IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7515 3 years ago

Greetings Gn'R Fans,

Our family is moving out to Colorado this summer and will likely be able to purchase this as our first JJP game around the same time. Just a couple questions:

- What are the delivery lead times on the LE at this point?

- What are the LxWxH dimensions of the game?

Thanks in advance!

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LE delivery is ESTIMATED somewhere around late fall/end of the year if you reserve now. Most dists (all?) are taking $1000 non-refundable deposits. CE is sold out. Some dists have had SEs for open sale recently.
The delivery box the pin comes in is 57ā€ x 29 3/4ā€.

Thanks for the feedback. Can someone let me know how wide the back box is? Havenā€™t owned a JJP before so curios how it compares on width to the Stern Jurassic Park I currently have. Thanks!

#7540 3 years ago

Joined the hobby 1 year ago with the purchase of a Stern Jurassic Park pro. Have played 5,000+ games throughout quarantine and am now ready to look at a second pin. Really enjoyed learning the JP ruleset and building up my skill to (almost) reach escape nublar. Can't wait to dive into a second pin.

I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers IQ (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation. I have flipped an Avengers (CE) on location and really liked the flow, speed and combo potentials. It also seems at first glance like it has a similarly deep ruleset like Jurassic Park. Really hoping my local arcade (Wizard's World) gets their GnR LE soon so I can flip and compare.

GnR is my wife and my all-time favorite band. We love the music and have seen Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver as well as Miles Kennedy multiple times. That will likely put us over the top on the decision. Just curious how those of you who own GnR would compare it to Avengers. I really appreciate your feedback!

1 week later
#7841 3 years ago

Iā€™m joining the club!!!

The wife and I played this game (an LE version) at a local arcade here in Indiana today. After a few games I heard those magical words ā€œWe need to own this pin!!!ā€ I was given the green light to put down a deposit as soon as I got home

We are moving to Colorado this summer, so I got in touch with Colorado Game Exchange. Deposit has been paid and I am hoping to get this game in December. Absolutely cannot wait. Now I have to go back and read 157 pages of posts LOL.

Shout out to Floydā€™s pinball in Roanoke for grabbing this game and letting us flip today. Sounded like they had the volume cranked to 11.

CA702A95-2C06-4E97-BEF5-A0BD488708A0 (resized).jpegCA702A95-2C06-4E97-BEF5-A0BD488708A0 (resized).jpeg
#7880 3 years ago

Put a deposit down for an LE this past Friday and was told December.

This is my familyā€™s second game (currently own a JP pro), first JJP, and first NIB pin. Are there any ā€œmust haveā€ accessories/mods/upgrades that we should consider for our LE?

Also, are there any issues with the first-run LEs that have been identified and will be corrected with future production models? I am thinking of the clearcoat issue with the JP playfield that got corrected on our by stern since it was a later model. Just curious.

Thanks

2 months later
#11865 2 years ago

Placed my order for an LE in April, and am patiently awaiting delivery in Nov-Jan. Was able to pick up a TMNT premium for the family to shoot around on in the meantime (only a 1-pin home at the moment).

As I page through this forum it sounds like I will want to take preventative measures before playing my first ball to protect the art/playfield around some of the posts in the game. I have seen some of you use washers, others have actually received different posts (I believe from JJP), and have even seen the video on Facebook with the guy claiming the original posts were mis-engineered to handle the force of the ball knocking into them.

This is a grail game for my wife and I which we plan on keeping in our home for many, many years. During the pandemic, we put over 5,000 games on our first pin (JP pro) before trading it for an AIQ. We love to play these games, and do not expect them to remain looking pristine after so much use. What I would love to try and avoid however is big chucks of the playfield splintering near these posts in our first 100 games.

Given that our game will likely see heavy use in the coming years, what is the best strategy for trying to prevent these playfield issues from occurring? I am hoping that JJP figures out something in the factory that my later build might benefit from, but would like to be prepared anyway. Sincerely appreciate any and all recommendations.

Happy flipping!

3 weeks later
#12910 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What sucks is JJP is still producing the pin! They will not stop. When it leaves the factory they know its a good chance the pins will have problems. I just canā€™t believe it!!!

Man this absolutely sucks to hear!

I had been optimistic a fix would have been implemented on later builds. This is my first ever JJP pin (dream theme), and all of these quality issues are starting to kill my buzz. I only just ordered through a distributer in April and am expecting an end-of-year delivery.

A decent company that truly cares about customer satisfaction and quality assurance would have investigated, determined root cause, implemented an immediate fix for future production and then gone out of their way to address issues in the field (previously shipped games). That would go a very long way at increasing customer loyalty and retention. No company is perfect, but it would be great if JJP outwardly showed the slightest inclination of adopting a continuous improvement mindset.

If my LE is delivered this December with these same playfield defects, and JJP continues to remain silent without implementing a fix and making their loyal customers whole, this will unfortunately be my last JJP title. I know full well that means nothing to their long-term bottom line, but I just don't think I would fully enjoy owning their (very expensive) product knowing that it arrived damaged and they were doing nothing in-house to fix it. Really a shame because I absolutely love all of the design, integration, and overall effort JJP goes through to deliver some of the best "magic under glass" experiences around. If these guys could just address these quality issues and prove to the community over their next few releases that they also have the best reliability in the industry, they would be unstoppable.

Call me foolish, but I am still holding out hope for now that JJP will choose to do the right thing with customer's receiving damaged/defective games.

3 weeks later
#13955 2 years ago

All these game photos have me so completely stoked to receive my LE! Ordered in April so likely won't see it before the end of the year. Currently have a TMNT premium in my house as a placeholder, but that game likely won't hold a candle to this masterpiece. For now I will just vicariously live through all of you with games in your house

4 months later
#19110 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m hoping to receive the LE I ordered last April sometime soon and am trying to familiarize myself with the rules. Is there a listing of the different song objectives somewhere? I have tried watching all of the available tutorial videos out there but havenā€™t been able to piece this together yet. Played a few times on location, and it seemed like the songs I played asked for me to hit flashing yellow/red shots. I am colorblind, and so the shots were not very obvious with the surrounding amazing lightshow. Would love a listing of shots per song to target (e.g. ā€œinner loopā€, ā€œleft orbitā€, ā€œright rampā€ for song X) but have not come across this. Curious if anyone has put something like this together.

Thanks in advance!

#19115 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you can't differentiate red, yellow or blue, that might be a problem initially. Eventually you'll figure it out by playing, but it might make for a rough initial road.
Maybe look into dropping a few hundred on a pair of enchroma glasses ahead of getting the game to help your color-blindness range so you can see at least some of the colors you're missing?
https://enchroma.com/

Thanks!

When I first looked into necromancy years ago their website said they didnā€™t have glasses for my specific type of color blindness. Now I see that they do.

Are the flashing shots for each song consistent, or will they change each time? Was hoping to be able to memorize the shots for each song (like ā€œWelcome to the Jungleā€ is always these 3-4 shots). I am sure I can figure it out by playing the first 50 games, but am just super excited to dive into the ruleset.

#19124 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just a few examples which isnā€™t 100% accurate.
My Michelle: 2 roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.
Paradise City: pops light shots. Make a shot and itā€™s not valid again until you light it with pops.
MR brownstone: main shots lit, make 2 or 3 then center spinner lights.
Coma: 5? Main shots lit, make one shot the. All out except the coma shot
Out ta get me: left side of playfield is lit. As song progresses the shots move to the right playfield.
Sweet child o mine: I believe this one alternates from loops to ramps
You could be mine: only one shot is lit, once you progress to the next wave, the one shot moves.
Civil war: inner loop always lit + one other shot
Estranged: targets for the most part + Ramps alternate from time to time.
Welcome to the jungle: this seems has the most variety in what shots are lit depending how far along you make it in the waves.
Itā€™s so easy: frenzy + shots
November rain: switch frenzy
Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some details. Not the type to write it all down but with 1500+ plays and a year of ownership, as soon as a song starts my memory kicks in on The shots pattern for a particular song.

Thank you!!!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Cannot wait to join this club (hopefully days away).

#19311 2 years ago

Absolutely thrilled! Just got our final payment notice from JJ at Game Exchange of Colorado! Our
LE just arrived today and is being delivered on Monday. This is our familyā€™s first NIB game and itā€™s an absolute dream theme. Iā€™m also obsessed with this art package and cannot wait for it to actually be sitting in our home. We also have tix to see slash in Denver next month. Looks like our patience in 2021 is finally paying off. RnFnR baby!!!

#19318 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

When did u order it?

First week of April 2021. A lifetime ago LOL.

#19348 2 years ago

Is there a more desirable order to qualifying the booster multiballs? Especially when stacking? Getting my game Monday and curious if the more seasoned players have developed a go-to strategy for multiball qualification order. Thanks!

#19478 2 years ago

Brand new to JJP games. Just received my LE and am wondering how to properly remove the back glass. Found the keys inside the coin door, but donā€™t want to break anything by trying to force the glass removal. Any tips? Planning to adjust the LCD monitor contrast.

#19672 2 years ago

Just got my poster art side blades. Very excited to install. I have never done art blades before. I believe the top recommendation is the ā€œwet methodā€. Is there a video out there that is a good reference. Donā€™t want to mess this install up. Thanks!

#19684 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This was my first time also. I read this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/art-blades-wet-method-apply-is-amazingly-easy#post-5627163
And I watched this also. Was enough info that it was done easily by me. I recommend generous amount of soap and then generous on the soapy water solution. You want it slippery.

Thanks!! Followed this and got them in. A little dicey with the alignment, but the soapy water did the trick. Looks amazing.

1D668D90-68E0-4BFF-8D0F-8C8936FEA7C6 (resized).jpeg1D668D90-68E0-4BFF-8D0F-8C8936FEA7C6 (resized).jpegEAF6C2A1-A5DE-4471-80C6-F0F83974FAA6 (resized).jpegEAF6C2A1-A5DE-4471-80C6-F0F83974FAA6 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#20294 2 years ago

Any recommendations to tighten a loose lockdown bar. Since my game arrived there is quite a bit of movement on the right side. I am used to Sternā€™s that donā€™t move. Thanks.

1 week later
#20513 2 years ago

Wife and I are going to the Slash concert tonight in Denver. Canā€™t wait to see my favorite pinball co-designer again in concert! Wish I had a JJP tshirt to wear.

#20517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Fuck yeah! Slash in Portland about 10ā€™ from us. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah we are HUGE fans of the Slash/Miles combo! This will be our 4th time seeing these rockers live. Slash always puts on an amazing show. Just wish I could have him swing by our house, play a few games on our LE, and then sign it on his way out of town.

#20572 2 years ago

My left guitar lock is stuck in down position. Recommended next steps?

The coil test fires on both guitar locks, but the left one is sitting in a lower position, and doesnā€™t move as much as the right.

#20577 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

I should have mentioned, as youā€™re tightening the upper playfield screws, press on the locks to ensure they move freely and adjust the upper playfield as needed. Thereā€™s some wiggle room. I think the problem with mine was I over tightened. Hope this helps.

Looked under playfield. Seems that something is up with the spring/washer/lock assembly for my malfunctioning left guitar lock (closest to camera). Seems like I need to adjust this back to match the right assembly. Hope nothing is broken.

A7E094FA-3EB4-4635-AA8F-89504BA9EABE (resized).jpegA7E094FA-3EB4-4635-AA8F-89504BA9EABE (resized).jpeg
#20579 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Looked under playfield. Seems that something is up with the spring/washer/lock assembly for my malfunctioning left guitar lock (closest to camera). Seems like I need to adjust this back to match the right assembly. Hope nothing is broken. [quoted image]

Fixed it. Took the assembly out (3 screws beneath playfield). The spring has worked its way past the locking mechanism. Simply twisted the spring back like a screw until it was matching the right side. Works great now.

#20652 2 years ago

Still having problems comprehending how to score 1x/2x/3x jackpots during the booster multi-balls (except ignite the flames which is straight forward).

After a month of game ownership, this still hasnā€™t clicked. Iā€™ve reread the tilt forums rule sheet and rewatched the streams on YouTube, but still feel in the dark here. I really think the stacking of these booster multiballs is messing my understanding as well. Cannot wait to fully comprehend whatā€™s going on so I can take my average scores from 3mm toā€¦wellā€¦something higher.

Can someone do me a solid an explain how to qualify jackpots for crowd, amp, and lights multiballs? Also interested in learning how to achieve 2x and 3x jackpots within each. Thanks in advance!

#20654 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hereā€™s my copy + paste go to ā€˜just the tipā€™:
ā€¢ lights multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting a certain # of ramps. The jackpot will light at the left loop and move clockwise around the pf every few seconds until collected. If itā€™s not collected after 2 full rotations, it will go away and ramp shots will be needed to relight.
Single, double, triple jackpot can be collected on one of the following shots:
> loops = triple jackpot
> ramps = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot
ā€¢ AMP multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting X amount of yellow hurry ups. Jackpots will light for following shots:
> under upper flipper = triple jackpot
> upper loop shot = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot
ā€¢ crowd multiball: one shot lights Teal, qualify the jackpot after hitting an X amount of Teal shots. Collect the only jackpot under the upper flipper.
ā€¢ Pyro multiball: switch frenzy. Jackpot lights after X amount of switch hits. Collect with action button - time it with the bar on display for single, double, triple jackpot.

Exactly what I was looking for. No wonder everything seemed so random before. Had no idea about a lot of this. Canā€™t wait to engrain this into my play. Cheers!!

6 months later
#22963 1 year ago

Just noticed tonight that our back left spotlight no longer moves up/down (just left/right). What is the recommended fix for this, or does it require full replacement?

2 months later
#23676 1 year ago

I have really enjoyed owning an LE for the past 9 months, but unfortunately it has not been a blockbuster hit with my family during that time. As a single-pin home, I am looking to now switch things up heading into next year.

Recently listed my game for sale here on Pinside and hoping to find it a loving home soon. Please pass along if anyone knows of someone who might be interested in securing an LE for the holidays. Based in the Denver area.

#23678 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I am the only one that plays mine too but I knew that would be the case going into it.

Wish I could afford 2 games in the home at once. My 10 year old son is currently obsessed with the Godzilla movies, so I think the writing may be on the wall for our family's next pin LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.