57999AFD-06E2-4F09-9A54-F2CBC5C63798 (resized).jpeg
BE44BDD1-EA20-4FE8-AEE8-E08C2E1A0ACC (resized).jpeg
0838500B-B6CB-463D-874C-D680FD6328E2 (resized).jpeg
C7FAC4C5-32B5-488F-8CA8-8F90B156B63F (resized).jpeg
759775A7-F5C8-4E15-A02A-D2D593E5FC4E (resized).jpeg
4AD81C5B-67B4-41DD-B0EB-2709761AD5AD (resized).jpeg
96900868-861B-4D9B-8F28-166EA2150446 (resized).jpeg
2DC55DBA-C59E-4656-85FC-963F1ED0398C (resized).jpeg
There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 6 years ago

Hey doesn't the new Priest album release today?

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Hey doesn't the new Priest album release today?

Yes..and it kicks ass!!! really great Album

#353 6 years ago

Too bad for Priest and Glenn Tipton. But, they have been at it forever. A Priest pin could be cool if done well. Les Binks was a great drummer. When he went, so did the double bass drums.........bummer.

#354 6 years ago

Bought the new Priest over lunch break. Just got done listening to it. Good album really enjoyed it. Listening to Stained Class now...

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Les Binks was a great drummer. When he went, so did the double bass drums.........bummer.

Haven’t you seen Scott Travis play? He’s all about the double bass drums ...

rd

1 week later
#356 6 years ago

Harley flannigan always freaked me out , badass looking dude !

Loved DRI too ! So damn good .

Also a canadian band that I always loved that seemed to keep slipping under the radar .

So many awesome bands have been listed , so many favs from my youth . I haven’t been active in months , I slipped in and saw this thread and had to add a few !

Added over 6 years ago: oops , meant dayglo abortions (love DRI too though)

#357 6 years ago

Anyone made it along to the Priest/Saxon Tour yet?

rd

#358 6 years ago

Yes, Scott Travis is a great drummer. So glad when he replaced pedophile Dave Holland. Priest needed double bass drums the whole time. Imagine Screaming and Defenders w/double bass............

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Also a canadian band that I always loved that seemed to keep slipping under the radar .

Coney Hatch is pretty good. I knew of them, but never heard their stuff before. I'll have to listen to more of them.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Anyone made it along to the Priest/Saxon Tour yet?
rd
» YouTube video

saw priest a few years back and was absolutely blown away with Robs power , still, at his age !

#361 6 years ago

#362 6 years ago

#363 6 years ago

Let’s start the day with some widdly-widdly!

rd

#364 6 years ago

It's 16:29 yet...! (or already)?

#365 6 years ago

These guys are playing at ReplayFX .. Saturday night around midnight.

Dethlehem ... best band name ever?

Cool music ... obviously they have a sense of humour. Watch the video right till the end.

rd

#366 6 years ago

See this tonight,,old school Accept

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Cool music ... obviously they have a sense of humour. Watch the video right till the end.

That's why I had to move out when I was 12

#368 6 years ago

A great band from Sweden - Soilwork.

rd

#369 6 years ago

Greatness

#370 6 years ago

#371 6 years ago

Bubak is finally coming to OH (Bubak is the Czech boogeyman).

Insane 2 piece

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Yes, Scott Travis is a great drummer. So glad when he replaced pedophile Dave Holland. Priest needed double bass drums the whole time. Imagine Screaming and Defenders w/double bass............

They could have just stuck with Les Binks.

#373 6 years ago

For me this just pure raw heavy stuff, not really Hard Rock or Metal but in a class of its own.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They could have just stuck with Les Binks.

The band management kind of screwed Binks over on “unleashed in the studio” and he quit over that, and that they had his drums and storage and wouldn’t let him collect them! I’d have quit too.

#375 6 years ago

Good Friday - quite a few beers - some rugby league on TV - and some Deftones.

Rock on.

rd

#376 6 years ago

looking forward to HCSS new album....

also came across Vains of Jenna. Not too bad at all. They made a decent cover album as well

#377 6 years ago

Now:

tribute to a great pinball man in the community. Petition for reissues please!

Yeah man, Tommy Floyd!!!!!

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

Gene Simmons from KISS once described Rush's debut album as "canadian zeppelin". I agree that the Led Zeppelin influence can definitely be heard in the band's first album. I was lucky to see Rush during the R40 Tour (which was their farewell tour if you do not know). They are still only big name rock band I have seen live. The only other noticeable acts I have seen is The Wailers (Bob Marley's band, and also years after his passing) and G3 with Joe Satriani, Phil Collens from Def Leppard, John Petrucci from Dream Theater. I hope to see other great bands in the future.

#379 6 years ago

Burn the Priest are back - for a cover album.

(Burn the Priest was Lamb of Gods original name)

rd

#381 6 years ago

Priest rocked Milwaukee last night. Great crowd, great energy. Rob sounded great.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Burn the Priest are back - for a cover album.
(Burn the Priest was Lamb of Gods original name)
rd
» YouTube video

love the accused !! great cover !!

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Priest rocked Milwaukee last night. Great crowd, great energy. Rob sounded great.

Was Glen Tipton there? I heard he is not doing well. Methos

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Was Glen Tipton there? I heard he is not doing well. methos

No, he did not make an appearance sadly.

The band was tight and the new guitarist filled in fine, but the two guitarists kept to their sides of the stage. Anyone who has seen classic Priest knows Glen and KK used to rock together which was always fun to watch.

Ian was rocking in and Rob sounded great. They got some more years left for sure. Before each song the album flashed on the screen which was really cool.

Turbo Love, Sinner, Grinder, and Some Heads are Gonna Role were awesome. Lots of power and energy.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

No, he did not make an appearance sadly.
The band was tight and the new guitarist filled in fine, but the two guitarists kept to their sides of the stage. Anyone who has seen classic Priest knows Glen and KK used to rock together which was always fun to watch.
Ian was rocking in and Rob sounded great. They got some more years left for sure. Before each song the album flashed on the screen which was really cool.
Turbo Love, Sinner, Grinder, and Some Heads are Gonna Role were awesome. Lots of power and energy.

It sounds like you had fun at the show. Turbo Lover and Grinder are some of my favorite Judas Priest songs. Methos

#386 6 years ago

Comedian Dean Delray put on a Bon Scott tribute show in Hollywood last week.

Guests included Bill Burr (drums) Marc Maron (guitar) Nikki Sixx, Scott Ian, Rudy Sarzo, Michael Devin ...

They played the Powerage album right through, and some other tracks at the end. Add in some stand up as well.

Looks really cool. I almost flew over for it but decided not to ...

PS listen to the Dean Delray podcast if you like comedy and rock music. He has lots of really interesting guests. Including Tim from Pinball Hall of Fame on episode 100. I’ve seen Dean live at the LA Comedy Store a few times, funny guy. Chatted to him about pinball too, he loves it.

rd

3ECEF792-2E5E-46EC-9902-3D45F575613E (resized).jpeg3ECEF792-2E5E-46EC-9902-3D45F575613E (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#387 6 years ago

Arch Enemy from 2009. Live in Japan.

#388 6 years ago

New Pennywise!!!

#389 5 years ago

Hadn’t seen this before ..

Metal Church re-recorded Fake Healer last year, with Todd La Torre guesting on vocals.

If you haven’t seen Todd in Queensryche, check him out. As good (if not better) than Tate. Really good singer.

rd

#390 5 years ago

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hadn’t seen this before ..
Metal Church re-recorded Fake Healer last year, with Todd La Torre guesting on vocals.
If you haven’t seen Todd in Queensryche, check him out. As good (if not better) than Tate. Really good singer.
rd
» YouTube video

I did not know about this! That is awesome! Todd apparently also recorded the drums on the next Queensryche record

#392 5 years ago

Has anyone heard this track before?

#393 5 years ago

#394 5 years ago

Yes I have. Very cool album cover too.

#395 5 years ago

Ozzy back out on the road with Zakk back in the band butchering more Classic Songs ...

Zakk Wilde - the man who ruined pinch harmonics for everyone.

Bring back the Greek guy!

rd

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

Has anyone heard this track before?
» YouTube video

Why yes.....see post #303.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ozzy back out on the road with Zakk back in the band butchering more Classic Songs ...
Zakk Wilde - the man who ruined pinch harmonics for everyone.
Bring back the Greek guy!
rd
» YouTube video

hahaa i really like Zakk, but... yeah

#398 5 years ago

I think Zakk's style, as in the pinch harmonics, are more subjective to taste. However, I personally believe that Zakk should not incorporate this technique in any of the RR or Jake E. Lee tracks. If it were up to me, he would strictly cover the songs note to note to the best of his ability, which is fairly high. (I am not discrediting Zakk Wylde's skills on his instrument in any way!)

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Why yes.....see post #303.

Sorry, brother! I had no idea that you had previously shared this song in the thread. I haven't looked through the pages of this thread, which is my own fault.
dothedoo

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from AVH7401:

I think Zakk's style, as in the pinch harmonics, are more subjective to taste. However, I personally believe that Zakk should not incorporate this technique in any of the RR or Jake E. Lee tracks. If it were up to me, he would strictly cover the songs note to note to the best of his ability, which is fairly high. (I am not discrediting Zakk Wylde's skills on his instrument in any way!)

The guy can certainly play, for sure.

But I couldn’t even make it to the end of Bark at the Moon on that video. Between Ozzys out of tune singing and Zakks whiizzz wherrrrr whizzzz EEEEEEEOOOOOEEEEEE every 10 seconds, I could take no more.

rd

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-hard-rockmetal-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.