IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk375.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9699 2 years ago

And Just like that... I find myself in this thread.
Just paid for an L.E.
What are the things I should know, replace, change when I get mine in July? TIA

Good to be part of this group.

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What are the exact clear washers, size and where to get theses.

I would like to know too and the link.

#9892 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Damn. I was hoping that by the time I got my GnR that the playfield issues would be resolved, but if this happened to a PF that has a build date of 4/21, I have to seriously considering asking for my deposit back.
Completely unacceptable.

Now i am worry too. I am supposed to get mine in July.

1 week later
#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wrote to the CEO Brett and Jack about the playfield problem. I don't expect a reply and if they don't reply in a week or so I'm probably going to sell the game which is a shame. They have both read the email.
---------------------
Subject: Current JJP GNR Playfield Situation.
Hello all,
My name is Neil McRae I’m based in the UK and I love pinball.
Firstly congrats on a great game, GNR is fantastic, I’d also especially call out the online capability which is making a huge difference particularly through the pandemic. Well done but…
In the dark and distant past I used to be the guy who got these emails from the CEO about important customers emailing and I was tasked to resolve them so I don’t send this email lightly.
However, as you know many people (and I’m a math and stats geek so probability and likelihood is my thing) are having terrible issues with their GNR playfield. I’m one of them on my LE; supplied by Pinball Heaven here in the UK. (Phil does a fantastic job for you guys here). This has been an ongoing issue at JJP for years it would appear. I borrowed a Wonka from Phil and it had the same problem and frankly put me off buying another JJP game I’m afraid to say, my good friend who is one of your biggest evangelists and owns every CE game you have made; he had the same issue with both his Pirates and Wonka.
However, both you and Mirco Playfields both stated that you were very bullish that this problem was resolved and I believed you because I’m a great believer that people always want to do their best and you guys nor Mirco don’t want to ship awful playfields. So I ordered GNR LE, but cards on the table guys (it’s that math geek in me I’m afraid)-> I wasn’t fully convinced you had solved this problem and I set my expectation low.
Starting to see the issues on GNR reported on Facebook and Pinside and I paid particular attention to my game checking everything was as how it arrived. (BTW I even streamed the delivery (first in the UK!) and unboxing and many of your excellent development guys joined it! It was awesome!) Then a few weeks later a friend who took delivery at the same time in the UK emailed with some pictures that made my heart sink. He had the chipping problem. I didn’t see this on my game but I don’t play so often – a few weeks later, same problem starts to appear on my game. I’ve reported it to Phil and he has reported it to you and I was asked to check the tightness of the posts which ~are~ tight and how they came from the factory. We have heard nothing since.
I’ve seen you guys on stage, in Chicago and in Texas, and I totally get the passion and love you put into your games – these issues aren’t the JJP brand you want to have, but nonetheless they are here and they are real and (again math geek) more likely than we would all like.
I would kindly like to ask what your intentions are to solve these problems? the entire pinball world wants to hear that you have solved it.
GNR has been massive for you unfortunately the sweetness of that is being taken away by the bitterness of the quality of the playfield. Irrespective of what happens to me personally in this issue I hope you solve it properly and permanently and I wish you success. I look forward to hearing what your intentions are.
Thanks,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae – Alive and Kicking.
[email protected]
Are you the next in line?

Well, I am curious to see how fast will they get back to you and what will they say.

#10404 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not sure who’s recommending those PETG washers but I got mine today to fix/repair/maintain my chipped post and there’s no way the PETG washer is a good solution, at least for the GNR inlane post. They are bulky! They will mess with the balls trajectory. This is not a fix IMO.
Luckily, I happened to find my clear silicone (titan?) washers that I had been looking for all week. The clear ones are small and don’t cover up the damage, but like my Deadpool chip, it’ll do the trick. I covered the damage with a small bit of Mylar first, then applied the post with the clear silicone. Before and after pictures below.
I’ll stick with this until JJP sends me the replacement washers which is going on 2+ weeks now and they still haven’t shipped them as of yesterday (ridiculous).
My wife came into the game room to check to see what I was doing. She knows nothing about pinball, except anytime I get a new game she gets an iWatch or iPhone haha. In any case I showed her what was going on with GNR and she saw and her first words were, ‘whoa! That’s bad business’. Right?
In any case as of now I’m ok with my maintenance fix for now and plan to play the snot out of this game and pray to the pinball gods it doesn’t get worse. I’ll keep you guys updated.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link to those Titan washers? Are they different or somehow a better option than the ones from Pinballlife? TIA.

1 week later
#10857 2 years ago

Well, I got my LE paid off and I am expecting it in July, but this image from my friends after less than 40 plays that has a production date of May 21 makes me want to cancel my order and wait another year. Debating now if I should cancel as it is my dream theme.

195475825_4482153111797500_4049953697881460433_n (resized).jpg195475825_4482153111797500_4049953697881460433_n (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10859 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really surprised JJP hasn't started putting 3/4" or 1" mylar around these before putting the metal washer on. It's not like there isn't a ton of photo evidence of very common failure points, this being one.

Some people say Mylar is a fix, some others washers.. I am sure washers will help a lot... Also I noticed dust in this pic, but it wasn't dust, it was the scratched playfield art that looks like dust.

#10861 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One thing's for sure. The metal washers alone are not the fix. Plenty of factory metal washers with playfield art tearing around them. At least the mylar down on the playfield first would help prevent that when the posts are over-torqued.

I feel metal washers are the worst option to be honest. I am expecting mine in July, If I decide to keep, I will probably spend an hour or two doing some prevention work on it.

#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

As in cancel and pay $1k more later? I'm assuming you got in before the last price increase. That doesn't mean there won't be more increases forthcoming either...

No, I didn't. I got the 10500 but my distro told me I can use that credit towards another machine if I wanted to.

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

if i seen these pics before getting the game i may have had second thoughts too, However since i got it and been playing it .
I can say with 100 percent certainty that i would not bail over the playfield Issues now having experienced this game / Even if it turned out JJP fails to fix this i would have a hard time not getting the game still it is that good.
Pray that its gets fixed or the damage does not go any further than we have seen. If damage stays in the small area i can live with it .
I am sure you could too once you get and play the game .. You will be blown away !!
/

I have play the game already and you are 100% correct. Game is a great experience. Just feels like a bad let down what JJP is doing by not really helping you out and not admitting there is a problem.

1 month later
#12238 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Now the most disappointing part. My Limor action button broke in half at the bottom of the bottom. Had little tape on the backside. Very disappointed for $ 270 bucks.

Sucks to read this, I thought about it but I read is made of resin and it was an easy pass for me. I would have prefer the same thing but 3D printed.

9 months later
#21251 2 years ago

Thinking of selling.
10k July 2021 built. Small scratch in side blades between drumsticks and shooter lane lights. Other than that game is in perfect condition. Not a single scratch on cabinet or backbox. Selling to keep my pinball addiction going as i got 3 more coming. Price is firm. 327 lifetime games played.
Located in San Diego California.

20220414_104346 (resized).jpg20220414_104346 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tk375.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=tk375 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.