IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4033 3 years ago

I am moving and downsizing my collection. I sold off my MMr, MB, BM66LE and SWLE. Even though I am trying to downsize the G&R interests me. I have never owned a JJP game and haven't even really played too many. What are the thoughts on G&R adding to my collection? I was ok with letting the MMr and MB go because I still have AFM. Is there a long wait right now if I ordered one? I would be looking at getting them LE.

2 weeks later
#4426 3 years ago

I am thinking about getting GnR. Luckily there is one on location where I am moving this week so I will get a chance to play the game. How does sales tax work these days if I buy from someone outside my state?

5 months later
#11255 2 years ago

I was thinking about picking up G&R LE. What is the typical wait for the game?

1 week later
#11594 2 years ago

Well I think it is going to be a good rest of the week. I pick up my GnR tomorrow and Friday my corvette gets built (ordered in Nov 19). I was bummed out today because my beloved Naso Tang died. I cant believe how attached I get to fish.......

#11636 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Were you an April allocation?(corvette) I've been waiting on mine about as long as you, currently preliminary tpw of 8/2

I was March 26

#11650 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. Love the game, a blast to play. I moved at the beginning of the year and just now getting the gameroom back together.

IMG_0562 (resized).jpegIMG_0562 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0563 (resized).jpegIMG_0566 (resized).jpegIMG_0566 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpegIMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
#11653 2 years ago

Is the "Not In This Life Time" speaker set on the right hand side supposed to light up or is it just decals? Mine has that a light that shines on the playfield but the top of the speakers don't light up.

#11828 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I told JJP about the pooling on my CE and they sent me this.

Where do I buy those black washers if I don't want to go through the hassle and contact JPP? I would just rather buy the parts (if possible).

#11831 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try Ebay, USA only suppliers ?

I figured it was Pinballife or someone but was more hoping on someone pointing me to the correct size.

#12048 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wish the song patience could be permanently unlocked if you beat the song or hit certain objectives

I dont mind it as a patch but I do wish the game had knocking on heavens door and dust n bones on the playlist.

#12089 2 years ago
Quoted from websherpa:

Yes, but I will say that JJP's implementation in GnR isn't the best I've experienced. Seems weak to me, but I haven't tweaked it.

I stopped adding shakers because I thought they sometimes shake the game too violently. This is the reason I didn't add to Jurassic Park because I read they were causing screws to fall out. When I play GnR and feel the shaker it feels great, I think it is a really good implementation of the shaker.

#12123 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Yes, you have to opt into the beta in the network settings and then you can. When I briefly played it yesterday, I don't think the light show on it was completed, but the mode does actual stuff now.

I just got my game recently and haven't hooked it up to the network yet. It is on my to do list for this weekend. I hope it is easy and I can figure out how to get the beta code loaded.

#12137 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

185 song level

I am new to the game but how do you build it that high? I have been in the low 100's but not close to that (I dont think as I recently figured out song levels)

#12211 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

I have no idea. Glue does not work. I finally had use a sharpie and use real stickie tape

Mine is a little loose on one side as the glue is not grabbing the lock down bar. I better look into it as I dont want it to break. I does seem fragile if it is loose.

2 weeks later
#12813 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I agree, my GNR is a total blast. I have had only minor issues with it so far and JJP'S tech support has been great to work with. And, no play field issues at all. I think GNR is JJP'S best game so far and I have all of the other games in my collection. And, I have HAD 100% positive experiences with them too. Am I just lucky? I think not. I am not a "JJP fan boy" and I have games by others manufacturers too. But to anyone sitting on the fence because of all of the JJP naysayers, you are missing out on a really great game. Just IMHO.

I haven't had to call tech support but I agree it is a great game and glad it is part of my collection. I would buy it again in a second.

#12830 2 years ago

I got the set from Pinballife - Black washers and 3 posts. So I just put these on and I am good? So many different threads that I am not sure if it is that easy???

1 month later
#14896 2 years ago

Anyone have the JJP topper in stock? Let me know.

Thanks

#15012 2 years ago

For those who hooked up the topper - does it need a software update? I cant get mine to light up. I plugged it into the only matching connector that I could find that was on the left hand side of the backbox.

Thoughts?

Thanks

#15014 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yup. Thereā€™s a post up above about the code update is required. When you get it working, let us know if it does anything besides light up

OK - thanks

I guess it is time for me to figure out how to update the code.

#15017 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea u need to upgrade to the latest code...the topper doesn't do anything except light up (from what Ive noticed)

Yes - I was able to update the code. I think I was on a pretty old version. I will need to check out the Jersey Jack site to make sure I keep up the code updates. I keep reading on here how there hasn't been a code update in a long time so I thought they weren't happening.

On a side note, what does connecting the game to bluetooth do?

#15019 2 years ago

It only lights up, Could of been so much more but it does look good....

IMG_0744 (resized).jpegIMG_0744 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=marksf123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.