Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cmack750
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180622-151106 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-151049 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-150949 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-143002 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-134957 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-134944 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-134933 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-134924 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180622-134900 (resized).png

#1 7 years ago

Hello Pinsiders!

With the advent of the "Letgo" App, I've decided to start a new thread to post laughs, frustrations, and possibly, honest pinball sales.

I have bought two machines using Letgo, but honestly, I feel it's a far more frustrating experience than Craigslist.

Let's hear from YOU, about your Letgo Experiences!

#2 7 years ago

1. I tried to buy an F-14 Tomcat. Letgo auto-generated the title as "Black Pinball Arcade Game" Three weeks after I initially asked the seller if I could buy it, He finally replies "Item Sold". It's still on Letgo...

2. I tried to buy a Pinbot for $1050, of course, it sold immediately, but the seller didn't know how to remove it from Letgo, I had to help her.

3. I FINALLY 'WON'! A seller had a non-working X's and O's that a friend and I negotiated. I ended up renting an SUV, and driving 6 hours (one way) to get the machine, it was dead allright. Seller was an honest person. We got it into the vehicle and the remnants of Hurricane Matthew came, forcing our trip to be two days, not one. With a lot of TLC, the machine is working now.

4. Some EM's are worth $2500 on letgo. Yes, it's true, even non working ones. You can't even negotiate, these are gold plated machines on Letgo. Better than the ones on eBay!

#3 7 years ago

Dunno,I look around on Letgo and have Bally Vector on it now.I think my biggest complaint is the communication from seller or that ads are not updated as sold. It's still a fairly new app tho,we'll have to give it some more time to see if it becomes as popular as CL.
    Mike

#4 7 years ago

I've tried to like it. It's like Craigslist v2.0 to me. The same delusional sellers are there so I've generally avoided it after a few failed attempts at making deals. I know others have good luck.

2 weeks later
    #5 7 years ago

I can't even buy NORMAL (non pinball) things on there, I tell the seller that I'm interested, and I never seem to get a reply. sheesh.

1 year later
    #6 5 years ago

Here's my conversation from today with a seller on Letgo. Good for a laugh. He put a posting up for a Black Knight. One single blurry picture.... Price set to negotiable.

Screenshot_20180622-134900 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134900 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134924 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134924 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134933 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134933 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134944 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134944 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134957 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-134957 (resized).png
    #7 5 years ago

But wait..... There's more!

Screenshot_20180622-143002 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-143002 (resized).png
    #8 5 years ago

And......looks like I made a new friend.

Screenshot_20180622-150949 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-150949 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-151049 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-151049 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-151106 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180622-151106 (resized).png
    #9 5 years ago

Why are you bothering to share information with that nut?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Why are you bothering to share information with that nut?

No way I'm giving him my actual location.

#11 5 years ago

I like this quote "I understand. Your dirt poor and collect garbage." LOL. If you're going to insult someone by saying that they're poor, at least use proper grammar. It's You're, not Your pal.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

No way I'm giving him my actual location.

I'm not sure that's his primary concern. F' that noise....

#13 5 years ago

I hear you..... But the conversation proved too entertaining to NOT keep it going. But don't worry, I'll get the last laugh. When I finally decide to buy a 5k BK, I'll do my business elsewhere. And I'll stick it right next to my 10k 1979 Kiss Machine.

#14 5 years ago

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

#15 5 years ago

I thought CL could get some flakes.

Holy cow, Letgo creates them, including me, and I pride myself in not being a flake.

I was doing some music production and collected a bunch of nice/expensive stuff. Stopped producing and wanted to liquidate. I *love* how easy it is to post stuff. I was running around the studio taking pictures and posting and picking very aggressive (low) prices just so I could quickly clean house. The replies I *should* have received (and what I would have done when I was looking for this gear) should have been like, "I'll take it! Where are you, I have cash and I'll come right now to pick it up?"

Instead, I got inundated with "Is the item still available." and "Are you negotiable." Probably 100 in less than an hour. I scrolled through to see if anyone said, "I'll take it." and not a one.

I kept getting those ridiculous canned messages so much that I just tuned-out even though I finally did get some that said they wanted it. I was so overwhelmed and put off that I never responded.

I eventually put them on CL and had everything sold in one day.

I am still getting those stupid messages on Letgo but I wont even bother to figure out how to delete the posts so it just made me a flake seller. I feel a little bad about that, but not much.

If they get rid of the canned responses, it might actually start to work but it is just too easy for people to hit a button and it doesn't move the sales process along but in fact retards it.

#16 5 years ago

I hate the canned responses. In fact, I've sent 3 "is this still available?" questions to people without even knowing it because the back button on my phone is right next to that canned message. Next thing I know, I'm getting someone sending me a message that says "Yes" with no idea what they are talking about.

"where should we meet up?" makes me feel like I'm using Tinder or something. Of course, it WAS the perfect wise-ass response in the conversation I had above......

quick "I'll take it!" messages and pinball machines don't really go well together unless the listing actually says it's broken/garbage and/or the price is low enough that you really don't care. Because experience tells me that with pinball, "great" or "working" condition posts always have something more to it that have to be discovered....oftentimes things that severely affect the value and fair price.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-letgo-letdown-thread?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.