IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5291 3 years ago

Anyone know the wait time for SE's?

1 month later
#6565 3 years ago

Just got my SE yesterday. Game is awesome so far. Can someone help explain the Song modes?

It just seems I always have 6 balls going and ball saver, sometime the ball saver is off but balls keep coming out?

#6593 3 years ago

Game is for sure bugged with new code, Standard Edition. Last ball, in a song mode, Welcome to the Jungle single ball. Ball drains, kick another ball flippers die and game over. Has done other weird things like auto launching my next ball if I dont finish a song as well.

Any way to go back to old code?

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure. Go back to the last full install ISO version and install that, then do the delta upgrades to get to the one before the bad one.

Link for this? JJP only has the new versions.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i think the full install will wipe all your settings and scores. Hopefully they fix the code quickly so we can play our games and not have to do a full reinstall. I'm sure they are on it.

Not to worried about my scores getting wiped I just got the game 2 days ago, I would rather have the game play as it should. Would be nice to get an update.

#6643 3 years ago

Why is it so hard for JJP to take done the bad code and replace with the old stable code? I find it bad business to keep having users download a bad code.

Not happy one bit with my first JJP NIB machine. 2 days in and its basically unplayable.

And now on top of bad code, I have a LED driver board with lights stuck on. Ugghhh

Also my flipper bats looks like the came straight out of the trash and put on my machine.

All this for an extra $1000? Way to go JJP!!!

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Here's a soft launch of 1.17. it should fix the current problems.
I didn't do a very good job of setting the expectation of balls draining after a song now, nor was it done in the best way. If there are still issues with this release, please post here or email keith at jjp.
https://we.tl/t-TgiwMDDnnB
Will probably release for real on Monday.

Nice thanks, gonna give this a go this evening.

I'm new to JJP code updates, does one code work for SE/LE/CE?

#6727 3 years ago

Installed the 1.17 Code today on my SE. I am still getting dead flippers when collecting a jackpot in the middle of the song.

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, it’s the way it’s coded now. The main issue with the 1.16 was the autoplunge after draining a ball that ends your turn

Okay so the autoplunge issue has been fixed, it just felt weird when it killed the flipper after a jackpot. I thought that was only if you got booed off stage.

I only had the game 1 night before the new code and all the video's I watch the jackpot is collected then you continue on with your ball.

When was this changed?

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

1.16, i agree, it does feel weird. It didn’t do it before I updated to 1.16 and on the jjp facebook group they were told that’s how it is coded now.

I do not see anyone talking about how this is now the normal behavior? It really seems bugged still, this can not be normal it just does not fell right.

#6741 3 years ago

Question on the SE for locked balls. Is there a visual for how many balls are currently locked? I know I can hit the status report and it will tell me and it also says how many are locked if you lock another. But is there anywhere on the screen/playfield I can look at and see the current number of balls locked for song mode?

Also anyway to tall how many more ramp shots are needed for the next ball lock?

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes the gun barrel insert near the flippers, when one bullet is green it means a ball is locked
Two shots per ball

Damn thanks, that will be helpfull!

Yes I know the default it 2 ramp shots per lock, I have been playing around with 4 or 5 shots per lock. 2 was just to easy to lock. I do not see any visual or audio cue for the number of shots remaining or completed.

#6798 3 years ago

Root folder should look like this for full install.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6820 3 years ago

So why is t JJP just sending you a new board? I just got my game, LED board failed over the weekend. I called yesterday. Board showed up today. No issues what so ever getting a replacement.

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Got my CE.. having hard time doing update.
Can you Delta from 1.16 to 1.17 instead of full install.
I can't connect WIFI.. game doesn't have character I use for PW.
Downloaded full install 1.17 won't let copy to USB says file is too big.. even though I have several MSDOS erased/formatted USB drives that are plenty big.. never had this issue before.

You can cycle the characters for the password. Did they miss something?

Are you mounting the image to the USB or just copy'n the file?

I always use SD CARD FORMATTER google will bring you to a download. Then use the UNETBOOTIN to install the image to the freshly installed usb stick.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6832 3 years ago

Question, I am running 1.17RC is 1.17 exactly the same?

#6897 3 years ago

I'm not convinced you only had 25 million score and got to wizard mode? I complete one song and get 25 million. Your doing something wrong with your scoring or your trolling, not really sure.

Also these settings are all set on easy mode it seems. There is no default setting to make it harder, you have to manually change things your self.

Here are some things I have tweaked on my SE, and I am still adjusting as I play. I thought song mode was just way to long of unlimited add-a-balls and ball saves.

Turn off unlimited add-a-balls during song mode. That is completely dumb to have on. I have mine set at 3 now.
Song ball save is at 60 seconds, turn that down to 30-45 seconds.
On my SE I have made it so 3 ramps to lock a ball instead of 2. Not sure if you can make it harder to lock balls on the other models as I do not know the rules/settings for that.

I also unplugged the spotlight on the left flipper, that thing is just out of place it creates shadows and reflections that are not needed.

Also remember not every pinhead is a pro like you. So these tasks will not be easy for all.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thank you! I was cashing out as soon as i knew i played a song long enough to get to album mode.

But damn 3 minutes of a song and you should have a good jackpot going, if your not hitting shots your going to get booed of the stage. Not sure how your not scoring points. Not having the skill shots multi is not going to hurt you that much for scoring.

I am a decent player and have yet to make it 2 songs in. You are either better then you think, or like I said trolling.

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

If you are changing your song instead of playing whichever song comes up I believe the scoring is reduced as well.

Yes this is very important, I did not know that until a few days of ownership, now I just play whatever is ready. And that has really improved scoring.

#6908 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Oh ive gotten booed off stage now on 1.17 code, didnt seem like it as much on 1.15. Last night the game kicked my ass. Sorta seems like your trolling me now...

Hah nope not a troll. You are for sure a good player if your getting that deep 2 days in. 200 plays in for me and not even close. But I have changed my settings a lot. 3 minutes of song mode 6 ball multi-ball was just not fun to me. Try changing things around, maybe you will like it. But some people love that non-stop 6 ball multi-ball. I do not.

Can someone explain album sales to me? I am not sure what they do and how I am collection them, is there a graphic or lights showing the progress of said album sales?

#6927 3 years ago

What are some of the most beneficial single patch's to collect? What are you all trying to get first and second?

What about a patch awarded for super skill shot? Or would that be to easy to collect?

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You'd think.. but that left ramp is dangerous. It's so close to the flippers that hitting the standup target directly to the right of the entrance results in a STDM drain a LOT.

Totally agree, that AFD (Appetite for Destruction) target is immediate drain. I now call it the AFD (Always Fu*king Drain) Target.

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Seems code online was pulled all the way back to 1.14. I am still using a 1.16 that I downloaded. Would be great if there was a log somewhere to advise what was wrong and why 1.17 and 1.16 were pulled.
Oh yeah flipper rubbers?? 82 games...[quoted image]

The stock flipper rubber on this game is junk, so soft and brittle at the same time. It's crazy how they now use these nice rubbers on the playfield and give you the crappiest flipper rubber they can find.

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

Anyone have tips for lowering the shaker intensity for those late night games that shake the whole house? My pin is on the top floor and some songs vibrate down to the first floor. Not good for sleeping kids, lol.

How are the shaker effects on this game? I need to get one ordered.

#7106 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The wifi update does not work for me, same thing happening as happened with 1.17. Code downloads fine, hit start twice and then the game just sits at this screen.
Going to have to power down and try the usb version.
[quoted image]

You are on 1.17 You have to do a full download per the instructions.

It appears at some point when they did a code update they broke the WI-FI update, so if you have one of those versions it is broke, and the only way to fix is the old fashion USB way.

#7107 3 years ago

And damn people we been doing this USB update for years, dont act like you all to lazy now because one of your games has WIFI.

#7112 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Delta update via usb not working either. Going from 1.17.
Here's a video and this is what my drive looks like after the extract.
[quoted image]

The zipped file does not need to be on the drive, not sure if that is causing an issue or not. I did a full install from 1.17rc to 1.18 did not try the delta. Just backup your setting and go the full install route?

#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did that too. Also tried download with chrome and firefox. Same issue. Game does not want to update via usb.
[quoted image]

Whats inside that folder?

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

And the log dump worked too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That folder looks correct. Guess is full update for you.

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Anyone still having problems downloading 1.19 via WiFi? I tried updating from 1.16 to 1.19....everything seemed to download fine, but when the game rebooted it was still on 1.16

Pretty sure 1.16 will not update VIA wifi, you need to use USB wifi was broken at some point.

1 week later
#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I did submit I was just curious if it’s a problem others have had and how was it handled by jjp. They are reviewing it now
Try this link. Maybe google photos works
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UN2Cg9CBWR12xfX49

Are you sure its just not the metal rail not being attached good to the side? They use shitty tape to stick them to the cabinet. Both MY JJP games are not even stuck in the middle and have plenty of movement like yours, Willy Wonka and GNR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leachdude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=leachdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.