IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3136 3 years ago

Hi all, I contacted JJP but haven’t heard back yet. I have bunch of issues with my Le that would be grateful if anyone had quick fix ideas:
1- won’t identify any WiFi despite many being available within range
2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter won’t take
3- slash spinner randomly doesn’t register (I think can tighten the middle screw under play field as it seems to not be tight and there is movement north south). Btw the right bottom and upper flippers came unscrewed within last few weeks mid game (literally just fell off dangling in cabinet so somewhat disappointed with the attention to detail- maybe comes loose on shipment idk).
4- when you hit loops/orbits- the ball hits slingshots on way back. That doesn’t feel right. I’ve leveled machine but is anyone having this issue?

Thank you!!

2 months later
#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/guns-n-roses-jjp has some very nice ones, i am leaning towards the first set for my LE.

I have there on Le they look great. “Legendary” is spot on...

#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just bought someone else's spot for an LE and I'm super excited. Haven't played the game at all yet, just watched videos but it looks amazing. My first JJP ever!
Any must-have mods for this?

Nothing a “must” have- game is just so good out of box. I’d prioritize action button guns/Roses mod and under/behind cabinet lighting. The ramp signs are not expensive but look really good.

3 months later
#9540 2 years ago

Hey all- has anyone gotten to NITL? I finally did after 7 months and I’m confused but don’t want to spoil anything publicly so maybe can PM a friendly pinsider to ask couple questions?

#9542 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Search IEpinball on YouTube and message him here or there. Karl has been there.

Thanks man

#9547 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no, for sure, but getting there for the first time blind like Karl did, pretty much anyone would be confused because it keeps changing things up and messing with flippers, using playfield features, action button, etc to advance.

Just watched the video. I get it now!

#9553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's one of the most innovative wizard modes ever, if not THE most. Love the way Keith is using the playfield features much differently throughout and keeps changing it up. Obvious a lot of thought went into it, and it seems fun and challenging.

It’s fantastic. I was really disappointed with WW’s PI. This is a massive step up from that.

3 weeks later
#10731 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Impulse buy. Just bought 2 tickets for my wife and I to GNR for the Los Angeles show! I haven’t seen GNR in nearly 30 years (crazy). I’ll be the guy wearing the GNR JJP pinball shirt haha in case anyone else is going
Slash, if you’re reading, and need some pinball competition backstage, hit me up [quoted image]

Haha I did same thing. Soon after got my LE.

3 months later
#14775 2 years ago

Apologies if this is a repeat- but I feel like the base sound all the sudden is much louder and repetitive. “Baum….Baum Bauaammm”. Almost like a sensor threshold is off (set to low). It’s a background sound during gameplay. Has anyone experienced this (or I imagining it?)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14824 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I was playing today and the game went crazy and I thought something happened to it.... luckily it was a mode called shall we play a game. Super cool start to a mode ...to bad I had no clue what was going on lol... till next time

Yeh it’s scary first time it happens. Like game is rebooting. It’s one of the album modes (chines democracy) after you compete 3 minutes of a song from that album- then start SWPAG at scoop.

1 month later
#17320 2 years ago

I thought was key post but can’t find it- can someone remind me who makes the flipper fans (to cool the coils)? Mine really lose steam fast- within 10minutes. And feel like gotten worse over time. Not sure if I should rebuild flippers too in addition to the fan/cooling thing. Lastly, are they easy enough to install or takes some skill (which I lack). Thank you!

#17326 2 years ago

Thanks I’ll get me some fans then!

#17367 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If your flippers have a mechanical problem, the Tibetan Breeze fans won't help. However, if they're working as they should, the kit will keep your flippers feeling roughly the same as when you press start the first time on a cold machine. With the cooling, how the flippers feel at the start remains consistent for as long as you want to play.
I did the fans and collected the temp data with help from Karl DeAngelo (who actually pushed me a bit in the beginning to hurry up and get a solution for GnR since I originally was going to wait for my machine), but I was unprepared for just how bad the fade is on GnR when I finally got my machine. It's very noticeable, especially with backhands and comes on way faster than I expected, even though I had made the temp graphs. Some pins I've tested are debatable, but GnR and Stranger Things are two pins that I can say are absolutely mandatory to have Tibetan Breeze kits for. The fade is just too severe, too fast.

Thanks Pinmonk- I read through your website and very clear now. It’s incredibly noticeable the fade so I think they will help. It’s a 8, 9, 10K (? Where will it end) machine so well worth making some investments to make it better! But I understand it’s not a miracle solution to fix all things flipper.

3 weeks later
#18072 2 years ago

Hi all- have had issue for long time. I posted 6900 posts ago and suggestions were to tighten screw but that doesn’t do anything. Basically my center Passover diverter into guitar lock slowly creeps to left as I am playing and machine is vibrating and being nudged (thereby diverting more than one ball to the right). The opposite doe NoT happen. Really frustrating as can’t do powechords sometimes and ball searches have to happen to release a ball sometimes. Any ideas??

I took a video but don’t know how to upload it here

#18073 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all- have had issue for long time. I posted 6900 posts ago and suggestions were to tighten screw but that doesn’t do anything. Basically my center Passover diverter into guitar lock slowly creeps to left as I am playing and machine is vibrating and being nudged (thereby diverting more than one ball to the right). The opposite doe NoT happen. Really frustrating as can’t do powechords sometimes and ball searches have to happen to release a ball sometimes. Any ideas??
I took a video but don’t know how to upload it here

Here we go

#18082 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You would have to look in the manual but if the screw doesn’t tighten I’m guessing a missing washer or ring under ? Just guessing .

Thanks all. The screw does tighten but it doesn’t solve the problem. Check and everything level everywhere. The diverter is flat (parallel to playfield). Will try the flip suggestions.

8 months later
#22575 1 year ago

Quick help if possible- I’m getting random 10 points awarded with any flip of flippers- and an annoying chime sound. How do I diagnose what is triggering when it’s not supposed to? Nothing else lights up in menu switch test when I flip (other than flipper)

Also happens when shooter lane switch activated. And couple other random times

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moat-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.