A42B4B46-2501-4FE1-922D-254F519BF735 (resized).jpeg
The last Blockbuster (resized).jpg
barbarian_ver2_xlg (resized).jpg
L.A. Confidential (resized).jpg
Entrapment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220602-130119 (resized).png
Top_Gun_Maverick_Poster (resized).jpg
785ED4D9-1012-4E30-B7D5-382190FDA156 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.
#501 6 years ago

Just pulled the trigger on on OLED. Planet Earth 2 in 4k is amazing, as is Tron Legacy in passive 3D

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's right on topic to me.
I've been reading about HDR and it sounds pretty cool. I've been a fan of OLED for awhile and I'm going to make that my next screen purchase. I'm not in a hurry though so hopefully the price continues to drop and I can get one for cheap.
I love watching old movies in HD. Black and white is even better.

So the Sony did not work out. Had to return it. Moved over to a Vizio P65 which actually has more features. Full FALD display with 128 zones and Dolby Vision and HDR10 support built in. I will explore OLED after it matures a little more and the prices drop even more.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Netflix surprise the other night for me...Seeking a friend for the end of the world. Pretty good flick. World is ending in 21 days. WhAt do you do? Steve Carrell and Kiera Knightly. Kind of slow but pretty mind provocaing and fun.

I did dig that.. as soon as it's announced on the radio, his girlfriend just gets out of the car and walks away. Everyday less people show up for work.

#504 6 years ago

Couple films I liked recently are:
The passengers (woken up early on a ship flying 120 years on a new planet, tons of cool visuals)

The founder (ray Kroc of mcdonalds). Amazing what he did to the original owners. Micheal Keaton plays the part well.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Anyone into Anime? I'm watching One-Punch Man on Netflix. Subtitles only but the show is great. 9.5 pops!

If you're more into the supernatural and horror themes go for death note like what rotordave said but I want to add onto his point and say parasyte and hellsing:ultimate but since you are watching OPM consider watching my hero academia. If you want to watch the best time travel anime then watch steins;gate(it has a slow start but gets better trust me).

On another note I just re-watched Being John Malkovich for the first time in eons, geez I got bored after a while and cringed a fair bit but I did enjoy Fast 8 though

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

If you're more into the supernatural and horror themes go for death note like what rotordave said but I want to add onto his point and say parasyte and hellsing:ultimate but since you are watching OPM consider watching my hero academia. If you want to watch the best time travel anime then watch steins;gate(it has a slow start but gets better trust me).

Noted. Thanks. I'll check them out.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

The founder (ray Kroc of mcdonalds). Amazing what he did to the original owners. Micheal Keaton plays the part well.

The founder was a good movie & worth the watch. Ray Kroc did some very subtle shady legal maneuvering to those McDonald bros. They were portrayed as naïve. I wonder if they were as naïve in real life. Must have been to accept a handshake deal.

1 week later
#507 6 years ago

Trespass Against Us

Michael Fassbender and Brendon Gleeson star in this U.K. arthouse movie about a bunch of gypsy types who are on the wrong side of the law.

Fassbender is the son, who sort of wants to get his family away from his father, but to be honest, he doesn't try very hard. That's where the film falls a bit flat IMO. If you want to go ... errrr go?

OK viewing, but a bit flat to be honest.

5 Popcorns.

rd

#508 6 years ago

Colossal

Anne Hathaway is this lady who likes to get drunk a lot. So much that her boyfriend throws her out. So she heads back to her home town to live in the abandoned family home. Here she meets her old schoolmate Jason Sudekis. Seemingly unrelated a giant Godzilla like monster starts appearing in South Korea.

I liked this movie. There are some weird things like how the monster is created but it's fun and unique. I didn't know much going in except the poster was cool and it got decent scores.

8/10

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Quoted from Friengineer:

The founder was a good movie & worth the watch. Ray Kroc did some very subtle shady legal maneuvering to those McDonald bros. They were portrayed as naïve. I wonder if they were as naïve in real life. Must have been to accept a handshake deal.

Yeah...I enjoyed the movie but really have mixed feelings about how things went down. If the movie is accurate he really didn't screw them near as bad as I was expecting (after hearing about this movie). They kind of screwed themselves...and asked for it. The brothers gave Ray a shit deal to start with (1.4%) and he was going under. He tried to renegotiate with them and they said F-off. So he took matters into his own hands...I kind of did not blame him. Then he paid them 2.7 million! That's over 20 million in today's money.
Yeah he F'd them on the handshake deal which was a bit low.

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If the movie is accurate he really didn't screw them near as bad as I was expecting (after hearing about this movie). They kind of screwed themselves...and asked for it. The brothers gave Ray a shit deal to start with (1.4%) and he was going under. He tried to renegotiate with them and they said F-off. So he took matters into his own hands...I kind of did not blame him. Then he paid them 2.7 million! That's over 20 million in today's money.

The way I look at it, they were never going to expand with franchising because in their minds they couldn't get it to work. So had he not come along, they would have been working in that single restaurant until they retired. So yea, handing over a check for a million dollars each after taxes (8 million in today's dollars) was more than enough for each of them to retire on. They were only pissed because he basically took their name, and closed the original restaurant they started on top of it.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah...I enjoyed the movie but really have mixed feelings about how things went down. If the movie is accurate he really didn't screw them near as bad as I was expecting (after hearing about this movie). They kind of screwed themselves...and asked for it. The brothers gave Ray a shit deal to start with (1.4%) and he was going under. He tried to renegotiate with them and they said F-off. So he took matters into his own hands...I kind of did not blame him. Then he paid them 2.7 million! That's over 20 million in today's money.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

The way I look at it, they were never going to expand with franchising because in their minds they couldn't get it to work. So had he not come along, they would have been working in that single restaurant until they retired. So yea, handing over a check for a million dollars each after taxes (8 million in today's dollars) was more than enough for each of them to retire on. They were only pissed because he basically took their name, and closed the original restaurant they started on top of it.

Neither Ray Kroc nor the two McDonald brothers (Dick and Mac) were saints in the whole business relationship, and the brothers shared some of the blame for what later happened.

*** SPOILERS ***

For example, the brothers didn't tell Kroc they had sold the rights to use their name in his hometown in Des Plains, Illinois, to another company. Before Kroc could open his first McDonald's in Des Plaines, he had to buy out the Frejlack Ice Cream Company's contract for $25,000. It was an added expense that he could barely afford. The cost was even harder to swallow, since Frejlack had only paid $5,000 for the contract.

Also, Kroc's deal to buy out the brothers really did not include the brothers' own McDonald's restaurant in San Bernardino, California, and the exclusion of that particular restaurant left Kroc bitter. Since he now owned the rights to the McDonald's name, he forced the brothers to rename their restaurant "The Big M." Then he opened a brand new McDonald's a block away, and after six years, put The Big M out of business.

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/founder/

#512 6 years ago

I picked up "Why Him?" this weekend at Redbox.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4501244/

It stars James Franco and Bryan Cranston.

It's a typical "Father meets Boyfriend" movie with some funny, crude twists. If you are a KISS fan, you will enjoy the liberal playing of KISS songs throughout the movie.

I'm glad I did not pay full movie theater pricing to watch it, but for $1.50, it was very enjoyable.

I would give it 6.5 popcorns.

Marcus

#513 6 years ago

I picked up "Gold" this weekend at Redbox.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1800302/

It stars Matthew McConaughey, Edgar Ramirez, and Bryce Dallas Howard.

This is a very good movie. It's about the Gold Business. Like the oil wildcatters of the early 1900s, these wildcatters search the world for the next gold deposit instead of oil field. And like the oil business, it's filled with sharks. And sometimes, the sharks eat other sharks. So if you like a movie with plenty of personal demons and drama on your screen, you will enjoy "Gold".

It's inspired by real life, but of course Hollywood adds its own flair.

The movie drags a bit in the middle, but the ending is well worth the time spent watching the movie.

For a Saturday afternoon movie on your own couch, and costing only $1.50-$2,00 from Redbox, it was well worth the money.

I give it 7.5 popcorns.

Marcus

#514 6 years ago

Get Out

For some reason, this movies release date was held back in NZ, probably because we just had the school holidays here. Usually we open most movies same weekend as the USA. I was going to see it in Texas when we were there but Danni doesn't like scary movies.

Great movie. The story never sags, keeps you interested all the way through. Theres a few scares here and there to keep primed for more.

Good to see a movie with an original script too, the superhero-meets girl-beats up bad guy stuff gets very tiresome.

I'm going 9 Popcorns.

rd

#515 6 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Far superior to the first one IMO. Maybe I was in a funky mood, but the first one didn't do it for me.

Vol2 follows the standard formula (build up to big hero/villain fight at the end) but does it better than most.

Good humour throughout ... and some cool 80s tracks from Starlords Walkman. Kudos for using The Chain. Killer track.

Also some cool cameos throughout. Bring on the Hoff!

In my view, the best Marvel movie since the original Ironman.

I'm going 8 Popcorns.

rd

#516 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Far superior to the first one IMO. Maybe I was in a funky mood, but the first one didn't do it for me.
Vol2 follows the standard formula (build up to big hero/villain fight at the end) but does it better than most.
Good humour throughout ... and some cool 80s tracks from Starlords Walkman. Kudos for using The Chain. Killer track.
Also some cool cameos throughout. Bring on the Hoff!
In my view, the best Marvel movie since the original Ironman.
I'm going 8 Popcorns.
rd

I prefer the original. This one did have some good humor (Marvel seems to excel at that) but the "Villian" kind of let me down. The main plot just didn't add up. 7.5 popcorns.

#517 6 years ago

I loved the movie but it hurt my feelings that they killed off Merl. He was a great character and he became a guardian when he bonded with Rocket.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In my view, the best Marvel movie

That's pretty high praise. Winter Soldier is still my favorite.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's pretty high praise. Winter Soldier is still my favorite.

I prefer my smash/bash with a little humour I guess. I'm not that into the superhero/comic stuff (never read a comic in my life) so I approach it very much from a laymans angle.

I still think the original Ironman is the best of all of the Marvel movies. Stark was pretty cool in that one. I wanted to be Tony Stark!

But Kick Ass was the best of all the "superhero" movies for me. Hit Girl - super cool.

rd

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The main plot just didn't add up.

Do they ever?

I'll have to rewatch the first one again.

Movies can be like that, your opinion can depend on your mood on the day. Sometimes you like them better the second time, sometimes you think "why'd I like that one? It sucks!" Haha!

Not a movie ... but I'm rewatching Breaking Bad from the beginning at the moment. I liked it the first time - but it's even better the second time. I'm noticing a lot more layers that I didn't see when I watched it on TV. Binge watching (3 episodes a night for me) is the way to go.

rd

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I prefer my smash/bash with a little humour I guess. I'm not that into the superhero/comic stuff (never read a comic in my life) so I approach it very much from a laymans angle.
I still think the original Ironman is the best of all of the Marvel movies. Stark was pretty cool in that one. I wanted to be Tony Stark!
But Kick Ass was the best of all the "superhero" movies for me. Hit Girl - super cool.
rd

I just rewatched Iron Man 2 and 3 and thought they weren't as bad as people say. I actually like them better than the first one. The first drags in Afghanistan and Jeff Bridges villain is kind of unbelievable.

Unbreakable is still my favorite superhero movie.

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just rewatched Iron Man 2 and 3 and thought they weren't as bad as people say. I actually like them better than the first one

2 and 3 aren't bad either ... but if you remember when 1 came out, it was a "new level" of superhero movies compared to what had come before it. So it gets bonus points for that. I remember when I saw it, it was like "wow" .. pretty cool.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Unbreakable is still my favorite superhero movie

I saw that ... but 17 years ago now so can't really remember it. I'll keep an eye out for it and watch it again. There was that Unbreakable tie in at the end of Split recently too, where Bruce Willis showed up in the Cafe at the end.

rd

#523 6 years ago

** thread reminder **

523 posts in, I thought I would reiterate...

Reviews are just opinions.

Everyone has a different opinion.

Nobody is right ... Nobody is wrong.

That's why I don't really put any stock in movie reviews in the paper or online. Who are those people? What do they know about it? They probably have polar opposite likes to me. In the old days, if the NZ Herald reviewer hated a movie, I was pretty much guaranteed to love it. Lol. And all the movies he fawned over, I hated.

So far, half the people I know like Guardians 1 better. The other half like 2 better. All good! Whatever turns you on.

So write away! Let the reviews flowwwwwww from your fingers, like lava from the volcano! Or something like that.

rd

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

2 and 3 aren't bad either ... but if you remember when 1 came out, it was a "new level" of superhero movies compared to what had come before it. So it gets bonus points for that. I remember when I saw it, it was like "wow" .. pretty cool.

I saw that ... but 17 years ago now so can't really remember it. I'll keep an eye out for it and watch it again. There was that Unbreakable tie in at the end of Split recently too, where Bruce Willis showed up in the Cafe at the end.
rd

Yeah I didn't see Iron Man till a year or two later. It came out the same year as Dark Knight though and that blew me away.

I was freaking out at the end of Split. I really enjoyed that tie-in. There was a music cue before the Bruce Willis reveal and even though I haven't seen unbreakable in years I recognized it.

#525 6 years ago

I really liked Guardians 2. Probably more than the first. The villain was better I thought. I hope future sequels provide some back story for the others like Rocket and Drax.

9/10

#526 6 years ago

So my son is home from college for the summer. Time to get him caught up on some of the classics (my classics). So far we've watched:

Inglorious Bastards
Fight Club
True Romance
Pulp Fiction

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So my son is home from college for the summer. Time to get him caught up on some of the classics (my classics). So far we've watched:
Inglorious Bastards
Fight Club
True Romance
Pulp Fiction

I watched Inglorious Basterds recently. It gets better with repeated viewings but I still think Tarantino's last couple of movies are overly long. My favorites of his are still his first three.

I still haven't watched True Romance. I always get that mixed up with Natural Born Killers, which I haven't seen either, for some reason.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I still haven't watched True Romance. I always get that mixed up with Natural Born Killers, which I haven't seen either, for some reason

Both are cool movies.

"Ooooooooooooh that meat man co*ksucker!!!"

rd

IMG_5860 (resized).JPGIMG_5860 (resized).JPG

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Inglorious Bastards

"We got a German here who wants to die for his country! Oblige him!"

#530 6 years ago

Awesome movie. I introduced my son to Blazing saddles not long ago. "Hey where the white women at?" To bad they cant make them like that anymore because of the PC zombies.

#531 6 years ago

Just watched a heap of movies I missed in the cinema on the 3hr flight Auckland to Sydney and the 13.5hr flight from Sydney to Dubai. Yes, 13.5 hours. Lol

1/ Hidden Figures.

The story of 3 ladies in NASA in the 60s. Very good movie.
8 Popcorns.

2/ Passenger

Chris Pratt (hasn't he come a long way since Parks and Recreation...) and Jennifer Lawrence wake up too early on a 120 space flight. Sort of dissolves into a love story, but some good space visuals. Not too bad. And some side boob. Bonus point for that.
6.5 Popcorns.

3/ Margin Call (2011)

All star cast play out the days leading into the 2008 stock market crash. Good performances.
8 Popcorns.

4/ Live by Night

BatFleck stars and directs in this film about gangsters in prohibition times. Alas his direction or editing seems to have gone off the rails somewhere and the result is a bit of a mess.
5 Popcorns.

5/ Office Christmas Party

Hey, it was the only movie that was under the 2 hours I had left on the plane. Ha! Jason Bateman and a crew of merry men/ladies have an office party to try and save the firm. The usual stuff. Not super funny (for me anyway) but watchable. Once.
6 Popcorns.

rd

#532 6 years ago

I may have to watch Hidden Figures based on your recommendation. If it's good enough for Dave, it's good enough for me.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I watched Inglorious Basterds recently. It gets better with repeated viewings but I still think Tarantino's last couple of movies are overly long. My favorites of his are still his first three.
I still haven't watched True Romance. I always get that mixed up with Natural Born Killers, which I haven't seen either, for some reason.

BTW, it's "Inglourious Basterds ". The misspelling is intentional.

this is the truck with an ad for it at San Diego Comic Con:
SDCC truck (resized).jpgSDCC truck (resized).jpg

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I may have to watch Hidden Figures based on your recommendation. If it's good enough for Dave, it's good enough for me.

It's a really good movie.

It does paint a pretty sad picture of "how things were" back in the 60s for the stars of the movie, though. Which is good to remind people I guess, it isn't really that long ago.

rd

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1/ Hidden Figures.
The story of 3 ladies in NASA in the 60s. Very good movie.

favorite moment / line "At NASA, we all pee the same color!"

Really great visuals, great storyline (and lots of ethical choices).

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Passenger: Really great visuals, great storyline (and lots of ethical choices).

I really liked the visuals, even on a small screen in an A380. It would have looked sweet up on the big screen.

I think if I was stuck alone on a spaceship for 90 years, I'd be cracking open some pods too.

rd

#537 6 years ago

Looking forward to Alien: Covenant this weekend. When a film has...

Ridley Scott
Strong female lead
Flame throwers
Aliens and Androids
and rotating beacons

It's beautiful.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Ridley Scott
Strong female lead
Flame throwers
Aliens and Androids
and rotating beacons
It's beautiful.

Hmm... I'm not sure any of those things makes a good movie.

But I do want to see it.

#539 6 years ago

Is this movie a Alien reboot or is it a continuation of the original story line? I'll see it regardless but I'm curious.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is this movie a Alien reboot or is it a continuation of the original story line? I'll see it regardless but I'm curious.

It's a follow on from Prometheus.

It's filmed in Milford Sound, New Zealand .. so you know it's good.

rd

IMG_5874 (resized).JPGIMG_5874 (resized).JPG

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Ridley Scott
Strong female lead
Flame throwers
Aliens and Androids
and rotating beacons
It's beautiful.

Quoted from rotordave:

It's a follow on from Prometheus.

It's filmed in Milford Sound, New Zealand .. so you know it's good.
rd

Speaking of which, who saw the Rick and Morty commercial for Alien Covenant on Adult Swim this last week-end:
https://www.msn.com/en-in/entertainment/hollywood/rick-and-morty-temporada-3-parodia-de-alien-covenant/vp-BBB7FWQ

#542 6 years ago

Colossal

Just saw this in Dubai.

For starters, in Dubai it is just the norm that people check their Facebook on their phones every 3 minutes and even talk out loud among themselves. Why? I dunno.

I was quite looking forward to this movie. I like a weird movie. This ones been getting some good writeups. However it left me a bit flat. The wife was totally befuddled.

What's the analogy? What's the monster? Is there really a monster? Is it all in her mind? Is the monster symbolising her battle with the bottle?

I think the movie asks more questions than it wants answered. Or maybe it's just smarter than me. That's a great possibility. But even nerds and the director don't know what it means.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/colossal/263558/colossal-ending-explained

It's billed as a comedy, but it's rarely funny.

The saving grace ... a Stern Freefall is a prominent prop in the bar scenes.

Maybe you can figure it out better than I can. I'm going 5 Popcorns. And wishing I went to Alien Covenant instead.

rd

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Get Out
For some reason, this movies release date was held back in NZ, probably because we just had the school holidays here. Usually we open most movies same weekend as the USA. I was going to see it in Texas when we were there but Danni doesn't like scary movies.
Great movie. The story never sags, keeps you interested all the way through. Theres a few scares here and there to keep primed for more.
Good to see a movie with an original script too, the superhero-meets girl-beats up bad guy stuff gets very tiresome.
I'm going 9 Popcorns.
rd

Very excited to hear about his next potential film.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/jordan-peeles-next-project-is-a-terrifying-lovecraftian-1795275560

As a longtime Lovecraft fan, i absolutely loved that book.

So, has anyone seen Alien: Covenant yet? Was thinking about going tonight but what I've heard so far has been pretty mixed.

#544 6 years ago

Interesting.

Also interesting:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/get-out-almost-had-a-much-bleaker-ending-according-to-1792959724

"However, Peele confirms that several much bleaker endings were originally considered, including ones in which Chris would be arrested for mass murder or even gunned down on the spot by the local police"

That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the cop car drive up at the end. "Bang bang" ... Chris gets the message and the evil girlfriend lives on to continue the family tradition.

rd

#545 6 years ago

The Thor trailer with Guardians was pretty great. I've always liked the Thor movies despite their flaws and this seems to take a lot of things from Guardians.

Plus there was this gem of a comment on YT. I hope you never change YT.

#546 6 years ago

Just watched the original Rollerball movie. Doesn't work as a sports/action movie (too slow), doesn't work as a social/political commentary (too unfocused), but bizarrely is kind of intriguing as a mix of both.

It's actually hilarious that it was made in the 70s and was supposed to be futuristic, yet the architecture has 70s kitsch written all over it.

6.5/10.

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Just watched the original Rollerball movie. Doesn't work as a sports/action movie (too slow), doesn't work as a social/political commentary (too unfocused), but bizarrely is kind of intriguing as a mix of both.
It's actually hilarious that it was made in the 70s and was supposed to be futuristic, yet the architecture has 70s kitsch written all over it.
6.5/10.

Wow do I disagree. It is easy to look back over 40 years and poke holes. But when it came out and I went with my father to the movie theater we walked out stunned. Corporations running the world, fluid based memory in computers back when people still were not convinced a computer would be needed in the home, TV screens in the home running personal movies. When it came out it was a 10/10 and still holds up pretty well.

#548 6 years ago

Hair I Go Again

Just watched this doco on Emirates and I can post about it using the magic of free wifi on the A380.

Cool little indie doco about two guys in their 40s trying to put Tryxx, their hair metal band from 1987 back together. That doesn't quite work out so they record some original metal with some notable 80s metal guys.

Lots of interviews with metal dudes from the 80s who are still playing today.

If you're into metal or the 80s scene, well worth checking out.

8 Popcorns for me. Because I'm a metal guy.

rd

#549 6 years ago

Talk Radio (1988)

I hunted down this movie just before I left NZ. I'd first seen it late one night (like 2am) on TV in the early 90s after I'd got home from a gig with my band. I thought it was pretty cool at the time.

Oliver Stone directs the film version of an off broadway play that centres around a controversial talk radio jock. Roughly based on the story of jock Alan Berg who was shot by the KKK outside his Denver home back in 84.

You can certainly see the stage origins in the film ... most scenes take place within the radio studio, in fact maybe the only outside shots are the final climax. The film is 30 years old now, the hair styles show their age, but the story holds up.

Cool little movie if you like something a bit different. Warning - no superheroes or marvel characters to be seen.

7.5 Popcorns.

rd

#550 6 years ago

Anthropoid

In 2014, I was in Prague and did a walking tour around the city. One of the stops was the Methodius Cathedral. Inside, we toured through the catacombs underneath, and learnt of the story of the assassination of Nazi general Reinhard Heydrich, known as the butcher of Prague. His assassins hid out in the catacombs of the church. This is the movie of that story.

The Nazis who occupied Prague were a nasty bunch of munters, led by Heydrich, who was the 3rd highest ranked in the Nazi party and the architect of the "final solution"

So London sent two Czech fighters in to knock him off... Operation Anthropoid. You'll have to watch the movie (or read the history books) to find out the rest ... but let's just say, don't get too attached to the cast. And the Nazis took out another 5000 men, women and children on top for retribution, just for good measure. Hey, I told you they were munters!

Good wartime history movie, and pretty true to the original story as far as I know it.

7.5 Popcorns.

rd

There are 1,594 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-movie-discussion-thread/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.