IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silkenone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I'm in for a CE....now to figure out the overall height of that topper and soundbar. Has anyone seen any height measurements listed anywhere? I couldn't find those specs on the JJP website.
If it's too tall for my gameroom, looks like I'll be making some mods to the ceiling. Ha!

Just heard from Ken at JJP. 8.5inches with the acrylic sign installed. 5.5 inches with just the sound bar installed. My ceiling can stay!

8 months later
#10878 2 years ago

<blockquote

Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Yelobirds are 3/4", which will work. The ones I sell, the Medium are ~3/4" and the large are ~1", so I'd get a 10 pack of each. I think my small are too small for the kind of damage happening on jjGnR.

How are your stock levels @pinmonk? I ordered some on 19 May, no word yet but imagine there’s high demand!

#10881 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In your case I'm going to just try putting them in a letter with some hand-written correspondence from your friend in America and sending them that way.

It’s my birthday soon, if that helps.

#10954 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's because in my view we've identified the issue and potential workarounds. What else is there to say? What's the point of 1000 "me too" posts?

I’ve enjoyed your posts and streams. But as someone expecting delivery any day now, after spending what for me was a ridiculous amount on what I still hope is my dream pin, I would very much like to continue reading about everyone’s experiences and their actions afterwards.

I’ll certainly be sharing my own experiences, good or bad.

1 month later
#13155 2 years ago

Anyone who thinks Aus are ahead of GB in the Olympic medal table

1 week later
#13724 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

Im
Getting a loud pop noise sounds kinda like a firecrackee after every time i put my initials for high score. Has anyone else experienced this?

Knock, knock, knocking…

1 week later
#14212 2 years ago

After following the service bulletin about cutting off the corner of the spotlight bracket, I got an alarming puff of smoke (argh!) and the small screen stopped working.
Upon examination, I suspect I’ve somehow disconnected this ribbon while putting the metal cover back on, but I’m no electrician.
Should this gold, foil thing be attached to the white connector J101 here?
And would the fact that it’s not explain the smoke?

If so, how can do reconnect, assuming it’s not too late? Ugh!

7579B1A9-B486-4CCB-9F81-C67B8B8F8260 (resized).jpeg7579B1A9-B486-4CCB-9F81-C67B8B8F8260 (resized).jpeg
#14249 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

That’s a ribbon cable for the monitor breakout board. In order to reinsert the ribbon, you’ll need to release the tabs on the female J101 port. It looks like from the picture that those two white tabs on each side (where the ribbon inserts) will slide out away from the port. Slide them out (they move out maybe 1/8 inch), then insert the ribbon fully and push the tabs back in to lock the ribbon in place.

Awesome - thanks so much!

#14277 2 years ago

So…slight pooling around the post between the amp/GnR inlanes. Metal washer is stuck in the clearcoat.

Should I use the notched PETG washer, as supplied in the Pinball Life kit, on top of the embedded washer? Or better to leave it?

Thoughts appreciated!

#14418 2 years ago

Only one bit of pooling so far - but the factory washer under that post is well and truly embedded in the clear coat. How have people dealt with similar situations?

#14422 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What I did: Enjoyed the game. Covered areas with cliffys when they chipped. Signed up to buy a backup playfield.
There is really very little benefit to obsessing over this issue as I have to see a fix that works 100% or a playfield that doesn't do it.

I am closer to your point of view than others Zaph, loving the game.
I was just hoping to do the iron thing before putting a petg or Cliffy on, but thwarted by a stuck washer.
(It’s the inlane amp/GnR post - suspect petg on top of that washer will increase impacts to the post but…I dunno!)

And I prob would order a back-up pf, if there was any indication they were any different…

1 month later
#16789 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If you can shoot an outer orbit clockwise and counter clockwise without the ball hitting the slings then you are good to go. A clean shot in either direction should come back to the flipper. Both mine needs some tweaking. Now they’re perfect

Dammit. I need to achieve this somehow. Mine still clips the sling coming out of the left side and I’ve tried loosening that nut with a screwdriver wedge, as well as pliers. Hmph.

#16833 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Regarding scorbit, added a bunch of you, you can add me as well. Fourlord. Glpinball if that doesn't show up. Not sure how display name works.

Likewise. I’m SilkySox

#17016 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Something I did right after coming home from the Expo and playing the GnR's on display:
Crawled under my machine and lowered the pitch of the back legs and got the center of the playfield centered on 6.5, (then recalibrated the bubble level for my OCD to just touch the 2nd line, LOL)

Interesting! Do you not find it a bit floaty?

#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Different feel yes but I think for this game it makes it better

I’ll give it a go! Did you raise front legs at all to achieve 6.3 at the flippers? My current angle seems pretty uniform from mid to bottom.

#17113 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Getting the ball into the Duff bass will reset the powerchord timer + add a multiplier to the powerchord jackpot, so keep that in mind too.

I did not know this - thanks!

#17138 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I feel sick...I just cheesed the biggest jackpot I ever had running...it was over 55 million and I could swear I looked up for a split second and saw song level 28 on Estranged...I new I was doing good as I was connecting on all my shots but wouldn't you know it, my ball saver ran out and I misjuggled the last 2 down the drain and lost it all...then proceeded to complete Tear down the Wall for the first time...still wound up with a marginally descent score over 15 million, but man...I had to give double middle fingers straight up to the machine after that one...
So damn good!!!!

Sweet, sweet pain!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17167 2 years ago

I woke up to Scorebit notifications and thought ‘oh good, Chaka and Royce are going at it!!’

And now I’m sat here, reevaluating my entire life.

#17174 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You have the 36 MIL challenge? We’ll challenge accepted

C3C8581B-98AF-4FC7-9036-5B0FBE7E9AA9 (resized).jpegC3C8581B-98AF-4FC7-9036-5B0FBE7E9AA9 (resized).jpeg
#17371 2 years ago

I’m getting so bored with trying to fix this FRICKIN’ SPOTLIGHT!!

#17379 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

There's a key post section at the top of every page that exists just for alleviating the frustration you described and attained by an overwhelming number of posts to search through.
The tech section has several key posts on spotlights.. fooflighter posted this one which may help you. Good luck!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/185#post-6266468

Quoted from RTS:

Are there any step by step instructions on how to replace the servos in these 17,000 posts? I need to address this issue as well.

Yeah, there are some great instructions (not sarcasm!)
My current frustration is a replacement servo failing, after fitting the Pinball Universe housing. Ugh.

1 month later
#18389 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It gets some crazy english on it sometimes on the lower pf.

Outrageous. I haven’t touched it.

1 month later
#19916 2 years ago

Watch the streams he has archived on his twitch channel. On the last two he did, he has some great GnR scoring tips that will help up your overall scores. I learned some stuff about "Make Some Noise" mode I didn't know that will definitely help scoring if I can just execute.

Me too! Never realised progressing the tour boosted song values either!

1 year later
#25060 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Well as usual, it’s easier said than done with this game. Didn’t even get my main 5 patches except for 1 of the 3 games.

Heh, this is why I zone out a little when reading all this patch strategy. I just never get that many patches!

#25068 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

sevevrites is definitely on another level .

Well whaddya know - just had a game where I got at least three, maybe four EBs. I got so many patches.
…and only finished with 32mill

1 week later
#25204 1 year ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Does anyone have any idea why my game volume keeps turning up by itself?

Or - long shot! - leg contact with the volume switch?

2 weeks later
#25328 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I adjusted the outer loop ball guide. Balls drop to the flipper off it now
Edit-was loopy watching the hockey game lol

Would you mind sharing how you did this? I followed some advice on here before and it improved but balls leaving the left orbit still hit the sling most of the time.

#25334 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I tried just loosening the guide nut at the end and the one next to it then holding it forward while I tightened it back down but that alone did not work.
So I removed the sling plastics, loosened the posts then tightened back down while I held them in position towards the outside of the playfield.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this - never occurred to me that the sling plastic could be shifted

2 months later
#25878 9 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

So what about the idea that JJP it’s coming with his own kind of Scorbit?… it was bullshit posted on one of the GodFather threads or do we have any kind proof that we will have that from JJP?

Eric confirmed they’re working on it, on a recent Flip N Out stream.

3 months later
#26570 6 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Plus different art .

But apart from the different art and the glitter…

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Made some nice tweaks to the orbits…

Could you tell me what you tweaked and how you went about it? I’ve had a couple of attempts but not really made much difference. Ball still hits sling most of the time.

1 week later
#26693 5 months ago

Hi rockers and/or rollers. Can someone with functioning spotlight servos advise - when the right light moves to the right, should it push against the ramp a bit? So the ramp plastic flexes?
Or have I got the replacement process horribly wrong?

#26700 5 months ago

Thanks all - the light does seem nicely centred and tests fine (while still hitting the ramp plastic). I did use a servo tester to set it to neutral, too. I’m using the improved holders (from Mezel, I think?) which is a bit thicker but surely that can’t be it?
Am i missing something obvious here?

IMG_0155 (resized).jpegIMG_0155 (resized).jpeg
#26702 5 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Your servo is mounted below the tabs. It should be mounted above. That's why it hits the ramp.[quoted image]

Aha! Thanks so much.
I shouldn’t be allowed under the glass really.

3 months later
#27617 69 days ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Can anyone really understand this mess of a game code yet

Collect all the band members as shown on the screen, then you can start a song.

Lock balls in the guitar neck first, if you like, to increase the number of balls in the song.
Increase the value of the song, if you like, with the booster 2-ball multiballs.

Play the song for a couple of minutes to unlock the mode of the album that song is from.

Collect four albums, play Slash Solo and Tour Multiball to get to the final wizard mode.

Optional: Choose which patches to collect
in the outlane or upper pf to boost scores/make modes easier etc.

Hope that helps. I mean, yes, it could use some tweaks but it’s hardly a mess is it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silkenone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=silkenone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.