IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18513 2 years ago

Tried to go back a couple dozen pages here to get a sense, but couldn't find much.

Has JJP meaningfully made any improvements in recent builds to mitigate some of the issues? I'm up on the preorder list for a machine next month and wanted to see what kind of situation I'll be dealing with.

Additionally, are there any tweaks or adjustments that need to be done ( washers on posts etc ) or any must have mods to make this play properly?

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#19247 2 years ago

I'll be joining the club this Friday. What is the consensus on original vs cliffy scoop protector? Is it a must to upgrade to the cliffy?

#19308 2 years ago

LE arrived today. January build and numbered in the 3100s. Setting it up after work…. Can’t wait!

#19375 2 years ago

Can someone confirm if the pinnovators external volume control works with GnR?

#19429 2 years ago

There are still 2,000 LE’s to be built and people are listing used machines for MSRP with chips on the playfield. Just crazy what the market is like right now.

#19741 2 years ago

Setup and played my Jan build LE.

A couple notes in case it hasn’t been posted. Mine has a factor Mylar around the scoop.

I had no issues with the lock bar screws/glass but immediately checked after reading here and mine were higher than I typically see so I lowered them.

I’ve already had a couple software issues.

- while my son was playing and hit the scoop to start a song we hit the action button and flippers at the same time and the game crashed and rebooted.

- I’ve finished a game and the start button was not triggering a new game for about 30-45 seconds after the game ended. I was about to reboot but it enabled soon after the at.

- after competing a song and cashing in the game stayed in an endless loop where it didn’t kick a new ball out, never did a ball search, and just sat there. I tried holding the start button down but the game didn’t clear. Had to hard power off the machine. Hasn’t happened since in a couple dozen games.

#19800 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats on #2949!!
JJP is breaking #3000 ! I wonder when they will actually take the final order for #5000
That would be a cool one to have serial 5000/ LP 5000

I got mine last week and I’m in the 3100s.

2 months later
#21309 2 years ago

Does anyone know the model # of the ATX PSU that the machine is shipping with, or can do a solid and snap a picture of it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21313 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stock jjGNR is a Corsair power supply (at least in mine), which is an upgrade from the crap Sparkle power supplies JJP used to put in their machines, but still a crapshoot because Corsair doesn't make power supplies (or anything, actually), they're a branding company that just buys from a bunch of OEMs and sticks their name on products so you don't know what you're actually getting. Quality with Corsair is all over the place as a result.
I'd pay the $20 more for at least a Seasonic Focus Gold 650 (they have larger wattage ones as well). Newegg has them for $120 shipped and the Focus 650 warranty is 7 years:
https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-650-gold-ssr-650fm-650w/p/N82E16817151202
Reviews:
(Focus gold series review)
(Specifically the 650)
https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/05/04/seasonic-focus-gm-650-650w-power-supply-review/

I need the model number as I want to check the specifications to understand the max specified load on the 5V Rail. I don't have access to my machine right now or I would get it.

#21323 2 years ago

Thanks. They really could have used a higher quality component on a 10K build......

#21325 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it was like a $30-40 power supply when it was widely available. You can still get a VS600 for retail of like $39.
But yeah, get a Seasonic Gold 650W instead.

There are plenty of PSU's with an additional 5A of 5V capacity which could be very useful for mods. The included PSU claims 20A @ 5V but I doubt it could sustain that.

#21365 2 years ago

Also recently received and installed my Hyperlytes from deejaypee last week. I have to say initially I was slightly concerned that all the extra lighting would be overwhelming, but after installing them the effect is amazing in person. It's not overly bright and provides just enough ambient lighting around the machine to enhance the light show. In my opinion for the cost it's one of the best mods you can add.

4 months later
#22852 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

COOLING FANS:
If anyone was thinking of getting a multi USB hub and using the USB port on that board near the coin door (left side) to power 5- 5v fans. It doesn't work. They all spin but won't get up to any sort of wind producing speed. FAIL.
Back to the drawing board.

I believe there is a 12v connector there and 12v fans are extremely common.

1 month later
#23136 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's only that way because they use the flipper fan harness I think. I did have flipper fade so the flipper kit was easy choice for me and many others.
If you're a DIY guy you could just find your own power tap. Maybe PinMonk will sell the just fan harness separate? Dunno if that would work but seems reasonable to sell the diverter and magnet kit with the fan harness?
If you're a serious DIY there's 3d printer files in thingverse and you can print your own fan mounts and wire them up. I know they exist for the flipper fans. Have not looked for magnet/diverter models.
Edit. Here
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4944210[quoted image]

If you go this route I would make sure not to use standard PLA as a material, considering its up against the diverter which breaks 200F.

5 months later
#25199 1 year ago

Finally had the motivation to try out the beta code. I can’t believe what a difference the equalizer makes. Putting it back on the default curve sounds muted and terrible. How did they ship the game like this?

9 months later
#27481 86 days ago

Please don’t buy caps on eBay…… get real ones from Mouser or Digikey.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.