57999AFD-06E2-4F09-9A54-F2CBC5C63798 (resized).jpeg
BE44BDD1-EA20-4FE8-AEE8-E08C2E1A0ACC (resized).jpeg
0838500B-B6CB-463D-874C-D680FD6328E2 (resized).jpeg
C7FAC4C5-32B5-488F-8CA8-8F90B156B63F (resized).jpeg
759775A7-F5C8-4E15-A02A-D2D593E5FC4E (resized).jpeg
4AD81C5B-67B4-41DD-B0EB-2709761AD5AD (resized).jpeg
96900868-861B-4D9B-8F28-166EA2150446 (resized).jpeg
2DC55DBA-C59E-4656-85FC-963F1ED0398C (resized).jpeg
There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 6 years ago

Ron Keel...

King Kobra

...and Pete Way.
Waysted

and more rarity..
Girl with Phil Collen (Def Leppard), and Phil Lewis (LA Guns)

#253 6 years ago

#254 6 years ago

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Ron Keel...
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
King Kobra
» YouTube video
...and Pete Way.
Waysted
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
and more rarity..
Girl with Phil Collen (Def Leppard), and Phil Lewis (LA Guns)
» YouTube video

KEEL and L.A.GUNS kick major ass!

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

» YouTube video
MR BUNGLE

well, if I can't say sthg nice about it, I won't say anything at all...

#257 6 years ago

I just did the same for keel & l.a. guns

#258 6 years ago

And massacrstion, hard core superstar & krokus!!

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And massacrstion, hard core superstar & krokus!!

Talking of Krokus ... here is a very good story about them from Dee Snider. Well worth the listen!!

Note the part when the mob were going to kill them .... !!

rd

#260 6 years ago

Haha..krappus! Holy fak ya dont fuck with Dee!

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The best band (Thin Lizzy) nobody has really heard of. Except for Boys are back in Town

RD - Have you ever listened to LIVE LIFE by Lizzy? If not give it a try! I feel it's one of the best live albums they put out but it went to the cutout section quickly when it was released due to the label over producing the album.

Any love for Trouble (1987)?

and Eric Wagner (singer for Trouble) just released this late last year (2017).....

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Any love for Trouble (1987)?

Yes I had the albums Psalm 9 and The Skull. They sounded like Black Sabbath.

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

RD - Have you ever listened to LIVE LIFE by Lizzy? If not give it a try! I feel it's one of the best live albums

Yes sir! I think it’s the best of all the Lizzy albums. Tied with Live and Dangerous.

John Sykes cranks the band to a much heavier sound on Live Life ... Lizzy had to compete with the NWOBHM.

That was always Lizzys issue ... the production on the studio albums was dull and shithouse, it’s really only on the live albums where the songs come to life ...

rd

#264 6 years ago

Walk with me ...

rd

#265 6 years ago

Always a rocker started with my favorite the Scorpions through my Dad and found my other top band Motörhead. Wish they would make a pin for Lemmy as he always wanted one.

#266 6 years ago

Finally get to see UDO singer of Accept in March in AZ for a 2hr set of old school Accept songs.

#267 6 years ago

Also discoverd these guys a few years back and enjoy my pirate metal. It happy music. Love my Alestorm. This is not my favorite song by them but I figured to post a more recent new song as maybe it grows on you.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve got the first 8 albums, but sort of fell off the train after that. I had to look up Unleash the Beast to see what it was.
Back in the 80s Saxon were one of the biggest bands of the NWOBHM. They never really caught on outside of Europe though.
They played at Wacken last year. And they’re down to support Priest on their upcoming US tour.
rd

Tribute song by them for Motörhead. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saxon-releases-lyric-video-for-they-played-rock-and-roll-song-written-about-motorhead/

#269 6 years ago

#270 6 years ago

#271 6 years ago

Another song from their new album

#272 6 years ago

For your Friday evening listening pleasure I present Badlands with Jake E Lee...

#273 6 years ago

#274 6 years ago

I only just discovered Ratt only 30 years too late lol.

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from woz:

For your Friday evening listening pleasure I present Badlands with Jake E Lee...
» YouTube video

Love Badlands. Jake E Lee is such a good guitar player, and Ray Gillan belts out the vocals. Eric Singer on drums too.

Great heavy blues/rock.

rd

#276 6 years ago

The Metal Queen

10 years old at the time this video helped a lot, oh yeah.

#279 6 years ago

Satan's Fall

#280 6 years ago

New Saxon - Thunderbolt

#281 6 years ago

I miss this Metallica

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

» YouTube video

Love this era of Accept, including Russian Roulette.

#284 6 years ago

#285 6 years ago

Ahhh sweet Annie.

#286 6 years ago

One band I really like, Underoath.

They’re a Christian metalcore band out of Florida .. they had some success in the late 2000s, then split in 2013 .. evidently they got back together again in 2015 but I haven’t seen a new album yet.

They go pretty hard, but there’s a good sense of melody behind it all.

I have the CDs in high rotation in the pinball room. As cycochris will attest to when he rang me the other day and couldn’t hear me over the Underoath racket lolll

rd

#287 6 years ago

I'm not a big fan of this band but when they get it right its great, heavy stuff.

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not a big fan of this band but when they get it right its great, heavy stuff.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

This band is worthless and will never be remembered, in my top three I can’t stand new trendy stuff.

#289 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This band is worthless and will never be remembered, in my top three I can’t stand new trendy stuff.

Korn is hardly new and trendy .. they’ve been around since 1993. That’s 25 years ...

I like their stuff, the 7 string guitars really give you a punch in the nuts! Some killer riffs in there.

I haven’t got the newer albums, so don’t know much about that. But I have seen the live show, and they’re still out there performing to huge crowds around the world.

If you like a good read, Brian “Head” Welch’s book about finding god is a really good read. He (and the rest of the band) were completely off the rails doing drugs and partying 24/7, and one day he begged god to save him from his imminent death. He reckons god came to him (maybe it was the drugs ..) and told him to quit the band. So he did. Just walked out in 2005. In 2013 he reunited with the cleaned up band and stays there to this day.

Love them or hate them, Korn redefined the heavy sound with the 7 string guitars and downtuning.

rd

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Korn is hardly new and trendy .. they’ve been around since 1993. That’s 25 years ...
I like their stuff, the 7 string guitars really give you a punch in the nuts! Some killer riffs in there.
I haven’t got the newer albums, so don’t know much about that. But I have seen the live show, and they’re still out there performing to huge crowds around the world.
If you like a good read, Brian “Head” Welch’s book about finding god is a really good read. He (and the rest of the band) were completely off the rails doing drugs and partying 24/7, and one day he begged god to save him from his imminent death. He reckons god came to him (maybe it was the drugs ..) and told him to quit the band. So he did. Just walked out in 2005. In 2013 he reunited with the cleaned up band and stays there to this day.
Love them or hate them, Korn redefined the heavy sound with the 7 string guitars and downtuning.
rd

I can’t argue that but I can’t stand them, to me when they started is when metal died.

#291 6 years ago

I can’t argue that but I can’t stand them, to me when they started is when metal died.

+1

#292 6 years ago

Metal died a few years earlier when Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit hit the scene.

Suddenly, all those power ballads by the **metal** bands sounded like gay anthems.

Slaughter - Fly to the angels

Kix - Loco Emotion

White Lion - When The Children Cry

Trixter - Easy Come Easy Go

Ratt - Way Cool Jr

Areosmith - Angel

That was probably the saddest time in music history, men dressed as women, singing ballads with a gated snare drum.

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That was probably the saddest time in music history, men dressed as women, singing ballads with a gated snare drum

True ... but they were laughing all the way to the bank.

It’s easy to look back at certain eras and have a laugh ... what about 70s disco? Huge collars, huge hairdos, bell bottoms, light up dance floors ...

rd

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It’s easy to look back at certain eras and have a laugh ... what about 70s disco?

Disco was great music to dance, do some blow, and get blown.

If I tried to get blown to Winger, I'd loose my erection and my balls would retract.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Disco was great music to dance, do some blow, and get blown.
If I tried to get blown to Winger, I'd loose my erection and my balls would retract.

Dunno ... I wasn’t around LA in the late 80s but I understand Winger BJs were pretty popular ...

rd

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Metal died a few years earlier when Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit hit the scene.
Suddenly, all those power ballads by the **metal** bands sounded like gay anthems.
Slaughter - Fly to the angels
» YouTube video
Kix - Loco Emotion
» YouTube video
White Lion - When The Children Cry
» YouTube video
Trixter - Easy Come Easy Go
» YouTube video
Ratt - Way Cool Jr
» YouTube video
Areosmith - Angel
» YouTube video
That was probably the saddest time in music history, men dressed as women, singing ballads with a gated snare drum.

Ballads is what got their music on the radio. Ratt was one of the best, KIX was/is still a great live band, and Slaughter's first album (Vinnie Vincent Invasion) will blow your ear drums out. Was their shitty music being made? Absolutely, but when hair metal was good, it was really good. Extreme, Dokken, Queensryche, Whitesnake (with Sykes), Alice had "Constrictor" and "Raise your First"....the list goes on and on. Was a great time to grow up.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

(Vinnie Vincent Invasion) will blow your ear drums out.

Blow your eardrums out with high frequencies.

I saw them open for Alice Cooper and that singer's five note range falsetto literally made me chew up a napkin and plug my poor ears.

I'm glad I did, because I can still hear today.

#298 6 years ago

I've just recently gotten back into 80's hairbband metal. One band that I overlooked for quite a while is Damn Yankees. Both of their albums are fantastic and their live performances on YouTube are great too. Jack Blades and Tommy Shaw together were awesome. Ted Nugent as your lead guitar isn't too bad either.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno ... I wasn’t around LA in the late 80s but I understand Winger BJs were pretty popular ...
rd

Kip gave a good BJ, I don't think anyone would argue that.

#300 6 years ago

Meliah Rage - I couldn't decide which song to post so you get a couple.

There are 579 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-hard-rockmetal-thread/page/6?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.