IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stags6969.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Finally ! Wifi updates
[quoted image]

Don't have the game yet, but where can you see the code change log? Can't see it on JJP website

1 month later
#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Must be Aussie slang?

British

3 weeks later
#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love JJP games, but their flipper rubbers are crap.....I always have to replace mine

I had a Hobbit BA which I put about 2500 plays on and never had to change the black flipper rubbers, and that game is also multiball heavy, so must be the red rubber.

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Is there anything anyone recommends doing to playfield out of box? Either any particular protecters or cleaning?

Lift the playfield and give all the screws and nuts a check for tightness. Had a drop target bank collapse on my Hobbit BA and looks like some diverters are coming loose and falling off on the GnR

3 weeks later
#4802 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seen some ce delivered on fb... sld start seeing more pics on here soon of them being delivered.

Try here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-

#4926 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Live only because if he posts saved videos he gets an automatic DMCA takedown anyway from his friends at twitch due to all the GnR music. So, he just doesn't post them and only does it live. Wonderful world we live in now, eh?

Any way someone could cap these live sessions and host them in a shared drive?

#4927 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's streaming GnR live again now (and LIVE ONLY due to DMCA takedowns on saved content due to the music) with a temp probe on the upper right flipper this time and fans installed on the lower flippers and a temp probe on the lower right flipper (that hit 219F without fans last night).
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

What was the outcome with the fan installed?

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I pull the VODs for exactly what Skip said. Not a fan of anything having muted audio, and better to pull anything where there's a DMCA chance since Twitch doesn't have the best track record for dealing with DMCA claims. There aren't any live takedowns yet thankfully and hopefully Twitch never reaches that point.
About YouTube uploads, I generally only put the best games up there to not crowd that channel, and try not to post the same game over and over again. For these, unless something extraordinary happens, it's live viewing only.

Appreciate what you do Karl, but for the Aussies and Brits unmongst your followers, couldn't you post all your VOD to YouTube and pull it after a few days, just leaving your best up there.
I caught a bit of one of your streams that didn't make it to You Tube and it was nice to see that you are human on a couple of the games, where the pinball gods conspired against you.

#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I only sent him enough to monitor two coil temps at the same time, and since the upper right hadn't been measured and didn't have a fan, we opted to measure the upper right FL-15411 uncooled and the large lower right FL-11629 cooled. It left the status of the lower left FL-15411 cooled a mystery, which was kind of a drag, because given its peak of 180F, with the cooler, it was probably about 125F cooled, and it would have been nice to see what it was doing.
I'm sending him updated brackets and an additional temp gauge so he'll be able to monitor all three coils cooled at the same time live.
Peak temp for the FL-16129 was 219.8F uncooled (a new record by far for hottest coil measured in my testing). Cooled, it touched temps in the 150s when he was trapping up a lot, but mostly it stayed in the 140s, about a 60F+ improvement. I've had a different fan not readily available in the US sent from the factory to test that has about 20% more CFM without too much more noise because I want to keep these as quiet as possible. It should be here next week. I'd like to see that FL-16129 in the 130s mostly with that fan, but not sure if it will be possible. If a player's style isn't to trap up for long stretches, the temps would stay in the 130s as-is with the current fan, but I like that Karl is stress testing due to his play style.

Thanks for that.
Will be up for the kit when fully sorted and available.
Used to own a Hobbit BA and noticed fade quite a bit during the long sessions.

3 weeks later
#5726 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So since I have about 4 months (or longer) for my GNR to arrive, where is some good resource/links for rules, gameplay, etc while I wait. I see IPDB has the manual and some rules linked. Not sure if there is some other good resources/vids to check out while I patiently wait
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Slash#6765

Try this, great stream from Karl

1 week later
#6250 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

JJP's philosophy (my observations based on this and POTC) is you have to do well leading up to the mini-wizard modes in order to earn big points in them. No freebies. Max out your album levels as much as possible. Keep playing songs from the same album, do well in the songs, and get your record to platinum before starting an album mode.

That is also the principle on The Hobbit.
Depending what the highest * rating of mode you have completed before starting a wizard mode, depends how the multiplier works for the wizard scoring. Starting off at less than x1 for a 1* mode etc

#6329 3 years ago

Is there anyone running v1.14 with a working magnet?
Is anyone running an older code with a working magnet?
LE due to arrive next week, it's been out of the factory since last November, so expect it to have original code. Don't want to update if it's going to kill the magnet, but not sure you can get anything other than v1.14 to update to.

#6354 3 years ago

I’m very confused with this “thermal fuse” issue.
Looking at the website of the device, it seems to infer that this is not actually a fuse but a device that will go open circuit at 85 degrees and then reset back closed when the temperature drops.
If this is the case, why are the devices failing completely open circuit? Bad batch?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi all,
Considering joining the club but have a question on the kid friendly mode (ie explicit content off). Are the "adult" patches (ie condom, bra, undergarments!) also off? I will not get approval from the boss if condoms are popping up on screen! Thanks!

Kids definitely need education on condoms. Use this as a selling point not a negative

#6439 3 years ago

Has anyone got a failed magnet thermal fuse on a version before v1.14?
Trying to decide if there is a safe version to upgrade to.

#6607 3 years ago

Anyone had this before and is there a fix?
Had this happen twice in 2 days now.20210305_135947 (resized).jpg20210305_135947 (resized).jpg

#6646 3 years ago

What’s the worst thing about this pin in your opinion?

For me it’s the shrinking scoop that JJP have installed.
It’s a very clever piece of kit. They only activate it when you have a big jackpot or applause jackpot built up. Not sure if it’s a linear shrinkage they are using or if it’s just random.

Just left 28 million and a 21 million applause jackpots on the table, due to this damn device.
Please give me a regular scoop back

Joking aside, it’s frigging awesome!!!

#6702 3 years ago

Getting quite a lot of tiny flecks of metal on the playfield.
Looking at my scoop, all the coating appears to be coming off.
Is this normal wear?

20210307_181857 (resized).jpg20210307_181857 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7083 3 years ago

LTG pinball_keefer
Do we need to downgrade our versions back to v1.14?
Or do we still keep v1.16 in until the code is fixed?

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Delta update via usb not working either. Going from 1.17.
Here's a video and this is what my drive looks like after the extract. When I open the folder in the root directory, I see a folder gnr_update. Even if I make that the root directory, I get same results.

[quoted image]

I had exactly the same on mine. Tried 2 sticks and the same, said failed to update. I then connected a USB keyboard and was going to reboot and try and get to the Bios, but hit escape on the keyboard, the machine rebooted and v1.18 was on it!
Strange but true.

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

so far i only had 1 reboot. funny enough the first game since i patched to 1.18. Have been playing alot since then and nothing funny happening besides that huge ass grin on my face.

Mine wasn't first game, maybe 10th game or so. I had already had games where I had cashed out, had applause jackpot and also had drained out, so no common thread on the reboot

#7218 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Can anyone tell me if your high scores are saved when you do a settings back up? It downloaded successfully onto the stick but took like one or two seconds to do? I am doing a full 1.18 install so would like to know before doing cheers

I did a delta upgrade and didn't backup anything.
All settings and high scores lost!!
Make sure you back them up.

#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree with all of this.
The biggest problem was the crasher in 1.18 which was fixed within a couple of days. 1.19 works great for me and has the cool power chord multiplier feature.

Just got 4 Million on a 5 ball power chord

1 week later
#7837 3 years ago

Not sure how, but this happened today.
70 million on Paradise City

20210402_164135 (resized).jpg20210402_164135 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9297 2 years ago

Just had my playfield up looking at an issue and found these 2 items lurking in the cabinet.
Any idea where they are from.?
The screw looked like it had some loctite on it16204281644896439283186821124757 (resized).jpg16204281644896439283186821124757 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I am still awaiting a reply back. Barry has recieved my pictures of cracks and pooling in the playfield and would be back to me shortly. Thats a month ago now.
Also still awaiting reply to my ticket about the left spotlight not working anymore. I checked the cabling as suggested and replied back that those were all connected ok. Silence since then.
I have now 2 posts that pool. One on the left inlane and one on the post were the ball will hangup by the popbumpers. Further is have a starshape crack from the post behind the JAM target.
For a 13K Euro game i expect it to be resolved.

Expect to hear something along the lines of “Put some washers over the damage”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stags6969.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=stags6969 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.