IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2341 3 years ago

The more I look at the CE the more I realize they stole some of the AFDs soul. The cross being modified broke my heart. I think I can get over fat Axl, but modifying the art on the side without the girl, albeit not like the original art (PC today) takes away from the original concept. The LE is killer imo, and embodies GnR. The SE is indeed rat fink.. I dont see these staying in collections like other pins.. the gather players, start songs, MB, rinse and repeat will get tiresome for those that aren't true GnR diehards. I can see someone saying at 200 games in.. which song do i want to play.. again.. Then the rest of us can snag one well below MSRP and not feel like you have to play it 4000 times to justify the price. $3k more for a CE. smh.. Curious how long it will take for everyone to realize this pin is not transcendent. Now that its been done, the light show will be repeated. I can't imagine JJP will go backward...

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make you feel better about not having the game.

Keep telling yourself that this is the next POTC and Iā€™ll keep playing the two new sterns I added to my collection and pocketed 2500 as everyone dumps pins to afford the pinball machine handed to us straight from God. AND in a year or two Iā€™ll send you a picture of my low play LE I paid under 9k.. maybe even 8500.. Thereā€™s no question itā€™s a great pin, but Iā€™ve noticed the feeding frenzy on new pinball games to justify spending a ridiculous amount on a pinball game. The pinball community keeps driving prices up. $1000 toppers... $13k games. It IS insanity, but when you are caught up in it, you donā€™t see it. And yes, I can afford one Nicoy as that is typically your next response. Or perhaps I live in my parents basement. Youā€™re right. Your pinball game is MUCH cooler than my two.. and my left over cash. Back to kneel at the alter of GnR 2.0.

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I donā€™t give a flying fuck about the price of the machine after I buy it. I value the enjoyment that I get out of my games. When I buy NIB my expectation is to sell it for around 75% of what I paid. Coming into an owners thread and shitting on the game speaks to your own insecurities.

Stress out much? You need some meds. Strictly opinion on artwork like every other poster. Said the game is probably sweet. I like GnR. You have problems. Every post respond that doesnt agree with you, you lose your mind. U mad bro? Btw ill buy yours when you're done with it at 75%.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Why do you feel the need to come in the owners threat just to stink up the toilet?

Never said it wasn't a good pin. Im sure its great. That response was for Nicoy. Enjoy your playing your GnR.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Sorry about the misunderstanding, appreciate the courtesy flush

Absolutely.. maybe poo-puri. Lol. I was crazy excited about the LE but opted to wait to get my hands on one. Honestly I have never been more excited about a new pin. I drive my wife crazy watching reveals and gameplay. Will definitely want to snag one. I think all three are killer...

6 months later
#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Agreed. I hate to say this, but the amount of disinformation bowling around is a little concerning.
Its plainly obvious that torquing down posts on a normal playfield does not result in de-lamination.

Not so.. I installed a cliffy on my GOTG and torqued it too much. Rookie mistake. It pooled a little. Anything laid on top of something else can separate.

6 months later
#18431 2 years ago

I'm allowed to post because I hypothetically owned a GnR LE for an hour and 58 mins.

Seeing the LE in person.. wow. It's impressive. Lights, artwork, and detail in the playfield is crazy good. I get the hype. But.. as i inspected it prior to loading it up I was really surprised at how many posts had pooling issues. There were some posts with plastic washers, so no idea if those had issues. Not trying to knock the game, just a shame. I feel for you owners that have had to deal with it. I have a Dialed in. Not a single pooled post.

Curious.. as pinball prices continue to rise, it seems GnR is starting to drop. I see 17 for sale on Pinside right now, 5 distributors, 12 private. Seems like a bunch. Or did JJP make that many already?

Anyway.. cool game regardless. Nice to get to see one up close.

#18433 2 years ago

Gotcha. It has Cliffys so not sure if that's the case under it on mine. I'm kinda late to the JJP party.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.