IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19636 2 years ago

hi guys, i just recently placed my order the other day for a GnR LE, pretty excited!! my question is for those that have the game already, would these mini guitars from axe heaven be proper scale for a PF mod? or would they be way to big?

https://store.axeheaven.com/products/slash-gibson-les-paul-standard-november-burst-1-4-scale-mini-guitar-model-presale-limited-quantity

would the ornament size be better?

https://store.axeheaven.com/collections/ornaments

they have awesome drum kits too.

#19638 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Way too big to put in the game in my opinion , but could look very nice on top or around the game .

they have smaller ones also i just added to my post a link

1 week later
#19930 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is dangerous if the blue loctite gets on the record platter as it weakens or melts plastic and could contribute to your record platform breaking over time.
JJP put blue loctite on the screw on the end of the action button on mine (WHY? I have no idea) and the button plastic shaft is already cracked. They apparently don't know it says right on the loctite packaging not to get it on plastic. Another thing I need to get fixed under warranty. The new plastic button will not be assembled with loctite on the screw.

when i was younger i was into R/C cars and had a tamaiya clod buster, it would constantly have things getting loose. i thought i would be smart one day and put lock tight on everything , and any place a screw had locktight into plastic, the plastic degraded so bad , i bet eggshells were stronger.

#20015 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Damn. I pulled about 8ā€ of wire out of the loops w no luck.
Also still cant get the molex disconnected.
Fml
This is an open connector attached to the monitorā€¦ but not the right size.
[quoted image]

maybe this connector?

gnr pic (resized).pnggnr pic (resized).png
3 weeks later
#20527 2 years ago
roller (resized).pngroller (resized).png
#20529 2 years ago

deleted **

1 month later
#21333 2 years ago

my game arrived yesterday, #3672 LE, ( 2 months from deposit day) not much really to tweak out of the box! shooter rod was off center ( of the ball ) about 3/16 and left spotlight was goofy, i had to reseat the connector in the controller board. i may pull the throw rods off the spotlights and make new ones. in servo position test, the servo will have some "buzz" at the end of the throw, and they dont like that, i think that is caused from "X" axis pressure on a "Y" axis function(i have boxes of competition RC car stuff to choose from) We really enjoy this game! my kids love the ease of the modes, my son had mentioned after two balls how much easier the rule set is VS WOZ ( he hates SWOTR ballsave) and there is just to much going on mode wise with TH. the first thing we did was turn on ALL the explicit modes, wi-fi connect to Starlink and adjust the ball save timer from 6-10sec. I really expected this not to be as heavy as WOZ or TH but man was i wrong! i feel like i was dead lifting a mini cooper today

#21334 2 years ago

are the hexagon stage lights hard to remove? i have a ton of aluminum tig rod and want to make my own rigging mod from aluminum.

1 week later
#21436 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I noticed sticky junk around the center of my playfield.. theory is the balls would catch a little bit of the gummy edge going around the orbit and deposit it around the play field.
Had to use some extra elbow grease to get it off.
Maybe yours isn't hanging that low But if you notice that dirty sticky residue gunk on your playfield while you're cleaning it, that's probably where it came from

mine are peeling out of the box also. gonna try and find clear heat shrink tube and see if that works.

#21454 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ball from scoop was center drainingā€¦ added 1 washer to each of the two left screws. Hits the tip of the left flipper.
Should i add another washer to each screw to get it to shoot more left?
I have tried multiple power adjustments to that coilā€¦ doesnt help.

i did all this stuff also , and it still didnt work consistently on my machine, i put painters tape on the scoop and used little crescent wrench to twist the scoop just a tiny bit ( looking at it from the front, twist clockwise, right side a touch downward and left a touch upward) and it hits center left flipper every time. gentle tweaks!! just a touch and test it! and easy on the pressure as you twist if you go this route.

5 months later
#23010 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

Anyone know where to get the disc decals from and available or delivery available to Canada? Disc loosened off need too loctite the nut or screw under the disc I think to stop from backing off, first time noticed it loose and wobbly
Thanks

i opened a ticket and ordered direct from JJP. they replied in minutes .

#23018 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

How long did it last? ( LastCall420 ls1chris )
Thinking it might be a good idea to just grab a spare.

mine is good still, other issues ( bad switch on ramp behind slash hat, one of the NITL speakers was ruined from shipping) i want a set so i dont have to try to find them 10 years from now and they are unobtainium.

#23019 1 year ago
Quoted from LastCall420:

I did the same, and asked if they could do a Goonies pinball next lol dream game for me

get him to the greek for me.

1 week later
#23168 1 year ago

mylar on my drum sticks is starting to peel, what have you guys done to keep this stuck on? are they hard to remove?

1 week later
#23338 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I remember less than a year ago I got my gnr, first pin. Ah memories. There were times in the beginning I thought that too but then <insert mod> happened. My fingers uncrossed.

I'm partial to the Gnr art blades that match the cabinet and they come with the protectors. https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-pinblades%C2%AE-for-limited-edition-1
[quoted image]

whats going on with the powder coating on your armor? ( rails, guides, whatever they are called)

1 week later
#23475 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

NOTE: Update: See edit below.
Here's the original post I listed about the kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/467#post-7213900
You can get servos, from Ali Express in China... 4 for about 50 and change
Link here: https://aliexpress.us/item/3256802844813856.html
Use this Upgraded Spotlght Kit when they fail, it's way more robust than JJP stock.
No matter what fails first (either the flimsy stock assembly breaks or a JJP stock servo fails, or both) you should treat it as one job and replace the entire spotlight assembly and install new emax servos. I havent seen any reports/posts of PU-Parts Upgrade kit breaking, nor have I seen any post of Emax servos failing (yet)

PM me if you want to get on the reserved list.

EDIT: I am out of them this run. but I HAVE ORDERED MORE DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND.

I ran through this batch or assembly kits only quite fast so I will order some more BUT also this is new for this coming run, I will order servos also to offer these as a full kit since eskaybee wanted the both assembly upgrade kit PLUS four servos as a single bundle, and I think this makes sense.
Probably 10-14 days before the assemblies come in, and hopefully the same time frame for servos.
PM me if you want to reserve a spot for the next group buy run, which is the new bundle of Spotlight assembly + 4 emax 3054 servos!

total price will be $160 which will cover all shipping and handling collection of both from Germany AND China to me, then I ship USPS to you (USA only).
You will get PU-parts.com Spotlight assembly kit plus 4 EMAX servos!
I can do paypal or venmo, let me know your preference.
I will keep you informed, and you should have to you by the end of November in my estimation.
PM me now to reserve a spot for this new run of PU Parts assembly kit PLUS 4 Emax servos when they come in.
Spotlight Assembly install instructions are here:
https://pu-parts.com/mediafiles/pdf/pu-gnr-jjp-spotlight-upgrade-kit.pdf
[quoted image]

If you decide to ship to Canada I would like a set , is not hard if you ship via USPS , just ask for a customs declaration form , fill out shipper/receiver and declared value and stick it on the box . Once it clears customs it goes off to Canada post and we pay canada post customs and taxes owed when we pick up .

#23508 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

So tempted to delete the above post so as to conceal my mechanical ineptitude but I GOT IT! This took several hours longer than necessary but hey I'm learning!
Stand by to see if the whole thing actually worked...
Update - got everything put back together and tested successfully! Time well spent .
Only issue now is that since the playfield went vertical, I haven't been able to get the lockbar to latch into place after I got the glass back on. From underneath, it appears that the bar isn't pressing down far enough for the tabs to slide into place. I've tried playing with the brass screws, as well as a healthy amount of force on the lockbar lever, but nothing's working. Is it possible that I messed something up while I had the playfield up?

on mine i have to pull the lever for the lock bar towards the front of the machine or it wont lock in, my wizard of oz and my hobbit are the same way, my toy story is not.

2 weeks later
#23647 1 year ago

Mr brownstone lights show on jukebox mode with beta is crazy good!!!

#23670 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Has anybody tried the PinStadium Concert version for GnR?
I got a set in a trade. That version will work in GnR or TS4? havenā€™t installed it yet.
Curious if itā€™s ā€œtoo muchā€ when combined with the built in lights.

i think it would be too much! i wonder if it would work with hobbit, my TS4 doesnt feel like it needs more either.

#23712 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

This was interesting.
Look who started following Elton John on Twitter.
[quoted image]

this will be a hard pass for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23743 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Blue Loctite WILL take care of the screw on top, but if you do that route, be VERY CAREFUL not to get any on the record because blue loctite weakens or melts plastic and you could end up in worse shape after it has a little time to work its magic and make the record plastic brittle around the middle. Little dab'll do ya.

CORRECT!! when i was a kid with a paper route i saved and bought a tamayi "clod buster" was a lot of $$$ for a 13-14 year old kid. i put locktight on everything and within 5 minutes of my first time running it , anyplace locktight touched plastic it shattered. i was devastated. luckily we went back to the hobby shop and they had tons of replacement plastic frames, the guy there said it happens all the time.

#23744 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can't wait for Candle in the Wind multiball

and the "english rose" skill shot

#23745 1 year ago

after three months i finally figured out how to scroll and earn patches, i really need to watch my kid play sometime so i can learn the ropes

#23778 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I did not need new clamps. That's only if you strip the nut and it can't be held tight. I will say in jjp machines it is a little difficult to replace the bushings as you need to take off the whole flipper plate because there are three very small nuts on the top of the plate. I did not bother with the upper playfield flipper.
The difference is amazing though.
First game I played I had over 100 million on ball 1.
I feel like the flippers just listen to me.
And they're dead sexy. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yea , those are pretty cool, have a link ?

#23814 1 year ago

you guys on Beta, when you drain a ball, does the score tally get really laggy like the game is going to crash?

#23817 1 year ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Ugh, this is the most beautiful, fun and extremely frustrating pinball game ever. I regularly lose 10mil bonuses because I get nervous and canā€™t hit the scoop when I need to. I get so freakin mad and then I hit the start button again. I canā€™t get enough of it, then I get so pissed I want to throw it out the window and then I sign up for more pain and misery. I love this game.

what patches are you staking to get those kind of bonuses?

2 weeks later
#23908 1 year ago
Quoted from NoExcuses:

Received GNR LE a couple weeks ago and played quite a few times before leveling and setting proper angle.
Wellā€¦prior to the set up the play was great and specifically the center shot came out and was able to continue play but now after setting it up ā€œcorrectlyā€ it will drain SDTM 90% of the time and totally ruins the game and play.
I looked at quite a few pins before deciding on GNR and was apprehensive after reading all the negative comments but loved the look and decided to take the chance.
Other than this drain issue I love the pin and had no issues with the game or play and still feel itā€™s one of the best looking pins out there.
What are the options to fix this please?
TIA
JP

i tried washers, and turning the scoop and none of that consistently worked for me. i used pliers and added some twist to my scoop and works perfectly every time now. i aimed it so it just reaches the tip of the flipper so if you are not paying attention it will drain. i didnt want it hitting the middle of the flipper.

#23966 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

This solved it for me too...Was driving me crazy, now I'm playing this pin all the time...Super addictive!!

same here !! i just figured out how to scroll through the patches, and got encore once also, i have yet to complete one of the cool vid modes after you finish a song. i really like the "want to play a game" and would like to see that through to the end, but i get panicky and fugging drain halfway through.

#24021 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

That is so cool. But I thought it moved around more random when I saw it. Kinda up and down and moved all over, not just a back n forth swing. Of course, this was my 1st time seeing GnR and I was overwhelmed with everything, that I probably just didn't remember it exactly. Still super cool though and a genius addition. I love it.
Thanks brother for the link to the vid.

Thatā€™s when the announcer says ā€œ you wanted the best, well you got guns and rosesā€ there is 3 or 4 different lines the announcer uses during the intro light show

#24037 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Per Vespula's super high recommendation, I ordered the Hyperlytes. Also ordered the flipper toppers and coin door shadow box from the Mod Couple.

when you get it set up, play it as is for a while, THEN opt into beta, some of the beta light shows are nuts!

#24065 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You guys got me questioning this. I gotta go check mine today now lol.

checked mine just now. during the start up boot sequence i can see mine testing in the reflection of the record.

#24072 1 year ago
Quoted from NoExcuses:

Thanks everyone for the info on Slashā€™s hat
After further inspection, mine does have a single LED under the hat, single LED for 4 wires?
Guess I am surprised the hat doesnā€™t do something exciting, spin, move or something as it is such a front and center element of the game.
I am thinking a much brighter bulb or bulbs to really light up the record when it spins would be cool.
Thanks again for the responses, great to have a forum with this many knowledgeable and helpful members!
PS
I think I am officially addicted to this game!
J.P.

Is an rgbw those can create millions of different colours thatā€™s why 4 wires

#24075 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah, it's RGB? Of course it is! Maybe it's white in the SE.
I assumed it was white only.

Watch it during boot up in the record reflection , mine went white,blue , red, green during boot up

#24087 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

OK, but what if you can't solder?
I'm only semi-kidding. Is there a way to fix this issue for a little bit more money without having to solder anything? I've never done it before (first time pin owner here), and if there's an easier fix that costs $20 or so more, I'd take it to get my magnet working again. But if the alternative is hundreds of dollars more, different story...

i guess you could crimp it, i had to swap out some thermal switches on some warmer plates and they came with little crimp rings as solder temp was to high and would cook the new switches.

#24098 1 year ago
Quoted from Kalipin:

Right ramp/speaker diverter to right top flipper: does anyone know how often it is supposed to activate ? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen mine divert a single ball in over a hundred games.

I have only seen it happen a couple times during song modes

1 week later
#24149 1 year ago
Quoted from alpha70:

So many reliability problems...
But where is the YouTube star and the code updates

move on troll, this is an owners thread , plenty of asshole threads for you to post in.

#24150 1 year ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Hello. Iā€™m a new owner of an LE (finally), and Iā€™m trying to repair spotlights that werenā€™t working when I bought it. I obtained replacement housing, arms and servos. I installed everything but Iā€™m getting only slight movements up/down and left/right. I hear the servos working upon testing. I noticed the kits they sell online come with small rubber rings that you heat shrink over the metal gear of the servo. I donā€™t have these and Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s causing them to spin and not catch. Anyone know how to fix or another remedy?

mine was the same also. reseat the servo connector in the PF controller . page 162 , upper middle "servo" plug. follow all the blue cat5 led cables , they all plug into it. ( ethernet cables) https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_May2021.pdf

2 months later
#25249 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhislop3:

Have the same 3 JJP pins (GNR, TH and WOZ) all set up next to each other. My left GNR spot light arm broke early on and recently was replaced by JJP thru warranty process. Now it appears both of the spot light servos are dead as neither of the two are working properly in the test function. The right does fine but the two servos that operate the left spot light are not. I've switched them around but no luck. My question is where did you order or purchase your new servos from? I see JJP has them but the ones advertised are white and the stock are black. TIA for the help.

Vespa puts together a kit for them , I think he has two or three sets left he is active on this thread

#25260 1 year ago
Quoted from Rivsta:

Has anyone else got the Freddieā€™s mix colour plastic protectors for their game ā€¦ definitely worth it.
Honestly the pic doesnā€™t do it any justice, they really change the whole atmosphere of the
gameā€¦..
Also Just wondering has any changed the top ā€œbackstageā€ plastic, to one thats completely clear,
Without ā€œbackstageā€ written on it., as I donā€™t want to wreck the original oneā€¦.
For me I find it annoying as it blocks your view..[quoted image][quoted image]

have a link for these?

2 months later
#25707 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Jjp have informed me that I have to do a full install of the 1.25 ISO and accept the " factory reset " option that pops up during the full install to get the machine back to 1.25.
Could you please tell me where I would get the instructions on how to do this? JJP website? What di I need to complete the exercise?

i bricked my TS4 the same way, if it gives you the "press both flippers to confirm full update" you have to do it or it reverts to that emergency mode screen you posted after the update.

#25751 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This screen has a time out. I was working while I was updating and did not see it. The screen timed out and game went into emergency mode. Were your instructions the same? do a full install of the 1.25 ISO and accept the " factory reset " option that pops up during the full install to get the machine back to 1.25?

It was on my toy story , I had to dl a full install to USB and plug it directly into a port on the computer , power on , wait for the download screen to give the press the flippers option and all was good again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ls1chris.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=ls1chris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.