pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rhettdr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22386 1 year ago

Hey all - is there some trick to getting my GnR online? I go into the network settings. The game clearly "sees" my network. I choose it. I typed the password and verified that it was correct on another device. Then I go to the "connect" portion of the menu, and then it says after about 10-15 seconds - "connection failed"...

Seems like I did everything right.
Did I miss a step?

#22388 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I recall reading that passwords should be letters and numbers. No fancy !@#$%^&*() symbols. Do you have any of that going on ?
LTG : )

The password has a special character in it. You have to be kidding me… that is thing?

1 month later
#22854 1 year ago

Hey all - I am running latest code. But the Desert Demolition mode... I can't knock out ALL of the racers... But no matter how many times i hit the piano on the last racer... It doesn't give me credit for the shot. I hear it make the chime that I hit the shot. I know the shot is lit when I hit the racer button. I keep hitting it and hitting it. Snap a spinner to charge up the action button. Hit action button... catch up... and bang - hit the piano shot (hear the chime) don't knock out the last racer. Is this the glitch everyone is talking about?

4 months later
#24171 1 year ago

All - any update on this PFC alarm issue? I use a nice piece of electrical tape on the mini-USB under the playfield and it works really well for a while. Then it errors again. I replace the tape (pulled nice and tight). I'm good for a while.

So, Is there a permanent fix? I emailed JJP about it, and they mentioned, that "Yep it's a problem, and the tape should really help!"

Not exactly a great response.

GnR - Protector PFC Alarm (resized).JPGGnR - Protector PFC Alarm (resized).JPG
#24173 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Have you checked the other end at the back box IO board to make sure it's good connection also? Maybe remove and reseat that too.
Another thing is make sure there's enough slack so when you lower the playfield it doesn't pull on it.
I used a flashlight observing in the coin to make sure no binding/pulling.

I have and there is plenty of slack. I can look again - but feels like a well worn path at this point.

#24175 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok. When Mine was doing this periodically I came up with the idea to cut a piece in a rectangle of thick Alien tape I have and pulled it tight with half across each side of connector and socket and held it there under pressure for 1 minute. The tape is constantly trying to return back into shape and pulling those connections tight.
It's a mcgyver fix but it hasn't happened again to me since so maybe it's working.... Before that it wasn't happening frequently but every now and then.
If it were me, I'd probably unplug every cable on that board and reseat it just for good measure.

Oh, I have - many times... I may try again - but just not a fan of these Gremlins - that feel like something JJP should KNOW How to fix by now.

9 months later
#26828 4 months ago

Hey all... I have been through this thread and it's always tough to piece everything together. I have an LE - and I cannot get it to connect to WIFI. It sees my router. I have verified the password. I have tried even using my phone as a "HOT SPOT" - and it didn't work. I think

some of you swapped out the dongle with this thing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PB1X4CN/ref=ewc_pr_img_1
Did that work?

I am at a loss.

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpg
#26830 4 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Try plugging the wife dongle into another USB port directly on the motherboard. If that doesn' work, I'd swap the wifi dongle with another game that you know works.

Yeah - I don't really have another game to do that with. Weird... I tried a USB update for GNR - about 6GB. My USB drive has 14GB of available space.
Says not enough room... Too weird.

2 weeks later
#26943 3 months ago

I tried to search - Maybe no luck, here.
I am having trouble on SOME games. Anyone else have issues where the game gets confused and doesn't know if you shoot a ball into the guitar lock?

Clearly a code / switch issue.

EXAMPLE: I'll play a game - no problem - collect band members - no problem - lock balls prior to song - no problem - Play the song - No problem - Even get a few power chords - No problem...

Play the album mode - No issue - build toward the next song - Shoot a ball into the ball lock and boom... Plays the little drum "Rim-shot" sound - doesn't release the ball - and i have to wait for the ball finder to activate to get my ball back. Stays like this until the next game.

I am running latest code - Updated online over thanksgiving.

It doesn't do this EVERY game - For the life of me - I also can't see if it corelates to any one action... Like - Certain multiballs / etc... I did replace the USB cable from the CPU to the board for the guitar lock so I don't get that "PPC ERROR" thing any more... so that's good (so far).

Any ideas / experience?

#26948 3 months ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

RhettDR check this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/536#post-7867826 you want to make sure this is not happening to you as it might explain why it sometimes fails to release

Thanks for this - My undercarriage is sound as a pound, baby! j/k.

This seems more like a code / glitch - thing. You know how when you can lock a ball - the little circles on the guitar head are flashing. Mine - when it gets confused - are all solid... So, it's weird.

#26959 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Have you tried calibrating the sensors? When my guitar lock stopped detecting balls, that was the solution.

I shall do this - Thanks...

#26960 3 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s horrible man…at least you know you can get there.

I was playing last night and was so close to getting there... My son was watching in amazement... Now I would be so pissed if I went to start that mode and there was nothing there.

1 month later
#27271 74 days ago

Have any of you guys had issues where you play and everything is fine, and then - almost seemingly randomly - All of the under-playfield sensors stop working at the same time? When this happens - you can't even "Calibrate" the sensors. They are all RED in the test screen. The game says sensors not found.

After a power cycle things seem fine. In fact - they may be fine for DAYS. But then - you're deep in a game and BOOM problem returns.

#27274 74 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

This sounds heat related to me. May not be easy to find. It has never happened to me.

I should clarify. I am only talking about the ball proximity sensors. The piano / the guitar locks / the shooter lane...

#27280 73 days ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had this happening and swapped the USB plugs on the motherboard. Haven't had a problem since for over a couple months now

What are the "USB plugs"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odessa, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rhettdr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=rhettdr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.