IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpgnr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3145 3 years ago

I should be getting mine in 2 weeks! Can’t wait

#3183 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to play the Wizard Mode yet? Any details you would be willing to share if you have gotten that far? Thanks!

1 week later
#3697 3 years ago

I get mine tomorrow ... can’t wait!!!

#3729 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with their LCD monitor? Mine is noticeably dimmer in the left corner Not happy about this . . .

#3836 3 years ago

Has the jukebox mode been activated? If so, how do you use it?

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

Thank you!

#3840 3 years ago

I keep getting an error report for switch #47 (left ramp made). It seems that the diverter on the left ramp that blocks the ball from the upper play field which sends it back down the catwalk ramp is always down. Does anyone else have this problem?

#3846 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

Ok, I’ll have to look into that. Thanks.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

Thanks for the tip! I lifted the playfield and found the jam plate and two bolts from the diverter sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. I reinstalled it, but the diverter only goes up when I open the coin door, and then it goes back down as soon as I hit the left ramp, never to go back up until I open the coin door again. Any thoughts?

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is a diverter test in the menu. Use that to test. Make sure the game didn’t disable it Neisse it thought it was broken.

The diverter test on the left ramp isn’t working. It won’t respond to the test . . . It just sits there. Do you know how to enable it, if the game thought it was broken?

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’d call Barry @JJP on this in the morning. They should be able to talk you through what is wrong.

Ok, thanks. Can you pm me his number?

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No PM needed.
(630) 830-5225

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from Headwires:

What are your thoughts on the way the headphones sound on this machine. I may be having an issue with just mine. The volume is very low even when turned all the way up using either wired or Bluetooth. And the sound is terrible. Anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions on fixes. I don’t have this issue with any of my other JJP games. All sound great with headphones. Thanks for any help given.

I’ve had zero issues with my headphones. They sound awesome plugged directly in, and it can get seriously loud.

1 week later
#5029 3 years ago

Any tips on how to keep the ball from going SDTM from the plunger? That is the most annoying thing for me at the moment.

#5031 3 years ago

What pitch do you have it set at? My game is level horizontally, and I have it 6.5 degrees vertically (2nd line on the level meter, per the instructions).

#5033 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try adjusting the gate that deflects it into play. The nut on the right is on a guide and easily adjustable. I brought mine down a bit so it is more perpendicular to the lane to help slow down the pace of the ball and that seemed to help. I may need to play a little bit more with it as I still get it every once in awhile. [quoted image]

I’ll try that. Thanks!

1 month later
#6532 3 years ago

So, my left flipper was sticking, and I opened up my machine to find a wire just hanging there. Could some please let me know where this is supposed to attach? Thank you very much!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing to do with your flipper sticking. That would be something to do if something wasn't working. Like flipping up.
It isn't used. See my picture. Mine is tied off. Yours is just covered. Tie it to the wire bundle if you like. Don't hook it to anything. It's just an extra unused wire.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thank you! That is a relief! Any idea, then, why my left flipper gets stuck in the up position for a few seconds on a regular basis? What should I look for, if you have any idea? I could use any help that I can get ...

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read your post in the other thread.
I suggested loose coil stop and someone posted Butch's video on flipper basics.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help from you and vireland

#6778 3 years ago

I had zero issues downloading and installing 1.17 via WIFI, for whatever that is worth.

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Go back in and see if it actually downloaded. It appears to download but, once done, go back into Download Update and, more then likely, you'll see 1.17 ready for update.

Mine just says that I have 1.17. No update available. I guess I just lucked out for some reason.

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So weird, mine updated to 1.17 immediately, was by far the fastest update I have seen of any of them, was done in like 1 minute tops. No issues.
I did it like within the hour as I happened to see the notice of it going live, maybe something happened after that to the source

This was my experience as well. No problems at all!

1 month later
#8627 2 years ago

Anyone having issues with the decals on the side of the machine coming off or wrinkling? The decal on my right side is starting to wrinkle near the flipper button, which sucks

5CFD8635-46F2-49EB-AB57-0BD4EA1217CF (resized).jpeg5CFD8635-46F2-49EB-AB57-0BD4EA1217CF (resized).jpeg
#8638 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

is that a protective wrap on the actual decal?

No The decal itself is coming unstuck on the right side, all over the place, but primarily near the flipper button. I guess I am the only lucky person this is happening to.

#8642 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I had this happen, granted it wasn't as dramatic as yours looks but here's what I did:
I'm calling this the Guitar Pick Fix
1. Lift the playfield fully
2. Unscrew the nut retainer screw for the flipper button
3. Using a pair of needlenose, unscrew the nut holding the flipper button and keep it from rotating in your hand
4. Using a hairdryer, apply moderate heat for a couple minutes at about 8 to 10 inches, not too hot, still able to touch the decal without burning your finger...we only want to soften things up to make them pliable.
5. Now using a Guitar Pick (I just happen to have my favorite 1.14mm dunlop lying nearby - and it is just the right abount of stiffness while allowing some flex to apply pressure) - using the FLAT part of the Pic (or any hard plastic with a little flex ) DO NOT USE THE EDGE, you don't want to scrape or tear things ...press and move the bubble towards the hole, working slowly and applying smooth steady pressure...don't rub back and forth or DIG IN with the pic, we're trying to move the wrinkle to the hole.
6. Apply more heat as needed and keep working it...allow it to cool and check your work...reapply heat and pressure if necessary
7. Re-insert flipper button and hold it firm while you reattach the nut. You don't want any rotation or twisting motion on the button, it doesn't have to be super tight, only snug
8. Rescrew in nut retainer screw, not too tight, don't strip the wood
9. After, apply a thin coat of Carnuba (Blitz) wax to the area, let dry and lightly wipe clear.
Hope this helps.
I don't have a before pic as I was too excited when my game arrived but, this was one of the first things I did...here is the after pic for what it's worth...Not 100% perfect but pretty close.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you VERY much! You happen to use my favorite guitar pick as well, so this solution is right up my alley I really appreciate the time you took to write up this answer. Now I have a project to work on. Glad there is a solution here!

Thanks again!

#8742 2 years ago

I got a switch test result with 3 bad switches, but I can’t find them. Could someone please help me out or point me in the right direction? Thank you

7B2CE14A-6983-4CC1-B84F-E834917AD61C (resized).jpeg7B2CE14A-6983-4CC1-B84F-E834917AD61C (resized).jpeg
#8746 2 years ago

Thanks for the fast response. This is beyond my knowledge at this point. It sucks not knowing anything about pinball machines and owning one . . .

#8747 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Circled in yellow in this picture.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I see no issues with my switches when I lift the play field.

#8752 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like they are all on the same connector - first thing I'd do is check in the backbox and make sure that connector J601 is well seated.

Thanks. I reseated the connector, and the bad switches still come up.

#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No black wire hanging loose by any of them ? Especially the upper playfield one ?
Then check connector J601-1 to be sure it is plugged onto the I/O board in the backbox. That is the longest board back there with all the fuses on it.

None. No loose black wire on any of them. Do you have any other thoughts or possibilities? I really appreciate your help!

#8756 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This. I've learned so many useful things from Lloyd The Great.

I was wondering what “LTG” stood for

#8757 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

While switch test mode is on the screen, if you manually close the switch with your finger, does it trigger on screen?

It does not.

#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Excellent.
You've already grown some in your pinball experience.
In the future this may at least help things seem less intimidating if they pop up.

Agreed. The best way of learning is by doing . . . Although I don’t want to further break my expensive game, if it can be avoided

#8763 2 years ago

Should this wire be connected? I wonder if this is the culprit . . .

CF67E502-A2EB-4C7F-B22C-D30EEC7E161B (resized).jpegCF67E502-A2EB-4C7F-B22C-D30EEC7E161B (resized).jpeg
#8766 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This one circled in red ? Please let me know which flipper it is by and I'll let you know.
[quoted image]

No, it is right above it. There are two black wires above your circle, and the upper one is not attached. This is for the upper flipper.

#8770 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll get you a picture shortly. It probably is your issue. I just want to be sure where it goes.

Thank you very much. The community support for this game has been incredible. Thank you to everyone here on Pinside!

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not sure if you can see it good. Two black wires to the top lug of the EOS switch.
LTG : )[quoted image]

That’s it! I have one wire just floating there. I just have to solder back onto the top lug to fix it, correct? That should take care of the bad switch tests?

#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely looks like a wire broke off where the green arrow is pointing.
[quoted image]

Yes! That wire is definitely not attached.

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Yes. They will clear during game play or if you check them in tests after you solder the wire on.

Excellent! I am going to call my father-in-law, who is an expert at soldering, to take this across the finish line. We’ll make sure the game is off

Thanks again so much for all of your help!

(On a side note, I have family in Eagan, not too far from you

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I second that, Lloyd you’re Awsome !To Ipgnr, I was there last year just get loose n dive in .When you breakthrough it’s life changing .Remember theres nothing you can do that cannot be undone .

Yeah, I am really learning a lot. I appreciate the words of support!

#8783 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the benefit of closeup, color correction, and shadow reduction, I think it's just a spiral in the wire you circled. I thought it was solder initially, too.
This is in the upper playfield flipper, right? That's why it was the first and last working EOS in the chain.

Yes, upper playfield flipper, and it was a spiral (not the best picture). That is good to know.

2 months later
#12047 2 years ago

New beta posted with completed Desert Demolition mode. Can’t wait to try it out!

#12068 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Dang I'm getting the screen. Hope it's just temporary. Will try again tomorrow.
[quoted image]

I had the exact same problem. Downloaded it twice, but it wouldn’t install either time. I hope they fix it ASAP.

1 year later
#22244 1 year ago

Did anyone’s high score pictures disappear? I can’t access mine anymore. All the scores are there, but I can’t see the pictures, even when hitting the flipper buttons to rotate through everything

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpgnr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=lpgnr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.