57999AFD-06E2-4F09-9A54-F2CBC5C63798 (resized).jpeg
BE44BDD1-EA20-4FE8-AEE8-E08C2E1A0ACC (resized).jpeg
0838500B-B6CB-463D-874C-D680FD6328E2 (resized).jpeg
C7FAC4C5-32B5-488F-8CA8-8F90B156B63F (resized).jpeg
759775A7-F5C8-4E15-A02A-D2D593E5FC4E (resized).jpeg
4AD81C5B-67B4-41DD-B0EB-2709761AD5AD (resized).jpeg
96900868-861B-4D9B-8F28-166EA2150446 (resized).jpeg
2DC55DBA-C59E-4656-85FC-963F1ED0398C (resized).jpeg
There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Blow your eardrums out with high frequencies.
I saw them open for Alice Cooper and that singer's five note range falsetto literally made me chew up a napkin and plug my poor ears.
I'm glad I did, because I can still hear today.
» YouTube video

Every song on that album is a mutherfeaking rush of guitar shreeding like no other. Lots going on behind the scenes of course but I'm still in awe of the album 33 years later. The singer on that album was Robert Fleischman from Journey, and he was forced to sing that way.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The singer on that album was Robert Fleischman from Journey, and he was forced to sing that way.

That's a shame he was forced to sing, it was the most brutal hour of my life.

He sounds much better when no one is stepping on his tail:

#303 6 years ago

#304 6 years ago

Great White - Desert Moon

#305 6 years ago

Here you go Vid - you can check your list of favorite ballads to an official one.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2015-02-14/the-40-greatest-power-ballads-playlist

#306 6 years ago

Riggs - Radar Rider

In light of the Tesla being launched into space......should've been a Vette.

#307 6 years ago

#309 6 years ago

That is not good. Mind you, all these guys are getting old ... that’s why about 10 years ago I made the decision to see all my favourite bands before they quit/die.

Only 2 left on the list ...

rd

#310 6 years ago

Let’s kick off the day with some good old 70s rock n roll.

Have I mentioned the Led Zeppelin pin I’m making .... ?

rd

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That is not good. Mind you, all these guys are getting old ... that’s why about 10 years ago I made the decision to see all my favourite bands before they quit/die.
Only 2 left on the list ...
rd

This really sucks - Rob Halford said Tipton only decided 5 days ago that his time was up. He must have been having trouble performing. My god, he’s -70-!!

#312 6 years ago

Since this is a hard rock/ metal thread, how bout some Jethro Tull?

#313 6 years ago

My personal fav

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This really sucks - Rob Halford said Tipton only decided 5 days ago that his time was up. He must have been having trouble performing. My god, he’s -70-!!

Yep, it's the end of Priest. I'm sure they are just finishing the commitments for this tour. Sad - both KK and now Glenn.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yep, it's the end of Priest.

It doesn't mean the end. Just means the perfect time for a Judas Priest pinball machine!

#316 6 years ago

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yep, it's the end of Priest. I'm sure they are just finishing the commitments for this tour. Sad - both KK and now Glenn.

Dunno ... as long as Rob can still sing they’ll probably keep it going.

Looks like they have bought in Andy Sneap from the UK as touring guitarist.

Ian Hill is the only original member ... he’s been there since 1969! Remember Al Atkins was the original singer before Rob. Halford joined in 73 and Tipton in 74.

rd

#318 6 years ago

So let’s crank up the best Fleetwood Mac cover you’ll hear today.

rd

#319 6 years ago

And some Joan Baez while we're at it?

#320 6 years ago

Let's keep it cranked!

#321 6 years ago

Tipton was/still is an elite song writer. Going to Priest, Saxon, and Black Star Riders in March. Loving the new Saxon Thunderbolt record.

#322 6 years ago

Unleashed in the East is a great album.

Nothing lasts forever I guess.

#323 6 years ago

And to think I thought Priest was done when Les Binks left the band before that album was released. I guess it's all relative. That being said, Binks was an awesome drummer.

#324 6 years ago

#325 6 years ago

#326 6 years ago

4:06 Greatness. I still feel so foolish for not knowing any other Priest than Painkiller but also love the fact that I've gotten to discover the 70's stuff and 80's gold at this point when I can appreciate it even more so. Its win win.

#327 6 years ago

Ur in for a ShockAAAAAAAAAA, love it.

#328 6 years ago

Some classic Thin Lizzy from 1976. I hadn't seen this before ....

Love Brian Robertson. The king of the rock wah wah pedal.

I always wanted to play like him when I was a teenager. My dream guitar was a black Les Paul like he has on Live and Dangerous ... I got one eventually, a 1980s model. It was f**ken tone dead lol. Sometimes the dream is better than reality haha.

rd

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

I saw that Heaven and Hell tour here in Auckland. Its the only time I ever got to see Dio perform.

Small in stature ... kicked ass on stage. So cool ...

rd

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I saw that Heaven and Hell tour here in Auckland. Its the only time I ever got to see Dio perform.

Small in stature ... kicked ass on stage. So cool ...

rd

Same, I did see Dio in the early 90's opening for Megadeth but at that time is was all about Megadeth wish I could go back not even sure what album Dio was riding on.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Same, I did see Dio in the early 90's opening for Megadeth but at that time is was all about Megadeth wish I could go back not even sure what album Dio was riding on.

When the Holy Diver album came out in 1984, I saw it in the store and thought
“Cool cover! What the f**k is a Dio?” ... as a 14 year old kid would ...

Bought it and it blew my mind! Great singing, and awesome guitar playing by Vivian Campbell.

rd

Lol at this ... it’s from the Offical live video that came out back in the 80s. Hear Vivian play the wrong guitar part at 1.27 ... wonder they didn’t edit it out and tidy it up.

#332 6 years ago

Holy Diver came out in 1983. As a 13yr-old metal-head in 1983 (hey look, we have the same age ), I already knew DIO from Sabbath!

#333 6 years ago

I was never a big Chicago fan, but after watching a documentary Searching For Terry last night, I have a whole new respect for the man. A most underrated songwriter and guitar player.

Watch him shred thru this live version of 25 or 6 to 4.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Holy Diver came out in 1983. As a 13yr-old metal-head in 1983 (hey look, we have the same age ), I already knew DIO from Sabbath!

I wasn’t into Black Sabbath when I was 10. I doubt you were either ...

rd

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Me neither, but at 11 I had to start somewhere.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

I was 11 when I saw Zeppelin do Stairway from Song remains the Same. The next day I had the double cassette and a few weeks later a black Swan Song Zep shirt.

rd

#337 6 years ago

Your technology in NZ was way ahead of ours in the states.

s-l225 (resized).jpgs-l225 (resized).jpg

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your technology in NZ was way ahead of ours in the states.

I can’t recall ever seeing an 8 track for sale new here. Maybe back in the 70s (before my time..) but I don’t think we had the players here, at least in large numbers. Certainly the cars never had them like they did in the States.

Probably a bit like the Beta VCR players. There were a few around but 99% of people here had VHS so beta went the way of the dinosaurs ...

rd

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Neither did I... I became a HEADBANGER in 1981.

#340 6 years ago

Damn, by '81, I was already well into my punk rock phase.

#341 6 years ago

You can never have too much cowbell.

#342 6 years ago

This was big when I was 8.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Loved the Desolation Boulevard album, still trying to figure out what the song ‘Sweet FA’ is about.

#344 6 years ago

Always thought a Deep Purple pin would be killer - wish there were more fans. Highway Star hurry-up, Space Truckin multiball, Lazy loops, Child in Time wizard mode? It would be a blast!!

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This was big when I was 8.
» YouTube video

UN-stoppable.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

still trying to figure out what the song ‘Sweet FA’ is about.

It's about one bad ass guitar solo at the end. That album pretty much kicks ass front to back.

Here's Heathen's version of Sweet's Set Me free.

#347 6 years ago

Jesus when I was 10 it was all about this guy and now we know for him it was all about me. Still a fan.

MichaelJackson68229 (resized).jpgMichaelJackson68229 (resized).jpg

#348 6 years ago

Nazareth - No Mean City

Great album with some of my favorite artwork. The artwork really fits the dark, echoey recording well. Spooky and eerie.

1 week later
#349 6 years ago

Oh yeah

#350 6 years ago

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-hard-rockmetal-thread/page/7?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.