IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ya with Stern's Zeppelin just around the corner in 2 months, the bar has been raised. Gonna be fun to see what Ritchie/Sexton come up with.

Yeah that's gonna be a tough comparison for Stern and Ritchie/Sexton.

It'll be interesting to see if GNR affects the Stern pricing and current BOM model.

Zeppelin is gonna be in great demand but......

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

To each their own, but, you couldnt give me one of those for free. Clean and wax your playfield, change out worn balls, replace rubbers when needed and you'll be fine. These machines are meant to be played.

Amen x 1000

#360 3 years ago

I think those guys may be my new go to. I'm in knoxville and can drive down there no problem. I'm tired of distros dragging their heels on individual orders.

That's who i use too. Jason is a good dude to deal with for sure.

#769 3 years ago

Boxing up 12 pins a day, 60 per week, doesn’t sound right to me, unless it’s coming from them and I didn’t see it mentioned.

I would have thought they could do 25 or so? I thought that’s what they previously estimated

1 month later
#3551 3 years ago

Any idea when the CE's start shipping?

1 month later
#5620 3 years ago

Set up my CE yesterday

No idea wtf I’m doing other than having a blast playing this “experience”

Wow factor x10

I like just flipping and rocking out while I figure it out

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just bought someone else's spot for an LE and I'm super excited. Haven't played the game at all yet, just watched videos but it looks amazing. My first JJP ever!
Any must-have mods for this?

Videos don’t do it justice

Much better in person

I have Lior’s lock down bar mod or skull. Not sure which one for the LE. Accidentally bought it

I have the CE

1 week later
#5857 3 years ago

What a great F ing pinball experience

2 weeks later
#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

But it's still One of the best Pinball Packages ever produced.

Copy that. Couldn't agree more with the review. What a pinball experience!

My Wonka CE just landed in town, will set it up as soon as it arrives. I LOVE my Sterns too but i'm really excited for this one as well.

3 months later
#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

I’m with you brother! Just play this great gorgeous game

Took a while to even find the little separation on that post in the pic

How many pf’s have been reported affected? 5, 10, 20, 100?

I don’t see many

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Having read both the DP and GNR threads from start to finish, it seems the more people here try to suppress discussions on play field damage the more it gets discussed. Just a thought - let people work through a very real problem and rather than push back, instead post about the other topics you want to discuss to steer the conversation.

It's one thing to discuss issues logically and intelligently in hopes to help others. That's usually what happens in EVERY game thread and is the foundation of Pinside.

It's another thing to whine on, non-stop, about what folks don't like about JJP and how they are or are not going about their business. It does NOTHING, adds NOTHING, is counter-productive, and completely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

All the little tips, tricks and help to protect your games? It's been done from the beginning of pinball itself and is what makes this community excellent.

I suggest people pick up the phone and call their distributor, who sold you the JJP game, and/or JJP if you have a problem. That's what i would do.

Because NOTHING is going to change the fact the under the current circumstances JJP will sell out, once again, Toy Story CE's and probably LE's.

Not podcasts, commentary, posts or anything else. But if it makes you "feel good" to get it off your chest then wail away! . It's entertaining.

#10950 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Actually, you only need to finish the song with a maxed out crowd meter. If it’s maxed, and you miss the applause JP, you’ll still get an encore.

Didn't realize that either, thought you had to collect jackpot too.

Need to start understanding the badge rules

Actually i need to just go read and study the rule sheet. Thus far, i've just been loving playing this awesome rock concert, gorgeous game!

2 months later
#14328 2 years ago

Does the spike 2 cooling kit work on GNR. I’ve got an extra one ready to go

#14398 2 years ago

Just ordered the Pin Monk for GNR. Thx for those who replied

2 months later
#17983 2 years ago

Still loving this awesome game! Put the pinwoofers in and took it to another concert level. Wow!!!!

2 years later
#27295 3 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I own both,(both bolted at home), but after 3 years I’m still in honeymoon with my Guns N’ Roses ( I mean it!)
[quoted image][quoted image]

I with you RR. GNR is just such a great experience.

Love my GF too.

EJ next

#27329 3 months ago

Just ordered new board. Have precision flippers but still not the same as GF.

Hope it works because I love GNR and want it to flip like GF and EJ

#27362 86 days ago

I need to hook up the Polk sub too.

This is exciting!

#27370 86 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They probably aren't necessary but they still will help. If I had to rate the flipper feel of GNR I would put the stock flippers/board at a 4/10. Adding just the precision flippers I'd rate it as a 6/10, and now with the new IO board and Precision flippers I'd rate it as an 8/10 which I'm happy with. They have great power and little fade now but i still dont love the feel. I feel similarily about CGC flippers which just feel a bit off for me. Id say they feel pretty close to American Pinball flippers now. My guess is that it would still be about a 7/10 with just the I/O board and no precision flippers. For comparison I'd rate Elton John as a 9/10 with standard flips, and Stern and WPC a 10/10.

Well 8/10 is a BIG difference from 4/10

The precision flippers def improved the play a lot

Also have the fans.

GF is Stern equivalent for me

#27375 86 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

I do not feel any difference from GF. As you said, it is the same board and coils. Should not be any different. Mine feel great!! I would give them a 9/10. Agree EJ is a little better. I don’t necessarily like Sterns flippers better.

GNR after new board? Equal to GF?

For some reason, Wonka with precision flippers is really good.

Played some more tonight.

GNR needs help on top of precision.

#27468 81 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Hey guys just installed new caps. Long and short agreed game changer!
I had flipper power up on stock set up. After first game with new caps installed I turned power back to stock settings. First shot ball rattled going up right ramp and caught air of left ramp and hit glass. Lol
The spinners really rip now! ( points)
Maybe my imagination but the pops and magnet are more aggressive .
Defiantly feel the power behind all your shots no mushy feel.
If you have the skills I recommend the cap upgrade.
So reading these threads another pinsider recommended making standoff for the larger caps. I used three-quarter inch PVC pipe worked out perfect just cut to clear your bridges,and for the legs I used diode wire cut out the diode it’ll give you two legs long enough.
Just take pics of all your connectors don’t pull an iceman !
Happens to the best of us! Pics are great resource ! Good luck now to do my hobbits!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats Freddy and Def don’t pull and Iceman

Power!

1 week later
#27590 68 days ago

Anybody also add an external sub to GNR?

I’ve got the pinwoofers in there. Can’t even imagine what a sub would do to that game

#27594 68 days ago

Yes, I also have Pinwoofer which is amazing, but this game deserves an external sub. I got a steal on a secondhand 10" Klipsch and it kicks ass! Do it man!

Sold. Excited again with new flippers.

Need to max out the experience and rock concert

#27596 68 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

All my games have 12" sub and pinwoofer speakers/amps. Best mod you can do to a game

Thx Bill! Have a Polk on STH no pinwoofers.

Pinwoofers on everything else no subs.

Klipsch?

#27598 68 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

The Klipsch 12 definitely fills out the low end. You won’t be disappointed.
[quoted image]

What kind of base are you sitting those on if you don’t mind my asking?

Just picked up a pair on Amazon

You have em hooked up on all your music pins?

1 week later
#27637 60 days ago

It’s a brand new game with the board update fellas!

There’s no shortage of GNR because of what it was initially. JJP sold a ton of GNR.

Now, it’s what it should have been from day one.

Insanely phenomenal rock pin.

Just hooked up 12” Klipsch sub along with pin woofers.

Wow. Just wow. Can’t be any happier. Blowing this thing up now.

#27646 59 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

GNR had the worst heat-related fade of any game, for me. Is it completely gone now?

Gone. Played about 45 minutes again last night.

Horrible power fade previously, as strong at the end of play for me last night as the beginning.

It’s quite amazing really. Ripping shots everywhere makes it a totally different game. Imagine that.

Easily backhand left flipper ramp shot to guitar neck.

1 week later
#27740 47 days ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Folks are already complaining about song vs. non-song scoring imbalance in the beta? WTH? Keith says very clearly:
"Keep in mind, this is to compare song vs song. Songs will be a bit out of control compared to main play for the moment. Remember, first of several"
After years, we finally have JJP doing what everyone asked, and some folks are already complaining? Keith, if you're reading this, THANK YOU. Ignore these folks that apparently lack reading comprehension and take your time to balance the game to your satisfaction. I, for one, am both pleased and excited that GnR now has the potential for an all-time-great as the last remaining issues are now under active revision.

Bravo Keith. Keep it going.

With the flipper board fix it’s already one of the all time greats for me.

If you are a fan of the music and band, appreciate their involvement in the game, you gotta love just turning it on and flipping it for FUN regardless of scoring.

#27786 46 days ago

Sub suggestion? Got the Klipsch 12 based on Bill B and John Floyd.

Do most people do the splitter from the back back box straight to the sub?

I’ve used speaker wire with alligator clips to internal sub before.

#27797 45 days ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Typically this is where I would highly suggest pinnovators sub kit here but I have it on mine and I get sucky crazy feedback through the sub I have to leave it unplugged until I go to use it (Which is a huge pita). That said a powered sub REALLY wakes the audio up on this game! I’m running a klipsch r-125w and it’s got plenty of bottom end now.

Thx for the reply. Got a response from Dan, I’m gonna try the pinwoofers sub kit since I’ve got their speaker kit.

3 weeks later
#28094 21 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

So I played Labrynth last night and could give you my review and opinion about it, but this is a GNR club
[quoted image]

Give it to us Chaka

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.