IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

7 months later
#10281 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're installing washers anyway, might as well try this first. If you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal. It's going to get messed up no matter what, might as well make the cut yourself rather than let it twist up and lift in a big mess. I'd try it but don't have a GnR.

In the old days before the new leg protectors that lift the legs away from the cabinet this technique was used to prevent cabinet decals from getting wrinkles.

#10282 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're installing washers anyway, might as well try this first. If you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal. It's going to get messed up no matter what, might as well make the cut yourself rather than let it twist up and lift in a big mess. I'd try it but don't have a GnR.

In the old days before the new leg protectors that lift the legs away from the cabinet this technique was used to prevent cabinet decals from getting wrinkles.

#10296 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sorry dude. That’s the dumbest post on this thread

Based on what?

#10301 2 years ago

Look familiar?

Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Ice-Cream-Bars-16 (resized).jpgChocolate-Peanut-Butter-Ice-Cream-Bars-16 (resized).jpg
#10470 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Can’t really say I assumed anything. I suppose that’s why I asked the question. Was just curious if the recent LEs were having the same issues that the CE has. CE play fields could have been rushed, then issues popped up, and recent LE builds could have had adjustments made as far as torquing the posts differently, or other recent remedies. Per my distributor, he’s only had 2 early build LEs have the problem, and 1 CE. He’s shipped over 100 LEs at this point, so I think it’s a reasonable question.

It is. And its also worth noting the CE playfields are a completely different playfield (art) so they could have been created in a different batch.

3 months later
#15409 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:Some spiffy miniatures and a custom bracket and it is much improved.

Looks good there - what did you use for a bracket and how did you attach it?

#15548 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Would like to see how everyone is attaching them

Same. After I ordered I read his ebay feedback. Ouch. Good luck everyone! LOL

#15567 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But wow, coil fade on this machine is no joke. Almost immediately obvious. Fortunately I have some connections to address that...

Is this something games always had? What's unique about GnR or JJP games that leads to this issue?

#15572 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Physics. So it's always been present.

Ok, I get that, so then why was this never a general complaint I have heard for Bally/Williams games and why are your kits not selling like hotcakes for all those games also? And why would GnR be especially a problem? Is the constant multi ball and more cradling causing this?

PS - just bought your kit last week!

#15573 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But wow, coil fade on this machine is no joke. Almost immediately obvious

Sorry to segment my question but this comment suggests there is something unique with GNR

1 week later
#15886 2 years ago

Just got my LE, build date 9/21. What a beautiful game! I tell ya, love the quality (playfield issues aside) but I think I am done with wood cab floor. This thing weighs a TON and not getting younger.

In any case, one minor issue, missing a screw on the lock down bar switch but notice when I close the lock down bar it rubs against the wiring. Can someone confirm this is aligned correctly? Seems even when I can find a screw the wires could get frayed. Thanks.

16337947325041372519758457514780 (resized).jpg16337947325041372519758457514780 (resized).jpg20211009_110927 (resized).jpg20211009_110927 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15892 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Here are a better set of 3; I bent one of my wires out of the way pretty easily. Good catch!

Thanks for the photos! I did the same, just bent them more than they had been. Found the missing screw hanging on for dear life in the back cabinet opening so all set!

#15915 2 years ago

So been reading a lot about pinwoofer in this thread. I was never a believer in replacing speakers (going back to original (pinball pro?) days from a decade ago) and have added subwoofers since to every game I own from funhouse to ACDC and adding a sub completely transforms the sound experience.

For GnR, man the experience is very different. The sound is so shallow out of box which is so disappointing for a music themed game. Added a Polk sub and does add a little but for the first time ever I can definitely still hear it's lacking. Plugging in a set of headphones with the mic jack gets the sound you need.

Has JJP done something different with this game that it sounds so poor?

In any case, just ordered a pinwoofer yesterday to give that a try. Such a great game want to enjoy it to the full.

#15916 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Factory speakers sound like ass. I added External sub and tweaked some of the sound levels. Works great

Ass it is. See post above. In the meantime while I wait for the pinwoofer set up what adjustments did you make when adding your sub? Mine still sounds half-ass.

#16067 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

only 12 days to my door, from where I thought on ebay indicated from Argentina, and my keychain arrived yesterday.

Same here!

#16197 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

rattle from day 1 every time the shaker goes off. Sounds like the glass, but I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from

Shaker seemed a bit much on medium so I changed it to low and my rattle went away and the effect seems more like a normal shaker

#16343 2 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

1) The glass makes a horrible screeching noise when I put it on or take it off. I’ll own 9 other pins, this is a first for me.

2) the ball gets stuck exiting the right ramp on the drummer sticks.

3) plunges draining, it’s perfectly aligned to launch straight down the drain, it’s actually worse than my ghost busters, anything I can do about that?

4) I’m getting a Matrix error on switch number 33, this message is inconsistent

5) I noticed the pin didn’t come with any type of instructions/manual, is this normal with Jersey Jack?

1 - Invisiglass has a coating on it and it's probably also a tight fit. Would not worry about it.

2 - Is game leveled properly?

3 - Is game leveled properly?

4 - which switch is this (don't have access to game)

5 - Manual is in the menu system. I think you can download and print a copy or order one. Prior games came with them but they are expensive to print and honestly I never used the hard copy.

#16359 2 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

I leveled the game using the pin guy app, set it for 6.5. Is that what you would recommend?

Did you level it left/right? The two issues you are having sounds like it's not level horizontally.

#16472 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When you just pull the plunger, there’s no skill involved.

If you pull the plunger back all the way you do NOT get a skill shot. You get it by pulling it back enough to get it through the gate without hitting the target if you pull back too far. Super skill shot is harder because you have to match the lit insert. Skill shot takes SOME skill and super skill shot takes MORE skill so seems pretty accurate.

#16677 2 years ago

Ok, so everything out of box was an awesome experience for me, this game is really amazing in every way so far.

Just noticed a weird issue yesterday however. Switches 99,102 and 107 are firing constantly as soon as game booted. I checked all the connectors at the 3 locations and they looked good but unplugged and replugged them in to be sure and still an issue. Checked usb connector on the board underneath towards back left. Unplugging power stops it, replugging it in they started up again after a few seconds. Traced the usb from that board to the backbox connector which looks seated properly.

Turned game off and on and went away. Any ideas? Hoping I don’t have a flakey board.

Video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcmv1u2v83gsn3p/IMG_0009.MOV?dl=0

EAF47565-5EFF-4A4F-8486-5C9CE7F71B11 (resized).jpegEAF47565-5EFF-4A4F-8486-5C9CE7F71B11 (resized).jpeg
#16684 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Were there any balls in the machine when you turned it on? If I'm reading that correctly the issues were all around the sensor boards, which calibrate on bootup.

Hmmm, I don’t think so. No ball in shooter lane but what’s weird is when I started the game the points started running and no ball 1 kicked into the shooter lane. I would think that if there was a ball still somewhere on the playfield the game would do a ball search.

#16715 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I was wondering if there was a “practice” mode

Ya know….that is an interesting idea! Maybe the game gives instructions/ direction on what to hit then let’s you keep trying until you get it…..like the Practice mode in Madden football or other games.

Never seen this with pinball but since these are primarily home games I can see this as a real selling point if JJP or Stern incorporated modes like this!

#16770 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Turns out my issue a missing solder point on the back of the board for the Ethernet port!

Wow. Amazing you found that. Did you solder it or did you have them send a replacement?

4 weeks later
#17837 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Isn't there supposed to be some PVC tubing or something on that little arm that hits the EOS switch?

It’s there, but on the wrong side! Arm is reversed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=joejet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.