A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.
#951 6 years ago

Anyone see black panther. I thought it was a good movie. Other than that I refuse to comment as it seems everything I say gets moderated.

#952 6 years ago

I saw "Wonder" recently. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543472/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It is a fantastic movie. Reminds me of the PG 1980s movies I would watch as a kid.

The main actor, Jacob Tremblay, does a fantastic job as do the "stars" of the movie, i.e Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson.

But you will truly love the Child Actors in this movie. They all are excellent and add so much meaning to the movie.

If you enjoy feel good movies, this one is definitely 8 popcorns.

Marcus

#953 6 years ago

Black Panther is good, not great. Boring in spots, about 15 or so minutes too long. A few action sequences were fantastic in 3D.
A little bit too much in your face about black/powerful women ...and a little obvious trying to convey "no Rhinos were harmed" in a battle scene.
Worth a look in 3D....

#954 6 years ago

Hate to say but BP was a huge political statement. I wish the mouse would cut the PC bullshit. That being said I liked the woman that was the general or whatever she was. I also like the sister, she was funny as hell. How about those kids at the wanting to disassemble the ship to sell the parts when they were coming there to help them?

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Hate to say but BP was a huge political statement.

TIL: Movies have to be 1-dimensional fluff pieces.

Maybe you should read up on the history of the comic and it's significance?

Legitimising-Racism (resized).jpgLegitimising-Racism (resized).jpg

tike_torches_of_hate (resized).jpgtike_torches_of_hate (resized).jpg

#956 6 years ago

This is the movie discussion thread. Discussing movies and their content is fair game. Causing this thread to go off topic is not. And let's keep the politics out of this thread.

It's a tight rope, I know. But let's keep the focus on the movie. So discussing a scene or the movie's tone is fair game. Bringing real world political discussion into this thread is NOT.

Consider this my one and only warning to those in this thread. Let's keep it on topic and about the movies.

Thanks.

Marcus

#957 6 years ago

My wife and I enjoyed Black Panther. Typical (well done) Marvel humor. Not the most believable story line but this is the Marvel universe we are talking about here...not real life. So that being factored in it's a good entertaining movie with some very likeable characters. 7-8 popcorns.

#958 6 years ago

I recently re-watched 'Animal Farm' (1954) - A charming animated film about life on the farm, as seen through the eyes of the animal inhabitants. If you liked either 'Babe the Pig' or 'Shaun the Sheep' but thought they were too preachy, you might enjoy this this film.

4 out of 5 slop buckets.

#959 6 years ago

Coco - 9/10*

*I'm giving this a rating in the realm of family movies.

I had high expectations going in because of the hype this one had been getting. I like the poignant movies that teach kids some important lessons. While the movie does have a focus on the afterlife, it also has a much more important lesson that as long as you keep the memory alive, no one is really dead. I think it provides some tools to start a conversation about life's harshest reality in an approachable way.

#960 6 years ago

No, I don't think they have to be one dimensional fluff pieces, and again I thought the movie was great. I even applaud them for the solution to the problem in the end. I have zero problems giving people a leg up, none. It just seems that Disney is going out of their way to be PC. I did actually think Killmonger got a raw deal but I did not agree with the way he went about solving it.

As a comic book geek Im glad they put BP in the Marvel universe. He was a awesome Avenger and has a better back story than some. I actually never knew he had super powers, I thought he was like Batman. Since the next Avengers will take place in Wakonda it will be interesting to see these characters again and how they deal with a larger threat. As long as the royal guard doesn't die. She was my favorite.

#961 6 years ago

Black Panther

Really liked the character (MCU iteration) from his intro in Civil War, but I was very trepidatious about it being over-the-top politically. Enjoyed the movie very much, and found that it didn't get as preachy as I expected. (Yes, it has some SJW flavor to it, but I thought nowhere near as heavy-handed as The Last Jedi's Canto Bight crap...)

Cool action, enjoyable characters, and a big thumbs up to the design and wardrobe folks. While GOTG was the most colorful in terms of scenery/background, BP is the winner for costumes here. The aircraft designs were also cool as hell.

Overall, yet another solid extra-bases hit for Team Marvel.

8/10 popcorns

Quoted from zr11990:

That being said I liked the woman that was the general or whatever she was.

Quoted from zr11990:

As long as the royal guard doesn't die. She was my favorite.

Yeah, she was totally bad-ass. Completely didn't realize until reading details afterwards, but that's Michonne from TWD!

Later,
EV

Okoye (resized).jpgOkoye (resized).jpg

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Black Panther
Really liked the character (MCU iteration) from his intro in Civil War, but I was very trepidatious about it being over-the-top politically. Enjoyed the movie very much, and found that it didn't get as preachy as I expected. (Yes, it has some SJW flavor to it, but I thought nowhere near as heavy-handed as The Last Jedi's Canto Bight crap...)
Cool action, enjoyable characters, and a big thumbs up to the design and wardrobe folks. While GOTG was the most colorful in terms of scenery/background, BP is the winner for costumes here. The aircraft designs were also cool as hell.
Overall, yet another solid extra-bases hit for Team Marvel.
8/10 popcorns

Yeah, she was totally bad-ass. Completely didn't realize until reading details afterwards, but that's Michonne from TWD!
Later,
EV

No way. I never would have guessed those two were the same actor, never. She must have put on 10-15 pounds of muscle for this movie.

One thing I hate about Marvel is that they kill off their villains too quickly. They killed off Killmonger and the Claw and they didn't need to. They might have use for them in the future.

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Completely didn't realize until reading details afterwards, but that's Michonne from TWD!

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I, Tonya.
If you didn’t know this story was true, you wouldn’t believe it. Great tale of white trash all trying hard to out-dumb each other. I don’t know how they filmed/CGId the ice skating scenes, but they are visually stunning at times...

I agree! At first, I had no interest in this film because I remember watching the drama on TV. Why pay for something that I know already... But this was a good movie. Great acting! Tonya admits to being a redneck, and it's fun to learn how she got there. 8.5 popcorns

#965 6 years ago

Darkest Hour

Gary Oldman gets a 10 for acting! From Dracula to Zorg (The Fifth Element) The man can act.
I would think that Winston Churchill is a tough charter to play, but Oldman pulled it off. If you liked Dunkirk, go see this movie. 7 Popcorns

#966 6 years ago

Black Panther

Out front - I don’t get the hype. I thought it was boring.

You have a secret civilisation with a cool metal called vibranium. They have a cool city with trains that don’t have tracks (see the cool opening shot of the city that has the train going through the rings in the sky) They have the kings sister who is an exact ripoff of Q from James Bond, who makes amazing stuff like spaceships that cloak into invisibility. Yet they fight hand to hand with spears and ancient hand weapons, and half the population lives in dirt shacks. Ok. And in the last scene, the king stands in front of ghetto style graffitied walls. Wouldn’t an advanced civilisation have no graffiti?

The plot was tired - we’ve seen it all before. I think it was taken from the Lion King. And like the Last Yedi, plot points are telegraphed a mile away. “What are the lights on that mag-lev?” “Oh the lights disable the vibranium“ - ok, when’s the fight on the train track gonna happen?

On the positives, I thought all the woman actresses were good, and the costumes were good.

The Lexus sponsorship was evident, good to see a GS-F and LC-F V8s being caned through Korean streets before being dismantled into pieces by a shot of Vibranium from Andy Sirkus and his crazy South African accent.

And “what are thooooooose?” was funny.

But overall, pretty disappointing. After 18 Marvel movies, I’m looking for something new in this genre - simply dropping in bad language (Deadpool) or African people (BP) isn’t changing the same plot lines over and over.

5 Popcorns. YMMV.

PS I went over to Rotten Tomatoes to see if anyone else agreed with me. Surprisingly some of the pro reviewers did.
I read some of the “reader reviews” ... how can anyone take RT seriously when the first page of reviews are 5 star reviews from people WHO HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE MOVIE!! That’s like submitting a pin review to Pinside and never playing the game!! W T F

rd

DA9CD8F4-FEDD-4C0E-8AFE-B31B8439D44C (resized).pngDA9CD8F4-FEDD-4C0E-8AFE-B31B8439D44C (resized).png

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

I recently re-watched 'Animal Farm' (1954) - A charming animated film about life on the farm, as seen through the eyes of the animal inhabitants. If you liked either 'Babe the Pig' or 'Shaun the Sheep' but thought they were too preachy, you might enjoy this this film.
4 out of 5 slop buckets.

You do_ realize that this is the movie adaptation of George Orwell's book of the same name that was an allegory about the events running up to the Russian Revolution and Stalin...right? On top of it, this movie was financed by the CIA as a bit of Cold War propaganda.

Just saying...

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I read some of the “reader reviews” ... how can anyone take RT seriously when the first page of reviews are 5 star reviews from people WHO HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE MOVIE!!

5 BIG STARS!! The new Avengers movie is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!.....I can't wait to see it!

#969 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And in the last scene, the king stands in front of ghetto style graffitied walls. Wouldn’t an advanced civilisation have no graffiti?

Just because it is street art on the side of a building doesn't mean it's graffiti.

I liked the movie. It's not <insert best movie evah here>, but it was fun, built up the MCU in prep for Infinity War and had some interesting things to say about colonialism, race relations and the expectations of family(the sins of the father, etc). I expect that Shuri and Bucky will end up taking over the Stark(brilliant inventor) and Rogers(Cap) roles if they get nuked as expected in IW.

It's clear that they had other weapons than the largely ceremonial personal arms that they carried(especially given the preview of IW). The choice to focus on something other bang sticks is likely a cultural predilection.

Anyway, good movie. Just like the Punisher series, this felt like a welcome departure from the standard MCU movie.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

You do_ realize that this is the movie adaptation of George Orwell's book of the same name that was an allegory about the events running up to the Russian Revolution and Stalin...right?

I took that post as pure satire.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Black Panther
Out front - I don’t get the hype. I thought it was boring.
You have a secret civilisation with a cool metal called vibranium. They have a cool city with trains that don’t have tracks (see the cool opening shot of the city that has the train going through the rings in the sky) They have the kings sister who is an exact ripoff of Q from James Bond, who makes amazing stuff like spaceships that cloak into invisibility. Yet they fight hand to hand with spears and ancient hand weapons, and half the population lives in dirt shacks. Ok. And in the last scene, the king stands in front of ghetto style graffitied walls. Wouldn’t an advanced civilisation have no graffiti?
The plot was tired - we’ve seen it all before. I think it was taken from the Lion King. And like the Last Yedi, plot points are telegraphed a mile away. “What are the lights on that mag-lev?” “Oh the lights disable the vibranium“ - ok, when’s the fight on the train track gonna happen?
On the positives, I thought all the woman actresses were good, and the costumes were good.
The Lexus sponsorship was evident, good to see a GS-F and LC-F V8s being caned through Korean streets before being dismantled into pieces by a shot of Vibranium from Andy Sirkus and his crazy South African accent.
And “what are thooooooose?” was funny.
But overall, pretty disappointing. After 18 Marvel movies, I’m looking for something new in this genre - simply dropping in bad language (Deadpool) or African people (BP) isn’t changing the same plot lines over and over.
5 Popcorns. YMMV.
PS I went over to Rotten Tomatoes to see if anyone else agreed with me. Surprisingly some of the pro reviewers did.
I read some of the “reader reviews” ... how can anyone take RT seriously when the first page of reviews are 5 star reviews from people WHO HAVENT EVEN SEEN THE MOVIE!! That’s like submitting a pin review to Pinside and never playing the game!! W T F
rd

Yeah I wouldn't bother with aggregator site scores such as Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB. They're pretty much worthless. Conflicting directors or films end up with high high scores or low low scores resulting in an average.

This what you're referring to I think has something to do with the facebook group to bring down the scores of Black Panther and (some of) these people are counteracting the scores. Add to the hype of the recent news of the "this film is only for black people," resulting in the fake social media posts where white people have been posting fake pictures of white girls getting bottled at the cinema saying "get the fxxk out, this here is a black movie," is all adding fuel to the sad fire.

Pretty sad really and people don't have lives evidently.

I'm over superhero films myself. It's saturated and I like the ones that have a genuine different take. That's why I hold Logan in high regard.

Dr mark Kermode sums it up pretty well......

#972 6 years ago

Darkest Hour.

Outstanding performance by Gary Oldman. Acting through prosthetics apparently is super hard and he shines through it. He does a great job of being Winston Churchill without trying to imitate his voice. Surely a long time coming Oscar for him.

The film itself was good, although coming from the UKL and knowing the history behind it, it felt too juxtaposition told for my liking. "We have to inform so and so, the head of such department who did this and that." Felt shoehorned in. Almost expected someone to break the 4th wall to explain it. Probably explains why the UK critics had a more Luke warm response than the rest of the world.

And don't get me started on the impromptu cabinet meeting on the tube. The creators said that it was a scene with an element of truth. So not true at all then.

Not bad, but not without it's flaws

7/10

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

That's why I hold Logan in high regard.

Logan was great. I'm sad that it took the last Jackman movie to give us a reasonable characterization of the comic version of Wolverine. He should have been far closer to the Punisher the whole time. And a real nasty, messed up Logan would have been a treat to play up against someone as silly as Deadpool. I guess we'll have to settle for a cranky old man Cable.

#974 6 years ago

Game Night

Jason Bateman and Rachael McAdams star in a comedy from the guys who made Horrible Bosses.

If you liked Horrible Bosses, this movie is cut from the same cloth. Basically, the lead couple hold game nights with all their buddies, and one night a murder/mystery night turns into a “real” kidnaping and the hilarity ensues.

Funny in parts. Bateman plays the same character that he plays in all these movies, dry and self deprecating.

This one offers up a couple of plot twists on top of it. Nothing mind boggling, but enough to keep it interesting.

Like I said, if you liked Horrible Bosses likely you’ll like this one too.

For me, while it didn’t have me rolling in the aisles (few movies do ..) it was entertaining enough.

6.5 Popcorns.

rd

1 week later
#975 6 years ago

Red Sparrow

Very dry Cold War type spy drama - set in modern day Russia.

Evidently not content with rigging elections and creating the worlds news stories, the Russians also have “Sparrows” - sexy spy temptresses trained to seduce their targets and extract their information.

Jennifer Lawrence is Red Sparrow - complete with killer fringe and unwavering Russian accent.

The movie has quite a few twists and turns, some JL nudity and some quite gruesome torture scenes (skin grafts, anyone?) but still manages to be a little bit boring, if I’m honest.

Didn’t suck - but didn’t have me dancing in the aisles either.

6.5 Popcorns.

rd

#976 6 years ago

Red Sparrow.
Good movie, but will probably not do outstanding business for the exact reasons Girl With the Dragon Tattoo didn't.
The trailer I saw also made it look like she was going to get training and end up kicking ass like a super hero. Not so.
A bit graphic for a date film with a couple of great jump scares. (in the theatre a girl actually screamed!)
I liked it......

SPOILER.....it also needed a better showing of what happened to the two main characters. At least in GWTDT you got some closure....

#977 6 years ago

Agree with RD on Game Night, a few laughs but disappointing overall. Good for a bag of corn and time killer.

5.5 bags for me

#978 6 years ago

Death Wish

What you would expect. Took too long to get into the action but second half was good. Willis no Bronson but decent

7.5 bags

#979 6 years ago

Death Wish.

That's about it. Decent, but not as good as the original.

........SPOILER...............
Though, at least in this one he finds the ones responsible...that didn't happen in the original and bothered most people...

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Good movie, but will probably not do outstanding business for the exact reasons Girl With the Dragon Tattoo didn't

I thought all the Dragon Tattoos were awesome .. even the American remake was good (remakes usually suck compared to the original source movies)

Completely different league to Red Sparrow IMO.

rd

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Red Sparrow
Very dry Cold War type spy drama - set in modern day Russia.
Evidently not content with rigging elections and creating the worlds news stories, the Russians also have “Sparrows” - sexy spy temptresses trained to seduce their targets and extract their information.
Jennifer Lawrence is Red Sparrow - complete with killer fringe and unwavering Russian accent.
The movie has quite a few twists and turns, some JL nudity and some quite gruesome torture scenes (skin grafts, anyone?) but still manages to be a little bit boring, if I’m honest.
Didn’t suck - but didn’t have me dancing in the aisles either.
6.5 Popcorns.
rd

I wanted to see Red Sparrow but I think now I'm going to deliberately not see it. I'm kind of tired of J Law, a know nothing who never finished high school and drinks to much thinks she can tell people how to run their lives and what is best for the country. She was cute, now she is annoying.

#983 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

She was cute, now she is annoying.

She’s still cute.

rd

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Death Wish.

That's about it. Decent, but not as good as the original

I never liked the original, never liked charles bronson. Love bruce willis as an action hero.

I really loved John Wick, the idea of getting revenge on someone that took his car and killed his dog that was given to him by his deceased wife (and just goes relentless on everyone that gets in his way). How does it compare?

1 week later
#985 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

How does it compare?

I think John Wick was a much better film than the new Death Wish. JMO

#986 6 years ago

Death of Stalin

This is one of those movies that has great reviews ... then when you see it, you think “what the faaaaark were those reviewer guys on?”

Directed by the creator of Veep and In the Loop (both of which I quite like..) this follows Stalin at the time of his death as his cronies battle for power. It is marketed as a quote “wickedly irreverent satire”. But it isn’t really very funny.

It has a great cast, headed by Steve Buscemi and Jeffrey Tambor, with the rest of the cast British actors. Quite funny hearing the Russians talking with a cockney accent.

In the cinema, one lady giggled twice ... she looked like she didn’t get out of the house often.

This is the sort of movie people review highly so they appear to be intelligent.

However, it is pretty boring.

Mrs RD - 2 Popcorns (bored shitless)

RD - I’ll go 4 Popcorns cause some of it was interesting. But really not very funny.

rd

#987 6 years ago

"Shooting Clerks" looking forward to watching this doc!

#988 6 years ago

The Snowman

Two of Jo Nesbos other books were turned into fantastic Norwegian crime/thriller movies, Headhunters and Jackpot .. so when I saw Snowman had been made into a movie I was excited to see it.

When it was released last year, it had shocking reviews. I finally watched it tonight, and once again, I’m shaking my head at the reviewers.

The movie is a slow burning thriller, set in some quite stunning scenery in Norway. Executive Produced by Martin Scorsese, this is an American production, unlike the first two which were made in Norway (with subtitles)

If you want explosions and car chases .. look elsewhere. But if you like a slow burner, it may well be for you.

Maybe the DVD release is different to the movie ... I don’t know. But I can’t understand the bad reviews. We both liked it. Maybe a victim of the “rotten tomatoes pile-on” ...

I really recommend the first two movies, if you get a chance to see them.

7.5 Popcorns from me.

rd

#989 6 years ago

Pacific Rim Uprising

Saw it last night in IMAX 3D. Cool robots. Cool monsters. Lots of robot vs. monster fighting. Some robot vs. robot fighting too. Characters were OK. Story wasn't bad.

But overall, just didn't have the magic lightning-in-a-bottle that the first one did. Didn't help that the trailers showed most of the cool parts.

6.5 / 10 Popcorns

Just for reference, the first Pacific Rim is one of the greatest "10-year-old movies" of all time. What I mean by "10-year-old movie" is that any time I watch it, I'm instantly 10 years old again watching re-runs of Ultraman, Johnny Sokko, and old Godzilla movies in my parents basement. Pure nostalgia awesomeness.

10.5/10 popcorns. Yes, it's in my personal top 5 EVER.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

But overall, just didn't have the magic lightning-in-a-bottle that the first one did. Didn't help that the trailers showed most of the cool parts.

Had a feeling it wouldn't hold up to the first one. I love the dude from "always sunny in philadelphia", always high energy. I also liked the back story of the asian woman who was attacked as a child and just wants to get revenge on the monsters.

#991 6 years ago

Has anyone discussed Downsizing here previously? The DVD was released this week.

I hate to say it but I was very disappointed in it. It seemed like two different movies stitched together, one a syfy comedy and the other an economic hardship drama. The first half was great until the main star began a date in an apartment a year after arriving. Then the movie seemed to go off the rails for a weird relationship and gnome quest. Then it abruptly ended almost like they ran out of film.

Anyway, I’m curious what others thought about it.

#992 6 years ago

I didn't see how they were going to pull together a cohesive story with that premise. At least from the previews it seemed that the problem of resources was being addressed by "downsizing", and everyone seemed pretty happy after undergoing the transition... so what is the conflict? I thought it was an interesting topic, just hard to pull together a movie around it.

#993 6 years ago

Get Out

Unfortunately, this one was spoiled for me by a friend when he made a comparison to a similar movie "It's a lot like x movie". It was still enjoyable, and much better done IMO than the movie he compared it to. One of my favorite things about this movie was the run time - only about 1:45. I wish more movies would try to tidy things up and tell their stories in a more concise matter. Overall an enjoyable experience, I didn't feel like my time was wasted, but I wasn't blown away.

7/10 popcorns

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone discussed Downsizing here previously? The DVD was released this week.
I hate to say it but I was very disappointed in it. It seemed like two different movies stitched together, one a syfy comedy and the other an economic hardship drama. The first half was great until the main star began a date in an apartment a year after arriving. Then the movie seemed to go off the rails for a weird relationship and gnome quest. Then it abruptly ended almost like they ran out of film.
Anyway, I’m curious what others thought about it.

Yeah it was a mess. It didn’t know where it wanted to go.

It had the same feeling like 3 billboards but at least you felt like you were in safe hands with 3 billboards. It was like the director didn’t have a clue.

Shit film

#995 6 years ago

Gnomes - fun and funny, plenty of references for adults. 6.5

Pacific Rim - same as above but I give it a 4

Peter Rabbit - cutesy fun with great graphics 6ish

Tomb Raider - 25% better than Angelina, which makes it about a 5
fun action, puzzles, and adventure and all that, but they just couldn't get it to click

#996 6 years ago

Had a busy redbox week last week.

I, Tonya - 7 popcorns - very eye opening movie about the knee attack heard around the world. Every thespian in this movie gave amazing performances.

Justice League - 6 popcorns - it was a very fun popcorn movie. There are some weak plot elements, and it really suffered from the lack of introduction movies for Flash and Cyborg. But overall, I enjoyed it much more than BvsS.

Shape Of Water - 9 popcorns - This is a beautifully shot movie with a terrific cast and story. I think Sally Hawkins should have won the Oscar because her portrayal of the mute janitor was incredible. After seeing all the movies nominated for Best Picture, I think The Academy got it right this year. Fantastic Movie. I would watch this again and again. The make up for the Creature is amazing. Loved watching the bonus footage that showed how they filmed this movie.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 7.5 popcorns. Strong movie with many great acting performances. I think Woody is underrated and I'm happy that Sam Rockwell earned his Oscar.

Marcus

#997 6 years ago

Tomb Raider

Alicia Vikander stars as Laura Croft in a reboot of the Angelina Jolie movies.

Vikander is also in the excellent Ex Machina - go see it if you haven’t already.

I can’t remember the original movie (pretty sure I saw it back then) so I can’t say if it follows the original story.

You know what you’re getting here before you go in - an Indiana Jones type adventure movie. And that’s what you get.

Of course, there are some things that make you scratch your head (hey Lara! The bad guy is 5 feet away. Shoot him with your bow and arrow instead of hiding!) and some stunts that are totally unfeasable, but overall it’s a good way to fill in 2 hours.

I’m introducing a new thing! The RD Phone Check Time! How long into the movie did it take for me to pick up my phone and check the time? Always a great indicator of my level of interest.

RD phone check time for Tomb Raider: none! That’s good!

Popcorns - 7

rd

#998 6 years ago

Pacific Rim 3D Imax. Good but not great.
Ready Player One on Wednesday. Will report.

#999 6 years ago

I Tanya - 8 popcorns. Really well done I thought. Loved the protryal of her mother.

Shape of Water - 7-8 popcorns. I really liked it but not sure if I loved the ending.

#1000 6 years ago

There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread/page/20?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.