2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,271 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC126E57-941E-48FD-B645-0EBF90FA69CD (resized).jpeg
B523937B-F5E0-4A4F-8690-10CC892BF087 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
MV5BMjMxNjM3MjcyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTcwNTkzOTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,666,500_AL_ (resized).jpg
Frankenstein Legacy Collection (resized).jpg
roadhouse (resized).jpg
roadhousestill70 (resized).jpg
E6DA8C8F-666C-4E18-A774-A099FC327F28 (resized).jpeg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_103 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_102 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_078 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_055 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_054 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_030 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_033 (resized).jpg
Candid Monsters Volume 2 _Page_021 (resized).jpg

There are 1271 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.
#1251 55 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Following up on Scandinavian stuff - even though this is the movies thread, I want to recommend a Danish/Swedish TV series called “the bridge”. Or Bron-Broen back in Denmark/Sweden.
Really good series - each series follows one story all the way through. The first one has a body found on “the bridge” between Copenhagen and Malmo, which is joint jurisdiction of Denmark and Sweden. Enter Saga, a female detective from Sweden who has some form of autism, and her Denmark male counterparts.
The series has been shown in over 100 countries.
You can get it on DVD, or it’s on the web if you want to search for it. Make sure to get the BBC version with the English subtitles.
One of the better TV series I can recall. Keeps you going right to the last episode of each series.
rd[quoted image]

Going to check this out, thanks!

#1252 55 days ago

Guys, the wrassler movie was awesome!

#1253 55 days ago
Quoted from neemypeemy:

Going to check this out, thanks!

Worth the effort.

I would really recommend watching as many episodes as you can per session, as the story twists and turns a lot and with the subtitles if you start texting or something, you’re gonna get lost ...

rd

#1254 55 days ago

Watched both of these this week. Liked em...so sharing..I'll go 8 popcorns each...

Shoplifters
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8075192/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Lucky
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5859238/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

#1255 54 days ago

Alita was good, but not excellent! 3D is a must!

#1256 49 days ago

Green Book

Finally saw this in the weekend. Hey - I’ve been busy.

Really liked it. Good road movie, a few laughs, some good interplay between the characters ... sort of a Shawshank vibe about it, I thought.

I’m going 8 popcorns.

Fiona went 9! Boooom. “Straight to my top 5!” Lol

Enjoyable movie.

rd

1 week later
#1257 41 days ago

We went a saw Captain Marvel last night. It's not the greatest superhero movie but we all thought it was pretty good. Yes, she appears to be "over-powered" and seemingly invincible, but it was entertaining none the less. Still has that classic Marvel humor which is always pretty good.

I know nearly invincible super hero's turn a lot of people off...but honestly I'm kind of drawn to them. One of my all time favorites is Dr. Manhatten. A character more powerful than any other character ever. For all intents and purposes, he is a god. And let's face it...if we were ever to acquire superpowers ourselves we wouldn't want any weaknesses.

#1258 41 days ago

Watched the latest Jurassic Park, we were in Hawaii and visited the park where they were filming it, it was cool to recognize background scenes while watching it but man was it a horrible movie, so predictable, just bad. I would give it 3 popcorns.

#1259 40 days ago

Greta

Hit Girl Chloe Grace Moretz finds a handbag on the NY subway, and decides to return it to its owner, Greta. Ends stressfully.

Not a bad movie - nothing groundbreaking, but it’s entertaining enough, in a B+ movie way. Good to watch on a plane trip.

6 popcorns.

rd

#1260 40 days ago

Watched the latest Jurassic Park, we were in Hawaii and visited the park where they were filming it, it was cool to recognize background scenes while watching it but man was it a horrible movie, so predictable, just bad. I would give it 3 popcorns.
</blockquo

Did you visit while they were filming it? We rode dune buggys through and around the area where the herds of dinos ran them down. Funny, they removed the tree that they hid behind in the movie and put it somewhere else.

#1261 40 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We went a saw Captain Marvel last night. It's not the greatest superhero movie but we all thought it was pretty good. Yes, she appears to be "over-powered" and seemingly invincible, but it was entertaining none the less. Still has that classic Marvel humor which is always pretty good.
I know nearly invincible super hero's turn a lot of people off...but honestly I'm kind of drawn to them. One of my all time favorites is Dr. Manhatten. A character more powerful than any other character ever. For all intents and purposes, he is a god. And let's face it...if we were ever to acquire superpowers ourselves we wouldn't want any weaknesses.

I want a Flerken. That thing was awesome. BTW does anyone know why they made the Skrulls refugees instead of the evil bad guys?

#1262 40 days ago

I guess the same reason they made Captain Marvel a girl....
...and I want a Flerken too...

#1263 40 days ago

Documentary watches!

Free Solo - 8/10 popcorns

This one was gripping. It does meander a little bit, but the nuts and bolts of the story are there, and the mentality to do something like this is just incomprehensible. I was captivated enough that I watched a couple of other climbing docs that were on my netflix queue...

The Dawn Wall - 6/10 popcorns

Not a bad doc, but after watching Free Solo, the stakes didn't feel nearly as high.

Valley Uprising - 7/10 popcorns

An interesting look at how rock climbing got its start in the first place. There are some interesting stories to be had, and a first glimpse at the character that stars in Free Solo.

Minding the Gap - 9/10 popcorns

This one is pretty incredible. It follows a group of skateboarders as they make their way from adolescence into adulthood. I was really surprised at how well this first time filmmaker did in capturing tone. I didn't actually believe that he was the actual filmmaker, and thought maybe he was used as more of a plot device. Nope, just a really talented kid.

#1264 39 days ago

Kudos to Captain Marvel movie for the pinball cameo (great choice too). The most screen time for a machine (and most creative use) I have seen in a while!

#1265 39 days ago

Have you ever played a space invaders pin? Its terrible.

#1266 39 days ago

Am I the only one wondering if Captain Marvel got her kit off?

#1267 39 days ago

Destroyer

Holyyyy. You wouldn’t even know it’s Nicole Kidman in the lead role. She plays a down and out Los Angeles detective, tracking down a perp from a undercover job gone bad from her past.

Mix in family issues and informer handjobs (!) and you’ve got a pretty gritty movie.

The movie chops and changes its time frames between present time and the undercover job, but eventually it all comes together and the story unfolds.

A slow burner Arthouse style movie, but worthwhile watching.

7.5 popcorns

rd

1 week later
#1268 31 days ago

This looks promising ...

1 week later
#1269 19 days ago

Den Skyldige
(The Guilty)

This Danish movie won the audience choice award at Sundance. All in Danish with subtitles.

It’s set entirely inside 2 rooms at the Copenhagen police call centre. The main character takes 911 calls, one of which turns into an abduction - or does it? You’ll have to watch it to find out! There’s also a backstory threading its way through the movie which adds some intrigue.

What’s fascinating about this movie - it’s all in 2 rooms, probably only one camera, minimal props, probably a $12.50 budget - yet it was 10x more interesting and engaging to me than Captain Marvel that I left 2/3rds of the way through last week.

Full disclosure on that - I got a call to an emergency 2/3rds though it, and had to bail - but I was bored shitless anyway, so no loss. Those movies are coming out so thick and fast these days, they’re all blurring into one.

So, Den Skyldige - well worth seeing. If you want explosions or car chases, avoid! Lol. But if you want an example of some clever filmmaking that keeps you interested till the end ... seek it out.

8 popcorns.
Phone peeks - 0

rd

#1270 16 days ago

I saw unplanned last night. I cried. Im a 51 year old man and I cried.

#1271 10 days ago

Hotel Mumbai

Wow.

Based on the true story of the Mumbai (India) terrorist attacks in 2008.

Centres around the staff and guests of the Taj Hotel which was the final target in the attacks.

Pretty harrowing watching ... but technically done very well, you really feel the terror of the characters as the terrorists stalk the hotel shooting anything that moves.

Not for the faint hearted ...

8 popcorns.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 12.00
$ 24.00
$ 109.99
$ 8,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 1271 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside