(Topic ID: 24983)

The Official **Multiple Choice TRON Poll** (a.k.a., MCtP)

By pinster68

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What does your TRON collection include?”

• Tron Legacy Pinball 40 votes
      65%
    • Tron Arcade (1982) 12 votes
      19%
    • Discs of Tron Arcade (1983) 3 votes
      5%
    • Tron (1982) DVD/VCR Media 30 votes
      48%
    • Tron Legacy DVD/DVR/Bluray Media 42 votes
      68%
    • Tron Action Figures/Diecast Toys 31 votes
      50%
    • Tron Garments, Accessories, or Household Items (Tron suit, PJs, Toothbrush, Toilet Seat Cover, Etc.) 15 votes
      24%
    • You've Dated, Graduated With, or Remotely Knew One of the Hot Chicks from the Movie (or one of the guys if you're a chick) 4 votes
      6%
    • Other. Please specify. 11 votes
      18%

(Multiple choice - 62 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron-usp-1.png
    TronArcade.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_1600sm.jpg
    photo.JPG
    Tomy_Tron.jpg
    26ff7336b7ac8c4f9983027a4fa85f8e.jpg
    646ff37143213dca29faab73ab649b9d.jpg
    45daf11c2df1465a17005d38b6d161f2.jpg
    a71edea27bc9c535c1e8eeed312182e4.jpg
    IMG_0115.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Yep, it's here. And it's official...

Bonus points if you post a pic of your Tron collection.

#2 11 years ago

Dear god! Pinball for me was in bars not arcades. I guess I grew up around a different crowd. If you have Tron garments I am extremely concerned!!

#3 11 years ago

I voted "other." Picked one of these up at the flea market over the summer. It's actually pretty fun!

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tomy/Tron.htm

#4 11 years ago

Intellivision Tron Deadly Discs was the first video game I got for my game system back around 1982.
    I still have it by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron:_Deadly_Discs

#5 11 years ago

Dear god! Pinball for me was in bars not arcades. I guess I grew up around a different crowd. If you have Tron garments I am extremely concerned!!

Don't be concerned, be jealous.

IMG_0115.JPGIMG_0115.JPG

#6 11 years ago

They're out there ... waaaaaaay out there:

a71edea27bc9c535c1e8eeed312182e4.jpga71edea27bc9c535c1e8eeed312182e4.jpg

#7 11 years ago

My all original 1982 Bally/Midway Tron

45daf11c2df1465a17005d38b6d161f2.jpg45daf11c2df1465a17005d38b6d161f2.jpg 646ff37143213dca29faab73ab649b9d.jpg646ff37143213dca29faab73ab649b9d.jpg 26ff7336b7ac8c4f9983027a4fa85f8e.jpg26ff7336b7ac8c4f9983027a4fa85f8e.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Other: Intellivision Tron Deadly Discs, Tron Maze-A-Tron and Tron Solar Sailer.
    Maybe...someday...a Stern Tron Legacy. It's out of my price range.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Only the ones she left on my floor.

#10 11 years ago

HUO Tron LE, NIB Tron pro, original soundtrack on 12" vinyl, soundtrack CD reissue, a couple Adidas Tron t-shirts. Wouldn't mind having an arcade cabinet someday, more for looks than the game itself.

#11 11 years ago

When I was a kid, I fricken loved this little portable tabletop version:

Tomy_Tron.jpgTomy_Tron.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Other. I have the soundtrack and Reconfigured soundtrack.

#13 11 years ago

Who's got the discs of tron arcade? Is it an EDOT? Later down the road I'll either overpay for a used one or build another from scratch...

#14 11 years ago

Oh, that fully functioning upright Tron arcade game in my basement? Got it for the price of FREE!

#15 11 years ago

Both films on blu-ray only, though if I had it my way I'd be able to tick everything on that list

#16 11 years ago

Does the mini arcade and hallmark ornaments and some matchbox count?

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

They're out there ... waaaaaaay out there:

Lol! For me, I was just given a TRON t-shirt which I wear from time-to-time.

Nice, Gweempose! I got one of those TOMY handheld TRON games as a child and even still have it all these decades later!

#18 11 years ago

I fight for the users

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#19 11 years ago

I got one of these Flynn Lives t-shirts from the movie viral campaign. I had to take a secret invite to the imax theater at 11am, we were shown the trailer first, then got a shirt. Was fun.

Also got an Encom employee badge with my photo on it from the same campaign (and stickers and pins). Couldn't believe how much money they spent on me, although in the end, I guess I bought a pinball machine because of it.

IMG_1600sm.jpgIMG_1600sm.jpg

#20 11 years ago

I'm a big Tron fan, just got done restoring an EDOT and I have a minty/fully restored Tron upright arcade game (the one in the pic is my old one, I just got the restored one about a month ago). I also have a Tron LE pinball machine.

IMG_2644.jpgIMG_2644.jpg

#21 11 years ago

You forgot to add an option on Tron in MAME (discs of Tron, Tron, Tron Mahjong...). Ironic, I just watched Tron Legacy on my ipad flying home two nights ago. After 5 times watching it, it's not as bad of a movie as the first time I saw it and my impression. Tron LE captures it so perfectly. Just wish quotes in game more spread out. Watch the movie then play Tron pinball. Most of the quotes are from the first 10 minutes of the movie.

#22 11 years ago

Ok who knew someone from the movie? 3 responses - speak up.

#23 11 years ago

Other + movies + shirt.

Others include a Recognizer neon sign in a custom color (Take that, KLOV! We don't need no stinkin' red Recognizer! Go green, go corruption!) and I also have a sealed Tron Legacy trailer film reel that was never used in a theatre.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Ok who knew someone from the movie? 3 responses - speak up.

Yeah, was wondering the same. Let's hear it. Fess up.

#25 11 years ago

I'm a big Tron fan, just got done restoring an EDOT and I have a minty/fully restored Tron upright arcade game (the one in the pic is my old one, I just got the restored one about a month ago). I also have a TRON LE pinball machine.

Now that's a beauty. Thanks for sharing. I remember playing one in the arcades all those years ago.

My Tron upright is arcade-fresh. It's got graffiti, cigarette burns, fade, water damage, and general wear. But it works perfect, and actually looks so authentic that I'm struggling with doing a full restore. In the end I'll do it, probably with a new CNC-cut cabinet, then disassemble the old cab and use the one side as wall art.

TronArcade.jpgTronArcade.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Under other:
    * Tomy Tron: http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tomy/Tron.htm
    * Oakley Pit boss TRON Glasses with Backpack: http://www.freshnessmag.com/2010/12/06/tron-legacy-x-oakley-pit-boss-glasses-hard-shell-backpack/
    * TRON Cologne: http://www.amazon.com/TRON-LEGACY-Disney-Cologne-LIGHT/dp/B0081UINQY
    * TRON Evolution Collector's Edition: http://www.amazon.com/TRON-Evolution-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B003ZFVD76
    * TRON Keyboard & Mouse: http://www.razerzone.com/tron

That's it from memory. Will try to post pics when I'm back to the office where stash all my stuff.

#27 11 years ago

Oh, I do have and use the Tron mouse on my PC at home. It SUCKS. My wife's OTHER Razer mouse SUCKS also. They both will just turn themselves off at random for no reason, stay dead for 30 sec to 5 minutes, then suddenly come back on. Let me tell you what an absolute JOY that is in the middle of a game.. they have no explanation, wouldn't warranty either mouse, and no driver or firmware updates ever fixed it.

Never. Buying. Another. Razer. Product. DONE.

#28 11 years ago

What does "EDOT" mean?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from mccoy2797:

What does "EDOT" mean?

Environmental Discs of Tron. It's the cabinet you stand in that creates an environment around the player, as opposed to just being an upright that you stand in front of.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I'm a big Tron fan, just got done restoring an EDOT and I have a minty/fully restored Tron upright arcade game (the one in the pic is my old one, I just got the restored one about a month ago). I also have a TRON LE pinball machine.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Environmental Discs of Tron. It's the cabinet you stand in that creates an environment around the player, as opposed to just being an upright that you stand in front of.

Thank you! Yeah, those EDOT's are badass! It's been YEARS since I've played one.

#32 11 years ago

Sadly, Frax is absolutely correct. The TRON mouse goes off once in a while and then comes back immediately. It hasn't been annoying enough to replace, but now that I know it's a common problem, I won't bother trying to swap it. The keyboard is alright, but I switched since to a Das Keyboard, which is amazing. Now, the TRON keyboard just adorns my shelf where all the other collectibles are.

#33 11 years ago

Being a Razer fanboy i always liked the look of these.

Edit: just saw frax's comment. All i own is razer gear... at current count 8-9 i think. Never had any problems with them. Well once i did but they have excellent customer service and they sent me a free replacement.

Cant vouch for this mouse's reliability sadly, but my Naga is perfect and irreplaceable for me. If you find your self having problem w/ razer gear i strongly suggest you try the customer service. Always been good to me.

tron-usp-1.pngtron-usp-1.png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-multiple-choice-tron-poll-aka-mctp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.