flowing was Mandalorian and Game of Thrones. Sometimes I will just throw in a classic like The Burbs, Fletch, Caddyshack just to buy some time. These classics never get old for me-I am stuck in the 80s and cool with it

#1512 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I must be getting old because most of the media today does not entertain me much. I find myself watching Arrested Development and Seinfeld often. The last TV series to really get my juices flowing was Mandalorian and Game of Thrones. Sometimes I will just throw in a classic like The Burbs, Fletch, Caddyshack just to buy some time. These classics never get old for me-I am stuck in the 80s and cool with it

There's defiantly a lack of good new content and way to many "Remakes" or "Reboots".
I've been adding to my collection of physical media thru shopping at Goodwill, Savers and Book-off. Ocasionally I find copies of movies that aren't even open at Goodwill (usually donated from Target)
I recently just acquired the full four seasons of Farscape on DVD and I'm finally getting back to rewatching what I had watched and finishing the series.

#1513 33 days ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

There's defiantly a lack of good new content and way to many "Remakes" or "Reboots".
I've been adding to my collection of physical media thru shopping at Goodwill, Savers and Book-off. Ocasionally I find copies of movies that aren't even open at Goodwill (usually donated from Target)
I recently just acquired the full four seasons of Farscape on DVD and I'm finally getting back to rewatching what I had watched and finishing the series.

Loved Farscape! Been looking for a sexy plant ever since!

#1514 32 days ago

Been watching a fair share of horror this holiday season but this one takes the cake.

barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
#1515 32 days ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Been watching a fair share of horror this holiday season but this one takes the cake.[quoted image]

Tomorrow night I’m seeing barberian.

#1516 32 days ago

I’ve started giving away certain dvd titles as gifts as I replace them with blu ray.

#1517 32 days ago

Recently, trick r treat and zombi.

#1518 27 days ago

The Weird Al movie on Roku was really funny. A solid 8/10 if you're familiar with him at all. Or probably even if you're not.

2 weeks later
#1519 8 days ago

watched Slumberland last night, it was a fun kid movie right up there with Little Monsters or Drop dead fred

#1520 4 days ago

I went to see “The Menu” with family.

Pretty average and predictable. Not my kind of film. My wife said I blew a raspberry in the middle of the movie and she knew I was bored.

There are 1,520 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!