(Topic ID: 132786)

The official PinCrossing Players Association thread.

By pepermintswirl

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by coreyhulse
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

StateChamps (resized).png
IMG_20190822_195716 (resized).jpg
DSC06451 (resized).jpg
DSC06526 (resized).jpg
DSC06515 (resized).jpg
DSC06502 (resized).jpg
DSC06509 (resized).jpg
DSC06535 (resized).jpg
doublefirepower (resized).jpg
IMG_8927 (resized).JPG
summerclassic800 (resized).jpg
firepower (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_8198_2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6072 (resized).jpg
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG
There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

I just thought it might be fun to have a centralized hub to discuss all things PinCrossing. Upcoming events, league night themes, current games, machines you might like to see in the future, and smack talk about tournament results.

#2 8 years ago

For starters, who is going to be there this Saturday for the Monthly tournament and who wants to play me for dollars on Embryon?

Also, who is excited to see the new KISS LE in action?

#3 8 years ago

I'm in! I'll roast up some of that organic coffee tonight so it is ready for a fresh grind and brew in the morning.

I'm stoked for the KISS LE, but also for AMH. It is anyone's bet which gets here first... they are both close.

-Jay

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

I'm stoked for the KISS LE, but also for AMH. It is anyone's bet which gets here first... they are both close.
-Jay

AMH is that close? Awesome!!

#5 8 years ago

I had to leave before the end of today's tournament. Does anybody who was there want to fill me in on who won?

My shot accuracy was terrible all day (minus one game of Metallica) and I didn't even qualify top 8

#6 8 years ago

I left before the A division final was over. But, I believe Dennis was playing Ken for the final. Daniel beat Brandon S. in the B division final.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

-Jay

The tough question is whAt Cabinets are yielDing their spaCe?

#8 8 years ago

I was in Birdsboro on Saturday picking up a machine and my buddy and I decided to stop in for some pinball and grilled cheese. We actually stumbled in on the tournament. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad there were enough machines that we could still play without getting in the way.

On a side note, the Lobster Grilled Cheese is freakin' awesome!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I was in Birdsboro on Saturday picking up a machine and my buddy and I decided to stop in for some pinball and grilled cheese. We actually stumbled in on the tournament. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm glad there were enough machines that we could still play without getting in the way.
On a side note, the Lobster Grilled Cheese is freakin' awesome!

Glad you could stop by! We have them monthly so hopefully you can plan to come back next month! Their food is so good it should be illegal.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from rudygulp42:

We have them monthly so hopefully you can plan to come back next month!

It's a little bit of a haul for me to get there (1h 45m each way). I've been playing pinball for less than a year so I'm not very good. I would probably just be making a donation to the prize fund, so I think I should just stick to playing for fun for now. Well, and my very casual "let's get hammered and play pinball for fun" league.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

It's a little bit of a haul for me to get there (1h 5m each way). I've been playing pinball for less than a year so I'm not very good. I would probably just be making a donation to the prize fund, I'll just stick to playing for fun for now.

45 min each way for me! ;D But I have a history of making bad decisions.

#12 8 years ago

Let it be known that I'm playing cross armed and blindfolded in the opening round from now on so I don't have to play stupid old games in the second round.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Let it be known that I'm playing cross armed and blindfolded in the opening round from now on so I don't have to play stupid old games in the second round.

Centaur loves you. He just wants to be your friend and let you ride on the back of his chopper.

1 week later
#14 8 years ago

PinCrossing (at the Railroad) is now officially home of Philly's Best Beer Bar in the 'Burbs!

BestofPhilly.JPGBestofPhilly.JPG

http://www.phillymag.com/best-of-philly/awards/beer-bar-burbs/

#15 8 years ago

Very cool Jay! Now if they'd just get that bridge finished!

#16 8 years ago

"vintage pinball machines" lol

#17 8 years ago

A dozen taps? More like 4 dozen. While this is a very cool recognition of awesomness, one has to wonder if the author of the review has ever been there.

In other news, any word on that KISS LE ? Is there going to be an arrival event?

#18 8 years ago

Our KISS LE is in transit with an expected delivery this week

#19 8 years ago

Can we get a roll call of players representing the PPA at Replay FX? I would like to know who is going so I can follow your performance.

#20 8 years ago

2nd place in B. Nicely done Jay!

1 week later
#21 8 years ago

Does anyone care to share the info about who won the monthly on Saturday?

#22 8 years ago

I believe Pete won the monthly tournament on august 8th.

#23 8 years ago

Pete was on fire!

1 week later
#24 8 years ago

Join us next weekend for our 3rd annual Summer Classic event! Featuring famous Railroad Street Bar & Grill BBQ, t-shirts, games, prizes, craft beer and of course all your favorite pinball machines!

Doors open at 11AM and qualifying begins at 11:30AM. The semi-finals and finals rounds will begin at 5:30PM.

We have a limited number of 20 VIP passes available for those pre-registering. VIP passes are $60 and include:

- 12 entries for the main tournament
- 3 charity event entries
- BBQ buffet including hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, salad, etc.
- Drink token good for one Victory Brewing beer, soda or iced tea
- "Kingsford Blue" event T-shirt (blue is available to VIP and prize members only)

VIP Passes are available here : http://www.jayspinball.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

See our Facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/421050301415189/

Summer_Classic_2015.pngSummer_Classic_2015.png

#25 8 years ago

Shirts are here:

DSC03727.JPGDSC03727.JPG

#26 8 years ago

Who won the Summer Classic finals? Had to leave before it was all done.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

Join us next weekend for our 3rd annual Summer Classic event! Featuring famous Railroad Street Bar & Grill BBQ, t-shirts, games, prizes, craft beer and of course all your favorite pinball machines!

Aww man, we were there the night before but didn't notice anything advertising this... would've been there for sure, even if just to check to see if AMH was up yet. Kinda cracked out on pinball this weekend - hit PinCrossing, Pinball Gallery and Village Arcade for a couple hours each.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from bservi:

Who won the Summer Classic finals? Had to leave before it was all done.

Bowden won according to fb

#29 8 years ago

Heading over there now for some AMH and grins. Come out if yer bored, we'll prolly close the place.

#30 8 years ago

I have to say the guys that run pincrossing are great. The additions of kiss LE and Americas most haunted are fantastic. The games are always clean and working. I went into a couple of days ago and a piece of plastic was broken on Spider-Man which was hanging into the left orbit. 2 days later the plastic is fixed. Love the attention to detail. Hope they bring back Twlight Zone soon.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Diesel2627:

I have to say the guys that run pincrossing are great.

I agree, the attention to detail puts me right over the top. I'd be there right now if they were open.

1 week later
#33 8 years ago

Wahoo! Congrats Brian!

#34 8 years ago

Thanks. When you start at the bottom, you can only go up!!

1 month later
#35 8 years ago

Stopped by today and saw a for sale sign on a couple of the games. I hope they are selling a couple games to make room for new ones. Addams family was always a ton of fun.

#36 8 years ago

Still my favorite local place to play, headed up there tomorrow. I want that TOM

#37 8 years ago

Just a heads up TOM was down yesterday when I went to play

#38 8 years ago

ToM is getting repaired in preparation for our monthly tournament tomorrow. It should be back up today but I'll confirm.

-Jay

#39 8 years ago

ToM is back up and working and will be included in the tournament tomorrow

#40 8 years ago

TOM played just fine today. Thanks Jay

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Diesel2627:

Stopped by today and saw a for sale sign on a couple of the games. I hope they are selling a couple games to make room for new ones.

Yeah, saw that tonight... Wife says Centaur ][ needs to be in our basement. She's not wrong.

3 months later
#42 8 years ago

PinCrossing is doing a selfie league.

Here's the post from FB:

The PinCrossing Selfie league is FREE with no registration required! Just play any of the 4 games selected for this month and post your selfie scores to this group!

Players may make as many entries as they like, with their highest score for each game counting toward the tournament. Entries will be submitted to the IFPA using your Facebook registered name by default. If you would like to use a different name please include it in your first monthly selfie post.

All entries must include a picture showing your final score, the game and yourself. You can take the picture with your phone or have a friend take it for you.

Follow along with our live standings at: https://www.neverdrains.com/pincrossing

Finals will occur before the monthly Saturday tournament and start at 11:15AM. The last qualifying games allowed are that Friday evening. Our top 4 players will play the A division finals and the next group of 4 will play the B division finals. Finals will be PAPA style 3-game rounds using 7/5/3/1 scoring (7/4/1 for any 3-player groups). A and B division champions will each receive $20 gift certificates donated by the Railroad Street Bar and Grill!

#43 8 years ago

Sounds cool, I'm game for giving this a try. It's a bit of a complication right now as my wife seems to be holding a grudge against DJ, something about a drink he refused to make her I think. I'm just like, "Arghhh anywhere but here, don't boycott my favorite bar!"

#44 8 years ago

whoops

#45 8 years ago

The only drink I ever order is "whatever DJ decides to pour for me".

8 months later
#46 7 years ago

Kicking up the ol' PinCrossing thread to promote the Holiday League. We're running a three-week match-play session in December where you can use your Fall bank scores (or log new ones)!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1003806553098983/

2 weeks later
#47 7 years ago

Heard Rob Zombie pin is there now. Haven't been to the Rail in way too long. Need to get there to check it out. How are you liking it?

2 weeks later
#48 7 years ago

Can someone please confirm or deny that the next monthly Pincrossing is set for 1/14?

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Can someone please confirm or deny that the next monthly Pincrossing is set for 1/14?

PinCrossing's going to be switching to a Quarterly Tournament format (as opposed to Monthly). We're still working out the details, but we envision the first one is going to take place in February.

#50 7 years ago

Jay hosted a NYE pinball party at his home. Here are the results:

----------------

Thanks to everyone who came out to Jay's Place for the NYE Tournament!

Amy Miller won the hidden flipper game and took home an awesome framed Pinsanity poster. Pete Tsipouras won the "Dollar Game" by rolling Captain Fantastic TWICE and posting a score of over 200,000! Nathaniel Gibson won both A Division and the Classics Contest, and Pete Tsipouras took home B Division.

Be sure to check out the photos from the event!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.929329513835833.1073741841.379735418795248&type=3

A Division Finals:
1 - Nathaniel Gibson
2 - Joe Miller
3 - Jay Robinson
4 - Matt Minton

B Division Finals:
1 - Pete Tsipouras
2 - Brandon Service
3 - Corey Hulse
4 - Gavin Robinson

Classics Competition:
1 - Nathaniel Gibson
2 - Brian Mills
3 - Michael Reimer
4 - Kristine Hulse
4 - Corey Hulse

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pincrossing-players-association-thread?hl=coreyhulse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.