IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdawgmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21620 1 year ago

Tried searching so sorry if this is covered ground, but My LE has always been slightly buggy with glitches in cut scenes, music during songs etc, but after the update to 1.25 it's basically unplayable. The sensors for the plunge skill shot will usually work for the first plunge of the game, but then stop working for the rest of the game and any other games played after that. It loses track of where the balls are locked. Meaning if you hit it in the guitar lock (especially during multiballs), it won't know they are there. When you drain the active ball, it will do it's cycle looking for the balls but won't release them from the right side of the guitar lock. It frequently feeds 2 balls into the plunge trough. This is just some of the things I can remember off the top of my head.

I have done full install of 1.25 twice and it doesn't fix the problems. There are no error reports in any of the test menus. I'm really kinda sick of it and just hope you guys have suggestions or hopefully a remedy. If I could get an iso of an earlier version of the game code I would love to try that. Emailing jersey jack today in hopes they can help as well. Thanks in advance.

#21639 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's not likely firmware related but hardware.
Check the black mini USB cable going into the opto board under the playfield with all the Ethernet cables in it. Make sure it's snug and tight, and has enough slack, not boundup, and you might get some electrical tape to secure it better in place.
If that gets loose I know it's tied into your sensors and can cause a comm error. I think it's basically crashing the USB stack. Reboot usually fixes this but it could be loose and comes back due to vibrations in game play .. especially with shaker.

Didn't seem to be the problem. And the plunge opto sensor issue where it works on the first plunge after restart and not on any subsequent plunges is reproducible 100% of the time. While I was checking the cables I left the glass off just to be sure, did a plunge, let it drain by hand, then did another plunge on ball 2--doesnt detect the ball.

#21641 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Definitely open a support ticket.
Meanwhile I'd probably put the matrix switch test mode on and start triggering all the switches and sensors manually in order of game play activation looking for a pattern and narrowing down which switch starts the problems. Check that little wire switch in the shooter lane when the ball first comes out. Maybe it's the source of the problem.

So here's what I found--at the bottom of the test menu there is a sub menu for sensor test. When I opened that after the first game, all sensors were red, and couldn't be triggered(so meaning the keyboard, guitar lock, and shooter lane) which certainly explains the behavior of the game not knowing where balls are. It initially wouldn't allow me to calibrate the sensors, so I restarted the game, reopened that menu, and was able to calibrate them. I then played a whole game where they all worked.

So problem solved right? I wiped down the glass and while I'm putting it back on the game, in the bottom left corner of the screen, a small error message pops up "some sensors not found, check pfd board". I then started a game a sure enough, sensors are out again. Thoughts?

#21642 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:Definitely open a support ticket.
Meanwhile I'd probably put the matrix switch test mode on and start triggering all the switches and sensors manually in order of game play activation looking for a pattern and narrowing down which switch starts the problems. Check that little wire switch in the shooter lane when the ball first comes out. Maybe it's the source of the problem.

Actually found someone in this thread who was having the same issue. Had to replace the board.

3 weeks later
#21871 1 year ago

Ok so an update on my PFD board situation. After opening the issue with JJP, they felt it was the main playfield controller board so they sent me a new one. I installed it yesterday, and am now getting an error as soon as I start the machine that the led pfc board isnā€™t connected. I attached a pic of the error. I checked all connections to the board and theyā€™re well seated. Also ran another usb cable to the back box computer just to be sure and problem persists. I also switched the USB ports around on the main computer to make sure it isnā€™t a bad USB port on the main computer and that didnt change anything. Not sure why this would pop up after a new board install where it wasnt there before unless JJP sent me a bad board. Thoughts?

F737A078-231A-49C0-B3DF-78DD7CB364BC (resized).jpegF737A078-231A-49C0-B3DF-78DD7CB364BC (resized).jpeg
#21877 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was under the impression (maybe incorrectly) this error was tied into that connection of the black micro USB cable that goes from a board under the middle of the playfield up to the backbox board.
Is that the same board you're referring to? I periodically saw that error and put some electrical tape on mine to help keep it secure. I haven't seen that error in a long time since doing that.

Same board

#21886 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Thank you for the kind words.
Keep in mind that pinside is not an official communication method for us to provide support.
The only reason we DO help here is because we all love pinball and helping others.
JJP does not require or pay us to answer posts here, we do it because we WANT to.
If you put a ticket in, you will have no issues getting a response from us.
Steve, Ken, and I try to grab tickets within minutes of them being submitted, sometimes even in the middle of the night when we aren't even on the clock.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Still trying to get some help on my LE. Emailed you the details.
Thanks

1 year later
#26350 6 months ago

2.0 is a complete mess on my machine. Restarts, bad sounds, buggy as anything. Anyone else? Mine was downloaded and installed over WiFi. Probably going to download and install on usb, but if thatā€™s no good will be going back to 1.25 which was entirely stable.

#26366 6 months ago

Ran into this problem last time I did a GNR full install manually... Following JJPs exact instructions for Mac, it doesn't start the update when the usb is plugged in and the machine turned on. We used to use that utility that I can't remember its name and that worked, but the new way they describe using disk utility doesn't. On the small screen it just says something like insert proper boot device. I remember getting this resolved but can't remember how... Help!

#26368 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Your boot order in the BIOS has to have USB listed first before the SSD.. maybe that's it

how do you change that. In the mean time I'm redoing the flash drive using the UNetbootin method.

#26371 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well this is something not that familiar with, but you would need a keyboard plugged into the USB and be able to press the f 10 or f2 or whatever goes into the bios at the start of the boot. At that point you could navigate through the BIOS menu to the boot order and make sure USB is first, before the SSD.
I'm sure there's somebody on here more experienced with this but I think that's the general idea of what I was thinking, if that's even the issue.
You may need to engage JJP support for specifics, there might also be a BIOS password that you need to know. I know someone posted it around here somewhere, someplace.
Again hopefully somebody reading this can chime in and help fill in the gaps or offer a better solution.

Nothing's working. Opened a ticket. This game has frustrated me since I bought it. Wish I'd never done the update because it was finally working and stable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tdawgmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=tdawgmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.