Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1851 3 years ago

So I have an SE coming in a few weeks. How is the shaker integration and is it worth adding one with current code?

1 week later
#2387 3 years ago

So I just unboxed my SE and JJP sent me the wrong power cord. I have plenty of computer power cords but want to make sure my game is wired for 120V and not 240V before I plug it in. Sticker says it's 120V and power block inside has the proper outlet so I should be good correct?

20201106_195204 (resized).jpg20201106_195204 (resized).jpg20201106_195218 (resized).jpg20201106_195218 (resized).jpg20201106_195257 (resized).jpg20201106_195257 (resized).jpg
#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yeah you should be good.

Thanks for letting me know.

#2393 3 years ago

I highly suggest checking all bolts, nuts and screws for tightness on game before playing out of box, my upper right flipper coil just fell off while playing a game. Both bolts were loose on right flipper, one of the pops had a loose nut and right backbox hinge bolt nut not fully seated. Game would reset after I put everything back together when pushing start button, did a factory reset and it's fine now.

#2396 3 years ago

Having reset issues when I press start. Game was fine until upper right flipper coil fell off while playing. I can do a factory reset and game will start but when I go to change any settings it does a reset when I hit the start button. I double checked underneath the game for anything that may have came loose, could the software have become corrupted somehow?

#2398 3 years ago

No loss in re-installing 1.07. Rewrite the drive with a full install. ENABLE the CAMERA in settings YOU MUST DO THIS or it can loop there is a bug.

Haha that must be it, I turned the camera off. Oh well I guess playing naked isn't an option .

#2400 3 years ago

Keith and the guys are on it - fixed in next update.

No problem, I'm back in action, thanks!!!

1 week later
#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can’t wait for more owners to get the game. Cashing out a huge song jackpot is probably the most satisfying thing in pinball. Just got 18.5M on Estranged.
[quoted image]

Jesus man my best is just over 10 mil for a game let alone one song lol. The album modes need to be worth more, the only one I finished so far was Chinese democracy and it gave me a measly 500k. They also need to take "start song" out of mystery or give you the option to pass on it, nothing worse than having to play a song if your boosters or locks are lacking.

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to disagree but isn’t that like every game of risk/reward skill play? You try to build up your multiplier then start the mode. IF you don’t aim your shots and start modes randomly that’s on the player. That’s all part of the overall skill that is pinball. Don’t shoot the scoop.

I'll agree with you if a song mode is actually lit. Mystery shouldn't give out an award that screws you over though, I avoid shooting the scoop now unless in a booster multiball before a song is ready.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now that I agree with. No free songs!

The way the code currently sits it's crucial you go into a song with boosters and locks and actually avoid the album modes or time them out. I know it's silly to complain about a free song but if you care about the score it will piss you off, most likely you will get booed off stage or drain with an early free song award. The album modes need increased scoring badly, so much risk with single ball play and lucky to get 500k while you can blow up a song for 18 mil.

#2770 3 years ago

So maybe JJP can chime in on this because it's not clear on the rules flow chart. What specifically does each booster mode meter increase scoring on? Say for example the pyro booster mode wants switch hits to build the meter, does this mean that all switch hits in the song mode are boosted?

#2802 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

I just updated code and had a weird glitch where the screen went full solid color and I lost all animations etc. seemed to glitch right as I was starting a song at the center scoop. anyone else encounter this? i turned it off and back on and all was good again.

Updated to 1.08 and was having a killer game then both monitors went black, power reset and all good again. Looks like some kind of bug and not isolated to your game.

#2805 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Were you in a song? Which one?

It was Chinese democracy.

#2815 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Asking as I don't remember if thats the song. Isn't that the song that you earn the special mod where this is designed to happen?? IE game lights go off, monitor goes out and it appears to be doing a computer crash simulation which is then followed by an Awesome mod I won't ruin for everyone. Or is this an actual reboot lol.

Your talking about the album mode, shouldn't do that during the song. The screens stayed black after I cashed out the song.

#2816 3 years ago

So when you're in pyro booster mutliball other animations will cover the fuse animation when you're trying to time the explosion.

#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Settings - Game - scroll way down.
LTG : )

Do we report bugs in this forum or somewhere else? Want to make sure JJP is aware about the screens going blank or a solid color when playing the song "Chinese democracy". Also animations will block being able to see pyro fuse sometimes.

#2902 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe send a PM to pinball_keefer
LTG : )

okay thanks.

#2923 3 years ago

Does anyone know when the top lanes magnet is supposed to grab the ball? I've had games where it's always grabbing it and ones where it doesn't.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Thanks for the quick reply yelobird. There were some SE shipped out, I have heard. But for those who did not get one, when will more SE be available? I am just wondering how long it would be for me to find a NIB SE.

Probably spring 2021, they have to make all the CE's and do another run of LE's first.

#2970 3 years ago

Would most like to see increased scoring in the mini wizard album modes? They are all single ball play and not much incentive to finish when 500k-1 mil is the payoff and a song jackpot can triple or quadruple that with muliball to boot.

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Biggest loser so far: Lost a 40M song jackpot on November Rain. Ugh.

Quoted from Raiders36:

That beats mine. My top score has been like 9.5M, happened early before I knew what I was trying for. Since then have lost many jackpots at 16-22M, never that big though. Local here put up 100M with one song netting 76M

It just baffles me why the designer intended for the scoring to be so lopsided to playing the songs. When I get to an album mode or Slash's solo I just time them out to get back to the songs, no point to risk draining for a measly 500k-1mil reward when you have these insane song scores. With the code being at 1.08, I doubt this changes.

#3013 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You can build the album mode value just like you build song value. You can choose to not play the album mode when it is lit by holding the action button. If you just start the album mode right away the value is going to be pretty low generally. I do agree that Slash Solo and Tour Multiball need to be more valuable.

Thanks for letting me know, I had no clue I could do that.

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am ok with the song jackpot scoring. In order to build up a huge song jackpot, it takes a LOT of work before you even start the song. You need to not only max out the 4 booster multiballs, you need to get lots of jackpots during them. You also need to lock 6 balls. Then you need to execute the song properly by quickly progressing though each stage of the song mode. The huge ones are rare and don't grow on trees. It takes skill for sure, but the stars must also align. More realistically you are going to get 1-3M on a song jackpot during an average game.

I'm fine with the scoring on the songs if the scoring in the album modes is equally matched somewhat. A lot of that building up the songs for big scores is multiball to where the album modes is single ball play with less scoring potential currently. If I play enough song time to enter an album mode, at least give me what a decent song jackpot is to make it worth my while. I like that the album modes are single ball play because it gives you a break from getting multiball fatigue.

#3072 3 years ago

So per the flowchart, you earn an extra ball by getting a concert & t-shirt patch combo. I see the t-shirt patch but don't see a concert patch, anyone figure this out yet?

#3138 3 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

2- tried everything under sun to do usb update for new code, followed instructions to a letter won’t take

Download and use rufus instead of unetbootin, had a hobbit awhile ago that would only update with using rufus.

#3142 3 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Just did a code update, played a couple games and suddenly the main LCD is gone dark. Checked connections on screen, no dice.
Any suggestions ltg ? (LE version)

Happened to a couple of us during song "Chinese Democracy". Do you know if you were in that song? If you power cycle game is your screen back on?

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Don’t shoot the scoop until you want to start a song.

Well if you want to collect the mystery award and not start a song prematurely then what do you do? Giving players an option to pass is not going to hurt the game especially when you can pass on the album modes already.

#3387 3 years ago

Now that more people own the game, voice your opinion on not being able to pass on a song if you hit the scoop unintentionally or are awarded a song through mystery. Also what do you think of the album mode scoring and if it needs to be increased at all to somewhat match the song scoring.

#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

22 Songs including Patience actually.
Others:
4 Album modes (all single ball)
Slash Solo
Tour Mutiball
On the Road (loops hurry up)
Light the Flames (Pyro) Multiball
Throw the Lights (Lights) MB
Make Some Noise (Crowd) MB
Turn it Up (Amps) MB
Not in this Lifetime Wizard

There is the coma mode/multiball also.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What kind of song jackpots are you guys building up to? I’m usually 2-3 mil with occasional 5-6. And is there a way to tell what you’re song level is built to prior to starting a song?
This game is pretty epic, riding a last game of the night high as I type this

Max out all your booster multiball meters and lock all balls before a song start, use patch combinations to increase certain song scoring. With this you can get 10-20 million or even higher, no one has explained what the individual booster meters increase scoring on exactly. No point in playing the album modes because scoring piddles in comparison to the songs unless you want to just progress through the game, all of them are easy to time out except for tear down the wall.

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

when you say max out you mean just hit all the jackpots during the booster multiball right? You don't increase song scores simply by starting the MBs do you?

Each booster/mode has a meter on main display that will show progress and when maxed out, don't think you get much increased scoring if you don't fill up the meter hardly at all even if you start multiball.

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to cancel slash solo?

Just start it then trap the ball and let it time out. I know why you're asking this, would be nice to have it worth playing instead of risking a drain for peanuts.

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has anyone ever been booed off the stage? Seems like the song meter thing is way too easy to max out

Yes but it's usually when the scoop starts a song before you're ready. I avoid the Coma and Civil War songs because they are the most difficult shot wise for me.

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

Is the rubber on your flippers falling apart?
Where do I get replacements and is there a different kind I should get? I've had my Iron Maiden since April and they still look new. I've had the GNR for 10 days, home use only. Also, where do I buy the clear-ish white rubber pieces. I noted one was missing but the machine only came with the larger size. You can see that I put it on the pin on the right side of the picture, but it is too big.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everybody got crappy flipper rubbers so you're not alone. Many like the Titan silicone pinball rubbers and here is a link.

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So you have to unlock patience? Are there other songs you have to unlock? Once unlocked is it only available for that single game or forever unlocked like end of line on Metallica?

Only song you have to unlock and it's just for a single game.

#4039 3 years ago

So got to wizard mode, hit about 8-10 shots and then it timed out. Guess what my score for the wizard mode was.

#4041 3 years ago

Some strategy for those that focus on finishing the game. The only album mode you cannot time out is "tear down the wall" so leave it for last and bring the use your illusion II patch into it.

#4043 3 years ago

Close haha. 230,000 big ones.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The not in this lifetime wizard mode? I didn’t even know it was coded in yet haha. The deeper modes in the game definitely need some fluff and polish from choreography to rules to sounds to scoring.

It's called something different when you get there. Maybe it's just a placeholder until the real one is programed.

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Is there a way to cancel the desert, wall, and carnage modes? I realize you need them to get to wizard mode. They just seem anticlimatic after playing a couple of badass songs. I've just been cradling up and letting them time out.

Hold down the lockbar button to skip the album modes.

1 year later
#23075 1 year ago

Great news about the code update, will be looking to pick up an LE if the modes are worth playing and scoring is more balanced.

1 month later
#23633 1 year ago

Has JJP come out and said the intent of the beta code? Would like to own one again if they are serious about making the modes worth playing with balanced scoring opposed to just going after song jackpots.

1 year later
#26987 3 months ago

Back in the club, had a standard before and the LE I got back is well worth the upgrade. Came with coil fans installed thank god, such a relief to turn up the flipper power and not worry about fade. I just can't believe it took JJP until recently to get their flippers up to par.

20231211_145551 (1) (resized).jpg20231211_145551 (1) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.