PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222143376 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222117418 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221736840~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221543650~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2270 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2268 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 3 years ago

Changed my SE to an LE today. Hopefully that doesn't knock me down too far on the list.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Serious question, is every mode that is tied to starting a song a MB? For how much I like what I’m seeing, that is a major concern.

I'm a bit concerned as well, but this seems like something that if enough people complain about could be adjusted by settings or code updates. I'm guessing this is to appeal to the non-pinhead. They can get some excitement on one credit.

I've mentioned this several times before and I'm not sure why it's never been implemented. It would be nice to have an easy option, at least in free play mode. On the very rare occasion that my wife will play, it's 3 quick balls and done. I think my kids would play more as well if they had an easy leaderboard. Player one plays with a handicap, player 2 normal (or extra hard) rules.

#455 3 years ago

I got the call from Automated today to confirm my LE and put down a small deposit. What are you guys getting for lead times? She said some time in November. 4-6 weeks. That will be their first batch. Hopefully it's sooner.

1 week later
#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Automated services. Was going to be picked up last Friday, but there was a mixup. Paid in full, day one though.

I hope this means I get mine soon. I ordered from Automated day 1 as well, but to pick up in person.

#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today! - the machine was literally built yesterday in Chicago (10/20/20), shipped to Mike at Automated last night, and in my home (Long Island, NY) this AM (10/21/20.)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! When did you place your order?

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

By splice I think they mean using the splitter they linked to join the soundbar and cabinet speakers to the 3.5mm jack on the motherboard in the headbox.
amazon.com link »
You could also use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Behringer-HA400-BEHRINGER-MICROAMP/dp/B000KIPT30

I believe this has 1/4" jacks. You would need a bunch of 1/4" to 1/8" adapters to use this.

1 week later
#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone know if you still have to change batteries on GNR .

JJP games have a computer with one of those coin batteries. I think they recommend every 3 years.

1 week later
#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’d buy a used LE with playfield issues right now no questions asked. Whose ready to cut their losses and get out of the horror of the playfield concerns?

This isn't the first post I've seen like this with no public response. Either the game is good enough that it's no big deal, or the playfield issues are way blown out of proportion. Probably a little of both. Good luck finding your game, I'm (semi) patiently waiting for my day 1 order.

3 weeks later
#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

These are an excellent set of cutters, and are expensive, perfect for the prepping RJ45 connectors.
Great to se JJP using quality tools.

It is a great tool, but fairly inexpensive. Probably not worth the shipping cost. They do break so I like to buy a few at a time. At least I think these are the same. One of my most used tool in the toolbox.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0765NMV68/ref=afx_dp_prime_egress

#3563 3 years ago

I was told yesterday that my day one (LE) minutes after release order wouldn't be ready until next year because they are running CE's next. Maybe you CE guys will get lucky. I have a hard time believing all the other people that already have their games from Automated were all pre day 1 orders. I'm not sure who to be mad at, but I think I'll be going elsewhere for my next NIB.

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I had my CE paid for the day before release. They have already run LE’s and SE’s several times. It’s now time for the 12,500 guys to get theirs.

You should get yours and I hope you do soon. At that price it probably should have been the ones run first. My complaint is more that there have been several runs and somehow with a day 1 order I still don't have it.

How many other people here are waiting on a day 1 LE order?
How many people that ordered after day 1 have an LE?

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Weirdly, staying with your current distributor would probably be best for your 'front of the line' chances next time.
Sales dudes like to reward repeat customers.

You would think. I know a lot of guys are buying multiple games a year but I've bought 3 NIB games over the last 4 years from Automated. Not cheap ones either (as if any of them are cheap).

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would venture to guess that some folks that ordered a CE on day one and later were told they weren't getting it....were able to get the LE instead and cut the line.

That's very likely, but I would like them to tell me that. I've heard 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 weeks, now 8 weeks.

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have bought both my woz rr and hobbit le from automated. He gets large amounts from jjp because he’s one of Jack’s best friends. I went elsewhere this time on day 1 because both times with automated, he wasn’t honest about what I was getting with my two games. Really irritating to find out he lied about the games at the sale. He also doesn’t seem to care that I spent nearly $20k with him before, and wasn’t willing to do much for me this time. I wanted to go elsewhere anyway but figured I’d at least see if there was anything he could do to get my business back. Nope. I won’t be back

It's too bad because the other experiences I've had with Automated have been great. He gave me the whole line about getting the most games because he sells the most as well. He also told me I was one of the first to order. I believe he said I was "Next in line" after he sold his first batch of 7 or 8. All bullshit. Are you telling me the biggest JJP distro only got 7 or 8 games? Possible, but I doubt it.

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Just got an email from PinballSTAR! My LE shipping notifi... eh, nope. Hats and blankets.

Ha! Got the same email.

#3643 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure if this is true. Just posted.
[quoted image]

I saw this as well. My distro told me no more LE's until after the CE's. That looks like an LE fresh off the line. Maybe these are for JJP direct only? Maybe my distro is full of shit?

#3658 3 years ago

Give her a life lesson in being an artist and tell her you will pay her in exposure. Look at all the views it has! Kidding. I'm sure a lot of us would pay $150 for it, which is a bit above minimum wage. Pay the girl! Looks fantastic.

Edit: that thing is pretty big. Make it $250.

#3679 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

the camera makes me look like a fat ass, anyone else?

My DI and Wonka both have this issue. I can't possibly be that fat. I was hoping they fixed it for GnR. Maybe a future code update will improve it. A new attract mode feature that tracks how many beers and snacks you've had and yells at you. That was the breakthrough feature!

1 week later
#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Have this spot on my upper playfield. I don't like to complain, but JJP has proven to be very disappointing with this. I sent an original email about it on 12/16. They responded and asked for some pictures. I sent pics and have not heard from them since. Just an update would be nice or acknowledgment would be nice. What does everyone think, is this acceptable on an LE?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the blemish is under the clear and the surface is smooth I'd be fine with it. If it's a chunk missing, clear and all, I'd be pissed.

2 weeks later
#4719 3 years ago

The wait is finally over! No issues so far. I did change the balls because they looked a little dull. My boy was pretty pumped to get the first GC score.

2021-01-09 17.55.08 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 17.55.08 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 18.41.33 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 18.41.33 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.23 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.23 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.36 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 19.18.36 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 20.21.26 (resized).jpg2021-01-09 20.21.26 (resized).jpg
#4745 3 years ago

I tried my Bluetooth Galaxy Buds. They connected but the sound is very thin. I'm really not a fan of these earbuds, but I don't think they normally sound this bad. I tried my Sennheiser over the ear noise cancelling which I think sound great and was unable to connect. I may need to initiate pairing, I'll look into it some more. I also tried my wired Sennheiser's and they sounded perfect. I have headphone jacks on a handful of games. I always love it when I plug them in but find I rarely use it after testing. I can see this being huge on location if it's quick and easy with the wireless bluetooth. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out eventually. I find that bluetooth overall is a troublesome platform, I'm surprised someone hasn't figured out something better.

The game has about 50 plays in just over 24 hours, 40 of them are probably mine. I don't think I've ever put this many plays on a game in a day. The immersion and lightshow is so far ahead of anything I've ever played. Code clearly isn't finished, but is still a ton of fun. I got to an album mode a couple times today, I think it was a Use Your Illusion that was just some hot rods racing in the desert. Just a placeholder?. I'm a huge GnR fan, but I don't think I'm biased. If the game stunk I'd be super pissed. It's amazing and with some code polish I think will be one of the best ever. While I'm a big GnR fan there are some songs I'm done with, but I still pick them to see the lightshow. You don't need to be a fan to like this game, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

#4829 3 years ago

My day 1 LE only came in last week. I know of at least one other Pinsider that got his day 1 last week as well. I'm sure some big spenders cut me in line. I'm guessing there are still a couple months worth of unfulfilled LE orders that will resume once the CE's are done. They will be running these for a long time!

#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there is already a steel ball being launched around the playfield I suspect no damage will be incurred when it does eventually appear. I am betting I'm not the only one in this hobby that lost a screw, washer, or even tool while doing service only to have it mysteriously appear during a random game lol. Replace with any nylon nut and Play that awesome game.

That random game is always a great game though. Do you stop the game or finish the ball and risk letting it scratch something????

#4913 3 years ago

I'm a huge GnR fan, but there are a handful of songs I can't stand because they were overplayed or are on Chinese Democracy. I'm actually enjoying Chinese Democracy in the game, I'm thinking I should give the album another shot. Paradise City and Live and Let Die are both instant skips on the radio that I don't mind playing. Maybe I skipped them enough times that I can enjoy them again. November Rain however does not belong in a pinball machine. At least I can skip it.

There are so many lights flashing in songs, sometimes I find it hard to know what I'm actually shooting for. It's hard to look up at the screen with 5 or 6 balls flailing around. I'll learn the shots for the songs eventually. The voice callouts for shots are a nice touch. I'm starting to string together some decent games, I just need to figure out the patches. This game is so good and I know it can only get better with some updates.

#4954 3 years ago

I'm stuck at 12 million. Still a lot to learn and process. Every time I look at the screen to see what's going on I lose all my balls. How are you guys keeping such good track of lost jackpots?

#5099 3 years ago

Just shy of 100 plays and had my first minor issue. Loose screw landed in the inlane and trapped the ball. It came from the speaker stack. I suspect it never caught any threads in the install, I couldn't get it in without loosening the other screw. I'm happy I found it quickly. While I had the glass off I replaced the flipper rubber. They were already showing sign of wear. The deeper red of the Titans looks great too. I tried adjusting the skill shot deflector and it made no difference. I think for me it will be an adjustment of the lane it hits after. Luckily I'm not getting SDTM, just sometimes clear shot to right flipper, sometimes a bounce and left flipper. I wish I remembered to loosen the diverters on the bass. First game in and I tilted out trying to get a ball free.

2021-01-19 17.23.50 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.50 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.53 (resized).jpg2021-01-19 17.23.53 (resized).jpg
#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where did you download it from ? It's not on the website.
LTG : )

I just updated mine using wifi in the game.

1 week later
#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Great pics!! I like the art of those side blades, just not the "legendary" writing on it... Picky, I know...but those pics make it look really nice, thanks

I agree completely. I don't understand why they would ruin an otherwise great looking blade with that huge text.

#5767 3 years ago

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?

2021-02-10 18.10.29 (resized).jpg2021-02-10 18.10.29 (resized).jpg
#5781 3 years ago

Rebooting didn't help. I tried redownloading it. Still gets stuck. I'm going to try the USB stick.

#5789 3 years ago

My game was bricked by the online update. I did the boring old USB stick update and it worked fine. It even saved my scores, I thought full updates on JJP wiped everything. Download was very quick on my computer. 1.13 is running fine now.

#5838 3 years ago

I had issues with the 1.13 install. it worked fine with the USB thumb drive. There is a USB cable right behind the coin box, no need to open the back box. 1.14 Wifi update worked perfectly and was very quick.

#6037 3 years ago

Did Axl do his callouts over the phone? A handheld voice recorder from Radio Shack? All the other callouts sound great. I think I'd prefer they weren't there, they just don't sound right. The rest of the band has plenty.

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.
Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?
I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.
Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

There is a USB extension you can reach from the coin door. Unplug the little bluetooth or wifi dongle and you are good to go. It's secured behind the piece of wood that stops the coin box from going deeper into the cabinet.

Edit: Nevermind, took too long to post. Glad you found it.

1 week later
#6386 3 years ago

I just played a couple quick games on my lunch break (got my ass kicked) and man does this thing sound good with a subwoofer installed. I know this isn't news to anyone that has one installed, but if you haven't you aren't getting the whole experience. Thanks to MarkA and SGSA from Pinnovators. Hopefully getting the kit installed in Willy Wonka tonight so I can test out the mixer.

#6559 3 years ago

The update was very quick. Wifi update is awesome.

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I've got a problem I'm hoping someone may be able to assist with....
I have terrible internet where I live so went to update the game software with a USB drive. I booted the game, inserted the USB drive and then noticed the screen was blank and also none of the service buttons would work either. I powered the game off, removed the USB drive and now when I turn the game on, it boots straight into a screen that says "Enter Password". On this screen no buttons work either.
I don't think I did anything wrong (or did I??). What can I do to get my game back again? Appreciate any help!!!!![quoted image]

The password for Dialed In is qmodem, maybe it's the same? Plug in a USB keyboard and try it. My guess is plugging in the USB drive messed with boot priority or something.

1 week later
#7150 3 years ago

Update from 1.17RC went without a hitch. Haven't played the game in probably a week. First game 250,000. I hate this game. I'm selling all of my pinball machines. 2nd game 60 million. This is the best game ever made. Ha! Scorbit was not connecting to upload my new GC. I'll try rebooting everything and see if I can get it to connect.

edit: Scorbit worked after I reset the machine and my phone.

2021-03-15 21.20.48 (resized).jpg2021-03-15 21.20.48 (resized).jpg

#7154 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I got the spaghetti one in my Collectors .... so is mandatory for me to change it, a MUST HAVE!

At least you didn't get Chinese Democracy (like me!). I actually like Spaghetti Incident. I'm surprised the mod people haven't jumped on this. It would be neat if you could swap them out easily. Hey mod people, I'll take a Live like a suicide! and the banned cover for Appetite cover please.

1 week later
#7701 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just got a GnR. came on the thread to see what I was missing, I assumed it was a plaque or something.

It's the numbered plaque. It should be in a small envelope. It may have been in the coin box with 2 screws. I found it a little odd it wasn't installed from the factory but it only took seconds to install.

#7702 2 years ago

Here is my plaque on top of the envelope it came in,

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7793 2 years ago

There are so many more songs in this game than any game ever, by a lot. Let's concentrate on finishing and polishing the code. More songs would be great, but I'd rather have finished code. We aren't even close to that. And please stop offering to pay extra for content. That is the very last thing pinball needs. I know it's coming eventually but let's not embrace it yet.

2 weeks later
#8181 2 years ago

For the people that have installed the scoop Cliffy, are you finding more or less rejects? I get quite a few with the factory protector. The factory protector is also lifting a little on the sides.

2 weeks later
#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Karl good. [quoted image]

This is a song I dislike and would normally skip. I've gotten some decent scores just trying to erase factory or other peoples scores. Maybe I need to embrace the hate! Great score!

1 week later
#9646 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone having trouble updating to 1.22 via WiFi? Freezes at about 32%, then says unable to verify. Tried a second time, didn’t get past 1% and it locked the game. Had to turn off and reboot. Guess I’ll try a usb stick next.

Mine was successful over WiFi. It was a quick update. Restarting took longer than the update. It did hang for a quick second at 1% but powered through after that. Good luck!

1 month later
#11869 2 years ago

My guitar lock was completely broken. It showed up in test mode and appeared to calibrate, but the switch didn't work. Keyboard and skill shot sensors worked fine. Post #3764 showed a similar issue, a wire not seated in a connector all the way. I never did hear it click in, it's in an awkward spot. It's working now, hopefully it stays. There are a lot of wires in this game under tension. I can see a lot of problems like this coming up over time.

2021-07-02 15.41.01 (resized).jpg2021-07-02 15.41.01 (resized).jpg
#12118 2 years ago

Can you download the beta update via USB? My internet is down until Saturday at home, but I could download it on a thumb drive at work. Mobile Hotspot isn't working.

#12335 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

I'm glad I'm not the only nerd to wear a GnR shirt to pick up my GnR. Enjoy!

1 week later
#12771 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

I appreciate your advice. but I need to know if this is the correct speaker, according to specifications it is 65w, when I have seen other LEs that have 300w. I need it to make a list of failures, I am going to return the machine.

My game has this speaker. Low end, nothing special. I do think the game sounds fine with the external sub.
https://www.parts-express.com/Pyramid-WX85X-8-White-Poly-Woofer-290-272

That speaker appears to be discontinued. I believe this is the speaker in your game. Another low end, but well rated speaker. I wouldn't worry about the wattage. I doubt that board is putting out anywhere near enough wattage for it to matter, plus I would never trust the wattage listed on low end gear.
https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-8PR-8-8-Poly-Cone-Rubber-Surround-Woofer-292-428?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl_SHBhCQARIsAFIFRVXCujVUGRXOCwxDCl0oHy1dYVkDA0jahF0p3uUbDBA8nLg3ktKPPk4aAieYEALw_wcB

#12779 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The two links from Shredso are similar but different impedances. First is 4ohm, second is 8ohm.
There are other specifications like sensitivity that would actually affect the sound quality without potentially hurting the amp as getting the correct impedance for the amp is more important than wattage specs and sensitivity.
It wouldn't surprise me if JJP sourced multiple kinds of woofers and their BOM part# is just based on cost first As long as it meets their impedance specifications. PinWoofer might know what stock specs "should" most likely be from his research and testing of pinwoofer....

I was more posting to show they are comparable low end speakers, no funny business. It is interesting that the ohms don't match. Mine is definitely a 4ohm, Chipywinie clearly has an 8ohm. I wonder if they modified the wiring. I doubt it.

2021-07-25 18.29.51 (resized).jpg2021-07-25 18.29.51 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12997 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any key posts on trouble shooting the light sensor switches on the guitar head locks?

Mine was acting up and it was a connector issue. I have a picture of it back a few posts ago. At least one other person has had the same issue.

4 weeks later
#14317 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

I left the right post below the AXL lanes unprotected, having trouble removing it - after removing the nylon nut below the playfield, it was very hard to access the post which seems stuck to the playfield...
I clearly don't have the ideal wrench size for the part on the playfield, don't know what is the US metric to be used. And I don't know how to remove the "4 posts" block above the post to make more room, it if it's even possible.
I regret it dearly know as pooling but also art chipping have started...
Any advice for a noob on how to remove that problematic post so I can try some heat gun / mylar / washer ?[quoted image]

I have a cheapo 4 in-1 screwdriver I use for these. My 4 in-1 with the bits taken out is a deep 1/4". Obviously the rubber needs to be removed.
(I just went to find mine and couldn't. I tried another random 4 in-1 and it was 5/16 so YMMV)

If it's not accessible I will also use an ignition wrench. You wouldn't need to remove the rubber using that. I got my ignition wrench set at Sears years ago so I can't link the one I have, but any should be fine. Quick search on Amazon brought up lots of sets. Very useful for hard to reach spots. I color coded mine the same as nut drivers.

2021-08-30 19.21.07 (resized).jpg2021-08-30 19.21.07 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14689 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

ive seen these. I heard this becomes a 2/3 person job as they need to be held in place while the playfield is lifted.

Not at all. They slide right in. I wish I had these years ago when I started installing mirror blades. Great purchase.

1 year later
#24742 1 year ago

*This is based on absolutely no facts at all, I completely made this up.

The reason JJP hasn't had any significant code updates and cut ties with Scorbit is because they were completely overhauling the OS. The update will provide a more classic feel to the flippers and slings for all JJP games, along with a new achievement system that doesn't require a phone and will offer some cool tournament options if you own more than one JJP game.

A man can dream, right? I heard that GF plays a lot faster than the previous titles. I'm really hoping they figured something out. Sure, you can dial them in with fans and settings to get them better, but it should be great out of the box. Almost every JJP I've played on location has played like trash.

#24745 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Or.....get this. JJP is a greedy company that lost all sight of what their mission was. When JJP first came out, their motto was more pinball for your buck, and used Stern's barren playfields and high prices to leverage their company. Now it's more barren for more buck. They are slowly removing things that made JJP magical, while increasing price at sky rocket pace. GNR came out at $9500 which was already an increase and during production raised the priace to 11k. Then Toy Story came out with aliexpress cake toppers for 12k.
Fast foward to now, we have less warranty with JJP than ever before, and we have our first JJP with no secondary LCD screen. First JJP LE with no powder coat trim. First LE (if memory serves me well) with removed sculpts and modified sculpts. And now we have the removale of Scorbit.
I'm sorry, but with the pattern of JJP removing more and more in games and increasing prices in games, I don't see them caring about customers and finishing any kind of code because they already have their money.
Furthermore, proof they could care less about customers is the whole GnR playfield issues where somehow, it was thousands of owners fault the playfields were all simuatniously flaking, placing the blame on consumers. JJP is not the same company and it's nice to be hopeful, but trends suggest this is another cost cutting, stripping down of games.

Unfortunately your post is likely much more accurate than mine. I have 3 JJP games that don't see much play and I'm hoping for one last push to make them what they should be. I'd almost certainly never buy another JJP NIB after the GnR playfield issues. At least Stern has picked up the slack with some great (and a few not so great) games.

8 months later
#26846 3 months ago

I'm considering pulling the trigger on the Precision Flipper system with the Black Friday sale. I've bought entire pinball machines for less than the cost of this mod. What in your opinion is the must buy? I see no reason for the mini flipper, I've never had issues with that shot. Not matching is not a deal breaker. I'm questioning the need for the upper right flipper, and for the keyed clamp.

#26851 3 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

This is a must buy IMHO for GnR L, R and UR flippers. I also recently switched to Superbands with the Halo precisions as they are the best solution I have found so far (speaking only of them on GnR). No ball hop at all anymore out of the guides to the flippers, still can do post passes, deadflip, drop and live catches and backhand the left ramp and shoot under the flipper from the left flipper...all important shots.
Keyed clamp is also a must buy with the crap soft metal JJP uses on the factory clamps
I don't use superbands for any other pin as they were too sticky or what have you (Titans mainly) but again they seem perfect with the Precisions (I have not tried them on the solids, only the Halos)
Also to note, I always had to have the left flipper slightly raised to make the backhand...not anymore...both are even and can shoot orbits and backhands for days
The game has become so much more fun. I've been hitting 40 million plus jackpots since the change on default game settings
Also, I haven't done anything to the upper playfield flipper, it's still factory plastic and a Titan rubber.
To avoid OCD issues, I made the upper playfield flipper it's own thing and part of the pile of skulls
[quoted image]

Thanks. For the keyed clamps, is the Right EOS for the right flipper?

2 months later
#27639 25 days ago

Is there a way to extract the high score pictures? There were some great pics taken NYE, and some fun pictures of my kids. It would be nice to save them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.