IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Has anyone changed out the blue rubbers on the scoop? Mine broke off and needs to be replaced. There isn't much room to get a wrench in there. Anyone been successful??
[quoted image]

Did it actually break? It looks like the top screw of the pad might of just backed out. If you look around the bottom of your cabinet you might be able to find it and screw it back in.

#6020 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m same, 2nd line from bottom. Been toying with the ideas of increasing it up a little more. I love the way Karl’s machine plays on streams, I just want to be careful not to ruin any of the combo flows. I’ll report back if/when I test different pitches.

What pitch was Karl at during his stream?

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what do y’all have your flipper power at? This game plays so much better with powerful flippers but I want to make sure I’m not gonna to damage my game. Right now I am at +2 on each flipper, 18 on upper

If you notice a spike in airballs and your ball jumping the ramps then I’d be a bit concerned, but if you don’t flip on and enjoy IMHO.

1 week later
#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In testing the right flipper gets hotter than the left as it's used more. It's especially an issue if you have one of the builds with the larger FL-11629 coils on the right flipper rather than the smaller, cooler FL-15411 (that still fades in GnR, but not as fast as it doesn't get as hot). It seems like JJP has moved to FL-15411s on all three main flippers now, but there are still some out there with a single larger FL-11629 on the right (or strangely, just the upper right instead on at least one) that will get even hotter than the 15411s. You can tell what you have by looking at the numbers on the flipper coil wrappers. 15411s still fade, but they seem to top out about 40-50F less than the 11629s. So still pretty bad, but not as bad.
In one of the non-cooled baseline temp tests Karl Deangelo (who traps a lot) had a temp of 219.8F on the right flipper. In the final long test, the Tibetan Breeze kit installed cut 100F off that temp and restored full power, but it was a struggle getting there. It required multiple tests with increasingly more powerful fans since the standard fan I use in the Spike and Spooky kits didn't have enough CFM to keep the coil below the fade zone. We stepped up from the standard fan to one with 20% more CFM to finally one with 50% more CFM to get to a point where the temps could be held below the fade zone with only maybe a quick spike into the bottom of it if there was a lot of trapping for a long time (we're talking like 20min straight). So the JJP kit will be different than all the other kits so far in that the fan is much more powerful because of the extreme temps the coils generate.
Here's a graph of the temps from those two tests on the right flipper. You can see that the uncooled right flipper was already at a crazy 195F after only about 30 minutes of play...
[quoted image]
And here's one where all the jjPotC flippers were compared uncooled vs cooled that's pretty illustrative...[quoted image]

I’m interested in your fans also but had a few questions. On the graph above it looks like the test was done with the older coil FL-11629 and I was wondering if you tried the test on the cooler coil FL-15411 and did it still need the upgraded fan(compared to the left fan) to keep the smaller coil cool? Great mod man reminds me of my R/C racing days and we were always fighting heat temps on our motors and ESC’s.

1 week later
#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! The worst is missing the applause jackpot, all those points just vanish into thin air.

Some day I’ll be able to feel the sting of loosing a giant jackpot also

1 week later
#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

...and I think I may have to sleep in my car now.

That’s pretty funny man you almost made me drop my drink...lol

6 months later
#15942 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

GNR is steadily moving into a top 5, maybe even top 3 favorite pin of all time for me. Moments, Adrenalin, risk, agony, reward, and of course…the encore.
Just to share some of those moments I experienced tonight. Had double right loops then smack into the right ramp target for a lights double jackpot. Then a left loop > upper right flipper inner loop > whip around and let it bypass down to the bottom right flipper and smack into the left ramp straight into a ball lock. And anytime I get the ball to whiz through the center spinner and through the pops up the whizzy-do into the top lanes, especially during a band frenzy; so sweet.
I just can’t stop smiling, game is so good, felt compelled to post. I Feel bad for anyone refusing to experience the genius GNR offers when they think it’s just a glorified light show. Oh well, sucks to be them haha.

Can’t wait to have this feeling…soon

2 months later
#18874 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Wouldn't say caught up yet. Ordered through a Canadian distributor in April. Last update was they would not be receiving any units in December.
I asked where I was in the queue and was informed I was 14th. I then see some US distros having units for sale on site.
A bit frustrating.

I ordered from a distributor in early February and I’m still waiting for my pin. I was told October…then November…and last I heard was December but that’s not going to happen . I’m not happy but I’ll just have to sit back and continue to be patient until I finally get the beautiful email for final payment.

2 weeks later
#19303 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Are you also anxiously waiting on a January drop from JJP for a new LE machine? I'm hoping mine ships any day now...

I got the final payment email today for my GnR . I’m jumping in the jungle real soon…man what a wait.

1 week later
#19795 2 years ago

Finally in the club!

8E7BA987-29C5-449A-8187-AD7C1947351E.jpeg8E7BA987-29C5-449A-8187-AD7C1947351E.jpeg
#19808 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How excited are you right now? I’m 1,089 games in since late august and have never loved a material item more than this. Wasn’t a huge GNR fan before I got the game. Now I consider them the last greatest band.
If you’ve got the dough, get a high quality sub (I have a KEF kube 10” connected with pinnovators tap) and Pinwoofer GT kit. It makes for the greatest ducking thing ever.

I actually have a Polk 10” power sub coming tomorrow. I’m super excited and so is my wife with our GnR. We were told multiple times that it was going to ship but it kept getting pushed back, thank goodness that’s all in the past now. After I unboxed it and set it up I noticed it needed a few minor tweaks straight out of the box. The flippers needed to be adjusted because one was higher then the other…no big deal. The AXL magnet was pushed up through the playfield(this was priority)so I had to adjust it level with the playfield or else it would cause the ball to jump going around the orbits. After making those few adjustments and looking it over for loose wires we played a few test games and it all seems good to go…Now it’s time to Rock out and Max out! On a side note my wife seems to really enjoy this pin and she put up a little over 20,000,000 and has the GC…as of today.

#19814 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Dang. Any interest in a wife swap? 20 mil GC night 1.

I think I’m going to pass …Before this Covid thing I got her in my/our league and she holds her own with the guys and gets a kick out of it.

#19817 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice congrats Will! 20 mil in the first night/week? Impressive! Feel free to shoot me a text if you have any setup, tweaks, rules, etc… questions. Enjoy.

Thanks man I’ll definitely take you up on that offer…once I wrap my head around some strategies so we can compare.Today I lost a 60 million jackpot so I feel like I’m starting to get the shots down so hopefully I’ll really get this pin rocking. I got the Polk 10” sub in today and man what a difference. GnR is definitely going to make me neglect my other pins…I can already see it coming.

#19904 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Just unboxed and played for an hour… this pin is fukn awesome!

Congrats man! I just finished playing my GnR and I was thinking the same thing. This beautiful pin gives me that one more game feeling that I haven’t had in a long time.

#19907 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Was it just me or did Karl’s stream cut out near the end tonight? I wasn’t able to get connected again but could connect to other twitch streams. Never saw the outcome after the 295,000,000 game.

Man 295,000,000 million game I definitely have a lot of work to do since my GC is only at 87,000,000 at the moment. I’m starting to get the shots down but I’m still not familiar with all the song modes yet. Hopefully my GC will go up as I learn the song modes and get a real fat Jackpot. This pin is so good at letting you think your going to get a crazy jackpot and then it pulls the carpet out from under you …I guess that’s why it’s so addictive

#19929 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Messed around with the kids 3d printer this weekend.
Everything was from thingiverse and scales to fit (I guessed on scaling at first)
Not sure if I'll keep the roses but they fit nicely. Double sided tape means I can take them off whenever.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Marshall emblem looks good…nice job!

#19946 2 years ago

Just finished up a fun session!

93F582CE-514D-4EC2-A0C5-85B053BA827C.jpeg93F582CE-514D-4EC2-A0C5-85B053BA827C.jpeg
#19955 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Crap. Is this a ghost handle for Karl? You've had the game 5 days. Who are you?

I had 11 months to study lol…I ended up with a killer jackpot on ESTRANGED that helped out with that score. I believe I was maxed out on song level which probably helped out also.

C3A13F13-652E-418E-BBD7-FF4985127BCC.jpegC3A13F13-652E-418E-BBD7-FF4985127BCC.jpeg
#19960 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think my GC was on estranged too, funny enough..
But I've never seen/noticed that song/score banner page! Is that after you complete the applause jackpot with no encore? Or in-between if you do get encore? Or after encore? Maybe I've just never looked up. I'm wayyyy behind you, as are about all but probably 10 people in the world.

I believe it was during the pause after I got encore before the next song

#19961 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

You mentioned maxed out song level - what is the max sing level? I think I’ve had in the 160s before but I’m not certain. Is that number still the same max if you go into an encore song? Anyone know if there is a max for album modes?

Not sure what the actual number is for max song but I remember it saying “max” when I checked before the song started and thought this could be good… sorry for not helping you out much.

3 weeks later
#20538 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

When u complete the upper lanes and it says u got a rose… what does that do exactly?

I believe it adds 1x to your end of ball bonus.

1 month later
#21077 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

It there a trick to disconnecting connectors such as this one? I don't see any type of clip holding it together, just seems really tight but I can't seem to get it to come apart. [quoted image]

Try wedging a small flathead screwdriver in the middle and as it’s still wedged in the connector then give it a pull. Looks like it has a small clip in the center of the connector(in your picture)so that’s where I would wedge my screwdriver.

#21096 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

After reaching a satisfying score position a few weeks ago, I had to take a little time away from GNR. The reason was to play some of my other games since I’m way beyond capacity and need to part with one or more, and not sure what to let go of. Want to keep them all but it’s getting ridiculous.
After my hiatus, I am rusty. And when I am rusty I get frustrated, and a little rough with the game…. and then Duff insults me. More than once. It’s glorious. Such a great game. Probably time to hit it heavy again.

I also took a break from my GnR recently. I felt like I was neglecting my other pins also plus I just added a Mando pro last week so I’ve been playing that lately. So today I decided it’s time to crank GnR back up and blow up a song or two…but it just kicked my A** and laughed at me . Tomorrow I’m going to just try playing the mini wizard modes(they’re pretty fun but missing that big payoff feeling)instead of skipping them to just try for crazy point songs. This pin really takes my emotions on a roller coaster ride…one minute I’m on top of the world and the next minute I’m telling myself this pin is getting kicked out of my house lol. I think that’s why I really enjoy GnR…even after a day when it has its way with me.

#21212 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm more curious as to who has NOT added the pinwoofer kit to GnR... <crickets>
If you want to know if it will make your GNR sound better then sh!7 ... the answer is yes.

I haven’t…but I have it hooked up to a power sub.

#21214 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I've been contemplating adding a sub to my pinwoofer... In my mind I want something reasonable in price and size. I want to hear it but not see it

I went with a Polk Audio PSW10 and I think it made a big difference in the sound. It’s not completely out of sight but it fits perfectly underneath the machine.

#21226 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks to you and to Eskaybee
Just ordered one from polkaudio.com for $149 shipped.
Do I need anything special to jack it in to my PinWoofer GT ? It's has line level output according to the website . Looks like from pictures it's maybe 1/8 inch output to stereo RCA cable needed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cool man you’re going to rock out for sure . Sorry man but I can’t help you with your question about the pinwoofer question since I’m not familiar with that system.

1 week later
#21340 1 year ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

good job man i hope to rival that score some day soon ! do you guys use scorbit much and is it worth setting up ?

I always log into scorebit before I start a game…just in case I crack the top 10 list. It’s really not hard to set up so I say it’s definitely worth it. It can also give you the extra motivation you need to keep chopping away until you’re satisfied with your ranking within scorbit. I’m a gamer at heart and I started playing games as a kid Atari 2600, Nintendo,Super Nintendo,PS1&2,Xbox360,Xbox X. Now I play a lot of pinball so scorbit gives me that platform to challenge or compare myself to others around the world. I enjoy the extra challenge scorbit provides and it’s free but like everything else you may or may not enjoy it.

2 months later
#22229 1 year ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Is everyone ok? no posts for 2 days….amazing….

Had a fun game today!

47229A51-B70A-49F7-A656-AFC50C851F1A.jpeg47229A51-B70A-49F7-A656-AFC50C851F1A.jpeg543C1828-D7A3-42A9-B0D6-6CBEC9EE6A5B.jpeg543C1828-D7A3-42A9-B0D6-6CBEC9EE6A5B.jpeg
#22248 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

... so you mastered the game in 240 plays and now it's for sale?
I just noticed your ad.
Wouldn't have thought you would part with it so fast.

Machine - For Trade

Guns N' Roses (LE)

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Up for trade/sale is a beautiful GnR le HUO with a build date of January 2022. This game is in excellent condition with low plays(240) as of today but may go up a few. Not much to ...”

3 days ago

Fontana, CA

Wildbill327

Trade

Mark sale pending
Promo options
Edit ad
End ad listing

5 months ago... Didn't age well.

#22249 1 year ago

Not leaving the club just yet! My brother has one that got him in hot water with his wife so I’m going to help him out by selling my GnR and buying his(plus he takes payments lol)I’m expecting a brother discount also . This game is unique enough to keep in my small lineup for a while.

2 weeks later
#22433 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Much appreciated! I'm less focused on scoring than I am reaching NITL mode, but I'm definitely seeing improvement in my game as a result of all the tips from here. Less flailing, (slightly) more cradling. I got 5 of 6 special modes for the first time yesterday - just kicking myself for missing the easiest shot in the game and draining a ball with the extra ball reward qualified on the cash-out! Cost myself two balls that way!

I hope you make it to the wizard mode soon. It’s fun and challenging at the same time but definitely worth the effort IMHO. I think that’s why I enjoy this game so much when I rotate to it. If you want to just go for that fat cash out cool, but you can also play for the wizard mode and just exit early on all the albums. Maybe JJP should have this wizard mode selectable to play as a choice from the start(from the lockdown button)so that more people can enjoy it. I would enjoy it and I’m sure others would also.

#22463 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Just had one of those perfect games - went 4-for-4 on song modes, and earned the extra ball each time. I even successfully passed Desert Demolition, and went into my last song (Estranged) with plenty of locks and ballsaver, and the Shirt and Poster patch combo just in case. Didn't waste any time hitting the scoop on either the final album mode or Not In This Lifetime mode. Definitely let out a roar when I entered NITL mode, so my wife is a little annoyed that I'm keeping our youngest one awake. My older son thought NITL was hilarious though. Didn't do so well in the mode but just getting there was like a three-month odyssey of mine. Man do I love this game!

Awesome man

#22537 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

pinball_keefer
+ add short grace period on guitar lock. Maybe lose a ball, but not ALL the balls if you get the next ball in there within a second or something.
+ REMOVE that skull hiding what your jackpot is at all the wrong times
+ tell you what jackpot amount you LOST if you drain out during a song

My wish list for Keefer…I would like to see what my song value is on the main display…so I know if I need to work on it more or start jamming. Maybe add a patch(or a few tweaks)to help with Civil War. Man I like listening to that song but playing it kicks my a** and usually leads to low scoring…so I usually pass on playing it

3 weeks later
#22772 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

After owning GNR for 1.5 weeks, I've got small (basic) question
When in song mode, there's often different "stages". For example, shoot the red-yellow lights for a while. Eventually it changes to "shot the center target to complete mode." Is there some indication this has occurred? I feel I'm missing something, only to know it's time to shoot the center target by quickly glancing at the screen on the back of the playfield.
Thanks

The mini screen at the back of the playfield will always let you know how many shots away you are from lighting the scoop…to proceed to the next level or cash out. Now as far as what specific shots are up next to get the scoop ready to progress I think Eskaybee handled that above^^

#22778 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

I've noticed that the balls can get stuck under the left ramp (the travel loop?) when the divert is down. Is this expected?

No it shouldn’t get stuck. You probably need a quick adjustment on the diverter to make sure the ball has the clearance to pass through when it’s down.

1 week later
#22830 1 year ago
Quoted from Straight2VHS:

I have an issue on my machine where Pyro just triggers on its own. I haven't had a chance to dig into it but could it be a leaf switch issue? It will trigger waiting to plunge the first ball.

It could be the pyro target or the switch behind the rubber(left side of the pyro target)set too close and shaker is causing it to trigger a hit. On my game it was the switch to the left of the pyro target that was causing ghost hits and starting pyro multiball.

3 weeks later
#22944 1 year ago

If you’re one of the peps that think the mini wizard modes are pointless(lol)here’s proof that there is some meat on that bone. It’s been a while since I cranked up GnR but I was reminded why it’s so fun.

D9226590-F915-405A-B80C-5795D3C6183B.jpegD9226590-F915-405A-B80C-5795D3C6183B.jpeg
2 weeks later
#23116 1 year ago

One small change in the next update that I think would be cool is to add a score to the power cord champion. I also just topped my high score on TFC mini wiz mode.

A175D104-E08B-4930-AEF4-D5BF617C476F.jpegA175D104-E08B-4930-AEF4-D5BF617C476F.jpeg
1 week later
#23227 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Short answer: most pinsiders are too dumb to understand the game.

It’s easier to trash talk GnR instead of actually learning the rules of the game and finding out how fun and challenging it is.

#23279 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So last night I beat an album mode and got 1.6 million for my effort. Is there a way to increase this scoring? Seems silly to subject the player to these album modes when the scoring simply isn't there.

Try to get the record(in the album mode you want to play)advanced as far as you can(silver,gold,platinum,diamond)and then start the album mode. You can always cancel the album mode(once it’s qualified)so you can get back into a song to continue building the record time…until you reached a higher tier record. Appetite for destruction gives you the best chance at getting your record to diamond level because it has so many songs to choose from. Try to get all the record patches(AFD,UYI-1,UYI-2,CD)to help with scoring during album modes. I cranked up my AFD record to diamond and played the album mode and got a little over 21 million for my efforts. This strategy is fun and makes you play your game in a different way…you can do it!

4D2E7F70-C327-4236-955A-1FC014A49F4D.jpeg4D2E7F70-C327-4236-955A-1FC014A49F4D.jpeg
1 week later
#23417 1 year ago

I almost tripled my last TFC high score last night playing GnR. Lots of points to be had if you get your record to diamond level and the right patches.

4ED593EB-1CDE-4603-8FA8-BA4BEB616DDC.jpeg4ED593EB-1CDE-4603-8FA8-BA4BEB616DDC.jpeg
#23441 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Dude that's great! Holy cow that's great! Are you on beta code?

Thanks man…I’m on the latest code not beta. I was thinking of trying out the beta version but I’m having so much fun with the original code I haven’t switched yet.

#23442 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's gotta be one of, if not the highest album mode scores I remember seeing and I've followed along with every post in this thread since day 1. Really awesome. I might have to give album modes more of a go here soon using some of your tips.

It’s pretty fun trying to juice up the album and collecting enough patches to take advantage of the album mini wiz mode.

2 weeks later
#23553 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I Also wish it would keep each power chord high score and name. Not just the last person to achieve it. Or do both, High and current holder.

It’s a cool challenge to go for…but would definitely be a lot cooler if it saved the score of your power cord.

2 months later
#24370 1 year ago

Decided to crank up GnR before I went to my league tonight and ended up playing a decent game. I haven’t played GnR in a while(due to a few other games that came and went)but man sometimes this game really gets my blood boiling …but then I finally get that good game in and I’m reminded why I endure this abuse. Such a fun game

98A029E3-7313-456B-8D87-949EED0B8E5B.jpeg98A029E3-7313-456B-8D87-949EED0B8E5B.jpeg
2 weeks later
#24504 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Spent a little time the last couple of days looking at foo fighter threads.
I think the funniest post was saying It’s the best rock pin ever lol
Only eight songs and appears to look like Rock & Roll Scooby Doo!

Ya it’s already the best rock pin ever even though only a handful of people actually played it…crazy pinside people

#24534 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This X1000000. Just playing the bands music while you pinball is so old, repetitive and boring.
I think TOOL would make a sweet pin. So much content; music, songs, instrumentals, sound effects. Anyway, back to GNR. Best band pin (minus slash solo).

Tool would be great to listen to while slapping the ball around…Korn would be pretty awesome too.

1 week later
#24659 1 year ago

Hopefully/maybe JJP will have their own version of a scoreboard system in the near future. I’ll be honest I’m going to miss scorbit on GnR even though it’s not as challenging(achievements)as Sterns insider but it was definitely cool to see where you rank against other GnR players. Not sure what’s going to motivate me to turn on my GnR now

1 week later
#24818 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Pretty sure I haven't, and the upper playfield surface is about half an inch lower than the top of the ramp.

Try sliding a credit card over the ramp to see if it catches/snags on the diverter hole. If it does you can add a few post rubbers to lift the bottom area of the diverter hole. On my game the ball use to jump up the ramp but once I did the “ramp lift kit” it’s nice and smooth. Hope this helps.

A3F2BFD4-5E21-4A88-A5E6-7B10F36084A4.jpegA3F2BFD4-5E21-4A88-A5E6-7B10F36084A4.jpeg
#24891 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks very much for this suggestion, it was the groove launching the ball in the air on my machine, it would then hit the edge of the bass guitar ramp above it. I've put something in there to raise that part of the ramp up and its 100% smoother now. Wish I'd looked harder at it before now, I just thought it was a terrible ramp design and clunky as fuck but it's much better now.
[quoted image]

Awesome man! Glad you can enjoy the Guitar ramp now since it’s definitely a big part of scoring on this game. I was thinking of calling JJP and asking about this ramp issue since it seems to be a defect but once I fixed it I really haven’t thought about it again and just play and enjoy it.

#24929 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New to the club.

Welcome to the jungle!

1 week later
#25127 1 year ago
Quoted from R_J_K:

I'm curious, what are you guys getting for high scores?

0148355C-492D-4CE1-A34D-FC9D873EBBD1.png0148355C-492D-4CE1-A34D-FC9D873EBBD1.png510FC360-5E58-4B4F-9BF0-5725431AC98C.png510FC360-5E58-4B4F-9BF0-5725431AC98C.pngC5E96B2A-0BDA-4C16-80D1-D8891383CF94.jpegC5E96B2A-0BDA-4C16-80D1-D8891383CF94.jpeg2C7C84D7-8BB0-4C6D-89AC-BFE3202500D2.png2C7C84D7-8BB0-4C6D-89AC-BFE3202500D2.png6CE16E11-2109-4969-A3D5-9B3F4391FAE9.png6CE16E11-2109-4969-A3D5-9B3F4391FAE9.png
#25145 1 year ago
Quoted from holminone:

Holy eff. Do you recall your song level and patches going in?

I’m pretty sure I was maxed(or really close)on that estranged score. As far as my patches go lately I start with gun & rose patch followed up with the sunglasses so I can start tour multiball and hopefully get a super jackpot or 2. Next I try to get all the remaining patches that boost up the songs(train, plane, etc.). If I’m running low on balls I’ll collect all the sponsor patches to grab an extra ball. Next level of patches I go for really depends on if I feel like killing an album mode or if I’m trying to get to the wizard mode and battle the devil. If I decide to go the album route I collect all 4 of the album patches to double scoring during album modes, and if I go this route I usually play as many songs in the album(usually appetite)as possible or until I get it to platinum/maxed which will make the album mode worth a lot of points if you can beat it. Now if I decide to just blow through the game to try to get to the Wizard mode then I just play a song long enough to qualify the album mode and move on….I have to admit that I really like collecting all the patches and the way I do this is to utilize my primer multiballs. Any time I start a primer multiball(lights, pyro, etc.) I try to trap up and get all 6 balls locked up in the guitar(so the ramp diverter is always up)and that allows me to farm patches safely with a little bit of ball control. This method is fun for me but can be a wast of time/effort since sometimes I drain all my balls before I even start a song and just shake my head and walk away.

#25147 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’ve been looking forward to this day and hearing some of your strategy after seeing that epic Estranged jackpot and 300,000,000+ point score. I feel my life is more complete now. Thanks!
Ever since you did that with Estranged, that song has been on my radar since it can apparently score huge, but I haven’t come close to getting the points you got.

I think another piece of the puzzle is that Estranged gives you the opportunity to get through the different stages quickly and is also a longer song. When you put those two together with a high song value or maxed the jackpot can grow super large. Estranged has a lot of things lit during the song so it’s easier to progress through the song levels…especially the stand up targets. If I’m correct the deeper you get in the song stages/levels the higher each song shot becomes which adds to the jackpot…if you can survive the whole song and collect it at the end.

#25150 1 year ago
Quoted from holminone:

Awesome. So I’ve been stuck in the Fender, Vader, duff priority and what I’m hearing is that is old news. Do you prioritize them at all?

No not really old news just a different approach. When I need an extra ball then they become priority. I always lock 6 balls before I start a song, the primer multi balls are priority to play all of them before I start a song(try to get a super jackpot while playing them) and tour multiball seems to help a lot to boost the song level(sunglasses patch helps to get tour multiball quicker) and my next patches are usually dictated by which song I’m planning on playing next.

3 weeks later
#25338 12 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Throwing out some of my current wishlist items for code after playing a bunch of GNR this weekend:
1. Allow slash solo to be stackable with other features of the game. ie. Let’s say you start slash solo then lights multiball. Slash solo music will play with slash solo and lights objectives available. This would include collecting patches and advancing cities and on the road too. Just no ability to lock balls because of the slash solo objectives. In addition; slash solo score influences album mode level.
2. AMP - new rule, single ball play: spelling AMP on the far left inlane will light 3 hurry ups (yellow). Hit all 3 hurry ups to light the jackpots.
Single jackpot at scoop = collect + mode over
Double jackpot at inner loop = collect + start a 2-ball multiball that acts just like AMP multiball now.
Triple jackpot under the upper right flipper = collect + start a 3-ball multiball that acts just like AMP does now.
3. LIGHTS - new qualification rule: after hitting the lights target X amount of times to qualify lights multiball, you must hit the fog scoop (Duff bass) to start the multiball.
4. Increase (default) timer for applause jackpot.
5. Kill pops during applause
6. Powerchord jackpot: after collecting a powerchord jackpot, give a 5 sec ball saver and dump ALL the balls at once.
7. Remove skull over jackpot value during song
8. Show song and album levels actively on the display and/or on instant info screen.

Nice wish list man! I like your powercord idea to dump all balls at once with a small ball save and we definitely need to have a way to track our song levels.

#25390 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Really, the only reason to play slash solo is to try and beat my high score on it [quoted image]

That’s a good challenge!

3 weeks later
#25531 11 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And that’s what they mean by choke. 4 balls, 1 EB lit and final score barely 10m higher which was attributed to CD album mode. [quoted image]

Been in that situation lots of times…and it still hurts when it happens. I haven’t played my GnR in a few weeks but your post is motivating me to crank it up!

#25533 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I’ve tried so many times to get a score like you did on Estranged and I think my best might be 50,000,000 or so on it.
Hearing others talk about getting or losing a big jackpot or even mentioning this game makes me want to play it. We’ve had some incredibly nice weather this spring though so my pinball time has been very limited lately. I keep waiting for that rainy day but we haven’t had much.
At the moment, GNR has a bunch of camera and other gear around it as I am finally preparing to attempt some streaming. Hopefully we get some rain soon so I have my excuse to finish up. I still have a lot to dial in with the stream software and layout of the screen and cameras.

That sounds awesome man! My friends tell me I should stream but I’m not sure it’s for me. Maybe in the future I’ll finally get the equipment together that’s needed to stream and give it a try. I’ll definitely jump in your stream once you go live since I love a good GnR stream. I haven’t played my GnR in a while because I just shuffled my lineup a bit and have a few new games that have been getting all my attention lately…but I hear GnR calling.

#25535 11 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That's what I kept hearing from people too, "why don't you stream", "you should stream", stuff like that. Getting the equipment wasn't a big deal. Getting the setup figured out so camera angles are good, wires and stands out of the way, decent lighting, and etc. is a whole different task. I'm almost done with that. Then there's the amount of zoom, lighting, white balance & etc. to dial in. After that I still have to set up the stream software, and get it all connected to what? YouTube, Twitch, both of those, and/or others? Who knows. I still have to figure all that out.
I hope after I finally get it all dialed in everywhere that moving it to a different machine only requires a few minor camera angle adjustments.
I keep thinking about Estranged. I know I've had the patch setup that worked for big points on other songs, 6 balls locked & plenty of boosters but still no big points on it. I wish I could remember what song levels I am getting when I get to that song.
Do you remember at all if you played any other Use Your Illusion II songs prior to Estranged? I think when you play a song on an album it boosts your album score and I think the album score also helps boost the song level on other songs from the same album. Playing something else (and doing half decent) from that album is about the only thing I didn't do prior to going into Estranged.

I’m pretty sure I was maxed out on song level or close 190+ but it was the only song I played on that album. I probably had most of the patches or close to all. I do remember that I was in a good zone and progressed through a lot of the song waves/levels which is important because the jackpots grow higher and higher as you progress. That’s why I think Estranged has the potential of scoring crazy points since it has a lot of the easier shots to hit during the song and that helps blow through the song waves/levels. I think the main thing to try and do is hit the scoop as early and often when it’s lit to get to the next wave/level during ball save.

1 month later
#25679 9 months ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

I can finally say I'm a member of the nine-digit club!

Good job…and welcome to the club!

#25745 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

It's exciting seeing people I follow jump in to hang out and watch me play.

Ok man your stream got me to wipe the dust off my GnR and rock out for a hr…thanks for the motivation!

IMG_9297.jpegIMG_9297.jpegIMG_9293.jpegIMG_9293.jpegIMG_9292.jpegIMG_9292.jpeg
#25749 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Man you crushed it again!!

I didn’t even have my song maxed(estranged)but I made it through 10 or more of the stages during the song which I think makes a big difference in points. I usually try to stick a few balls in the guitar lock but this time I just hyper focused on hitting mode shots and hitting the scoop ASAP when it turned green.

#25758 9 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

(I actually have Stern springs on because I was told they'd help make the flippers feel more "snappy" but maybe I need to revert back to JJP's springs)?

Stern flipper springs have a stronger pull than JJP springs so you’re probably loosing a little bit of upstroke power. Although the Stern flipper spring may feel a little snappier than the JJP spring on the return side it Seems like it’s a give and take situation. If you’re having trouble hitting ramps maybe check to make sure your flippers are not binding and are moving freely. If they’re working properly/freely then it might be that the Stern springs are just too strong for JJP flipper coils.

#25778 9 months ago

Ok guys…had another session with GnR yesterday but it wasn’t as short and sweet as the my last one. This session was more like a battle of willpower between us and lasted a few hrs that had a lot of curse words going back and forth. I didn’t reach my goal of 300+ million but I managed to walk away with one decent game. After the dust settled and I apologize (for threatening to sell…lol) I walked away a little disappointed but definitely had a blast and can’t wait for the next session. Here’s a few songs that helped with my score but I really didn’t blow up one song and had to grind out a few songs (I believe 6 songs) to get my high score of this session.

IMG_9304.jpegIMG_9304.jpegIMG_9298.jpegIMG_9298.jpegIMG_9299.jpegIMG_9299.jpegIMG_9300.jpegIMG_9300.jpeg
#25782 9 months ago

Decided to to continue my quest to beat my GC score on GnR…mission accomplished! I also made it to the Wizard mode (“No Sympathy For The Devil”) during this game. Man that was definitely a long game lasted around 2 hrs straight. I kind of wish JJP would add a “songs played in a single game” to the high score board. Well that was fun!

IMG_9311.jpegIMG_9311.jpegIMG_9310.jpegIMG_9310.jpegIMG_9312.jpegIMG_9312.jpegIMG_9307.jpegIMG_9307.jpeg
#25786 9 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Whoa. Do you stream?

Quoted from sevenrites:

Damn dude! I second Vespula! I’d love to see a stream too. You’re doing something way more right than I am.

I actually have a buddy that might get a streaming rig set up soon and if that happens we would bounce between his house my house and maybe a few other places. I’m not sure I’ll be entertaining enough to stream alone but with a wingman it might happen.

#25855 9 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

To the impressive higher-scoring guys out there, what are the first 5 patches you go for?

My last session with GnR I started with sunglasses patch first (so I advance cities and get to tour multiball faster) then I collect all the booster patches next (horn hands, lights, Amp and firecracker)so I have unlimited booster multiballs fo the rest of my game. I use the booster multiballs to farm the rest of my patches, lock balls for my next song and also to advance cities and get to tour multiball. I also think a good strategy to help get you a fatty jackpot is to pick a song that you can progress through (shoot the scoop when it’s green during songs to add a ball and get the next set of shots) as quickly as possible. The songs that I tend to get fatty jackpots usually have most or some shots that are the stand up targets and along with other shots. Since you’re in multiball most of the time in a song it’s easier to progress to the next stage/level of the song when some of the song shots are stand up targets. I also tend to ignore the guitar lock as Lon as I have ball save going and when that runs out I go to a trap and shoot strat and also start to utilize the guitar lock to have stash away some balls for a bit safety against the horrible double/triple drain out of a song. So I guess it’s worth trying to learn the song mode shots in order to have a go to song that you know you can blow up…I’m still learning the song mode shots myself.

#25858 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I never noticed it before, and there's 1700+ plays on my game.

That’s pretty cool that after 1,700+ games in you can still find new stuff to explore…love it!

1 week later
#25943 8 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Yeah I tried your low challenge 26MIL and came nowhere close. Most of my games right now are F’s because I’m trying to setup the songs for max value, so I’m leaving a lot on the table. Definitely not ready for the patches, and the posters seem crazy unless you are familiar with it - some don’t even say the name of the city. Would be curious if anynbody has a full poster wiki to ID them. Either way I’m not even there yet, still working out pyro, lights, amps, and crowd.
Curious though, is there a way to close the left ramp so you can get patches? Or should you go for that first? Seems like unlocking a certain amount of band members brings it down. After that getting patches is a luck shot

I usually try to get a few balls locked maybe 3-4 and then I focus on starting pyro, lights, amp, or crowd multiball. Once I’m in multiball I really focus on just locking up all 6 balls which will bring up the left ramp diverter and give you access to spam the left ramp to collect as many patches as you can.

#25945 8 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I don’t concern myself too much with waiting for the ramp to be closed, but when that happens I try to grab as many patches as possible. Could be a bit wood choppy but it helps getting some progress.
Trying to reach the wizard mode is a good way to change up how you play GnR.it’s also a pretty fun and challenging way to play GnR.

I don’t concern myself too much with waiting for the ramp to be closed, but when that happens I try to grab as many patches as possible. Could be a bit wood choppy but it helps getting some progress.
That being said, lately rather than chasing high scores I’ve been focus on trying to get to the final wizard mode. Been close but not there yet. The strategy is more focused on trying to get through the minimum song time, getting as many extra balls as possible and then go through the mini wizard modes.

It’s definitely fun to play GnR and just try to reach the Wizard mode. I think it also helps to change up the way you play GnR…especially if you’re getting a little frustrated with lost song/applause jackpots

#25977 8 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Shit….. oh shit man, my record is 8.5 Million
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok this is getting good.

#25985 8 months ago

Yeah I couldn’t even shake it off. Had to pull the glass. Guess I should play that 1BIL lotto now

Bruce Lee should be able to knock that ball loose with just a quick look…with the glass on! JK Chaka

1 month later
#26233 6 months ago

Does this mean the code is coming out then?

Did someone say new code?

IMG_9460.gifIMG_9460.gif
1 week later
#26476 6 months ago

Well stop by if you’re in LA for a pinball ass-whoopin

IMG_9517.gifIMG_9517.gif
2 months later
#26957 4 months ago
Quoted from reflex33:

On the latest official. I’m gonna take the glass off this weekend and just force the mode to make sure something isn’t wrong.
It’s funny because of the Chinese democracy mode. I plugged the final shot and the game rebooted… and for a brief moment I thought that mode started… but then the realization set in

That’s horrible man…at least you know you can get there.

4 weeks later
#27183 3 months ago

Well it was a fun ride with all you guys but I just left the club . I hope you guys get your update you’re looking for and have fun rocking out! Oh ya…I gave GnR a fair well run last night and had a decent game. It wasn’t my best but definitely was a good run.

IMG_9731.jpegIMG_9731.jpegIMG_9735.jpegIMG_9735.jpegIMG_9734.jpegIMG_9734.jpeg

#27186 3 months ago

Dang great score. How long did you play to get that?

It was probably a good hr…give or take a few minutes. I had a crazy amount of extra balls so that definitely helped out. The funny thing about this score was that 110 million came from playing 2 “Thirst For Carnage” modes in the same game…that was a first for me.

#27188 3 months ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Why are you leaving the club?

Just need to keep things fresh in my small lineup and GnR is one of my oldest owned so it got put on the chopping block.

#27196 3 months ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

What did you replace GnR with?

I’m thinking of a Jaws premium to take GnR’s spot…but I’m also starting to think maybe I should start trying out more of the older dmd titles. I picked up a Getaway not too long ago and I’m really loving it…especially since I can play a few games on it without taking 2hrs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.