A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from regulardaddy:

She was already dead, Teddy put it in neutral and rolled it in. Joe took care of the rest.

His two brothers were great, Ted was a piece of shit

#1052 6 years ago

Watched Snowman ....not that good....

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

New Ghostbusters

Quoted from spfxted:

Girl On A Train

Quoted from spfxted:

A Wrinkle In Time

I'm sorry Ted but I'm really starting to question your decision making.

#1054 6 years ago

wait....I said those films were blah!
.......and WHY THE HELL are Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and In Search Of the Castaways not on Blu Ray???

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Saw A Quiet Place. OMG...it was just an extended version of my film The Deadly Spawn! Monsters from space with teeth can't see, but only react to sound. People in the basement. Sheesh!

I saw deadly spawn when it came out and loved it.

These too.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1056 6 years ago

#1057 6 years ago

Wow! The good ol' days!

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Watched Snowman ....not that good....

Did you watch the other Jo Nesbo movies? Jackpot and Headhunter.

Both Norwegian movies, very good.

Interesting.. I just looked them up on RT (because that’s the centre of the movie universe these days lol) and they have average ratings.

Maybe they’re too slow paced for American audiences? Like Snowman was. Dunno. No question that different countries have different tastes in movies.

And let’s face it ... we all know, at the end of the day, there is only ONE Snowman ....

rd

CA4C9A67-687F-4524-B7C8-EAC6A4DED23D.gifCA4C9A67-687F-4524-B7C8-EAC6A4DED23D.gif

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

wait....I said those films were blah!

To be fair you did...but you went and saw them in the first place...

This coming from the guy who watched "The Titan"...but then again I had no clue that it was likely horrible going in.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A Quiet Place
Quite enjoyed it - amazing how so few words the characters hardly speak..

Yea, the sound of popcorn being chewed was louder then the film. This movie was interesting and different. The scene with the mom in the bathtub was intense! However, there were many unanswered questions for me, and the ending did not work. Because of the poor ending only 6 popcorns.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Yea, the sound of popcorn being chewed was louder then the film. This movie was interesting and different. The scene with the mom in the bathtub was intense! However, there were many unanswered questions for me, and the ending did not work. Because of the poor ending only 6 popcorns.

I got the biggest laugh in the film. In the theatre someone sneezed! I yelled out, "What's the matter with you?! Shhhhhhhhhh!!!" The place went crazy!

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I got the biggest laugh in the film. In the theatre someone sneezed! I yelled out, "What's the matter with you?! Shhhhhhhhhh!!!" The place went crazy!

We went with another couple and the one ladys cell phone started ringing when they were walking thru the woods in the sand, she turned it off after only one ring, but after the movie she said she was sorry for getting us all killed.

#1063 6 years ago

Just a reminder, Superman is turning 80...
Superman (resized).jpgSuperman (resized).jpg
... and this December Superman the movie turns 40.

#Superman80

1 week later
#1064 5 years ago

So many great superman comics but far fewer good movies.

You should read this if you haven't.

#1065 5 years ago

anyone seen Infinity Wars? Its amazing but everyone dies. Im certain everyone will come back one way or the other.

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

anyone seen Infinity Wars? Its amazing but everyone dies. Im certain everyone will come back one way or the other.

There's a whole separate "Infinity Wars" thread. Great movie. This was only part 1 so obviously those characters aren't going to remain dead. 9 popcorns

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

So many great superman comics but far fewer good movies.
You should read this if you haven't.

From back in the days when Superman looked like ...Superman!

#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

There's a whole separate "Infinity Wars" thread. Great movie. This was only part 1 so obviously those characters aren't going to remain dead. 9 popcorns

Dr Strange has somehow set the time stone to reverse time or so I was told by the manager of the theatre.

#1069 5 years ago

Infinity Wars

I was sorta worried this movie would be a total cluster, what with 100 different superheroes all running around the place.

But where Justice League failed - this delivers.

Somehow they’ve made it all work. And it’s funny as well. The GOTG characters all deliver, they’re probably the best thing in the movie.

Thanos is the villain - a super keen eco warrior (think about it ... that’s what he is..) who is somewhat misguided. But unlike most recent superhero movies, his character is well developed and you sorta see where he’s coming from. Unlike the usual “I want to smash shit ... because!” dudes you get served up.

Overall - maybe Marvels best?

Check the Phone time - none!
Popcorns - 9

rd

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah, that the case. It said on the whiteboard that they were armoured.
But a shotgun blast might knock them back for 30 seconds ...
They sure were fast fuckers though! Let’s hope that never really happens, I can’t run as fast as those things.
rd

Very late to respond to this, but I'd assume that carrying a shotgun around with you would be quite a liability when you're trying to be silent.

Anyways, I saw a couple movies over the past month, so time to leave some reviews!

First was Best F(r)iends starring Greg Sestero and of course the infamous Tommy Wiseau! I really enjoyed it. It's a two part film, and only part 1 has been released so far, so I don't know the full plot yet, however part 1 itself was quite intriguing and I'll definitely be seeing part 2 in theaters. The performances from the actors were great, and the rolls were written perfectly for their respective actors, it really made the kind of insane characters feel incredibly believable. Some scenes felt a little amateur, and the audio balancing seemed off at times, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the film. The movie itself was a little artsy and hipstery, and definitely is not for everyone, however if the trailers seem interesting to you then I'd recommend trying it. I saw it with two friends, one thought it was great, the other thought it was terrible, but they both enjoyed it and had a great time.

Next was A Quiet Place. What an incredible film. There's not too many movies I've seen that I'd flat say "that was a 10/10", but I think A Quiet Place would be one of them. It's so interesting and innovative. It does so much with so little. The world is built perfectly, made me feel incredibly intrigued right off the bat. The audio is done so, so well, it absolutely blew me away. Highly recommend seeing it in theaters while it's still in them.

Now that's enough movies for me for a long time, outside of Best F(r)iends part 2 there's nothing else I plan on seeing this year.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Infinity Wars
I was sorta worried this movie would be a total cluster, what with 100 different superheroes all running around the place.
But where Justice League failed - this delivers.
Somehow they’ve made it all work. And it’s funny as well. The GOTG characters all deliver, they’re probably the best thing in the movie.
Thanos is the villain - a super keen eco warrior (think about it ... that’s what he is..) who is somewhat misguided. But unlike most recent superhero movies, his character is well developed and you sorta see where he’s coming from. Unlike the usual “I want to smash shit ... because!” dudes you get served up.
Overall - maybe Marvels best?
Check the Phone time - none!
Popcorns - 9
rd

Don't know why they did the eco warrior thing. Thanos always wanted to kill half the life forms in the universe but it was because he was in love with death. He wanted to get her attention.

#1072 5 years ago

If you are a horror fan I give this 9 pop corns. It may be a ten to me. I can't say anything more about the plot period.

This is not campy horror.

#1073 5 years ago

Chappaquiddick

I don't know how true this film is.. If it is true, Ted was a dick. If the voters had watched this movie, there's no way he's elected.
The movie is OK, it provides more information then entertainment. The movie shows what privilege can do, and as an average Joe you feel a bit pissed off.
5 Popcorns

#1075 5 years ago

Borg vs McEnroe - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5727282/

Excellent film. Did a great job of diving deep into the men that made Tennis so exciting in 1980.

As a film, it is a solid 7 popcorn movie. It's character driven, so if that is not your kind of movie, you will not hold it in as high regard as I do.
As a sports film, it is a solid 9 popcorn movie for me.

Sverrir Gudnason is amazing a Bjorn Borg. He makes the movie. A lesser actor would have caused tremendous damage to the story. But Sverrir is not a lesser actor.

Shia Lebouf actually does a great job portraying McEnroe. His performance humanized McEnroe and allowed the viewer to see beyond "the brat" persona.

Highly recommend.

Marcus

#1076 5 years ago

Last Flag Flying - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6018306/

This is a somber movie that highlights three fantastic acting performances. Steve Carell once again demonstrates incredible dramatic chops as he plays the role of a father who is on a trip to collect the body of his Marine Son who gave the ultimate sacrifice. On the way, he collects two friends from his Vietnam War tour. Bryan Cranston plays Sal, the half irish owner of a Bar and Laurence Fishburne plays Mueller, a pastor with a wild man past.

While these three offer some great comedic moments, their dramatic turns are what make this film such a treat.

The subject matter is not for children. But this is an excellent movie to show young adults as it will stimulate plenty of conversation after the movie.

I give this movie a solid 7.5 Popcorns.

Marcus

#1077 5 years ago

So I finally watched ICARUS - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/icarus_2017/

Popcorns - 10 (that might be my first 10 on here)

I enjoy a good documentary from time to time...this was a GREAT documentary. It's about drug doping in the Olympics but the way this movie starts out vs where it ends up is simply mind blowing.

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That’s a pretty big spoiler right there.

What a cock

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

That’s a pretty big spoiler right there.
What a cock

Why thank you very much. I have never been called a cock before, asshole yes. If you didn’t know that a large number of the heroes die by now you have not been paying attention. Most of the things written about the movie tell you this. I did not say who dies and how and who lives. I’ll will you another secret. Nick Fury says mother fucker, surprise. Seriously, the movie stepped took Marvel movies to another level. The different characters from the various movies meshed quite well. There were some personality conflicts that led to some funny situations and some very funny lines including a reference to Harry Potter. There is so much to this movie you could go on and on. I was impressed.

#1080 5 years ago

Just saw it! The Good: 3D Imax was pretty damn good. Story was fun. Well written. The Bad: I hate movies like this where you know exactly what is going to happen! Still a fun ride!

Just so you know what I'm talking about....episodes of CSI or Castle or Blacklist or Blindspot or whatever where one of the lead characters is either kidnapped or threatened with death. You know they ain't gonna croak, so it takes all the suspense away for me.....

#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why thank you very much. I have never been called a cock before, asshole yes. If you didn’t know that a large number of the heroes die by now you have not been paying attention. Most of the things written about the movie tell you this. I did not say who dies and how and who lives. I’ll will you another secret. Nick Fury says mother fucker, surprise. Seriously, the movie stepped took Marvel movies to another level. The different characters from the various movies meshed quite well. There were some personality conflicts that led to some funny situations and some very funny lines including a reference to Harry Potter. There is so much to this movie you could go on and on. I was impressed.

Hmmm.

Yeah na, I don’t know what places you’ve read things, but if what you’ve read said that multiple characters die then that’s well shit.

I haven’t read or heard any reviews that even hint at characters dying. They’ve all danced around anything major. I had a hunch that they did but just a hunch.

Saying that all the characters died is a fucking big spoiler. I don’t care if you didn’t say who and it hasn’t even been out a week.

Yup. What a fucking bellend.

1 week later
#1082 5 years ago

The Breaker Upperers

Promoted as a hit at its SXSW premiere, this is a NZ made movie co-produced by Taika Waititi (Thor Ragnarok, What we do in the Shadows)

It’s basically a light weight comedy about two female friends who break up couples for a living, on behalf of one of the couple.

While there’s a few laughs here and there, the movie soon falls into an all-too-familiar plot line and the yawns start.

Maybe a good inoffensive movie to take a date to ... but overall, pretty boring and formulaic.

3 Popcorns.

rd

#1083 5 years ago

I have the DVD of The Disaster Artist to watch.

So before we watched that, I thought it’d be a good idea if we all watched The Room so we all knew what it was about.

The girls lasted 17 minutes before they’d had enough and bailed.

rd

E593B23F-928A-49CC-89B5-EDBDAFDF4D20 (resized).jpegE593B23F-928A-49CC-89B5-EDBDAFDF4D20 (resized).jpeg

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have the DVD of The Disaster Artist to watch.
So before we watched that, I thought it’d be a good idea if we all watched The Room so we all knew what it was about.
The girls lasted 17 minutes before they’d had enough and bailed.
rd

I read the Disaster Artist novel and it was fantastic.

The movie adaption was pretty faithful, there were some interesting parts in the book that were cut from the movie that I wish would have been included, and some stuff in the movie that was a bit over dramaticised from what really happened, but nothing that functionally changes the story, just a way to give it more on-screen appeal.

Definitely my favorite film from last year, enjoy!

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I read the Disaster Artist novel and it was fantastic.
The movie adaption was pretty faithful, there were some interesting parts in the book that were cut from the movie that I wish would have been included, and some stuff in the movie that was a bit over dramaticised from what really happened, but nothing that functionally changes the story, just a way to give it more on-screen appeal.
Definitely my favorite film from last year, enjoy!

Have you seen The Room?

rd

#1086 5 years ago

Life of the Party

7 Bags of Corn. Many drinks beforehand are required to really appreciate it.

Melissa McCarthy makes me laugh just looking at her.

Bridesmaids 10 bags!

#1087 5 years ago

Silence of the Lambs

11 Bags of corn. Top 5 movie ever for me.

#1088 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you seen The Room?
rd

Only in pieces, I'm not lucky enough to have seen the film all the way through.

I definitely intend to purchase the blu-ray next time I'm doing online shopping though.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Life of the Party
7 Bags of Corn. Many drinks beforehand are required to really appreciate it.
Bridesmaids 10 bags!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh

She’s so un-funny I don’t know what to say ...

Obviously some people do find her funny cause they keep churning out those B grade movies. Always a market for everything!

rd

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

She’s so un-funny I don’t know what to say ...

Say it ain't so RD.......If you can't laugh at Bridesmaids I really don't know what to say

Spy was an excellent movie too, along with St. Vincent.

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Say it ain't so RD.......If you can't laugh at Bridesmaids I really don't know what to say

From memory, I laughed once — when the chick shat her pants when she ran across the road. The rest of it was very disappointing.

People have different senses of humour - if you saw what I laughed at, you’d probably scratch your head. Lol

rd

#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

She could very well be the funniest female comedian of all time

#1093 5 years ago

Well, I’ve made it to half way of The Room.

It’s like watching a day time soap opera - but with even worse plot and acting. Lol

I dare you to watch this The Room clip right to the end.

rd

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

She could very well be the funniest female comedian of all time

Hilarious on SNL, don't forget the Sean "Spicey" skits!

The female Tommy Boy

#1096 5 years ago

Man, it was pretty bad.

Up there with Melissa McCarthy movies.

Movie rating - 1 popcorn. Actually, that could be generous.

Bad movie rating - off the charts.

Soooo many bad lines. Maybe a record number!

rd

#1097 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Only in pieces, I'm not lucky enough to have seen the film all the way through.
I definitely intend to purchase the blu-ray next time I'm doing online shopping though.

I don’t know if “lucky” would be the word I would use.

I don’t think it is worthy of purchase to be honest haha

rd

#1098 5 years ago

The Disaster Artist

Viewed after watching The Room (which it tells the story of the making of) this was brilliant.

Very well put together and acted.

When they A/B the scenes at the end, they nailed most of them.

If you haven’t seen The Room, you’ll probably wonder what the hell is going on!

8 Popcorns.

rd

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, I’ve made it to half way of The Room.
It’s like watching a day time soap opera - but with even worse plot and acting. Lol
I dare you to watch this The Room clip right to the end.
rd
» YouTube video

This one's a banger -

#1100 5 years ago

Deadpool 2

I thought the first one was overrated — despite the swear words and the fourth wall breaking which sent the fanboys into a tizzy, the plot was pretty cliche and nothing very exciting. It tried a little too hard to be “edgy” and it showed.

Enter DP2

Better plot
Better jokes
Kiwi kid
Kiwi accent

Much better.

8.5 Popcorns.

Bugger it. 9 Popcorns. Extra for the LOLs when the X Force parachute in. You’ll have to see that bit yourself.

rd

There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.