IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2786 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty awesome that Scorbit will be in every game. That stuff isnt cheap if you bought it separately.

Yep, included by default. JJP was an absolutely joy to work with to make it happen. Amazing people.

I realize it can be expensive, depending on the use case. It takes a lot to manage the cloud infrastructure and manage the hardware. That being said, for standard (home) accounts, we're offering a one year free promotion on the website for standard accounts (although JJP machines are free always anyway).

The app is new and in development, so we'll release features on that as fast as we can. You should also check out the ScorbitVision visualizations available to all users if you get a chance, it can really brighten up a game room. (Although I know some of you guys love your dark and sinister dungeons.) Instructions on how to use all that stuff is here: https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/sections/360011974773-ScorbitVision-Guides

We welcome feedback on all of this of course!

#2833 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Am I reading this right. For a collection of ten games it’s 230 per game for the board you have to install and then 75ish bucks a year per game?

No...sorry for the confusion. To clarify:

Right now, all standard subscriptions are free for a year (see the website).

For ten games, standard accounts (not including JJP games, which are free), you subscribe (aka get licenses) for a flat rate (pricing is $6.99/mo or $69.72/yr for up to 10). Each tier gets you any number of games up to that max, and then the top tier is unlimited. I hope that makes sense.

For hardware, the price drops as you have more active devices total. For each tier, the total cost per unit drops, until you get to $199/unit.

Also, again, all Jersey Jack machines are free. No hardware is required *at all* and no subscription is required (but you do have to register and set up your account or it won't work).

All of this is on this webpage: https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

#2838 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just wondering what the scorebit vision visualisations do in regards to lighting up your game room .

ScorbitVision basically allows you to create four types of web objects:

1. Scoreboards, which are URL that show you a live version of the current game being played in an attractive way for a larger screen. These can be anywhere from 1 machine to 8 machines on a screen. Note that it will display scores and modes where supported (JJP supports modes).

2. Leaderboards, which are URLs that display specific machine's leaderboard or a global leaderboard (we're adding many other types soon). Similar to scoreboards, these can be from 1 to 8 machines on a screen.

3. Slideshows, which are URLs that display Scoreboards and Leaderboards in any sequence, with timers, etc.

4. Streamboards, which are a series of templates that build URLs designed for pinball streaming and OBS.

Here's a demo. The ScorbitVision part comes on after the introductions and the game is going:

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

this scorbit thing is cool but complicated. I just want my scores to be automatically uploaded to a global leaderboard for my game.

Ok, so for that, all you need is the app.

For now, at the end of each game you play (with or without Scorbit connection to the game), you can submit your score.

We are adding an auto-submit feature to the app for people who have already claimed a slot to auto-submit to the leaderboard. (You can tell Scorbit you are player (n) any time you want during the game and up to a couple minutes after, or when a new game starts, whatever comes first).

Note that there are two leaderboards: One is the one for you specific game. Two is the global leaderboard.

To view the global leaderboard right now, you must create a view of it with ScorbitVision, as the app only lets you see the one for that specific game. We will be adding the ability to view various leaderboards on the app soon.

Does that help?

#2842 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It does thanks. So scores are not automatically uploaded via the machines wifi connection?

Score are automatically sent/updated in real-time over wifi to our platform.

Your final score, however, while *available* online after a game, doesn't automatically save to the leaderboard until you claim it.

The reason for this is because there may be multiple players, and we must know which player is which. Therefore, you need to tell us (or, in some cases, tell the game) who you are. (Just like how after a game you would enter initials, now we expect some interaction here as well.)

You can do this during a game (in the app by pressing the player # slot on the session), or after a game (same thing).

We will be releasing a feature shortly which will speed this up significantly , and adding "auto-save" capability for people who save every score.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.
Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

That is a great question! We actually set that up for a few tournaments using a special version of ScorbitVision, so it's not hard for us to make happen for anyone's non-pinhead party.

However, let me make sure I totally get what you want to do:

For each game played, you want to put the players' names in to their player slots yourself, from a web interface?

If the names and scores are meant to kept in our system so people can look at the leaderboard afterwards, they would need a user on the Scorbit platform...but that doesn't mean they need the app.

We could provide a registration desk kind of tool, for people who aren't registered yet, so everyone has a single identity on Scorbit... then you would search for a name to add it to a slot.

Is that what you're thinking of, or just an ephemeral tool for the display?

Thanks for the support!

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I must be getting old. I really don’t understand this. Why wouldn’t my machine just have a name I give it and then automatically post my scores? If I play a match of call of duty, I don’t pull out an app at the end of a match and then enter my score in that app. It just automatically posts with my name.
Am I missing something here?

You're not missing something at all. When you play Call of Duty, you are holding a controller, and you have told you Xbox, Playstation or PC that you're you before you start playing by "logging in" with you name to Xbox Live or something similar.

In pinball it's no different, you have to tell us you're you. I think what you would like is to be able to say, "Hey, I'm playing this game for a while. Every score is mine," and have it just automatically submit scores, with your name, while you play.

Honestly, that sounds like a neat feature, I'll talk to the team about it... The only problem is if you left it on, and someone else came to the machine and started racking up scores that weren't you. Maybe it could be "home mode," where all scores are yours?

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, something like that, or a event scoring that I can enter party attendee names and just choose names from that list. Then just wipe out my event results after a time period. Like 2 weeks. Since they are non-pinheads, the scoring for the long term record books isn't necessary. Just a party live tournament kind of thing. People could lookup how they are doing with web based or app based setup, or I could even setup a monitor that shows the scoring. That's probably what I would do if made possible.
Your idea is fine too, just throwing out an idea.

That's a good idea, basically an event with a special set of leaderboards that are web-based, that the names are essentially temporary. We love identity here at Scorbit, but I see where this is coming from! Stay tuned, we'll think of some solutions.

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To be clear... this doesn't have a sensor to sound an alarm when I have the glass off right? Not that I would ever need to do this during a game of course

It’s funny, it’s a common question but the answer is kind of easy. Do you cheat when you play with no one watching? Probably not. Sure, I guess you could take the glass off, but that’s one of the reasons the default is a leaderboard for your machine. Every type of leaderboard has flaws, so we will offer all of them for the various audiences that need them.

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Thanks for explaining , it is such a cool idea .
I'm not very tech-savvy .
A couple of questions .
1- if I'm on this thread or anywhere else , could I put the call out to 8 people , to have a comp .
2 - if I buy GNR , I don't ever have to pay for this service .

Yes, today we have a beta concept in the app called challenges that lets you play a game and then challenge others to beat it. We are working on notifications on how this works at the moment. it’s still rough but we improve daily.

We will soon have a feature that allows your to choose people in advance and play against them with a leaderboard for that challenge. That is in development and on our release schedule.

Finally, for Jersey Jack games this is a free service. For other games you must use a Scorbitron which has a hardware and subscription price (although we have a promotion now).

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A question I havnt seen answered yet regarding the Scorebit on JJP games. Will it be able to be switched on or off from the game settings?

Yes, the game settings in the Diagnotics/Utilities menu has a Scorbit option.

#3052 3 years ago

Hey all. We want to make you aware of the Scorbit app release version 1.0.18 this morning.

This release includes QR code support to speed up claiming of player slots and navigating to a machine. If the user doesn't have the app, the QR will take them to the appropriate iOS or Android app download pages.

More info and screenshots on the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/4#post-5977213

1 month later
#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

scorbit
I just downloaded the app. I don't have my GNR yet. How do you just look up a game and check out high scores? Or view live matches? Maybe it will make more sense when I get my game. I just don't understand this platform.

If you hit the main S on the bottom tab, you can then search for games in the search bar. You can type a zip code, for example. Once you find the venue, you list the games in the venue. If you navigate to a game, you can see live games if they are happening, or post a score to it manually if there is no Scorbit connection yet.

We share data with Pinball Map, and if you already own a venue and a machine, let me know and we can make sure it gets added to your account so you can access the edit screens.

If the game hasn't been added yet, or the venue does exist (say, your house), you can create it by going to the account menu and choosing "My Venues," and the rest hopefully make sense.

You can add a game before it's connected, and post manual scores to it.

#5171 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think you can play friends in real-time, but the process was described as a pain.
Seems like it’s not there yet, I had issues just signing up, but it could be something to build on.

There is plenty in the works, as you suspect. Regardless we appreciate the feedback, it’s all helpful.

#5231 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This needs to be integrated into the scorbit app, but it’s pretty easy to setup. You make a “scoreboard” with all the games that want to play with together in real time. Share the link to said scoreboard. You display the scoreboard on your phone, tablet or cast / airplay to TV. You all press start at the same time. Done. Up to 8 machines can be on a scoreboard.

We are working to add this to the app. We're making some major upgrades to the configuration options for ScorbitVision, but expect seeing those newer boards visible in various ways in the app soon.

#5235 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We are working to add this to the app. We're making some major upgrades to the configuration options for ScorbitVision, but expect seeing those newer boards visible in various ways in the app soon.

I'm getting lots of questions off-site from GnR owners so let me address:

- No, Scorbit is not charging for JJP users to use this service with their games. Yes, we do sell hardware for other game types.
- Yes, your Scorbit display name is known by the JJP game. We haven't integrated it fully yet with on-game leaderboards, stay tuned.
- There are no notifications yet, but that is coming soon, stay tuned.
- The right/bottom tab with the people on it is a feed of scores from people you follow.
- Leaderboards while you wait for the game to start represent:

1. Top scores specific for this physical machine.
2. Global top scores from this title. We've heard you, we will allow machine grouping soon (All GnRs should be grouped, not three global lists, etc.
3. Global top scores for the last month
4. We will be adding other leaderboards created with ScorbitVision (that you are allowed to see) that contain this specific machine as an owner's option

- Scorbit does allow manual submission of scores for games without connectivity, but it requires a photo of the score.
- Yes, ScorbitVision may include leaderboards from non-Scorbit enabled machines. Use your Scorbit account to login (major update to this coming soon).
- API: We are working on our developer-friendly API for streamers and others and will update soon. You'll get a token via our developer API website.
- My Machines *will not* display active/inactive state for the standard accounts (white dot vs. red/green).
- My Venues allow you to change the privacy controls of your venue.
- If you want to DELETE your machine from the app and create a new one (or the machine moves), go to https://tools.scorbit.io where you can manage that. We will be adding delete to the machine edit screen soon. Any question with this please let us know at [email protected].

** If you own a venue and it's in Pinball Map, and you want us to assign your Scorbit account ownership of that venue in our version of that data, please email us at [email protected].**
You should do this before activating Scorbit, so you pair your game with the correct machine. However, if you've already done this and want us to re-assign it/re-pair it, just email us.

Please don't forget to check out https://vision.scorbit.io. This is where you create large-screen oriented displays.

Thanks!

1 week later
#5649 3 years ago

We just identified a new ScorbitVision bug where you can't create certain types of leaderboards. This probably was introduced very recently, we're working on correcting it now.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

My game has been stuck like this for about 15 minutes. Attract screen is working, but the bar hasn't moved in a long time. Should I restart?
[quoted image]

It's should speed through and not stick. Power cycle and start over.

#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

To get an idea of what your machine is dealing with go to JJPs website and try to download the update.
My guess is that so many of us are pinging that server that it is probably running into bandwidth issues.
Give it time or exit out and try again @ 3AM or give it a couple of days.

If it's during the install, reboot. If it's during the download, check the Internet and reboot. Also if the kids are having a gamer LAN party.

#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine stuck too.

This ?
LTG : )

This isn't downloading, it's something else (if it says Finishing Update...) so personally I'd reboot.

#5797 3 years ago

We've had some reports of some session bugs with Scorbit, know we're working on it and we'll have an update when we can.

#5825 3 years ago

Scorbit bug fix has been posted.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Is this the bug I have noticed that when you end a game it doesnt register in the scorbit app?

Yes, that was just on v1.13 and has been fixed in v1.14.

Note that when you abort games, they shouldn't really count as games... but regardless, try it with 1.14.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there an option to disable the Scorbit QR code from being displayed on the screen? Finally had to disable Scorbit and wifi to get rid of the QR code. The game is in my house, I don't need or want a QR code plastered on my cool attract mode screen.
I set the Global high score anyway, so done with Scorbit until someone beats it.

Yes there is! In 1.14 it's in the system menu, so you can take that QR code off the attract. Please do that and reconnect!

#6109 3 years ago

I do know that from Scorbit's POV we've seen almost all updates go smoothly. Regardless, we've heard that in the next release they've introduced more fixes around the wifi download. For now, keep your coin door open during a wifi update and that is supposed to help.

#6111 3 years ago

One of the unfortunate things about going online for the first time is that you undoubtedly run into issues with wifi incompatibilities. You wouldn't believe the WiFi journey we've been through at Scorbit to make our own WiFi hardware appear easy when you do a Scorbitron install!

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Yep flipper buttons change case and characters . Still no dice. Sees the networks but always says disconnected and fails immediately. No biggie but should I check anything in back box? Cables etc?

If the game sees and displays the networks, and then doesn't connect, you're likely having a "key exchange" issue. This can sometimes be caused by the wifi router having a setting that is less common (encryption type, etc.). If you can, set your WiFi router to WPA2 Personal (WPA2-PSK) encryption. If it's set to WEP (too old) or something bizarre it might be failing to handshake.

Because the game is a linux box running relatively standard drivers, there isn't really anything to set on the game other than the SSID and password.

If your laptop or smartphone is connected to the same WiFi device, check your settings and see what type of connection it's using. Also, this is rare but it happens, sometimes a router is set to allocate only a limited number of IP addresses, and has difficulty assigning new ones. You can sometimes fix this by rebooting/power cycling the router or resetting the DHCP service on it.

3 weeks later
#7198 3 years ago

We have heard some cases where after the 1.18 update, on first boot, there may be some connection issue that is resolved from that point forward. If any of you have issues with Scorbit during that first boot, try another boot, and let us know if it resolves. Thanks!

1 week later
#7558 3 years ago

Quick Scorbit app update: v1.0.24 Release

v1.0.24_sm (resized).jpgv1.0.24_sm (resized).jpg

In addition to many bug fixes, two important feature changes:

1. Any leaderboard created with ScorbitVision will now appear in the Waiting to Start game session screens (and leaderboard viewing screens) if they are associated with the machine you're viewing, public, and created/owned by the person who owns the machine. For example, you could create a leaderboard for a machine specific to your local pinball league for a machine, make it public, and now anyone playing will see that leaderboard in the carousel while waiting to play.

2. If you open the app or return to the home screen from within a venue and have location set up properly, the app will launch with the machine list for that venue. This is particularly useful for home users which are always in the same venue (their house) and want to skip the venue list. There will be more controls over the venues and venue listing in the next release.

v1.0.24 Release Notes:

-Various performance improvements and bug fixes
-Corrects Android WiFi pairing bug for some OS/hardware combinations
-App will now launch inside a venue if you're standing in it by default.
-Tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to larger leaderboard view.
-Added public custom leaderboards from ScorbitVision to game screens (useful for pinball leagues!)
-Fixed a pairing bug that caused install to get stuck
-Fixed searching for venues with apostrophes

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Thanks! Just an FYI that I have noticed that on my GNR 1.19, my Scorbit score will sometimes freeze and I can’t seem to get it to continue capturing my score until I restart the machine. Reading the update, I was curious if this was fixed in this version. I can’t yet find a pattern on when it happens but just wanted to send the note along and if there is anything I can do to help track it down.

We've had reports of that happening on first install of 1.19, but only from one or two people, and we can't replicate it in the lab!

If it happens to you, I'd be really curious if the game (not Scorbit) was still on the network. A freeze like that would happen if the game dropped off WiFi for some reason.

#7564 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa Would I be correct to assume that if I'm playing my Guns CE, that I'm only going to see other CE owners' high scores? Or are the LE owners in those high scores as well? It would make sense to combine those leaderboards, as the gameplay is the exact same.

Scores of both games are combined for global leaderboards, but artwork is different for specific ones.

For global scores, we use machine groups, which means if the playfields play the same the scores are together.

In a case (like Batman 66) where all versions of a game are the same, when you choose the game from a list for a global leaderboard you would only see one option.

#7576 3 years ago

1.0.24 just dropped on the Apple store for those who were waiting. Sorry about that. I will never mention Android in release notes on Apple again, as apparently they don't like that!

#7579 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

jsa ”tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to a larger leaderboard view”
How do I do this? Can’t seem to find it in the app. I updated it.

On the machine title, you'll see a little list icon to the right of the game title.

IMG_1718 (resized).PNGIMG_1718 (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#8085 3 years ago

Excited to announce an update to the Scorbit app, v1.0.25, and a major uplift to ScorbitVision! This includes new leaderboards, new app features, and more.

Details in the Scorbit thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5#post-6228910

1 week later
#8844 2 years ago

Hey GnR folks. Just FYI, we've posted an instructional video on how to use the various features of ScorbitVision.

This outlines using Scorbit for Scoreboards, Leaderboards, Comboboards, Slideshows and Streamboards.

More info in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5#post-6252475

2 months later
#11827 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice score! I need to start using scorbit again. Haven’t used it in 6+ months. But sounds like they’ve done quite a few updates so might be worth trying again.

Yes, and we'll be releasing some big updates today/tomorrow.

2 months later
#15180 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I need to figure scorbit out. I guess. Will probably have no reason to now. Hahaha would be cool to see game times tho.
Is it easy? Worth doing.

I hope it's easy, that's what we're aiming for anyway. You scan a QR code, install the app, set up a username/etc., and connect the machine.

I think the biggest habit you have to form is "claiming" games. Ideally you tap the player # on the app as the game begins, and then when the game is over, it asks you if you want to save to leaderboard or throw out the score.

We have auto-claiming features, but they depend on the app being open and are mostly for one-player games.

Some folks find scanning the QR code on the game screen at the beginning easier than tapping buttons on the app, and I can see why that might be easier for some. Personally I just always have my phone open on the machine when I play, but I 100% get why some folks are less excited about that (particularly in an arcade).

As for if it's worth doing: I consider pinball a social thing, and when someone like Karl rips up GnR, I like getting a notification about it. I also follow a ton of really fun players and always like seeing the modes they stacked up/etc.

Anyway I'm biased but figured you asked...

#15181 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wouldn’t call it easy. Definitely not intuitive. kermit24 setup something on a browser where we could track each others progress and scores in live time. But that feature isn’t available in the app. All in all, worth it? Really just another place to keep high scores and progress which is sort of cool. But you have to remember to have it active, going, and lock it in after a game. The stern connect looks way more innovative and fun if I’m honest.

You can follow people in the app and get notifications if they beat your score, etc. This being said, I'm not sure how often watching a live game on the app is useful to people. I use ScorbitVision for live stuff and the app for more of the social piece.

You can also set up auto-save and auto-claim so you don't need to keep the active, going and lock it in after a game, but I recognize not all these features are really intuitive yet. We're improving it. I find the challenges the most fun personally, but YMMV. We have a feature coming called hog mode that allows you to auto-claim/auto-save on a single machine until you step away from it. This came from home users who really don't like pulling the app out more than once.

Then there is the fact that Scorbit also works cross hundreds of titles and is an open platform, which I would think adds some value.

I guess the piece that is the most important part for me is social features, but my co-founders might be more into score tracking. Everyone's use case is a bit different and you can't be perfect for everyone.

#15192 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You mentioned you can see what modes they stacked. Just an example. I hit my GC by a LOT yesterday at 199Mil. I would love to go back and see HOW I did it as far as multiballs, boosters, and stacking. You're saying that Scorbit would show these things?

The short answer is yes. In the app, after you Save to Leaderboard, you can view what we call "score details" by clicking on the score anywhere in the app. For example, if you hit the Community tab (the people icon in the lower right), you see scores of everyone you follow. If you click a score, it shows you the details of that score, including a timeline of the game visually. You can see the actual modes stacked on the bottom of the timeline.

Now, more specifically, the app knows what those modes are. We have a version coming in a future release which allows you to drag your finger over it and see the modes (it's tricky to fit this all on a screen!).

Quoted from Ecw0930:

I also love the idea of Hog Mode. I have one game, and Hog Mode sounds like a great idea for HUO guys like myself where we can just connect and forget. Also, being able to follow others, get notifications, etc etc. This is much more than I thought it was.

We've had the cloud part of Hog Mode ready for about four months, we just haven't had time to add it to the user interface with everything going on! We will get on that soon.

Quoted from screaminr:

Wouldn't it be sick , if they got to the point where you and your mate could login and connect " live " and then using the camera in the game you can see each other in the bottom corner of the screen and play each other live .
Edit , you would need a microphone .
Would that be possible with the current hardware .

At Scorbit we're really into the social context of pinball. That being said, a lot of our interaction happens between balls. Also watching someone's gameplay. So when you distill this down to the core, I think it's probably less about "head to head" gaming where one game is player 1 and the other is player 2, and more about being able to watch the other player's playfield and hear each other. So are we talking about streaming tools, or head to head?

Anyway, a lot to think about there. In our release this week, try out the Challenge features. They are simple, but you would be surprised...

#15216 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Thanks jsa for providing feedback to the forum. It is great seeing you guys in here, listening and answering our questions. One thing that I really liked from the Stern system is that the player would “check in” or “log in” into the game and the pinball machine rather than just showing player 1, 2… it shows the username. I get it that your solution is an open platform for any pinball to leverage, but for those strategic partners (like JJP) have you guys discussed enabling the Scorbit platform to push certain info back to the machine, like username or avatar or previous scores, etc….?
Stern’s implementation is cool but the added cost of having to put readers on every single machines seems complicated vs JJPs approach that leverages the player’s phone and the simple connectivity of the machine. So I guess the next logical step would enable more custom integrations between JJP machine and Scorbit for that bi-directional communication. Sorry if I went a bit into the deepend (techy at heart) but wanted to get your thoughts on this (not sure if maybe a new thread would be better for this).

Funny you should say that...

I will say this: We have been providing all that data back to the manufacturers in real-time since INDISC in 2016. There has been a lot of development in the area you speak of. I hope you'll be pleased.

Quoted from sevenrites:

Please add a way for me to click and see all the top scores for any game I click on, unless I’m missing it - I see it flash once in awhile after I place a GNR score but can’t figure out how to get in and look at it again after it’s gone. Thanks!!! Been enjoying the integration and using it so far. So much potential.

You got it. This next release, go to your profile, click on stats, choose a machine you want to look at, and it will be there.

#15220 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

No way! That seriously rocks, thank you! It will be much easier to see where you rank on a game with other users that way!

Hey no problem, we're all wanting it along with you! You can look at anyone on Scorbit's whole posted score history for that game as well, manual or automated submissions.

Don't forget to click on a score, it takes you to the score timeline, which is pretty informative, even without mode labels (yet).

The crazy part is that we have all of this data, and you would be amazed with how many different ways people would like us to slice it.

Part of the reason we launched ScorbitVision was because we realized there is just too many iterations for the app. This being said, I fully expect folks to make their own apps on our system. We are going to launch a full developer website soon with some more tools for this.

I think we need a button on every machine play screen that takes you to the globals for the machine, globals for you, etc... too many features, so little time!

#15242 2 years ago

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka, GnR will be coming soon.

Video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

#15278 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Also I tried to work Scorbit tonight for the first time and nothing recorded, so I even suck at that.

Hey, you're not alone, we have a TON of work to do to make the app more intuitive and easier.

We do have a support doc that might help though:

https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/articles/360056606854-Activating-a-Jersey-Jack-Pinball-Machine-on-the-Scorbit-Platform

Try that, let us know.

#15338 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Do you have to sign in on scorbit every time you turn on the game.? Also is there a leader board? I can't find myself anywhere in the app. My username is Sushko. I have been in the club for about two weeks now and loving the game. The playfield has no problems built in 8/21. The only problem was the gate on the launch I just added the washers and it's perfect now.
[quoted image]

sushko You do not have to sign into Scorbit each time you turn on the game, it does that automatically for you if you've "paired" the game with Scorbit in the Utilities menu of the game.

There are various leaderboards for every game. You can also create you own leaderboards for just your location or groups of friends or machines using ScorbitVision (sv.scorbit.io).

When you log into the app, the default screen is the venue screen, which should open in your venue (or your house) if your location was set correctly. Then, when you go to play the game, if you scan the QR code on the screen that pops up on Ball 1, it will automatically "claim" you as player 1 or next available player. I recommend setting your settings in the account menu, in playing preferences, to auto-save. This means after a game it puts your score in the leaderboard automatically IF you've claimed the player slot.

The leaderboards are visible from the screen that appears whenever you navigate to the game. During attract mode, you can scan through them on a carousel. You can also see them by pressing the Leaderboard icon in the upper right next to the machine title during the game or after.

You can also look at any user's profile (or your own, via the account menu next to your avatar icon). If you hit Stats, then the machine icon, you'll get to search for a machine, and it will give you the scores and achievements for that person (including yourself) for any game.

We'll be adding more leaderboard features by machine type to the app soon.

Let me know if you have trouble!

-Jay

#15386 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I’m getting into the possibilities of Scorbit now, but after I’ve added maybe 6 of you fellas, I’ve only seen one score from Collins so far. I tried to “like” it, or whatever the equivalent is, by hitting the flipper paddle icon so that it goes up. I hope that made you feel good!
Most of my “feed” is Jay A, and one thing that has me puzzled is that it has the ball time and score graphic for Twilight Zone. I have a TZ, but it wasn’t available as a machine to add in the app. Jay, are older machines going to get Scorbit treatment somehow? Are you going into the hardware business?!

Heh, well, yeah it's been a long road and journey. The amount of orders for Scorbitrons this weekend is overwhelming my little operation here.

The process of adding Twilight Zone is like this: You can add TZ by going to the Account Menu > My Venues > [Venue Name] > and in Machines hit the +. Choose Twilight Zone, and it will show up on your machine list.

Then, when you have a Scorbitron one day and want to connect it, you can go to the machine and hit the edit pencil, and go to Tools > Install Scorbitron. The rest is magic.

Until then, you can submit scores manually with a photo!

#15522 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I’m not sure who the Scorbit guy here is, but I owe you a beer.
I just finished a horrifically long 14hr work call to find a challenge on GnR from someone I haven’t seen since COVID started, and was great to have the competition, and double the score and send the challenge back.
Just what I needed after a long day, a respite and some fun… added incentive to push the risk reward inherent in the game to come out on top.
Thanks for the cherry in my Manhattan.

Made my day! That's outstanding and exactly the sort of thing we're looking for.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Wait.... The g'n'r challenges are live?!

Challenges have been live since 2020. This is not achievements. At the end of a game, after you save to leaderboard, you can choose to "challenge" someone (or a few people) to beat your score. If they accept the challenge, the next time they play that title, it counts towards the challenge. If you stack up challenges on the same game, first in is first out.

Winners of the challenge get a little gold badge on their avatar on the score card in the feed, and anyone following will see that and the challenger's score.

-Jay

#15523 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

One of them roused to vomit and then was down for the count. Now, let’s see about those Scorbit achievements!

Drunk GnR fan vomits on your shoes! Achievement Unlocked.

1 week later
#15923 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

So, I'm having a bit of an issue using Scorebit. When I scan the QR code it keeps me as Player One instead of putting in my display name (Batey). My pal's Wonka will substitute the Player # with the scorebit display name.
Can any owners confirm if this is the same with their GnR? Thanks!

On the app, when you're on the playing screen, tap the word "Player 1."

The QR code will auto-navigate you there, but won't auto-claim the slot if multiple players are set.

GnR support for display names is coming, very soon. Very soon.

Let me know if that helps!

#16011 2 years ago

Achievements are live!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16043 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I’ve tried to sync up my Scorbit app twice, and both times it has caused my machine to restart (SE Model). Is anyone else having issues with the Scorebit after the update?

We have had some problems with older versions of the code around restarts, particularly if you have a long display name in your user profile. Be sure to update your code first before connecting Scorbit.

#16044 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Are the achievements in the Scorbit app or stored on the game itself or both? I'm not really sure how any of it works.

I've explained a lot of how all this works (with photos) here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/7#post-6547465

Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm looking for the achievements also and don't see them on the app? Anyone know where it tells what they are?

See above. Think of the app as a companion.

#16063 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thank you! I think that's it. I've waited until the game was over to do that.

If you are playing by yourself, and you scan the QR on the game screen at the upper right, it SHOULD auto-claim the player slot. Just a shortcut. However, if you're playing with people, the QR code will claim the first available slot, so be warned.

#16156 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for the link Jay, but this doesn't really help. This is mostly achievement discovery "after the fact". The achievements available for each game need to be clear so that player knows what to be going for. If there are some wizard mode or unpublished "secret" achievements that is fine so there are no spoilers, but for the most part if the player is able to see the list the their progress the feature will be way more meaningful to them.
How many total achievements are available for GNR? What is my progress towards that end? This type of information should be easily accessible.

I now understand your question, sorry!

While we will never reveal all achievements, because that spoils a ton of the fun as you say, there are two ways you will be able to see what the designers have decided should be exposed to you before you achieve them:

1) If you visit the Profile > Stats > Machine > Achievements, you will see achievements that you've achieved plus any additional achievements that are part of the same "achievement group" that you have not achieved. For example, if there is an achievement to hit multiball 10 times, and you've hit multiball 10 times, you may see the achievements for 50, 100, or 1000 times by viewing that achievement and paging through the others in the GROUP box. This isn't a complete list, and it does require that you've at least hit the lowest level number of the achievement.

2) A feature we are finishing that you will see soon is called the Browse tab. This is the pinball machine in the lower left corner of the app. This is not ready yet, but when you tap that tab, you will get to choose any machine and see various things about it, including achievements (locked or unlocked). You'll find that some won't be seen or some will be in an obscured state (like mystery), but it will not require that you specifically have hit all those achievements.

Also, some achievements associated with the game are not specific to something that happens in the game! Therefore, it's not exactly right to show you those in the context of the machine all the time, and may be invisible to you until you achieve them or someone you follow achieves them.

I hope that makes sense!

#16350 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

it wouldn't let me. I was playing with my bro lastnight and letting him go first. But it was always keeping me as player one. Even when I was clicking player 2.
I'll have to try again.

Little tip: long-pressing a player slot deselects it.

#16372 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You’re right. I clicked on the notification and nothing. Clicked all around and couldn’t find anything. Finally found the challenges section where I can accept.

Well that ain’t right. Bug filed.

#16412 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Two things i would love to see would be to track the jackpots on the graph, even if they are lost. That way you can see how high your jackpot got in comparison to the actual scoring graph.

Secondly i'd love ipad compatibility, i set up my ipad next to my machine and theres so much real estate on the tablet to expand the graph horizontally and show even more details of the gameplay.

Yes...Very good ideas here. The thrill of victory. The agony of defeat.

We are working on the interactive game timeline still, where you run your finger over it and it displays the modes/etc. at any point in the graph. Score is interesting, and bonus, the question is how to visualize it in a comprehensible way. I will redouble our efforts.

As for the iPad, yes, I hear you. When I think about another UI/form factor, I am brought into a quivering panic attack, rocking back and forth. However, I think it's a worthy endeavor, and I'll look into the options we have there. Great idea.

I'd also like to get our developer portal open soon so aspiring iPad app developers can beat me to the punch.

#16703 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Bumping this… I finally had some time to play tonight and got a pretty good score (well, for me… 19 mil), and I excitedly went through Scorbit trying to figure out how to send a challenge to someone. But I am not smart enough. That or Scorbit thinks trying to challenge with 19m is too pathetic to allow.

There are two kinds of challenge features on Scorbit, regular Challenges and Challenge Matches, though right now only one (Challenges) is available in production. Challenge Match is premeditated, Challenges happen after a game is complete. Here's how it works:

- You play at great game.
- After the game you Save to Leaderboard. NOTE: If you have auto-save turned on, you skip this step, so you can't challenge!
- You are presented with a sharing and challenges screen. You can tag anyone you want to beat your score.
- You click Send Challenge.
- Anyone you challenged gets a notification to beat your score.
- If your challenge is accepted (which you do by clicking the "ACCEPT" button underneath the challenge, either in the Challenge menu, your user profile, or the score itself in the Community feed and Details), then the person who accepted the challenge can respond in turn with their game.

If you accept multiple challenges for the same machine, you will play them out first challenge accepted, first one played.

Quoted from RA77:

Awesome score daveyvandy
I seen your challenge on Scorbit the other day, but I was unable to get it to accept
I am running Scorbit on Android and it has been a little hit and miss. Its like it loses communication with the pin mid game

That's interesting, I'd love to know more! If you don't mind, email [email protected] with your Android version, the phone type, and when you see the connection dropping. What happens if you re-navigate to the game, does it pick up where it left off? (It should.)

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thanks man, I'm also running Scorbit on Android and I have had some problems here and there. I was worried I wouldn't be able to save the score to the leaderboard lol. It seems like if you don't press things in just the right order at the right time then you can lose some good scores.

Generally, the way it should work is, when you're done with a game, you can save it or throw it away. If you didn't have your app on and never claimed it, you can't go back and claim it after a certain period has passed or new games started, because otherwise we'd have folks hanging out in arcades accidentally claiming other people's scores.

If you want, you can set up auto-claim (for taking player slots) and auto-save (for automatically saving), but to claim a slot, your phone must be open and navigated to the game. Some people like to save every score, others like to save only their best.

We are adding a couple features soon that I think will help in these situations: One is called "hog mode," which doesn't require your phone be unlocked/open to auto-claim. However, if you walk away from a game for more than a couple minutes, you have to re-press the hog button to keep auto-claiming. Another feature you may like is the ability to go back to scores you claimed but didn't save and save them later, giving you the ability to share them at that time.

2 weeks later
#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Does anyone know how to challenge someone on Scorbit? I searched and searched all weekend and can’t find any way to challenge any of my friends.

Quoted from Shmilder:

Pinlokio not sure what happened. Scorbit didn't seem to let me accept your latest challenge then on top of it for some reason didn't record my 47mil score acceptance of that challenge

We're getting reports of some odd challenge behavior, so let me clarify what is the intended way for this to work:

Two types of challenges we refer to from time to time: Challenge and Challenge Match. For the sake of this post, assuming I'm talking about Challenges, because Matches are done a different way in an upcoming release.

Challenges are taunts, or tags, to people you know AFTER you've played a game.

If the app is open when the game is over, you'll see a series of screens that let you add a photo, tag others (challenge), and share.

challenges_send (resized).jpgchallenges_send (resized).jpg

What you do is after a game is finished, tag the people you want to receive the challenge, then hit "Send Challenge."

What should happen next is that the person who received the challenge gets a notification.

**If the target user checks their challenge menu or challenge tab in their profile,** they will see an option to accept the challenge.

They have 7 days to accept or it disappears.

Once a challenge has been accepted, the next game you play counts against that challenge. You can tell if you won or lost based on the score card in the screen when the game is complete:

challenges_complete (resized).jpgchallenges_complete (resized).jpg

There are a ton of known issues here, and all we're working hard to resolve quickly. For example, we will be showing you the score and the challenger when you're playing the game, and let you choose which one you want to challenge instead of handling it FIFO-style. Also, there have been some folks seeing challenges that shouldn't! We're looking into that as well. Understand, these are casual challenges. They are meant to be fun and done in a social spirit, and played casually. The Matches (coming soon) are premeditated, you can't just score a great game then challenge someone, everyone commits and the next game they play, good or bad, counts against the Match.

Hopefully this makes sense!

#17337 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So I only have 1 game to play, the next one after I accept the challenge to beat the score?

Correct, assuming you've only accepted one challenge for that game. If you accepted 3 from 3 different people, it will handle them first-in-first-out.

We're changing this to let you choose and so on. Sorry for the confusion!

#17372 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I would have thought it would be better to have a time limit and multiple attempts on a challenge. People are generally only going to challenge someone when they get a good score and the game can be so fickle. Having only 1 attempt seems very limiting as the game can be all or nothing.
I'm not challenging someone when I have a 200k score game. But I might on 20mil. Doesn't give the challengee a fair cracks at it.

This is interesting... You're right, it's unbalanced with casual challenges (hence the Challenge Match, coming later). However, giving someone a couple chances is actually really intriguing.

#17376 2 years ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I haven’t had a chance to play around with Scorbit yet since I don’t have my machine yet and haven’t made it to an arcade in a while, but when I saw above that you only get one shot at a challenge then I lost all interest in that feature. So I can spend days trying to get a great score, then challenge someone with that and they only have one game to beat it? Sounds totally unbalanced. Now if they had many chances or say a day to beat it that’s a little better. Or for that matter, why limit it at all? Track how long it took them to beat it even. Then when the challenge is beaten make it easy to keep the challenge going back and forth. It’s kind of like sharing the high score spot across two people. And then even explore group challenges and see who is at the top.
The Challenge Match might solve some of that, but I still like the idea of having a running challenge back and forth with friends.
Again I haven’t used it yet so I might be off. Looking forward to getting my machine to try it out.

Dobler You're not wrong, there are some subtleties to challenges. To be clear, the goal here is to "taunt" someone into playing a response game. This is because you want to get a bit of a ping/pong back-and-forth experience. That casual nature makes it more fun. However, you're right, it's unbalanced, so making this something like you have x days to overcome the person's score sounds pretty great to me.

The change on our side is insignificant, though I would prefer to finish the visual enhancements and ability to choose which challenge you're playing on first, then work on changing this concept of changes to beat it. This is all whirling in my head, I need some time to let it settle...

#17383 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

But the default right now is I can play 50 games, finally get a good score and challenge someone. And they only have one shot.

The Challenge Match is designed to be more like a tournament in person, where you have one shot and no practice games once it begins.

The Challenge, however, I think has a lot of wiggle room on how we orchestrate it. When evaluating feature ideas, we (the co-founders) always come back to the basic vision of the company, which is to get more people playing. From that perspective, I think saying, we don't care how many times you get to try to beat it, but there is a limited period, is actually kind of interesting, because if I can get you to try to beat Karl 1000 times, that definitely keeps in line with the vision.

Plus it gets people going for things. My question is, how long?

#17462 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Today after a decent game (for me), I went in and reviewed the achievements in Scorbit and found some weird behavior, mainly chained achievements all met during the same game. What I mean by “chained achievements” is for example an achievement for playing 1 song, followed by the achievement for playing 50 songs and then the one for 100 songs. Maybe a code bug or how Scorbit interprets this? Maybe jsa and pinball_keefer might be able to investigate? Let me know if you need anything from my side.
[quoted image]

When you're playing a game that achieves an achievement like that one, where there are levels counting the same thing, in theory, you should have achieved all those previous ones already.

So in this case, did the achievements (1 song, 50 songs) show up when you hit 100 songs? Did you not get them before, and suddenly got all three? Or did you get the first two twice?

In your Account Menu > Profile > Stats > GnR achievements screen, does it look accurate?

Thanks!

#17471 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Hi Jay! In your example, 1 and 50 achievements were achieved previously. The only thing I can think off is that maybe I “logged in” not from the start of the game but probably by ball 3 and that might have triggered something weird thus showing as if the 3 achievements were attained in the same game.

That could be it! If you have any achievements you don't think you earned, or vice versa, definitely let me know, or email [email protected].

Bugs are real. Protect yourself!

1 week later
#17737 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Yeah, it’d be great if we can quickly switch between default and custom settings for Scorbit challenges. Or is there a way in Scorbit to make a challenge specific to the coded tournament rules?
I plan to increase the MB ball save timers among other rule tweaks, partly for me but mostly because our guests are inexperienced pinball players and would enjoy a bit more time on songs to hook their interest. But I’d like to “compete” on a level playing field when it comes to Scorbit challenges.

Folks just know we're hearing you loud and clear about challenges. Ironically they've been around for over a year but we really do need to roll out more data and instructions on using them! We're taking in all this feedback and you will start seeing changes soon.

1 week later
#17945 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Waited until the sixth day and managed to pull off winning my first challenge. This was the first challenge that actually showed up that I could accept, even though I've been tagged multiple times.
I sent the challenge back to you glpinball, but it didn't show up? If not, that stinks. Pretty sure I only sent it to you.

At the moment, we are re-writing the challenge logic based on a ton of feedback. One area we have options is how to treat tagging multiple people, which for these types of challenges the intent was a one-to-one relationship with each person tagged. Challenge Matches (future feature) are challenges between multiple people at the same time.

This being said, we could change that logic, so that everyone you tag has a period to respond/beat the score, everyone's name are listed on the challenge and when it expires everyone gets notified, but I think this may be confusing when compared against Challenge Matches. What do you think?

#17997 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Can you explain Challenge Matches a little more?
Do I have this right: Challenge Matches are played simultaneously by multiple people? For example, I could look to see which users are connected to a GnR at that moment and then challenge them all to a spontaneous highest score wins match? That sounds really fun, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding that correctly.

Just to reiterate: Two types of Challenges (actually there is another, but we'll talk about that more next month).

Challenges (tagging players to beat your score) are casual, fun small taunts and responses. They are being re-worked a bit to give more transparency and visuals, so they make more sense in the context of how you all are playing them. These are started after you complete a game.

Challenge Matches are entirely different, which I'll explain. They are not available yet.

It's always a bit premature to pre-announce a feature as we're likely to change bits of it before release, but the general idea is that a Challenge Match is "premeditated." In other words, you create a new Challenge Match, select your game title or if it's specific to a single machine at a venue, choose your challengers, then your challengers get a period of time to accept. Once they do, everyone, including yourself, get one shot, one game, the next one you play.

While the app and visuals support live game play, so you can see the other players and their progress, it is not a requirement to play live. If it takes one player a few days to get a chance to play your turn, so be it, though there is an expiration variable. Since we can support live multi-game play, you can do events that way (or we can identify that as a type of challenge), but that's going to be ultimately up to the players.

It's like an unmoderated tournament between other players on Scorbit, though the scores are verified.

#18036 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for the update Jay,
Appreciate you progressing with the build.
I have accepted a few challenges so far and managed to win a couple however there is no detail to be found in the app ? Android
Still finding the UI not very friendly. The app is also struggling to keep up with the game on most occasions.
[quoted image]

The details are being added as we speak. Stay tuned for the next couple of releases to make more sense of open challenges.

As for the app struggling: Generally we've found most of those latency issues in cases where the game's connection has some difficulty (versus the app having any issues). Across our network, most of the latency is sub one second, but you have to add on to that for every bottleneck in the system. This being said, we're still not satisfied, and have some changes coming that will radically reduce that latency! Exciting stuff. Let us know what hardware you have though, so if others report similar issues we know about it.

In all fairness, the app needs a lot of work. Let's just be honest, we at Scorbit are also players and feel all your pain around UI intuitiveness. We're never going to stop working on it.

#18037 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Jay -
How do you create a challenge? I know I've done it, but can't seem to remember how...

At the end of the game, you have a screen that shows you the score card at the top, and a little + sign next to a person. That's when you can add people to an open Challenge (at the end of a game).

#18221 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you could look at the list of achievements for your game , and pick one to go for , and then go for it , and get it , and then the game says " well done you've got it " , that would be so much better

Indeed. Achievements at the end of a game may be better suited to display in the post-game screen on the app vs. the game, since it's hard to keep track outside the app in a meaningful way.

I think there are two immediate areas we're working on that may help. The first is post-game results that have a bit more use and can be revisited later.
The second is the machine tab view which will let you browse all the achievements and see what they require when they are game-specific.

#18229 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm enjoying it , but I think things could be made a bit clearer .
For example , your machine is connected , it says it's waiting to start game , you start the game , you see your score going up but when you finish , your score doesn't count .
It doesn't tell you that you need to use the qr code in the top left corner of the screen in the app , and the top right of the screen on the game .

You actually don't need to use the QR code. Just tap the player number. Did the tool tip not function showing you when you first used the app?

#18280 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't recall it saying to use any player number , maybe I missed it .
I would have assumed it was on this screen .
[quoted image]

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!

Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine

The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).

If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!

Let me know if that makes sense.

#18347 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That doesn't work for my game .
I don't know if it makes any difference , but I use my phone as a hotspot .
If I'm connected to scorebit , it will show my score but it will not let me put it up .
To get properly connected , I have to take a picture of the qr-code through the app .
Once I have done that , it will say the spot is claimed and I will be good to go .
[quoted image][quoted image]

When you say this doesn't work for your game... what do you mean? What happens when you hit the S icon?

You should see your venue, then your game, then the Waiting to Start. Does that happen? What happens when you press Player 1?

#18354 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Pressing the scorebit icon does everything you say .
Pressing player one does nothing . I'm using Android .

Can you please check your Account Menu > Settings > App Version, and let me know the version and build? Also what version of Android are you running?

One thing to try: Try a light, quick tap on the Player 1 button. If you tap too long, it thinks it's a long press which de-selects it.

#18527 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for the Scorbit challenges sent my way,
Very cool.
Unfortunately I am away for work again.
So, no snub or disrespect champions.
Jay and Scorbit team, I realise you have a lot going on to fine tune the app, another consideration for down the track would be an away mode.
In saying this I hope our buddy Chaka is well and will come back soon.
Ando

That is a great idea!

4 weeks later
#19353 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Scorbit failure here
Won't claim my slot
Wasted way to much time uninstalling and reinstalling apps , far out why does it have to be so difficult
My network is good, the app decided to shit itself for no reason

Hey there. You can always reach out to support if a problem like this happens, or jump on our Discord. We agree this should never happen.

We're in the process of fixing a few bugs that relate to the challenge system which is effecting claiming of slots when you've been challenged. We're working now on resolving those as quickly as we can.

#19393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...the only thing that I did was to disconnect my game from Scorbit, I know that I will come back but I want to keep my numbers privately for now

FYI, your numbers are private if you choose on Scorbit. The default is to auto-publish all your scores to the leaderboard but you can set that to prompt you. Also, if you don't claim slots, nothing is published no matter what, but you don't earn achievements.

Our suggestion is you leave prompting on (auto-save off), and you claim slots to earn the achievements.

#19505 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Effing Scorbit!
Finally had a good (great for me) game and landed on 92m by the end.
Scorbit recorded it but it didn't get put on the board so it doesn't count. I'm still sitting at 71m on there.
Dangit.
I have since put the auto record/save to leaderboard back ON.
I'm. A. Doofus.

Well, here's the good news. When you claim a score, it's still in there, even if it's not saved to leaderboard. We'll be adding the feature soon to go back and add it after the fact, as long as you claimed it at the time.

If you want, DM me your info/username/time/game and I'll save it for you.

#19506 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Is there a setting for auto save to leaderboard?

Yes, there is. However, you have to claim the slot somehow (QR or manually via navigation) or we don't know it's you.

Auto-save (prompting off) works by saving it to leaderboard even if the app is closed, but the slot needs to be claimed in the first place.

We have an auto-claim feature but it requires the app the be open, and we're going to be ending it soon due to issues with people claiming games they don't want to claim. Instead, we're setting up Hog Mode, which allows you to play multiple games in succession on the same account if you own the game and you don't walk away for a certain period of time (at which point ti turns off Hog Mode like a kill switch).

#19515 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Hey Jay, if you wouldn't mind a bit of Scorbit feedback...

I *love* Scorbit feedback, of all kinds.

Quoted from timbo74:

I'm renting a GnR for 6 months (it's my only machine and this is my last month) and I've gotta say I haven't used Scorbit in at least the last couple of months. I just got sick of opening the app every time.

It's legit feedback, honestly. I think the number one friction point to Scorbit is the requirement of an app! Stern is clever to avoid it as much as possible. I also enjoyed how DP worked with Bride of Pinbot 2.0, very similar to Stern (though from 2014, I'm sure it's improved in TBL).

It's a necessary evil for identification purposes in public settings, but less so in private ones. I think that's where our head is going in terms of our feature development, classifying between these two use cases and accommodating with features that make sense. After considerable debate back and forth with users and some pretty difficult compromises, I think the Hog Mode (see above post) feature may be our best solution that can work in both environments without compromising privacy and security, but we welcome feedback on it!

Quoted from timbo74:

I thought the achievements might get me back into it, but I found them to be a bit undercooked... I think was expecting way cleverer goals - masterclass stuff. Does Eric have any input into achievements? I feel like his input could be great because he'll probably have a list of goals and objectives that never made it into the code... Or something anyway.
Obviously it's early days but I think at least with Stern's IC it's always on and you're not fumbling for your phone every time you want to play a game.
Cheers

To be clear, the achievements were all written by the game designers, not us. We really like what they came up with, though. We created a platform that any manufacturer can use, and they have the hooks in the code to decide how involved these things can be. I do know that Eric and the rest of the team spent a great deal of time (read: many months) creating them and changes to their own code to accommodate it. The good news is that because it's a platform, they can change it, and add more, whenever they feel like without having to make changes to their code.

One thing also to remember is that the notion of a player profile that exists in between games is a new paradigm that didn't exist in pinball prior to Scorbit and Stern Insider Connected (though arguably pioneered by Dutch Pinball). A game designer who designs a game from scratch knowing that these capabilities exist will probably make different hooks available that will improve the content considerably! I expect great things from all manufacturers in this regard going forward.

#19545 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Oh this is great to hear. I'm glad they're invested in the system.
When I mentioned them being undercooked I think I was referring to the simplicity of them. I was expecting like, god mode objectives. On Xbox (which I haven't played for years) I really quite like their achievements because they're quite clever and separate from the main objectives of the game. I'm trying to think of something for GnR but the best I've got is "shoot 3 or 5 Super Skill shots in a row" or "Complete a whole album in one game" or "Finish November Rain" or "score 1 million+ for Slash Solo". I don't know... these are lame, but I think you get my drift. I think they have to have a quirkiness to them.
I don't think the "do one thing get an achievement, now do it ten times, now do it 100 times" has any temptation to try and keep going...
Thanks for listening anyway.

Actually, I'm really happy you wrote that, it kind of gives me an opportunity to share some more optimism!

Our platform gets really interesting because the achievements not only can be based on game specific elements, or session elements, but also just about anything else you can think of: Speed, venues, operators, individuals, geo location, designers, time of day, modes that layer over different game titles, the list goes on and on. Once you get out of counting things and start creating complex combinations with unusual requirements, it starts to become really rich and interesting. Then, when all is complete and you get the goal, having that then turn around and potentially impact game play... Things get really fascinating!

It's a new language, and unlike Xbox Live, it transcends the virtual and into the physical world. The possibilities are endless, so there is probably no way we'll even scratch the surface with this first set of releases! I can't wait to see what they come up with.

#19564 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the new way , it seems easy to challenge someone , the one thing I don't like is you have to press new game every time , it was better before when you just took a picture of the qr code and that would do it for an evening
[quoted image]

In theory, you shouldn't have to press New Game. If you start a new game, it won't jump to the game session in case you have work to do (challenge or share, etc)... However, it shouldn't stay there forever. We had it on a 120 second timer but got complaints it wasn't enough time, then we increased it and it was too long... so I think what we're learning is that we should get hog mode out there already.

I think this is what we'll do, though I welcome feedback:

We nuke auto-claim because it causes all sorts of multi-player issues, and replace it with the hog mode feature that has the auto-claim + kill switch but doesn't require the app to be open at all to grab and save games. Just a reminder: The way hog mode works is when you enable the feature, for games that you actually created/own yourself, there is a button you press the first time you go to play. Then, as long as you keep playing the same game within that period (there is a timer in between games you don't see), games get auto-claimed and auto-saved to leaderboard. If you walk away, or change games, or someone else plays a game, hog mode kill switch is activated, so you have to press it again to get back to the automation. This means you don't open the app at all.

Then, if you had a game you want to challenge someone with, we let you go back to that previous score detail screen and challenge from there within some kind of time period (and also share, etc.).

Thoughts?

#19644 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , you busted me
I sent you a 2.7 million challenge last night to see if it works . If I look at challenges or VS on my profile I don't see anything but if I have a look at yours I can see it .This scorbit thing doesn't seem as simple as it could be , but I get the guys are working on it .
If you want to play 5 balls to beat it , that's fine by me

Just FYI, Scorbit detects the number of balls you're playing and if it's above the default. We don't distinguish today but we store it, so at some point, we'll release an update that filters scores outside the default. The scores won't be lost, just will require a separate list.

4 weeks later
#20462 2 years ago

Scorbit v1.2 is here, with some major changes to challenges and playing flow. Check out the details in the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11#post-6788938

1 month later
#20966 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has scorbit been buggy for anyone else? I’ve noticed the last month or so it sometimes will have a hard time restarting new games - it used to be near flawless. I’ve only noticed it in the last month or 2. [quoted image]

Hmm, that's interesting. When you say "restarting," do you mean aborting a game by entering the menu and starting over?

#20989 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been having the same issue, and quite often it is after a game restart (holding start button after a bad ball one) but happens quite frequently at other times as well.-starting a 2nd game, etc. I'll scan the barcode with the app and it just sits there waiting without going through the process of starting the game on the app. I've tried both soft and hard closing the app and it doesn't help. Usually a full phone reboot is the only thing that fixes it.

This is definitely new, so I'll make sure we get the bug replicated and fixed. They key is to figure out why it works sometimes and not others, what the special magic is (like is it related to how fast the session starts, or something more app specific).

2 months later
#21825 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's a PITA to stay connected, just like scorbit.

What do you mean "just like Scorbit?"

#21837 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

1. Have to claim every game, I think, aka "reconnect"

Ok, just making sure. We're a network service company so I wanted to see if there was a network problem, which there is not, that's good.

Quoted from Vespula:

2. Phone locks, have to unlock phone to access to claim again (Maybe this is what's happening on number one?)

We have a feature called "auto-claim," which will work if you've set it in your preferences and if the phone is open at least once to the machine. We also have a feature which eliminates prompting for each score to save, also in preferences. Honestly, we've had reports that some apps aren't staying active during screen lock, and others tell us it works fine for them, it's hard to say when this is due to a user's phone settings or the app itself. Either way, the solution, Hog Mode, is coming soon, as it doesn't require you claim each game.

Quoted from Vespula:

3. Uses full name instead of 3 initials (I know, I know, JJP issue, but that's not acceptable to me)

I'm guessing you have no desire to change your display name to your initials until the next version comes out supporting the app preference? It's not using full name, it's using display name, which is configurable in the app.

Quoted from Vespula:

4. All extra achievements and noises during the game did not enhance my experience. I felt like I was using Waze on GnR. Silly.

That's fair, some people love it and some people don't, as you say. Some folks like recording their scores. Personally I use the app when I'm not playing to see what my friends are scoring more than achievements, or in the case of some games, I'm into the challenges, but to each their own.

I'll take the comparison to Waze as a compliment.

#21839 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

OINK OINK! This piggy is ready!

Hopefully people can take the joke... Though no one likes a game hog!

#21842 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hey I bought the thing, I reserve the right to hog it

Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

True words!

#21844 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Few weeks ago I had asked about hog mode over in the scorebit thread and I was informed that it's delayed because the developers who were working on it are located in the Ukraine and obviously there is a situation going on there.

That's true. We have some new folks working on it though. Sorry about the delay, we are ramping up new people.

5 months later
#23480 1 year ago
Quoted from killborn:

Anybody still doing challenges on Scorbit?

You might want to give a try more recently since the app update, if you haven't yet.

1 month later
#23931 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So frustrating. It seems to happen the most when I get 100,000,000+ point games too. 50% of my coin door opens were to try and reset the game and WiFi to get connected again. I didn't want to say anything because I actually like it a lot when it works and it's been great when it does.

I hope you all will enjoy our upcoming release that's coming soon. We're just trying to make the release really solid for you all and resolve many of these issues.

The issue with the "Loading Session" hangup has been resolved, along with the addition of auto-claim/save with the app off. Sorry for the trouble.

#23932 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's always been high maintenance pia to me. I tried to use it but when I'm always interacting with my phone instead of playing, I'm out.
I just got my first stern and experience of insider connected. It does stay connected. I also like if I'm having a good game I can actually sign in while I'm playing to capture the game.
I don't know that I care about it anymore than that but I was curious and see it stays connected as long as I play so if scorbit Could at least pull that off then I might use it. I don't mind logging in once... But more than once is unacceptable.

That is precisely the feature in 1.3.0. Stay tuned.

#23937 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Which feature in 1.3?
The one where I don't have to sign in every game and/or everytime after my Android phone goes to sleep?
Or
Where I can sign in mid game?

In 1.3 (being released VERY soon, final stages of beta) there is a user settings called Auto-Claim. It has nothing to do with the old auto-claim. Forget there ever was a feature called auto-claim before.

When you enable this feature, a small icon appears at the top of the session screen on the app (for Scorbit-enabled machines). This icon, when you tap it, begins something called Auto-Claim mode, which will automatically claim and save any game played on that machine, until a timeout occurs between games.

The timeout is configurable by the owner of the machine in the app. So if that's you, you can set it to whatever you like. I think we're starting with a default of 30 seconds but we know many people who want it short because it's a public venue with lines between games.

Once you press that icon, if it's a JJP game, you'll know it's working because you'll see your name in the Player 1 slot for every game. Similar to our DMD customers, who also see their name appear on the DMD. You can do this at any point during the game, before the game, after the game, etc. The mode turns itself off if you don't start another game in less than the timeout, and you can manually turn it off by hitting the icon again. You also can always "long press" a player slot as you can today to "unclaim" a slot.

You do not need to open the app at all during this process and it is not involved, it's all handled at the server level. The reason we took so long to release this is because of all the side effects...particularly with public venues... and some of the flow/thought process we had to test thoroughly.

It's true, you still need the app at the start, and we're working with manufacturers to help you using the game's interface as we saw folks like Dutch Pinball do with BoP 2.0 and then later Stern with Insider Connected. In the meantime, you scan once, and forget.

For multiplayer things get a bit more complex, so we do not intend on supporting that out of the gate, but we have some ideas on how we might make that easier as well without being locked to slots.

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions!

#23938 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

For what is worth, and this is my experience and I don’t have any affiliation with the Scorbit team, but overall my experience has been extremely positive from day one. The only time I had an issue, Jay jumped into it right away on a Sunday and helped me troubleshoot (and that shows the love to customer support these guys have!). Scorbit has become part of my routine when starting a game. Do I wish the interface within the JJP game to use Scorbit would be similar to Insider Connect where you can select profile to start a game? Sure, but not a deal breaker and I sense that might be coming up down the line. I like the competitive nature of Scorbit where you are challenging other people back and forth and I believe that if you have a collection of pins (not my case) from different vendors having a unified platform for tracking scores and challenges is a very compelling selling point. Again, this is just my view and if you want to add me to your challenges, please do so (Mar3nBu is my user name in Scorbit as well). Play on!

You just rock. Thank you for the kind words!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#24196 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's a great point. The playing field ain't level.
It would be very cool to have modified settings transmitted with the scores and viewable to be able to know the pure scores from the modified. jsa

Noted, and while in the backlog, it won’t be ready until later this year.

We do love the casualness of what is there, though. Let’s try to keep it fun.

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=jsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.