IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15107 2 years ago

I have a deposit on an LE now with my local distributor... very psyched to get my game home in the next few weeks!

Anyone know of a source for the JJP flyer for GnR LE? I frame a flyer for every new game I add to my gameroom, and it's usually easy to find them on ebay. No such luck with this one!

#15111 2 years ago

Thanks for the pointers to download the flyer image. I guess I could go to a Kinko's or somewhere and print it on their better quality printers, but every time I try to do one of those at home on my < $75 HP inkjet, it never looks as good as the factory flyers. Usually I have no problem finding these at the distributors or worst case on Ebay for $8 or 10, but this one seems to be harder to find than other games I've owned.

3 weeks later
#16142 2 years ago

Officially joined the club yesterday with LE #1613. Build date of 9/21.

Bought from Jason at Classic Game Rooms here in Atlanta, picked up in person, always a great experience!

Didn't get to play it much, but a couple of early observations:
1) The wifi code update is great! Very simple to connect to my wifi, and then I found the 1.25 update waiting. Took maybe 30 seconds to download and install.
2) I put the leg levelers all the way down on all 4 legs. Seems to play a little floaty this way, so I will accurately level it later today and maybe raise the back legs up a bit.
3) The sounds is not good at all for a music pin! Very tinny. This is straight out of the box and maybe it can be tweaked. I will be adding an external subwoofer but I think this game may be in need of the Pinwoofer solution.
4) I did raise the playfield to look for fallen parts. Didn't find any.
5) Looks like this game has all the factory washers in place, just as others have reported. I did buy the PBL kit and have it on hand if needed.
6) I seem to be getting balls stuck by the right pop bumper. It's possible that it is not working at all, or if it is, it's not very sensitive. More testing of that will be done today when I have more time.

All in all I am very pleased with this game, which makes a nice contrast to the Iron Maiden sitting next to it.

3 weeks later
#17248 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Can somebody bail me out please? Which connector does the led strip in the back box connect to? The one with blue wires above my hand or the one with yellow and black in my hand?
[quoted image]

I just took this earlier today if it helps:

CCF56707-84A9-4F72-A1AB-3B76B1D71015 (resized).jpegCCF56707-84A9-4F72-A1AB-3B76B1D71015 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#17801 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Anybody have trouble with the gate at the entrance of the left ramp popping out of it's little hole? It's happened to me twice in the 2 months I've had the game. I mean it takes 30 seconds to fix it, but it's annoying to have to slide down the glass for that.

I've had the same thing happen (on both sides) on mine maybe 5 times in the 5 or 6 weeks I've had the game. Just a minor annoyance but seems like there should be a way to permanently stop it from happening...

1 week later
#18119 2 years ago

I added a bunch of you guys in Scorbit today... challenges will come later today if I can manage to have a decent game. In the meantime, feel free to send challenges that you should expect to win to me at AJP.

#18270 2 years ago

I've had my LE for a couple months now. I was delighted that out of the box the scoop NEVER went SDTM. Now, however, after a few hundred plays, I find it going SDTM close to 50% of the time, which has amped up the frustration level. It would appear that a single washer under the mount on the left side is the recommended solution for this problem? I am just going to do that rather than to try and loosen up the top screws and move it to the left and retighten...

1 week later
#18473 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

Two quick questions:
1) Where can I order the Slash guitar mod that attaches to the level and goes over the shooter lane?
2) My GNR LE has a complete absence of bass compared to my Stern AIQ and Mandalorian pins. Is that normal? Is there an EQ or other audio setting to improve the bass response or is the alternative a Pinwoofer kit?
Thanks,
Michael

Pinwoofer kit is life changing. So disappointing that JJP chose to put an anemic sound system into this game.

Not sure where the Slash mod comes from though.

#18498 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Just blew a 56 MIL jackpot

If there is any justice in the world the next release of code for this game will keep up with the largest uncollected jackpot... it is truly a moment of reckoning when you peek up at that screen with a single ball left in play and spot a 25+ million jackpot at risk... what a rush!

#18686 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Thoughts from owners of pinstadium concert edition on your gnr's...

I've heard nothing but good things about them... and have placed a sight unseen order for them, based on other's feedback and my own past experience with lesser Pinstadiums. Problem is that they won't be available again for another month or two at least... and that's if you are willing to get onto the backorder list. He seems to be making them in small batches only after accruing a certain number of orders ahead of time.

1 week later
#18850 2 years ago

I appreciate you guys sending me Scorbit challenges in this game.

Is it just me, or does the fact that you accept a challenge means 100% of the time that my next game is going to be < 1M points? I promise you guys I am not as bad a player as I may appear to be based on my Scorbit challenge responses (though I AM pretty bad).

2 weeks later
#19432 2 years ago

Someone save me from myself… had the rubber just above the left Outlane break and I can’t remember if it goes around all 3 posts or just 2…. Seemed loose when I did it on 2 so I have it like this now:

D46497AD-20BE-4A0E-9F81-CEE2516D6E1B (resized).jpegD46497AD-20BE-4A0E-9F81-CEE2516D6E1B (resized).jpeg
#19434 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

2. Maybe this helps
[quoted image]

Cool that’s what I needed! Shocked that I actually got it right the first time…

#19441 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I yell you fu#%ing piece of s#%t when I miss the applause jackpot. Not sure if I'm aiming that at me or the game. Prob me

Lol I say that and much much more… things that would make a drunken sailor on shore leave blush… I also threaten to sell the game or throw it in the nearest dumpster at times when I have a really sucky game…. But then all is forgiven on the next game when I sink that applause jackpot shot with no time left on the clock!

1 week later
#19853 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

These blue protectors are back in stock if anyone needs some.
I keep going back and forth on if im a buyer...
https://mezelmods.com/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546328161[quoted image]

I bought the blue ones a long time ago, and didn't like them. I was lucky enough to get a clear set not long after that (had to pay for them in addition to the blue, of course).

The blue ones would be much better if they were more transparent... I think they block far too much of the light and totally change the tone of the lighted plastics.

3 weeks later
#20392 2 years ago

Anyone know what switch this self-test error is referring to? The game seems to play fine.

417259A6-DA29-4AC1-A3CF-21B9593C5AC2 (resized).jpeg417259A6-DA29-4AC1-A3CF-21B9593C5AC2 (resized).jpeg
#20398 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not entirely sure, but I think it’s one of those sensor switches. Try recalibrating and see if it goes away.

Thanks, I messed with it a while... it was the top sensor in the shooter lane (for some reason I thought it was the physical switch at the top of the lane that denies you the skill shot). I basically did nothing to it but put a ball on it a few times and suddenly it was no longer failing self-test.

I know that sometimes JJP games will flag a switch if it hasn't been activated in a certain amount of time, but my aim of the skill shot is bad enough that I know I've hit each and every one of those sensors multiple times a day, whether they were the CORRECT one or not... so I guess this will remain a mystery for now and hopefully it will stay off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.