IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14541 2 years ago

Just noticed the mini lcd on my game is out.

I can't see any obvious loose connectors under the pf. It looks like there is zero power to it.

Is there a fuse related to this display?

#14552 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. If it's a VGA connection maybe you can swap it with the big screen and see if it works. The LCD has power connector and data. Only two things behind it. Check that the other end of power and data are still on tight.
LTG : )

Thanks for the reply Lloyd. The data is connected through a USB not VGA.

My DMM reads 9.5v at the power connector with probes on the red and black.

I reseated both connectors, but display is dead. I would still expect to get some indication from the display even without data.

Any other suggestions?
20210904_153702 (resized).jpg20210904_153702 (resized).jpg

#14558 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That flexible ribbon cable looks like it has some tension on it. It may have slipped out of the connector and lost partial connection, which would kill video.
If it's the locking kind, you have to move the "wings" on the side to slide it back in more firmly, and then press the connector wings back to lock it in.

That was it! Thank you!

That paper-thin ribbon cable was just slightly back on one side.

I unlocked the tabs and pushed it back in squarely and the video display is back.

Attaching before and after pics. Good eye!

20210904_205526 (resized).jpg20210904_205526 (resized).jpg20210904_210610 (resized).jpg20210904_210610 (resized).jpg
#14573 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wait until you blow a 150mil jackpot. I did and it was November rain too.

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3d8ecca2ee1127dd751c4b7376701cb76af6409a-1630860284-1800"};
//]]>

How many times did you pass on collecting in order to build it to 150M?

#14662 2 years ago

Anybody know where this little rubber piece belongs?

I saw it rolling down from center/leftish of playfield during a game. Can't see where it came from.

20210907_115613 (resized).jpg20210907_115613 (resized).jpg
#14665 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Does it go on the apron by the GNR symbol?
[quoted image]

Yep that's it.

Thanks!

#14700 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You got instructions to install your cliffy's ?
Any chance you could post a picture of them please .

FYI, the outhole drain cliffy has caused many ball hang-ups on slow rolling balls, requiring me to shake it loose to drain. I tried to smooth it over with mylar, but it would still hang there occasionally.

I plan on removing it. I don't think the area is at risk, and if it is, mylar by itself would work better.

20210908_081833 (resized).jpg20210908_081833 (resized).jpg
#14772 2 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:I got my GNR a couple weeks ago. July Build Date.
I am having the exact same Center Scoop SDTM issue. First dozen games I didn't notice any of this but now it's SDTM each time the center scoop ejects.
I raised the flipper power only about 2 levels and now it's hitting just the tip of the left flipper (most of the time).
There seems to be no real solution other then try to get the scoop hood as left as possible and maybe stick a target foam on the right inside of the scoop hood. I still need to try that.
Has anyone had success in getting this scoop's eject to hit the left flipper?
This issue reminds me of my Star Trek 25 Annv's right eject scoop shooting the ball SDTM. I still havent found a way to fix that one. Ugh!

Also you might check the level of the game.

#14921 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sending 2, 3 and more balls to the upper playfield into the super lock all in succession or at virtually the same time is one of the most rewarding feelings of satisfaction and bliss I’ve ever had with pinball.

That shot to the upper pf is the absolute most dynamic shot in the game. Plus it's fun to multitask the different shots with the upper pf flipper if it's not a clean lock from below.

The SE is missing the best design element of the game. It's a massive sacrifice, that really makes sense if you're an operator.

The games are not at all the same.

1 week later
#15191 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

where are riots when multiball says 'shoot the riots!' ?

I think it's saying shoot the ramps.

1 week later
#15527 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m having some strange behaviour on my guitar lock. The ball release will not work during gameplay. It’s makes the correct sounds just before it would normally release. Works fine in coil tests though. Any thoughts?

I had that issue. There was something physically binding it.

Take a look from under the pf and make sure it's aligned straight and there's nothing restricting the free movement.

#15532 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s free. It’s works perfectly in the coil test.

It may still work in coil test, but next time it sticks up without releasing a ball, stop playing and examine the post as to why it's sticking. It is likely some mechanical binding.

Mine still worked too, but if I manually moved the post slowly, I could get it to stick.

It's highly unlikely it's an electronic error. If it always releases when you shut off power, then maybe.

1 week later
#16030 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
Tried Downloading full update.
Put the USB in and turned game on.
Got a different screen to usual- something about a Data Block!? with 2 bars that were going..
Never seen that before. Is that right for this download?

Why not download code using wifi option in diagnostics?

It's super easy. No usb drive needed.

1 week later
#16478 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is anyone still enjoying the SE gameplay the most? I’m considering buying an SE, mostly because it’s cheaper, but I also think there’s a chance I might like that it’s faster better.

If you're already paying thousands, I don't think the SE is worth the cost savings, nor do I think any perceived speed is better.

My favorite part of the pf layout is that upper pf. I think the sacrifice in gameplay with the SE is too great.

Locking balls from a direct shot up the ramp or cradling the upper pf flipper to direct your shot to either the vuk or guitar lock is great. When the diverter is up, you still can experience the speed of a fast ball return (and it's no big deal.)

Also, when you're multitasking in mb, it's a nice benefit to be able to park a ball away from the flippers for a few seconds.

I would only go LE. The difference is too big.

#16638 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I chickened out and cashed out.. twice. But hey at least I made it to #5 on Scorbit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome jackpot score.

It makes me feel really shitty while at the same time hopeful.

2 weeks later
#17318 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside logic:
POTC: 6 multiballs, stacking incentivized - best game ever please make more!!!!
GNR: 4 multiballs, stacking incentivized - too many multiballs! How can I shut this off and ruin the gameplay??

I'm not disagreeing with your point, but there are technically 27 multiballs.

21 different song multiballs (dif rules,) 4 booster multiballs, plus Tour and Coma mb.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17373 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I’m getting so bored with trying to fix this FRICKIN’ SPOTLIGHT!!

Are there any step by step instructions on how to replace the servos in these 17,000 posts? I need to address this issue as well.

3 weeks later
#18198 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My little TV has gone blank , any ideas what I should check .
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar issue. Check to see the ribbon cable behind back wall of playfield is squarely seated.

See this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/292#post-6479416

#18269 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why is the upper playfield ramp so hard for me to hit with right flipper... Argh! I can pound that Target right next to it but I miss that ramp way way too much.

I have this happen a lot too. I wish I could figure out how to de-klunk that left ramp shot to be more consistent from the right flipper.

1 week later
#18552 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Had to order some of the blue snubber rubbers for my scoop today. $2.99 for a little rubber isn’t terrible but they’re charging me $10.63 to ship 6 of those little things usps priority mail. It definitely isn’t costing them even half that.

Sort of irritated there’s only one place I know of to get them and I didn’t have a good experience the only other time I ordered there. Not really one to complain much but it seems wrong.

I believe Titan makes these now too. Maybe add them into a larger order of a rubber kit.

Added over 2 years ago:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=159

#18580 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

The kind of people who dont dump their drink out before throwing it away (so the bag leaks onto others). Preaching about equality yet using FAR Part 3. You know, worried about climate change while continuing to believe that magnesium has anything to do with it. Fully not comprehending words such as integrity, courage, wisdom, logic, freedom, micromanagement & abusive behavior/reasoning etc.
Then offered up a headphone solution for the problem. I hope it works out.

WTF are you rambling about?

#18621 2 years ago

Can anybody who had left ramp issues share how to improve the left ramp shot's consistency?

I have an inordinately high percentage of clunk-outs.

My success rate on that shot is like 15-20%. 99% of my shots go up to the top but will still klunk back down. I don't think it's my aim but maybe. Something seems different. The shot seemed more makeable before.

#18631 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I may need my eyes checked but this sure looks like Slash ripping a solo on "This I love".

Pretty sure that video is showing Saul Hudson.

#18661 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

How do you “zero” the spotlight servos if you were stupid and didn’t realize you couldn’t adjust them by hand. I did the JJP service bulletin to trim the arm so it doesn’t hit and break and it says in there to position it pointed up to access it so I did that but assume I messed up the servo as shortly after both my vertical servos stopped working. So I ordered replacements but since I changed the positioning by hand do they still zero out correctly or how would I make sure I don’t mess up my replacement ones also? Thanks!

Here's what I did which worked.

I plugged the new servo in by itself without having it connected to the bracket. In test settings, I moved the spotlight to the center location. Then I attached the bracket to the servo making sure that the bracket is positioned in the center mid position of its slide range.

#18724 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Someone said these might be available at Titan. Does anyone know for sure. I could not find them on their site.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=159

#18748 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

thanks a lot, and don’t forget the Tour Video:
During Attract mode hit the the buttons as followed in a row:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right

An easy way to remember this is alphabetically. It's GnR.

7th letter is G
14th letter is N
18th letter is R

#18750 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

And I believe other two videos are SSH (Saul “Slash” Hudson) and Eric’s initials, EMM, I think?

I thought that also.

#18753 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any suggestions on how to prevent the ball from getting stuck at the top of the bass guitar rails? If there's not enough momentum from the VUK, the ball won't make it up onto one of the three metal lanes. I don't see anyway to make the rails more flush with the wood pf and I don't think the entire upper pf angle can be changed, so I'm at a loss on how to fix this?

Maybe increase coil strength in settings?

#18781 2 years ago

I didn't order them, so not sure if they're too thick. They're supposed to be exact replacements for the standard B/W square blue rubber.

Only noticed they were part of the Titan inventory that others couldn't find on the Titan website. They're not as cheap though.

#18849 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I would not recommend isopropal alcohol to clean any sensor, it will attack the plastic casing. The tiny sensors are delicate, if you want to clean them my recommendation would be careful spray with air brush.

99% isopropyl alcohol evaporates completely almost immediately which is why it's perfect for this type of application.

It leaves zero residue. But it needs to be 99%+ concentration. The plastic casing is not going to be damaged.

It is great for cleaning opto switches with a q-tip.

#18911 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I picked up a GNR LE a couple weeks ago. Shoots nicer than I expected...really like the flow of the travel shots. Repeating the inner loop is really fun, but was surprised by the absence of any "combo" rewards or recognition. For me, part of the coolness of combos (aside from points) is having the machine recognize that you've done something cool. Oh well. My other big beef with the game is the arcane scoring. I just had a huge ball on Chinese Democracy and received very little points for my trouble. I noticed a 1.7M song jackpot, but I guess I failed to make the center shoot and it disappeared? Hopefully the scoring can be made more balanced. If you keep the ball in play and are consistently nailing shots, the score should reflect that. I've been playing a lot of Rick and Morty and it is MUCH more balanced in terms of scoring (and the objectives are clear).

The game requires rules knowledge.

High scores don't just happen if you keep a ball in play making shots. You control song value and how lucrative the shots can be.

You need to set up songs with the right patches and play the 2 ball multiballs in advance of starting songs to maximize your jackpots and increase your scores.

This is something I still need to learn as well.

2 weeks later
#19325 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Ball 1 I lost before I even hit 500,000. Almost wrote the whole game off then got my main patches, locked 6 balls, started a song…. 4-5 songs later, ended up with over 111,000,000

You just described my games exactly.

Except mine end after your first sentence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.