Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02869.JPG
    Untitled.jpg
    FINAL_SOCIAL-MEDIA.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

FINAL_SOCIAL-MEDIA.jpgFINAL_SOCIAL-MEDIA.jpg

Hello fellow ballers.

I am starting this thread to both announce and provide details about our upcoming event @ PinCrossing.

Our first Summer Classic, for all intents and purposes, was our grand opening. Now, after a year of growth, we would like to invite everyone to what is essentially our first birthday party.

The upcoming Second Annual Summer Classic promises to be bigger and better then any of the numerous events we have held during our first year.

In addition to the main tournament, there will be side events for, classics, kids, and women. To sweeten the deal even more, bounty prizes will be offered for completing certain pinball achievements during the event. Over $1000 in cash and prizes will be up for grabs!

As always, our brother in business, The Railroad Street Bar and Grill will be serving up awesome beer and food.

We will also be offering limited edition copies of our event poster and t- shirts commemorating the event. Additionally, since it is a birthday, there will be free birthday cake.

Most importantly, in line with the biggest reason PinCrossing even exists in the first place, we hope to spend the day playing pinball with others who enjoy the games as much as we do.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I know is a long winded post and we really hope to see you on The 23rd.

If anyone has any questions I will be more then happy to answer them here.

#2 9 years ago

Any word on what the bounties will be?

#3 9 years ago

Bounties will be finalized the day before the event after we tighten them up for tournament play. Bounties will also be broken into A and B division groups based on IFPA rank. For example, we may have a bounty for getting to Monsters of Rock for A division and Monster Bash for B division.

#4 9 years ago

The shirts arrived yesterday and come out great! They were done on 100% cotton American Apparel Jersey shirts which are super soft and made in USA.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Awesome prize pool!

#6 9 years ago

I live almost 2 hours from railroad st bar but visited a few weeks ago. Rode my bike there and had lunch the grilled cheese crab sandwich was awesome. The beer was great. but the best thing was the selection of quality pins. And unlike most places that have pins these actually worked. Wished i lived closer i would be there everyday.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback tjohns, that is great to hear!

So are you the Centaur fan I heard about?

-Jay

#8 9 years ago

Might try and make it out for this, even though I think I would get stomped in the tournament . I've heading to pincrossing a lot lately; maybe I'll develop a 6th sense for some of the machines and bring home the gold.

#9 9 years ago

That is great to hear, Applesaucesome! As for your potential tournament results, fear not. The official list of events and prizes is coming soon but there will be a ton of opportunities for both advanced and novice players to win something.

#10 9 years ago

Do we need to pre-register or is a first come first serve? I thought I heard the field was filled but hoping not.

#11 9 years ago

There is no pre-registration. Just show up and purchase some entries. We open at 11.

#12 9 years ago

This is one of the advantages of Best Game Qualifying format, especially at a location that has food and beer to keep you entertained instead of just waiting for the next round to start. Everyone can participate and they can do so as much or as little as they like. You can play for an hour and then just hang out and have a few beers or you can play all day.

I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of the format myself until Doug Polka showed us how to do it right out at the Rowdy Buck bar in Pittsburgh earlier this year after the IFPA State Finals. We had a blast and have been using the format a lot more ever since.

-Jay

#13 9 years ago

no jay not me. But i can see why TOM is on everyones wish list. Really enjoyed playing that one.

#14 9 years ago

Our ToM is the best one I've ever played yet... it isn't really all that complex of a game but I just love the shots and keep coming back for more.

I say "our" ToM, but the truth is my wife stole it from me shortly after we got it and currently claims full ownership... it is her favorite game by far (at least until MM shows up

-Jay

#15 9 years ago

I just wanted to clarify the event schedule time for those of you who have asked about arriving after the 12 noon start time. The final hour of the event is designated for the qualifiers finals, meaning the sale of entries will cease promptly at 4:30 and all scores must be entered by 5pm. So, in short, as long as you arrive before 4:30 you can compete in any of the categories you qualify for.
    We are hoping to finalize the full list of events and prizes sometime this weekend. Once the completed document is in my possession I will post it in this thread. I do know that there will be a bounty award, in both A and B classes, for EVERY machine avaliable to play.

For those of you asking about posters, there will be several chances to win one. Any left at the end of the day will be sold. I do not know what that number will be. We are expecting a nice sized turn out so the best way to make sure you get one is to compete in and win one of the catagories which has a poster as the prize. Like I said, there will be several.
    Needless to say, we are very excited for next Saturday and hope to see you all there, flipping away.

#16 9 years ago

Our Grand Champion trophy is ready... Who is going to take it home?

DSC02869.JPGDSC02869.JPG

#17 9 years ago

Dude that trophy is awesome.

#18 9 years ago

For reference, that is a ~3 inch steel ball, not a standard size pinball. The whole trophy is about 2.5 feet tall.

#19 9 years ago

Here is a list of our event categories and associated prizes. Specific bounties have yet to be determined, so they are not listed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6BgMcic8Rj1qnl6VZ5A0cAuclGhL6dse24oahZNvj0/edit?usp=sharing

#20 9 years ago

Checking in!

See everyone on Saturday, can't wait!

#21 9 years ago

Will this be like the Pincrossing Project Pinball tournament where 8 players qualified for the finals which were held on 1 game and seeds 3 & 4 got a bye, and seeds 1 and 2 got a double bye?

#22 9 years ago

Looks like an awesome time! As usual, wish I could join

#23 9 years ago

Less than a day away...

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

Will this be like the Pincrossing Project Pinball tournament where 8 players qualified for the finals which were held on 1 game and seeds 3 & 4 got a bye, and seeds 1 and 2 got a double bye?

Yes.

And as a special bonus, I even managed to print the playoff seed order properly this time

#25 9 years ago

Any pics from the event?

#26 9 years ago

Yeah, how did it go? Unfortunately I could not attend, which was disappointing.

#27 9 years ago

I couldn't get there either due to a cousin's car needing some work done. I'd never turn down helping family in need, but I admit it sucks when you have the tools to do so and have other things you'd rather do. But helping out people in need takes priority.

Hope everyone had a great time and can share some pictures.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pincrossing-second-annual-summer-classic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.