IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raiders36.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Biggest loser so far: Lost a 40M song jackpot on November Rain. Ugh.

That beats mine. My top score has been like 9.5M, happened early before I knew what I was trying for. Since then have lost many jackpots at 16-22M, never that big though. Local here put up 100M with one song netting 76M

1 week later
#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

For those that have played the game, do you find it boring after a while? I see some comments on Reddit that there are too many multi balls and plays choppy. Iā€™m just having doubts with my gnr le preorder. Thanks for the input.

Absolutely not. The mini multiballs are there for a reason. Allows you to start mystery without starting a song. Allows you to increase meters on the 4 , Pyro, Lights, Amp Fire. I have played many many games on location and I can not wait to have in my collection.

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

My GNR arrives tomorrow and I am looking for advice for how to get it up stairs. The stairs look like the picture only with a single additional step on the landing. When we moved my Iron Maiden upstairs, the dealer delivered and set it up. He isn't available due to COVID restrictions. The landing is too tight to rotate the machine. If I recall correctly, he had to use the hand truck on the wrong side of the machine for the second half of the stairs.
Can I get away with that with the GNR machine?
Any advice or suggestions for the best way to move the machine? JJP said it weighs 350 pounds.
I tried every moving company in town and can't find any help.
thanks![quoted image]

I have a similar situation to get games down stairs. Mine was so tight that with game on dolly we didnt have enough room to even put on landing. We had to put the pallet down first to place the game. Removed dolly. Lifted and removed the pallet. Slid over then just lifted it down. Granted I was going down stairs so that makes it easier. Was able to get Wonka LE down that way. I am dreading moving, cause that is only reason I would take wonka out. Too much work.

#3521 3 years ago

The rose and gun also give increase paradise city

4 months later
#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Iā€™d love to hear more on this because I think Iā€™m struggling. What are the various ways to increase your score? The only way Iā€™ve found is to go for a big song jackpot. If you donā€™t get that, youā€™re score is super low.

Vater, Skull, Gun, Rose i try to score during 2 ball multiple to start these out and build song values, lock balls. PAst few song starts were 192 and 162, and neither was able to collect the 30M jackpot

1 month later
#10309 2 years ago

Got my game yesterday. I likely could have had one earlier but wanted a specific number #1025. Anniversary date plus I was hoping playfield and other issues would be fixed. So far so good. I do have some black washers on some posts that I havent seen prior. That does not bother me much.

After about 6-7 plays R flipper was not working great. Opened and a Coil Stop fell to the bottom. Replaced and tightened up. All of the coil stops needed a lot of tightening. I should have done that prior I guess. Plays great and cant wait to play at home after spending a lot of money playing on location.

#10574 2 years ago

Been playing on location and now have one at home.

Any adjustments that people have generally had to make?

Noticed the ball getting stuck bottom of bumpers/jets but there is a rubber on it. Never had this issue on location. Wondering if anyone had to make adjustments for this.

#10602 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I did some re-dialing in this weekend and currently loving the setup. Hereā€™s some tips:
ā€¢ bottom bumper: added a small piece of foam on the bumper skirt to prevent ball hang ups. (Sorry donā€™t have a pic at the moment).
ā€¢ Pitch: Iā€™m right above the 2nd line. Iā€™ve tried many different pitch levels. I was at the 3rd line for quite awhile but found my loop/ramp combos were off and the inner spinner though the pops never worked. Where Iā€™m at now seems like a real sweet spot. See pic below.
> hint: for playing with pitches get a couple identical hand towels and fold them different ways to add/subtract pitch levels and stick them under legs. Once you find a pitch your happy with, lock it in and remove the towels.
ā€¢ inner spinner (through the pops): thereā€™s an adjustable screw at the entrance of the inner spinner right at the JAM target. Loosen, then use your thumb / fingers on the middle of the ball guide to push in or out the guide to adjust the guide to your liking. Tighten the screw then test how consistent it makes it through the pops to the top lanes. Readjust as necessary. Keep in mind that shot is designed to go through the pops up to the lanes about 10% of the time. Iā€™ve done a lot of adjusting and happy to be at around 15-20% success now. I have not played with the 2nd half of this shot - guide rail under the ramp > there is 2 adjustable screws for that guide but they seem to be a pain to get at.
ā€¢ left loop ball guide exit. I used needle nose to ever so slightly bend the exit rail a hair so that returns would come to the flipper and not top of sling shot. May have to play with this one depending on your pitch so you can still combo the right ramp on the loop return.
ā€¢ flipper power:
> right flipper +3
> left flipper +2
> up rt flipper I think Iā€™m at 19ā€™or 20. Youā€™ll have to play with your own to your liking and consistency.
ā€¢ other misc adjustments you probably donā€™t care about but including anyway:
> increased power chord lock time from 15 secs to 20 secs
> lowered song max ball saver time from 60 to 45 secs
> lowered band member ball saver increase time from 15 secs to 10 secs.
> increased # of letters to light mystery by I think 3 or 4. I think I need to spell out GNR completely. [quoted image]

Thanks. I booked mark it for myself. Will come in handy

#10603 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I had the issue of the ball resting at the right of the bottom pop, and my fix was to adjust the switch gap on that pop (to be more sensitive) and upped the power on just that one by a little bit.
No issues since.

Thanks. That seems like a pro move that you only learn once. Makes so much sense to think of the game in that sense.

1 month later
#12180 2 years ago

70M Rocket Quenn JP last night.

Had all the black patches, fender etc. Rocket patch and had band frenzy x2 or 3. Rest of game was a bust though only got to 89 M.

So many different ways to attack with patches. Still confused why sometimes it will give me credit for 2 lights to complete the patch from upper playfield and others just one light.

1 month later
#14402 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You got it! And hereā€™s another, one Iā€™ve been using a lot lately. After fender patch, grab the poster and T-Shirt patches. That set of 2 decreases the rock meter slower allowing you to trap up more during songs and even get the encore easier. I usually go for those before Duff and Vader.
Also, I value Duff patch higher than Vader as Vader (drums) can be collected for frenzy with right ramp or pops so itā€™s easier to collect if you happen to not get the patch. Both patches are right next to each other so itā€™s easy to toggle back and forth before collecting.

I have been using this same strategy as well. I hit my GC of 172 million with a Paradise City score of 162. About a week later hit 142M with 129M on november rain. I have not been playing either of those as a first of second song. I usually only play them if I get to a third song. If going for high score. Patches are where those high scores are at, not just patches. I should say patch stacking.

1 month later
#16324 2 years ago

So how do I get on to brag about my scores?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider raiders36.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=raiders36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.