Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#829 3 years ago

Owners might have some aftermarket mod upgrade options coming. These could be interesting.

FB_IMG_1602541427191 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1602541427191 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I'd rather see something similar to the playfield art. Maybe skeleton crowd rocking out. Hopefully someone like Brian Allen does some side blades for this machine.

Or powerbladez

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How does that even work? I've never heard of anyone unpacking the game and inspecting the play field while the driver sits there and waits?

I do it all of the time. I wont sign the paper until I open up the box to inspect. I usually get the same FEDEX driver and he is always interested in what the game looks like. Even if two years pass, he remembers us. I just have everything ready, slice open the box, look it over, make sure the glass is intact and the playfield isn't jacked out of shape in some way, then sign. I don't fully unpackage it and pull off the glass though.

Last time (unfortunate for us), he saved our delivery for last. He was asking all kinds of questions about owning pinball and wanted to find a Donkey Kong arcade. Cool driver.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can see opening the top and looking down the sides to see if theres anything obvious. So if u cut open the box and theres a problem what do u do? Tape it up and send it back with no repercussions? Has this happened to u in the past?

I would if it was something major, yes. I only had one issue. There was a hole in the box, I opened up the box and found the side artwork had a scratch in it. I immediately called my distributor and sent photos to him and he said to keep it and he would get me a new decal, which he did. In that particular case, it's a fixable thing that is way less costly just in shipping charges to handle it this way. I probably wouldn't have sent it back (JJPOTC LE), but there was no way to dispute my claim that it did happen during shipping. I'm not sure if JJP or the distributor recouped the cost of the decal from FEDEX or not.

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats a primary example of why I would send back the game, and have them install new decals and send the game back. We all know that the decal cost is far less than the shipping, but its their issue and not mine.

I have a nephew-in-law that makes those kinds of decals for commercial vehicles and installs them. He was going to come up from Florida with his tools and install it for me but covid got in the way of those plans. Next year.

#1747 3 years ago

I ordered on Friday. 1st or 2nd quarter of 2021. Sounds like they are still figuring out efficiencies, or part delivery timing, or a bunch of things. My guess for me is April, but ... it's an unknown currently. Could even be January. They still need to figure out an average production or part delivery rate. I knew delaying my order would dramatically change the delivery time, but I wanted to play one first and save some more funds. I'm good with it under the circumstances.

#1878 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think his question was, Can you Play several games on the same sub meaning simultaneously. Don’t think that can be done.

I have 2 or 3 pins running simultaneous on subs. If you use the Pinnovators solutions it isolates the grounds. Lermods and others had ground issues without it. They have a solution for JJP pins with a quick connection to the cabinet speaker or you can just T it off at the 3.5mm jack. The Pinnovators Sub mixer allows for volume balancing each input (up to 4). The sounds don't really get garbled up at all. I tried 4, but the sub is so far away for the outlying pins that you loose some of the effect. Using it for 2 or 3 pins is best I have found. Actually, 1 per pin is best obviously. Just my opinion and experience.

#1990 3 years ago

Think about what you mod before the warranty expires. Once you change/add some things, the warranty probably won't cover the related connected system things.

1 week later
#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Last 10 or so games I thought my plunger felt a little different and even sounded different. I was right! Opened the coin door and peeked inside and found the rubber tip of the plunge sitting inside the cabinet.
250 plays and it took a shit? WTF.
I mean, I know this not a major thing but
are these supposed to just pop on and off? Do they pop back in easily? Or is this going to just keep happening?
The plunger is a soft plunge so it’s not like it’s getting any abuse. [quoted image][quoted image]

Check how close the plunger tip is to contacting something when you raise and lower your playfield. On just about all of my JJP pins I need to pull the plunger just a bit to lower the playfield or that will happen. I don't have my GNR pin yet, but check it.

#2725 3 years ago

It's Lior's Birthday Sale for his mods. Good time to get your GNR mods if you haven't yet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/3#post-5963634

#2843 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Score are automatically sent/updated in real-time over wifi to our platform.
Your final score, however, while *available* online after a game, doesn't automatically save to the leaderboard until you claim it.
The reason for this is because there may be multiple players, and we must know which player is which. Therefore, you need to tell us (or, in some cases, tell the game) who you are. (Just like how after a game you would enter initials, now we expect some interaction here as well.)
You can do this during a game (in the app by pressing the player # slot on the session), or after a game (same thing).
We will be releasing a feature shortly which will speed this up significantly , and adding "auto-save" capability for people who save every score.

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.

Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

#2847 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

That is a great question! We actually set that up for a few tournaments using a special version of ScorbitVision, so it's not hard for us to make happen for anyone's non-pinhead party.
However, let me make sure I totally get what you want to do:
For each game played, you want to put the players' names in to their player slots yourself, from a web interface?
If the names and scores are meant to kept in our system so people can look at the leaderboard afterwards, they would need a user on the Scorbit platform...but that doesn't mean they need the app.
We could provide a registration desk kind of tool, for people who aren't registered yet, so everyone has a single identity on Scorbit... then you would search for a name to add it to a slot.
Is that what you're thinking of, or just an ephemeral tool for the display?
Thanks for the support!

Yes, something like that, or a event scoring that I can enter party attendee names and just choose names from that list. Then just wipe out my event results after a time period. Like 2 weeks. Since they are non-pinheads, the scoring for the long term record books isn't necessary. Just a party live tournament kind of thing. People could lookup how they are doing with web based or app based setup, or I could even setup a monitor that shows the scoring. That's probably what I would do if made possible.

Your idea is fine too, just throwing out an idea.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

Or if you log out, it stops the auto entry. Or a time out that if another game "at home" isn't played for 15 minutes or so, it stops. Add a toggle button to turn on or off the auto entry. Just some ideas.

#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Solved this by using the Iscore ap on a dedicated touch screen kiosk. Anyone can enter their own scores at any time. Machine resets won't matter etc.
Handy for the situation you are talking about and cheaper than retro fitting this system into my 20 games i'll bet.
[quoted image]

Yes, I have that setup. Usually only about 5 out of our usual 30 people are competitive and will do that, the others give up trying to remember and enter 7 or so numbers in their scores after a few beers. I gave them a paper version to write down their scores at the machines and then I will catch up and enter them. If that process is all pretty much automatic, it would be better. With GNR in the near future, I would have 6 of 13 or 14 pins covered without much effort and no cost. I am eager to try it and see what happens and go from there. Seems cleaner and easier for events.

1 week later
#3243 3 years ago

JJP will be selling one too. They previewed it on Facebook and should be out soon along with shirts and other stuff.

FB_IMG_1606788867681 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1606788867681 (resized).jpg
#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The US prices should be much less than the AUS prices.

Let's hope so.

#3522 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

FYI - I posted the Patch Sets on the Tilt Rulesheet. Spoiler Alert, but if you are interested.
http://tiltforums.com/t/guns-n-roses-jjp-rulesheet/6803

I think that Bra and Panties patches should have equaled super spinner.

2 weeks later
#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Did youget an email or anything that it shipped? I ordered a banner but haven’t heard anything? Thanks

It said that there was a 3 week lead time on orders with banners. We likely won't hear anything until after the new year for those.

1 month later
#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Anybody have any ideas regarding a homebrew topper for their LE?
Right now I've got this sound bar up there, held in place via some straps that connect to two of the countersunk bolts that help mount the built-in speaker enclosure to the head.
I'm not 100% sure I need something with another copy of the GNR logo that you see on the backglass... so, what else might tie in well?
[quoted image]

Wait a few weeks. The new Lior topper will be revealed and it's awesome. Expensive, but it will be a great topper for this pin that suits it well.

1 month later
#7214 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Can anyone tell me if your high scores are saved when you do a settings back up? It downloaded successfully onto the stick but took like one or two seconds to do? I am doing a full 1.18 install so would like to know before doing cheers

Yes they are saved with the backup.

When doing the full install, it might prompt you if you want to do a factory reset by pressing both flipper buttons. If it asks that, let that part of the install time out and your high scores usually are saved. Always backup settings before an update. It's a good ... backup.

#7509 2 years ago

It looks like GNR owners are too busy having fun playing to vote in Pinside poles. Star Trek better than GNR?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021

1 week later
#7780 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Zero dollars for additional songs. Please do not open this Pandora’s box! If you do, you will be paying for all sorts of things that one would expect to receive when you first bought the game. Look what has happened to video games as an example.

100% agree. From what I can see (jumping to a conclusion here), the JJP programmers have a deep pinball passion and get enjoyment out of seeing people engrossed in new code/modes/light shows that they release as polish/updates, some of which was planned right from the start. They go back to older games when time and priorities permit and stay busy with their coding passion. If you now charge extra for updates, that pulls them away from other priorities and probably dims the free flow of coding artistic ideas. We already pay a high price for these games and the feedback from us customers will sometimes lead them to some tweaks. The coders are doing just fine and do it as a team effort.

3 weeks later
#8600 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man I need a fix for the lower pop/bumper stuck ball issue...I didn't realize how common this was. My machine is level and setup correctly front to back and left to right. It happens with regularity and usually during critical times. Getting frustrating. Searching the threads here is what I've seen to alleviate the issue:
1. 3D Printed block that fits on post
2. foam on pop skirt
3. Adjusting pop strength
4. Adjusting pop sensitivity
5. Bending the post after marking the front, removing, bending, and reinserting
I've tried options 3 and 4 with no luck.
Nudging doesn't help as it it sets off the tilt warning the way I prefer it as you really have to push it to get any movement, it just rests in that skirt/post cradle
Any other thoughts or ideas? [quoted image]

That's happened to me with LEs at 2 different locations. To avoid tilting I have to wait for the ball search. During a song that is a disappointment. When I get mine I may try a larger rubber ring on the post or a fat sleeve.

9 months later
#20049 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Ecw0930 made these "Marshall" emblems for the upper speaker grills. How great do these look, it's a simple mod that to me really shines. He does these super cheap and got them to me in just a few days. Thanks ecw0930 for helping this awesome pin look even cooler.[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you attach them?

1 week later
#20274 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, for those with auto plunge issues, I think a found another reason for this nagging issue. I have an external Polk sub. When I plug or connect the sub, it causes the shooter sensor board to auto plunge. So, if you have auto plunge issues and have an external sub, maybe you might want to disconnect and see if it remedies the issue.

Use the Pinnovators gizmo for connecting to the external sub. It isolates the ground.

4 months later
#22246 1 year ago
Quoted from lpgnr:Did anyone’s high score pictures disappear? I can’t access mine anymore. All the scores are there, but I can’t see the pictures, even when hitting the flipper buttons to rotate through everything

They show up about every 6th pass of the attract mode cycles. We lobbied the JJP code guys to have the pics show up on a earlier pass during the attract modes on a different pin and they did it for us. Maybe JJPOTC I think it was.

1 week later
#22316 1 year ago

Also check the VUK solenoid bracket to see if it is loose. Same symptoms and that was the issue on mine causing the SDTM.

1 month later
#22713 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

In case anyone here may be able to help my search. I'm actively trying to find a CE owner that may be willing to part ways with their skull shooter housing. I know it's a ridiculous long shot, but I will pay handsomely for the part!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/141646
[quoted image]

The Lior version is pretty good. https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/the-art-of-pinball/jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses/guns-n-roses-sculpted-skull-shooter-by-the-art-of-pinball/

3 weeks later
#22868 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Is there a way on GNR to disable the "Todays Top Scores" thing? I can understand the benefit of this feature on location, but on my Home Use Only game, where I might have time to play 4-5 games a day, almost every game I play is a "Todays Top Score." It just doesn't serve a purpose. Unless I set an actual all time top score, I don't wanna hear about it! lol
I'm just curious if there was a menu option that I'm missing.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes in the high score adjustments settings you can turn it off

It's near the very bottom of the list of settings under the high score adjustments. I turn them on when I have parties. There's also a "minimum score" needed to be in the top scores of the day. I bump those up a bit for parties in case the first few games people play have really bad scores.

6 months later
#25211 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, if you're in the market to buy, ask if the seller got a spare playfield. JJP was offering new spares at 1/2 price, and many owners did it for insurance.

Can owners still get the half price playfield deal?

10 months later
#27705 18 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Can you post the next page?I want to see what Eric said lol

No you don't. He just told me that my wife needs to step up her game to get on the leaderboard more on our GNR.

#27713 17 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh my.... lol. I hope it's not just scoring in songs. My main gripe with scoring lies in modes like slash solo and all 4 album modes. They aren't really worth playing as is, assuming your goal is points. Song jackpots have always been where the big points are.

Keith is just "starting" with song-to-song balancing in beta. He says it's the first of several to come. That pretty much means that he is working on balancing the other stuff too. Any bad point exploits in the new scoring on the songs should be reported back to him.

#27759 16 days ago

Beta code, during attract mode screens, they give you the opportunity to play the videos that were previously only accessible with flipper codes. When that screen pops up, just press the action button to play the video. Awesome!

20240302_194252 (resized).jpg20240302_194252 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#27925 5 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Would be cool if companies had a setting in the code that would pop up a 3 year message to swap the battery soon.

If you put the battery change date on your pinside collection maintenance record, it will nudge you yearly. It's a good place to keep track of that for all of your machines.

#27943 4 days ago

I use a magnetic retrieval tool (magnetic on a stick) to help extract the battery. Reduces chances of dropping the battery or brushing a finger against the fan blades. Works well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.